Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 10:33:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Notice the reactions.....
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Notice the reactions.....  (Read 8780 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2006, 07:08:47 PM »

Where was all this new band love before the leaks? Wink

I was ALWAYS stickin' up for Axl and Gn'R, saying that I KNEW CD would be great. And I always defend him to the MAX when people insult him. I HATE people who insult him.
One time at college last year, someone really insulted him to my face, so I kicked him square in the nutz. He was so not expecting it, and it so taught him a lesson. He never insulted Axl again, and always looked down at my feet whenever he talked to me to check what shoes I was wearing...

Well, that should teach you, you silly emokid! No one insults Axl/Gn'R to me or in front of me and gets away with it. beer

Holy shit, you actually kicked a guy in the nuts for dissin' Axl?   rofl

That's fuckin' loyalty if I ever saw it!  ok

Ali
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2006, 07:14:56 PM »

I have one complaint with the new songs that isnt about 13 years or the old band, and thats the production sounds too fresh, and i dont listen to the songs over and over mainly because of it. Axl's voice is good to hear, but musically and production wise im not blown away at all.

Of course this can still change in the studio.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2006, 07:27:59 PM »

Where was all this new band love before the leaks?? Wink

I have always had love for the new band...but i must admit frustration took over many times.  My love and wanting that album to be released so bad and seeing VR out there doing there thing definitely got me frustrated to the point of anger...no doubt.  But never through that anger did I not want or love the new band and Axl and always welcomed what ever new songs I heard with open arms.  I don't like them all...for example silkworms and rhiad but out of all the new songs I have heard I like/love all of them with the exception of those 2 and now I am just hoping that this is it...that the long wait is over.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Evolution
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2006, 07:31:18 PM »

More songs to love = more love for the band.

Simple formula.
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2006, 07:33:01 PM »

It's been a long wait,so sure one gets angry,but I have always supported this band.
I for one don't go to message boards to insult bands I don't like

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Elrothiel
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2006, 08:06:17 PM »

I was ALWAYS stickin' up for Axl and Gn'R, saying that I KNEW CD would be great. And I always defend him to the MAX when people insult him. I HATE people who insult him.
One time at college last year, someone really insulted him to my face, so I kicked him square in the nutz. He was so not expecting it, and it so taught him a lesson. He never insulted Axl again, and always looked down at my feet whenever he talked to me to check what shoes I was wearing...

Well, that should teach you, you silly emokid! No one insults Axl/Gn'R to me or in front of me and gets away with it. beer

Holy shit, you actually kicked a guy in the nuts for dissin' Axl? rofl

That's fuckin' loyalty if I ever saw it! ok

Ali

Yep! I sure did! ok And I'd do it again! I was so angry before I kicked him and I thought I'd kick him repeatedly, but then when he was lying crumpled on the floor with that hilarious expression, I felt so much better and just started laughing at him, and called him a "pathetic little emo asswipe with no music taste whatsoever" all while laughing... rofl It was great! I wish I'd taken a pick-a-chure... but hey! The memory is enough! rofl

And loyalty... FUCK yea! I ain't lettin' anyone diss Axl! ok

To all the Haters:
SEE!! IF I EVER MEET ONE OF YOU HATERS... YOU'RE GETTIN' MY BOOT IN YOUR NUTS!! *is deadly serious*
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2006, 08:10:06 PM »

lol i think's thats the coolest and funniest thing i've heard in a long time.. ok rofl

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2006, 08:10:23 PM »

One time at college last year, someone really insulted him to my face, so I kicked him square in the nutz. He was so not expecting it, and it so taught him a lesson. He never insulted Axl again
I am in awe of you. ?beer

SG
Elrothiel
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2006, 08:13:36 PM »

Hehe... thanks guys... *blush* >^.^<
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2006, 08:49:34 PM »

One time at college last year, someone really insulted him to my face, so I kicked him square in the nutz.

Now that is a hardcore fan!

Have I mentioned Skynyrdgirl is fast becoming my favorite poster here at HTGTH??   ok
Great stuff.   beer

Don't let the haters bother you.  I'd be the first one in line to tell you Silkworms sucked ass, and that OMG was fair at best but very disjointed, so it's not like GNR can do no wrong...these new songs however, are un-fucking-believable.  We're in for a treat...Maddy and the Blues studio-quality  drool   TWAT, IRS, and BETTER will be studio-quality too  drool   

(Slash, Duff, Matt): "That crazy mother-fucker nailed it.  I'll be damned."   rofl 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Elrothiel
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2006, 09:02:38 PM »

Hehe thankz Axl4Prez!! ok beer

BUT, I might have to punish you a li'l fer sayin' that Silkwormz and OMG weren't brilliant... tsk tsk tsk!! Naughty!

But I'll do it in a nice kinky way because you said the new songs were fuckin' awesome!

hihi
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2006, 11:58:29 PM »

Have I mentioned Skynyrdgirl is fast becoming my favorite poster here at HTGTH???ok?
So I now rank second?? crying crying...... hihi

Elrothiel
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2006, 11:59:47 PM »

Aww! Poor JamesLofton!! *hugglez JamesLofton* Smiley
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2006, 02:21:04 AM »

Younggunner, don't you think maybe part of the reason bucket left was that his playing was somewhat limited because he had to emulate a Slash sound?  I agree that the guitars sound like old GNR at times, that is because Axl was well aware of that sound and instructed these guys to play like that.  That means to me, it is just an Axl show.  That is really not bucket's style.  Bucket can play anything.  THat is what makes him a Virtuoso, but, having guys copy Slash's style and you saying, "See, nobody is saying where is Slash is kind of hypocritical."  Had Fink and Bucket played just what they wanted, you would be dissappointed.  Axl is doing his best to satisfy those that thirst for the old band.
not at all!. I think Bucket left because of Axl andf the situation. Just listen to the ending of Twat...not only has Bucket held his own in the new material he put his stamp on it...hes owned it....

I think Axl always wanted a certain sound...and if Slash didnt want to be a part of it, he was gonna find people that would....and I am very happy with what Axl has in mind? ok

I dont think Axl is trying to satisfy anyone. Many peopel just think he wants to run off and do nin, etc. He just wants to be more modern....the songs we hear are what he wants...and i have no complaints
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 02:27:00 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2006, 02:22:58 AM »

Aww! Poor JamesLofton!! *hugglez JamesLofton* Smiley

You're Crazy! But.. in a good way..

gnrevolution.com
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2006, 02:45:37 AM »

Slash who?Huhhihi

na, i'll always respect the guy, but its time to move on....hell i moved on ages ago 'cause its for all the right reasons!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2006, 05:58:02 AM »

As far as Im concerned - we all love these new songs because we've been waiting aeons to even hear a whisper of anything. If the man farted on a cd most people would be weeping tears of joy. If Axl had kept his shit together and not been a dictator we'd have had 5 new True Guns albums by now and Scott Weiland would be mincing it up somewhere else with his terrible lyrics....

IRS great voice (top scream Axl), great solo - fairly ordinary song....

There Was a Time (Im not calling it TWAT thanks) - Great solo, nothing new in the song department though - what we dont need is more epics at this point - where the RAWK?? (am I the only one who thought Nov Rain is terrible - well until Slash kicks in at the end. Leave Elton John to Elton John thanks). Plus if they want a solo to sound like Slash so much why not eat some humble pie and get him back - you know u want to Axl......

Better - Appalling intro - lets be honest. This is what we've been waiting since 1993 for?! Christ.

My opinion, slate me all you want - which I know you will.

Finally Skynyrd Girl is the best poster due to here utterly filthy signature - good work girl!

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2006, 06:09:14 AM »

guns identity was changed the second slash left, you could still have duff and matt & dare i say izzy there now and it wouldnt sound like gunners. VR sounds like guns more than guns but its good to see GnR evolve into something modern. If they were still togethor now in their original form, i think their sound would have gone stale long ago.

Velvet Revolver is a generic rock band to the MAX.  They sound more like Stone Temple Pilots than they sound like GNR, and that's extremely sad.

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2006, 07:43:09 AM »

guns identity was changed the second slash left, you could still have duff and matt & dare i say izzy there now and it wouldnt sound like gunners. VR sounds like guns more than guns but its good to see GnR evolve into something modern. If they were still togethor now in their original form, i think their sound would have gone stale long ago.

Velvet Revolver is a generic rock band to the MAX.? They sound more like Stone Temple Pilots than they sound like GNR, and that's extremely sad.

I listen to some new gnr tunes and the only familiar thing is axl's voice.. I din't hear oh my god the first time and think classic gnr.. Everything can't sounds the way you would think.. I think dlt or ftps sounds gnrish.... SLither solo definetly has the vibe.. Come on come in has a newer sound, the guitar solo sounds different to me..
SADIS
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2006, 08:09:37 AM »

I couldn't wait for the album and was telling everybody Axl could and will pull it of....and he probably will, but I can't help but feeling the samway when you hear your ex has a new boyfriend......

You're happy for her but still feel kinda sad....I like the songs but I kinda miss the old-skool sound, which I love very very much......so I'm happy for Axl but can't help reminiscing about how great it was and maybe could've been....
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: