Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:47:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  More leaks are under way!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: More leaks are under way!  (Read 52364 times)
Olorin
« Reply #240 on: February 25, 2006, 03:10:28 PM »

So where are they? My eyes are burning from hanging around my pc all day.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #241 on: February 25, 2006, 03:14:24 PM »

STOP LEAKING SHIT ASSHOLES!!!!!!!!!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
benchiefjr
« Reply #242 on: February 25, 2006, 03:20:58 PM »

So where are they? My eyes are burning from hanging around my pc all day.
I'm sure they're gonna be around later tonight (1:53 PM) here....just wait...I'm not really anticipating much.
ktucker450
Rocker

Don't follow my footsteps, i walk into poles

« Reply #243 on: February 25, 2006, 03:22:27 PM »

yah, whenever somebody says a certain night is teh night, it never is, its just usually some random fucking day people didn't expect so much
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #244 on: February 25, 2006, 03:25:00 PM »

I have no problem with the leaks. I will buy the album anyway. I see the leaks as analogous to going to the CD store and listening to tracks before you buy the CD. But I do have a problem with people who try to profit from the leaks, whether it be selling or trading or whatever. That is wrong. But spreading and sharing leaks to the GNR community does not strike me as wrong, especially since we don't know the circumstances behind the leaks or who did it.

Furthermore, someone a few pages back on this thread, or maybe a different thread but same topic, mentioned it is illegal to be spreading copyrighted material. I am not sure that is technically correct. I would think that a demo is not copyrighted. A song is copyright protected only when it is officially released. I am not a lawyer, but I would doubt that a demo is copyrighted. It is the same as if I write a book. The first? or second drafts of the book are not copyrighted, and the book itself is not copyright protected until it is actually published.

Absolutely agree on all points except for the trading of the songs. ?I don't mind them being traded it's not a profit really if you are trading for other demos, DVD's, ect. ?In my eyes anyway.

Other than that we agree on all points you brought up.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #245 on: February 25, 2006, 03:25:20 PM »

I have no problem with the leaks. I will buy the album anyway. I see the leaks as analogous to going to the CD store and listening to tracks before you buy the CD. But I do have a problem with people who try to profit from the leaks, whether it be selling or trading or whatever. That is wrong. But spreading and sharing leaks to the GNR community does not strike me as wrong, especially since we don't know the circumstances behind the leaks or who did it.

Furthermore, someone a few pages back on this thread, or maybe a different thread but same topic, mentioned it is illegal to be spreading copyrighted material. I am not sure that is technically correct. I would think that a demo is not copyrighted. A song is copyright protected only when it is officially released. I am not a lawyer, but I would doubt that a demo is copyrighted. It is the same as if I write a book. The first? or second drafts of the book are not copyrighted, and the book itself is not copyright protected until it is actually published.
Well, I'm not a musician, but I know you can copyright rough drafts of a book you're writing. Probably the same for demos as well. If Axl didn't copyright these lyrics yet, then why hasn't some other band topped the charts with one of these songs? I'm assuming its all been copyrighted. which would make buying, and possibly even trading this stuff illegal. letting it flow for free through Pms is perfectly safe and crime free. hihi

TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #246 on: February 25, 2006, 03:29:08 PM »

Are you looking after some toddlers or something?
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #247 on: February 25, 2006, 03:32:50 PM »

Some people really need to learn how to control their aggression
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #248 on: February 25, 2006, 03:37:04 PM »

yah, whenever somebody says a certain night is teh night, it never is, its just usually some random fucking day people didn't expect so much

I didn't say last night was "the night," someone asked me when and I said HOPEFULLY by the end of the weekend...most likely, that is...but I can't guarantee it since I don't have the songs, it's not up to me. People are trading them right now for other songs and I think once everyone has them they'll all be leaked simultaneously.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #249 on: February 25, 2006, 03:38:47 PM »

People are trading them right now for other songs and I think once everyone has them they'll all be leaked simultaneously.

What are people trading them for??

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #250 on: February 25, 2006, 03:39:37 PM »

Its cool to get a taste and a hear a few songs but why in the hell would u want to hear the entire album before its ready and as Axl intends it?

wait till it comes out, buy it and enjoy the experience properly the way its intended.

themovieaddict.com
« Reply #251 on: February 25, 2006, 03:42:46 PM »

People are trading them right now for other songs and I think once everyone has them they'll all be leaked simultaneously.

I know Catcher, Thyme, Seven, Prostitute, This I Love and a couple others are supposedly being passed around...and we heard a clip from Catcher already, which is legit (obviously). That 10-second clip was a sample extracted from the song by someone attempting a trade, trying to prove to another person that they actually HAD the song by previewing it for them. The other person decided to post it on the forum for some reason.
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #252 on: February 25, 2006, 03:43:40 PM »

if only there was more poeple like us D?.im too weak to not listen to em if they do leak but i reeaaalllyyy DONT want any more songs to leak.id rather be in the crowd in dublin when i first hear some new material or maybe at download.

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #253 on: February 25, 2006, 03:44:37 PM »

Its cool to get a taste and a hear a few songs but why in the hell would u want to hear the entire album before its ready and as Axl intends it?

wait till it comes out, buy it and enjoy the experience properly the way its intended.

we're not really hearing "the album" since these songs probably have been reworked a zillion times since these recordings were made.

destroier
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #254 on: February 25, 2006, 03:46:02 PM »

Because it may never come out. Axl is probably waiting for blu ray to go mainstream now. By then he'll decide he's unhappy with a couple songs, he'll fix those then he'll have another one he wants to put on there. Perfectionism is an endless cycle.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 03:47:56 PM by destroier » Logged
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #255 on: February 25, 2006, 03:46:14 PM »

I know Catcher, Thyme, Seven, Prostitute, This I Love and a couple others are supposedly being passed around...and we heard a clip from Catcher already, which is legit (obviously). That 10-second clip was a sample extracted from the song by someone attempting a trade, trying to prove to another person that they actually HAD the song by previewing it for them. The other person decided to post it on the forum for some reason.

Oh, ok, so various people have 1 track and are offering it for another unheard one. (supposedly Wink)

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Fortus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #256 on: February 25, 2006, 03:47:07 PM »

I will be in Lisbon......but....I wanna hear this materil I'm really sure that the final album will be some different like that....
but why not a leak from Madagascar and the blues from demo-studio would be great
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #257 on: February 25, 2006, 03:47:28 PM »

Yeah Saul but the problem with this is, U listen to these demos and u get USE to the demos.

Think about Madagascar and the Blues, what if these songs are totally different on the album? we are gonna be pissed cause we already have the versions we've heard in our conciousness.

When the album comes out, if the songs have been changed it will compromise the integrity of the song cause after hearing a song a certain way for a long time, people are not gonna be able to easily accept the intended finished product.

Im afraid i won't be strong enough to turn down leaks and with all my heart I honestly do not want to hear anymore. I want to wait.

grendood
My favorite word is: Bellend
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #258 on: February 25, 2006, 03:49:30 PM »

yeah axl might bash you're head in.

music has always leaked you stupid gimp confused confused confused

I know my music yes  yes yes yes
Rocker

« Reply #259 on: February 25, 2006, 03:59:09 PM »

yeah axl might bash you're head in.

music has always leaked you stupid gimp confused confused confused

I know my music yes  yes yes yes

You're right music has always leaked. CD will also leak some weeks before it actually comes out.
BUT NOW NO MORE DEMOS SHOULD LEAK!
If you don't get it now, think about this: If you would have put your work into a project for ten years, and just before it's finished someone destroys it.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: