Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 08:52:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227976 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The only World Cup 2006 thread you need
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The only World Cup 2006 thread you need  (Read 189664 times)
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #800 on: July 01, 2006, 06:39:58 PM »

I knew brazil would not make it ,  France is the much better team  .    France will definitely be in the finals  in my opinion.  Germany vs. Italy is a tough match to call  .  Italy is the better team but Germany has homefield advantage. There is a very good chance France will win this cup  and it's amazing  because of how bad they started this thing.   Back in the 1st round  if somebody would have told me france would be in the semifinal I would have laughed at them,  they sure turned it around nicely.    BTW   I hate the French ,   go Portugal! lol
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #801 on: July 01, 2006, 06:40:06 PM »

I wish we had a coach for real...

BTW, I didn't see the Brasil team. Only saw France... Was it a real match? no

Fuck Parreira, lame-ass stupid bitch.

Well... I hope Portugal will make it now. Sad

You said everything I had in mind...Parreira is just a stupid asshole!!!! What the hell he were thinking when he decided to put Kak? AND Juninho TOGHETER?!? He's just stupid...

estranged.1098
« Reply #802 on: July 01, 2006, 06:44:13 PM »

I knew brazil would not make it ,  France is the much better team  .    France will definitely be in the finals  in my opinion.  Germany vs. Italy is a tough match to call  .  Italy is the better team but Germany has homefield advantage. There is a very good chance France will win this cup  and it's amazing  because of how bad they started this thing.   Back in the 1st round  if somebody would have told me france would be in the semifinal I would have laughed at them,  they sure turned it around nicely.    BTW   I hate the French ,   go Portugal! lol

Why the fuck do you keep coming back to this thread? I guess if Italy lose you'll be crying AGAIN that men don't play "soccer".
Niko
Rocker

« Reply #803 on: July 01, 2006, 08:48:19 PM »

I knew brazil would not make it ,? France is the much better team? .? ? France will definitely be in the finals? in my opinion.? Germany vs. Italy is a tough match to call? .? Italy is the better team but Germany has homefield advantage. There is a very good chance France will win this cup? and it's amazing? because of how bad they started this thing.? ?Back in the 1st round? if somebody would have told me france would be in the semifinal I would have laughed at them,? they sure turned it around nicely.? ? BTW? ?I hate the French ,? ?go Portugal! lol

Why the fuck do you keep coming back to this thread? I guess if Italy lose you'll be crying AGAIN that men don't play "soccer".

jajaj
you keep crying!!

brazil is out  yes yes

Grin Grin Grin
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #804 on: July 01, 2006, 09:03:57 PM »

After 4 games in witch England played a slow boring game of Football and came out on top, finally they play fast, vertical and spectacular, and the referee fucks them in the ass!

Oh, and all praise for England's players. The 10 men left played like true lions for a whole hour

What the hell where u watching - it sure as hell wasn't the England game i just saw....

Oh stop being so fuckin negative ! England played what they should had played, except for the single striker. There were no pointless long balls, the defence was solid, the only thing that was missing was the goal, but ther's big chance it would had comed eventually...after the red card they didn't try to kill the game, they kept on counter attacking, putting pressure on the portughese defence and creating chances.

And Roy Keane.

And Eric Cantona.

And Gabriel Heinze.

And David Beckham.

And the list goes on...

Except for Heinze, the players you mentioned helped ManU win more major trophies in 10 years than Arsenal, or any other team in the Premiership except Liverpool, have won in their entire history...

?And maybe if Arsenal or Liverpool would start using more than 1-2 Englishmen in their teams, maybe the England squad would get better results...

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #805 on: July 01, 2006, 09:23:05 PM »

I think the English should throw piss bottles  at Rooney ,  he cost them the match by being an asshole and getting red carded.   If he doesn't get ejected they would have scored a goal in regulation and been in the semis. 
estranged.1098
« Reply #806 on: July 01, 2006, 09:45:51 PM »

England had 10 players for 70 minutes, that's almost a full match. And they still managed to do great against Portugal.

I was (surprisingly) hoping Argentina would win. They didn't but at least their people were proud of their team.

Brazil not only lacked quality but some of the players had a ridiculous attitude. Pay attention to what R. Carlos was doing while Henry was scoring a goal. That's unacceptable for a World Cup.
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #807 on: July 01, 2006, 10:13:34 PM »

Yeah Lampard was terrible.  What a shitty World Cup he's had.

Bye bye Sven.  You're shit and you know you are (but you're also a millionaire, you fucking waste of space assbandit). Angry

No way was that a red card.  Rooney landed in a bad place but it wasn't malicious or intentional.  Referees are just shit, is all.

Argh for fuck's sake - why do England always underachieve??  Does anyone seriously think things are gonna get better under Steve McLaren? Undecided

Fucking Ronaldo.  I hate that goddamn ponce.  Wasn't he meant to be injured??  I'd break his legs now if I had a hammer and the appropriate circumstances.  Fucking cocky bastard.  Who saw him wink?! Angry

Rooney definitely deserved a red card, what a moron - but I hate that habit of players demanding cards, it's so pathetic....much worse than diving in my opinion. Diving gains you the advantage for one play, a card can gain it for a match. I doubt we'll win anything under McClaren, but at least we might play with a bit more passion. Speaking of which, does anyone agree that the much maligned Owen Hargreaves was our man of the match and probably the whole tournament, he actually played like he cared about winning. Lampard sucked and Gerrard was a non-factor.

And kudos to France, awesome game-plan and a well-deserved win. Zidane totally owned Ronaldinho who looked far from the best player in the world in any game.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
estranged.1098
« Reply #808 on: July 01, 2006, 10:43:32 PM »

And kudos to France, awesome game-plan and a well-deserved win. Zidane totally owned Ronaldinho who looked far from the best player in the world in any game.

I think it's unfair to pick on individual players when the whole team plays like that. I don't know how much you followed Brazil on this WC, but here's how it went:

Game 1: Croatia
Bad game from Brazil, except for the final 20 minutes after Robinho replaced Ronaldo.

Game 2: Australia
Bad game from Brazil, except for the final 20 minutes after Robinho replaced Adriano.

Game 3: Japan
Great game from Brazil, from start to finish. Robinho played the entire game, and Cafu and R. Carlos didn't.

Game 4: Ghana
Bad game from Brazil, except for the final minutes when a Ghana player was sent off.

Game 5: France
Horrible game from Brazil. First kick on goal after 80 minutes, 2 minutes after Robinho replaced Kaka.

Notice any pattern? Well, Parreira fucking didn't.
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #809 on: July 01, 2006, 11:01:45 PM »

I certainly wouldn't put all the blame on Ronaldinho, but he came into the tournament as "the world's greatest player" and didn't deliver. Also, having to watch it in the US, I had to listen to the commentators gushing to the point of orgasm every time he was in the same half of the pitch as the ball, so that kind of biased me. Speaking of overrated, has Roberto Carlos ever done anything useful in a match since that banana free kick which must be well over a decade ago now?

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #810 on: July 01, 2006, 11:10:16 PM »

wow, 2 huge results

The English deserve to be out of this competition, for such uninspiring, unimaginative play. Portugal looked the better side Im afraid. Beckham was poor as was Lampard. Ferdinand was player of the day for England hands down. What has happened to goals and opportunities for goals? Rooney is a disgrace and needs to grow up real fast.

Brazil never really arrived at the tournament. Well done France, they deserved it with a classy perforamance. Ronaldinho was nowhere all tournament? no

My predictions? Italy vs Portugal in the final with Italy taking the title. Too good defensively and looking the most organised of the final four. France have played their final and Germany looked unimpressive against Argentina although home advantage cannot be underestimated. Portugal could just maybe pull off a fairy tale upset - the dark horse who will have won legions of new global fans after shaming and humiliating England in such a poised, graceful and effortless fashion.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 11:18:49 PM by jimmythegent » Logged

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #811 on: July 01, 2006, 11:11:24 PM »

At least I know Roberto Carlos, Cafu and some others won't be there anymore in 2010, that's some consolation...

The problem was that Brazil has a bunch of great players, but those players didn't make up a good team. France, for example, has a few great players like Zidane, Henry and Vieira (their best players, IMO) but they were comitted to winning the game, they had the right attitude, which is what Brazil lacked.
Filipe_Guns
Headliner

You have no idea.....

« Reply #812 on: July 01, 2006, 11:51:22 PM »

everything about Brazil was already said, so I just wanna say one thing

Parreira and Cafu, why don't you just FUCK OFF?!?!?!

At least I know Roberto Carlos, Cafu and some others won't be there anymore in 2010, that's some consolation...

If I was Cafu, I would really think in don't play football anymore,?or at least keep away from Brazilian team....

"thanks to the lameass security, I'm going home"
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #813 on: July 02, 2006, 01:01:30 AM »

Shame of my Brazil in this Cup
They didn?t deserve  to win NONE OF THE GAMES IMO
Lots of great players, like Kak?, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho Ga?cho, Robinho, Juninho... but let?s face it, thank God we?re not the "best" anymore, now I liked the "slap in the face" this Cup did bring to us, get real and realize that is time to change, time to learn.

Bye Caf?, Ronaldo, R. Carlos, Parreira, Zagalo
You did great in the past, now lets move on... couse we (and the whole world) want?s to see Brazil starts to play soccer again.

Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #814 on: July 02, 2006, 06:14:50 AM »

Ronaldo you little beaut  ok

If he doesn't join Real Madrid, I await the imaginary card waving little cheats first away game of the season. yes

as do i, til he bags another goal at highbury  ok

That would be great to see Ronaldo score a goal on a tennis court; the rest of his team-mates will be down the road at The Emirates Stadium. rofl

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #815 on: July 02, 2006, 06:21:28 AM »

Except for Heinze, the players you mentioned helped ManU win more major trophies in 10 years than Arsenal, or any other team in the Premiership except Liverpool, have won in their entire history...

Wrong. ok

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
Evolution
« Reply #816 on: July 02, 2006, 07:03:54 AM »

England had 10 players for 70 minutes, that's almost a full match. And they still managed to do great against Portugal.

Try closer to 25 minutes my friend!
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #817 on: July 02, 2006, 07:17:08 AM »

Wrong. ok

I may be a title wrong, but not by far, considering only 3 other teanms won the Champions League...anyway, you're missing my point.

Try closer to 25 minutes my friend!

Actually it was about 30 minutes of normal time+ about 32 minutes of extra time, so 70 minutes is not far off

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #818 on: July 02, 2006, 07:26:43 AM »

I wish we had a coach for real...

BTW, I didn't see the Brasil team. Only saw France... Was it a real match? no

Fuck Parreira, lame-ass stupid bitch.

Well... I hope Portugal will make it now. Sad

You said everything I had in mind...Parreira is just a stupid asshole!!!! What the hell he were thinking when he decided to put Kak? AND Juninho TOGHETER?!? He's just stupid...

Was a curious decision - ze Roberto, Kaka, Ronaldino and Juninho - it goes without saying that a team can only support one of those kind of players otherwise you have no one getting tackles in and controlling possession

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #819 on: July 02, 2006, 07:27:06 AM »

Rooney needs to wise up and grow up, he's not in the playground anymore.

All his moaning, tantrums and sulking are pretty embarressing. He goes on like a spoiled little princess when he doesnt get his way - Alex Ferguson should have slapped that kind of petulant pish out of him.

And Roy Keane.

And Eric Cantona.

And Gabriel Heinze.

And David Beckham.

And the list goes on...

ah cheer the fuck up matt, your acting like a cry baby (again)

always quick to criticise everyone else but never your own team, grow up
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 51 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: