Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 07:28:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227976 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The only World Cup 2006 thread you need
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The only World Cup 2006 thread you need  (Read 189639 times)
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #640 on: June 26, 2006, 01:06:55 PM »

ok Italy pass and Australia gets in the road, italy won for a penalty kick ?Shocked
That wasn't penal at all, ummm referee??? ?Roll Eyes

No man can be my equal
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #641 on: June 26, 2006, 01:07:36 PM »

...that never should've existed if the holland players had fair play and had given the ball back to portugal

I guess it was a bit unreasonable to expect "fair play" at that point of the game, it was just pure war anyway.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #642 on: June 26, 2006, 01:12:38 PM »

omg, football can be very cruel sometimes. that was a stupid penalty.. fuck

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #643 on: June 26, 2006, 01:16:37 PM »

Poor Australia. ?They worked hard but just didn't create enough chances.? Italy were diving all over the place in the second half after yet another soft red card. ?I don't think it was a penalty either - I think it was another dive. ?What a horrible way to get knocked out of the World Cup. Cry
badapple81
« Reply #644 on: June 26, 2006, 01:19:33 PM »

It was an utter disgrace.

I suggest FIFA get back to the drawing board and focus on basics like getting the refereeing right before their genious plans to reduce teams in domestic competitions.

Here where football isn't a #1 sport and has been ridiculed throughout the decades (where Rugby League and Union are more popular), it has taken off big time as a result of Australia's involvement, I can tell you that a lot of new fans who have barely watched a game before, find the refereeing and cards a total joke and laughable. Not a good way for FIFA to represent the game to a new audience. It's a joke.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #645 on: June 26, 2006, 01:22:41 PM »

Another red card!

I'm just incredulous at this point - will anyone actually be left by the end of the tournament without an outstanding ban?

Are the refs told to issue a quota of cards?!?

...and the most blatant fouls escape a card again and again!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
badapple81
« Reply #646 on: June 26, 2006, 01:23:44 PM »

Poor Australia. ?They worked hard but just didn't create enough chances.? Italy were diving all over the place in the second half after yet another soft red card. ?I don't think it was a penalty either - I think it was another dive. ?What a horrible way to get knocked out of the World Cup. Cry

True Danny.. we did work hard but you are right in saying Australia didn't create the chances. We didn't have any clear cut chances but Italy did do well in defending their area and restricting creating the chances.

Australia did work hard though and it was a cruel way to go out.

I bet Oceania will still not get a spot for the winner of their qualifying group in the next World Cup even after Australia have provided some thrilling matches for the World. They will probably still be forced to play a losing South American side.

At least my birth and #1 country England are still going.. just ?nervous
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #647 on: June 26, 2006, 01:25:18 PM »

i've been put off watching matches because of the poor refereeing these last few days. it has completely ruined the spectacle of the world cup.
badapple81
« Reply #648 on: June 26, 2006, 01:27:48 PM »

Another red card!

I'm just incredulous at this point - will anyone actually be left by the end of the tournament without an outstanding ban?

Are the refs told to issue a quota of cards?!?

...and the most blatant fouls escape a card again and again!

I know. It's laughable that some of the worst fouls go unpunished yet those which are clearly NOT fouls, or very soft fouls if that.. are dealt with a red card and the wrong decision made.

It is totally ruining this World Cup.

Every morning I switch on the news and you can be guaranteed the headlines will be red cards and refereeing decisions.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #649 on: June 26, 2006, 01:36:55 PM »

This has to be the worst world cup as an advertisement for football there has ever been

Who would get into football on the basis of the recent matches?

Even FIFA High Command is calling it a disgrace - well why dont they intervene?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #650 on: June 26, 2006, 01:46:11 PM »

Exactly is like the referees want to be the stars of the event and that's the players, i dont get why this guys want to be in the spotlight ?Angry

No man can be my equal
estranged.1098
« Reply #651 on: June 26, 2006, 02:17:15 PM »

A few teams have shown that you can play according to the guidlines very well (Brazil, Germany, England, Spain, ...)

That's absolutely correct. A few mistakes are being made, but it's nowhere near as bad as 2002 in my opinion.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #652 on: June 26, 2006, 02:17:39 PM »

i've been put off watching matches because of the poor refereeing these last few days. it has completely ruined the spectacle of the world cup.

i thought the match last night was pretty spectaculous

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #653 on: June 26, 2006, 02:41:29 PM »

Another reason why soccer is a fuckin joke.  Even though I am not a fan of soccer  I have always enjoyed watching the world cup  but  the officiating in this event has been a disgrace.  What was done to Australia today  was pure robbery  .  How can you decide a game on a penalty that never existed??  Now the Australians know what the USA felt  like when they were screwed  by the referees.  Only in international ciompetition   and soccer  could shit like this happen. FIFA  is as corrupt as orgamized crime. They are a mafia.   All FIFA is doing is making sure that the big name countries  advance  while the underdog gets screwed.   I don't like soccer but I did like the World cup until today .  That bullshit call was the final straw,  Fuck soccer  and most important  fuck FIFA and their corruption and manipulation .   I am Italian american  and I was rooting for Italy to win   but I did not want them to win on a bullshit call .  Even if Italy were to win this WC  , it would be tarnished  in my opinion.   Referees helped Italy against the USA by red carding 2 americans  and now they get a gift against Australia.   A lot of controversy surrounding this Italian team .
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #654 on: June 26, 2006, 03:11:40 PM »

Another reason why soccer is a fuckin joke.  Even though I am not a fan of soccer  I have always enjoyed watching the world cup  but  the officiating in this event has been a disgrace.  What was done to Australia today  was pure robbery  .  How can you decide a game on a penalty that never existed??  Now the Australians know what the USA felt  like when they were screwed  by the referees.  Only in international ciompetition   and soccer  could shit like this happen. FIFA  is as corrupt as orgamized crime. They are a mafia.   All FIFA is doing is making sure that the big name countries  advance  while the underdog gets screwed.   I don't like soccer but I did like the World cup until today .  That bullshit call was the final straw,  Fuck soccer  and most important  fuck FIFA and their corruption and manipulation .   I am Italian american  and I was rooting for Italy to win   but I did not want them to win on a bullshit call .  Even if Italy were to win this WC  , it would be tarnished  in my opinion.   Referees helped Italy against the USA by red carding 2 americans  and now they get a gift against Australia.   A lot of controversy surrounding this Italian team .

im afraid thats the way it goes in FOOTBALL, just look what happened to Italy in the last world cup, they got screwed
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #655 on: June 26, 2006, 03:48:25 PM »

spectaculous??

and swingtrader, would you mind not starting threads with sentences like "another reason why soccer is a fucking joke". it makes you come across as a ballbag.

As for the part of your post where you made a point - 4 years ago italy got knocked out the WC by poor officiating. These things even themselves out.

I dont think anyone, besides you, actually thinks the ref's are being maliciously poor or that they're favouring teams; just that the FIFA guidelines leave no room for interpretation and that under heavy scrutiny the rules are actually unfeasable at the top level.
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #656 on: June 26, 2006, 04:24:02 PM »

spectaculous??

and swingtrader, would you mind not starting threads with sentences like "another reason why soccer is a fucking joke". it makes you come across as a ballbag.

As for the part of your post where you made a point - 4 years ago italy got knocked out the WC by poor officiating. These things even themselves out.

I dont think anyone, besides you, actually thinks the ref's are being maliciously poor or that they're favouring teams; just that the FIFA guidelines leave no room for interpretation and that under heavy scrutiny the rules are actually unfeasable at the top level.

What does Australia have to do with what happened 4 yrs ago??  Why should they  be victimized  just so things can " even themselves out" .  Ridiculous .
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #657 on: June 26, 2006, 04:29:24 PM »

What does Australia have to do with what happened 4 yrs ago??  Why should they  be victimized  just so things can " even themselves out" .  Ridiculous .

Not much, but what happened four years ago has everything to do with your argument. Get a clue mate.

Oh, and I was gutted that the Aussies went out.

And England were rubbish, the refereeing decisions have been poor, bla bla bla.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #658 on: June 26, 2006, 04:42:39 PM »

What's up with the thumb-sucking celebrations?
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #659 on: June 26, 2006, 04:54:05 PM »

What's up with the thumb-sucking celebrations?

Footballers are babies. rofl

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 51 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: