Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:11:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Boston Herald
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Boston Herald  (Read 31813 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2006, 10:31:56 AM »

People dont seem to realize that for the first time during the CD saga, the fanbase has the upper hand. What Axl's next move was, that was always the mystery. Year after year of guessing games, and getting nothing. Now the tables have turned. How many songs are out there, the GNR camp can only speculate. They must play a guessing game on when the next leak will happen, and how many songs will come out during that leak. Will we get to have CD in our hands 'soon'? Maybe, maybe not. Will we get to hear new music this year? Definitely.

Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2006, 10:37:27 AM »

Scratching my head (my God was I drunk last night)! ? I will write in to the Herald, no problem Grin ?It seems to me Axl's new sound is very progressive, and organic; therefore, quite obviously not a desperate attempt at keeping up with the Linkin Park's of the day. ?The reporter, should not be blasted with swearing and retarded cliches, just asked to write a quick summary noting that the songs were unfinished demos. ? I don't think the reporter heard the full "Better" leaks or versions either (Alt. version is incredible)!!!

Also, I think they at least need to publish a correction, letting readers know that these are unfinished demo tapes, not the fininshed product. ?If the writer feel's the melodies from "Better & IRS" are "forgettable," then how has he desribed the last ten years of pop music? ?

Some of these songs really grow upon one, and have certain guitar elements that are not heard until the fifth or sixth listen.
The beauty of these is in the playing, which is phenomenal, and done with an element of exploration not seen in recent pop. ?It also, throttles one with an electric wall of sound--with hidden gems behind every brick in the wall!

Mgt. should set-up a quick response website exposing media inaccuracies and biased reporting, and publicize it, before the album hit's! ?If publicized before the album and reviews come out, straight reporting would have to refere to it, as a counter point for certain opinions or stories. ?A great example of this is mediamatters.org, which uses multimedia and analysis to expose faulty media. ? Food for thought.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 10:49:29 AM by Minneapolisnewsman » Logged
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2006, 10:38:37 AM »

People dont seem to realize that for the first time during the CD saga, the fanbase has the upper hand. What Axl's next move was, that was always the mystery. Year after year of guessing games, and getting nothing. Now the tables have turned. How many songs are out there, the GNR camp can only speculate. They must play a guessing game on when the next leak will happen, and how many songs will come out during that leak. Will we get to have CD in our hands 'soon'? Maybe, maybe not. Will we get to hear new music this year? Definitely.

I couldn't agree more, You hit the nail on the head ok , It feels good to finally have some influence Tongue
RichardNixon
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2006, 10:40:18 AM »

Here's a question: So many people have bashed GN'R (Like Steve Morse and Rene Gramm from the Boston Globe) why get upset over this? It's kind of like a drop in the bucket.

There is only one way to get people to shut the fuck up. Release the damn album already! rant

Btw, I did send a letter to the editor. I will always stand by Captian Axl.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2006, 10:45:12 AM »

why get upset over this?
They're not. Its a smokescreen. They want to rally the fanbase behind this "negative" article, and steer attention away from the demos and future leaks. Sorry. That dog wont hunt. Game time is over.

Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2006, 10:51:14 AM »

why get upset over this?
They're not. Its a smokescreen. They want to rally the fanbase behind this "negative" article, and steer attention away from the demos and future leaks. Sorry. That dog wont hunt. Game time is over.

Quite the opposite, they want us to tune into what is going on in the music Mr. Lofton!  Good morning my friend!!
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2006, 11:44:54 AM »

why get upset over this?

Hey Lofton, at least give the editor your opinion--I am sure it will be entertaining beer
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2006, 12:27:11 PM »

Guns n Roses is now the Lamest Band in the World.  I am not sending shit to the focking Boston Globe.  This is so focking Gae.  Plus, if anything, we are the ones with the biased opinions.  Drum machine or not, demo or not, the article wasn't even that bad. 
SLCPUNK
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2006, 12:46:09 PM »

That is an unfortunate situation ...

But, on the other hand I find it objectionable that when GNR, management, or yourself want fans to do something, you're quite willing to call upon up to take action, but when we want some information from GNR, management or yourself we get only the standard company lines or cryptic non-messages. 

It does go both ways you know ...

Great point.

I do think it is unfair for such a harsh article against the demos.

But at the same time it wasn't really fair that Axl no showed and canceled the tour without even a peep. No news for ages, no connection with his loyal fan base.

Now the tracks have leaked and you want us to march to his defense.............

Axl could silence all his harsh critics not by releasing the CD, but by releasing an amazing single and press release. He doesn't need us.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2006, 12:49:16 PM »

I don't get it, management doesn't want us to hear the new tracks but they would like us to defend the band and contact this newspaper?

hahaha!!!

Great point!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2006, 12:50:13 PM »

GET IN THE RING BOSTON HERALD!

Get in the ring Axl Rose.............
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2006, 12:51:46 PM »

Proof is in the pudding. hihi
I like pudding that leaks from the plastic container. hihi

How can they release a 'kick ass single and album' when they're too busy playing games? They should be 'wrapping this baby up' instead of worrying about what one reporter says.

Amen James!!!   An annoucement should be made and a release date set, vids the whole thing.   peace

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2006, 01:00:59 PM »

mysteron, why don`t you just tell us what`s going on? will there be even an announement???

last week i was very positive about that, but now it seems like nothing will happen....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2006, 01:08:11 PM »

People dont seem to realize that for the first time during the CD saga, the fanbase has the upper hand. What Axl's next move was, that was always the mystery. Year after year of guessing games, and getting nothing. Now the tables have turned. How many songs are out there, the GNR camp can only speculate. They must play a guessing game on when the next leak will happen, and how many songs will come out during that leak.

i dont wanna get into the whole smoking gun thing of whether its an authorized or planned leak by axl, the band or management. but i think that the behaviour of sanctuary and axl shows such a lack of interest and response to what is happening with these versions of the songs that they must know the score. there doesnt seem to have been any signs of genuine worry from anyone which has to raise questions:
firstly because of axls suppose staunch stance on his work.
and secondly due to the absolute significance of the gnr brand and the new material to sanctuary. they cant survive on beyonce alone. jason pierce noted earlier this year speaking to fans at a gig that sanctuary were in a lot of trouble financially, and with chinese democracy as the ace up their sleeve you think they'd be more responsive about these leaks if they thought they were doing any serious damage.

if it isnt an authorised leak then of course i'd be surprised axl et al are pissed, but their response (is so far as there has been virtually none) certainly doesnt indicate they dont know how many songs will be out there in similar form to those we already have (and then you start to question just how vast the quantity is).

and yea, its ridiculous to picket a publication or critic on the basis of a different interpretation of art. yes its unfortunate they didnt mention the songs werent the finished article, but a mass aggressive movement on those basis comes across as very childish and embarrassing.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2006, 01:19:36 PM »

and yea, its ridiculous to picket a publication or critic on the basis of a different interpretation of art. yes its unfortunate they didnt mention the songs werent the finished article, but a mass aggressive movement on those basis comes across as very childish and embarrassing.

Great point.

It would make you look foolish to write a letter slamming them for the article. Other than leaving out the part about them being demos, it was not that unfair. Just an opinion(s).
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2006, 01:21:38 PM »

it comes across as very emo kid.

now i dig weezers first two records, but they really must have done a number on some of you with the docklands support.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2006, 01:55:53 PM »

Well... this is very discouraging news. This whole thing is not going to go anywhere if Axl gets "offended" everytime some jacka$$ music critic disses the new music. Newsflash to the band, management and Axl... there is more of that coming from where that came from... fvck 'em. Release the album and tour your a$$es off in support of it. That's the only way to shut these fvckers up. Us bombarding this dude's email account will have ZERO effect... he'll just characterize us as "Axl Rose obsessed lunatics". He's not going to post a fvcking retraction. Tongue

If CD tracks are on the radio every 50 minutes and the live shows get incredible reviews... guys like the Herald reporter will be forced to either change their tune or will be exposed as close-minded morons out of touch with the industry. But only the music and the band can pull that off- we can't possibly extract this pound of flesh for Axl for him... especially with just a couple demo leaks to back us up. Come on Axl, toughen up... the GN'R of yesteryear could give a fvck what some lame journalist thought....

Lastly, where in the he11 did this idea come about that EVERYONE has to love the new music or we're all screwed... I know plenty of people that hated GN'R back in the day (anyone remember One In a Million or Look at Your Game Girl? Or the riots?). That didn't prevent the band from fvcking dominating... Now, unless we've got 100% approval we're going to hide in our caves and re-work the music for another 10 years??!!?

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2006, 02:16:08 PM »

That is an unfortunate situation ...

But, on the other hand I find it objectionable that when GNR, management, or yourself want fans to do something, you're quite willing to call upon up to take action, but when we want some information from GNR, management or yourself we get only the standard company lines or cryptic non-messages.?

It does go both ways you know ...

This is one of the best points in this whole thread. I am sure there will be plenty of sheep willing to "take up the cause" but I am not going to slag this guy for his opinions. Personally I enjoyed the leaked tracks, this guy did not, end of story.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2006, 03:28:00 PM »

Before I'm deemed a sheep, I DO feel it's important the public gets the real story.? I doubt they'll print it, but here's my letter to the editor:

Dear Boston Herald,

? I find it very disappointing that after waiting many, many years to hear new Guns N' Roses music, one of the first things I read in the newspaper is a poorly-written review of leaked demo tracks by Mr. Blagg.? Mr. Blagg didn't explain to the general readership that the leaked demos are just that...LEAKED DEMOS!? Has Mr. Blagg ever heard demo tracks before?? ?We live in a digital age where leaks are inevitable.? All I ask is that your readership be told the full truth about what is being reviewed...illegally played demo tracks on the radio.?
? Can I make a request that Mr. Blagg's articles all be printed straight from his rough-drafts?? No editing.? No spell-check.? Then, PLEASE allow me to review his articles.? Smiley
? One last thing...these new songs are amazing!? Axl Rose has proven himself a great musical artist once again.? Guns N' Roses has truly taken it to the next level.?

Sincerely,
Brian

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2006, 03:42:42 PM »

I really hope Axl isn't upset about what this guy wrote.? ?If this is true? then it only proves that axl has become a bitch.? ?I guess the story about Axl cancelling the 2002 tour because? of what was said on the Howard Stern? show? might be true after all .? ? ? Undecided
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: