Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:47:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Boston Herald
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Boston Herald  (Read 31861 times)
badapple81
« Reply #100 on: February 25, 2006, 10:19:31 PM »

Nothing wrong with GN'R fans standing up and writing to a newspaper to argue the point and share some good views on the songs  ok
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2006, 11:40:53 PM »

i think one.. from merck, saying: "we will sue you soon"
You cant sue someone for stating an opinion. If Axl is getting that ridiculous about lawsuits, he needs to sue himself.

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2006, 11:44:29 PM »

I have every right, it is my opinion. It doesn't refer to everyone, but I am disappointed with some people

Sorry

maybe you should just cut that arrogant behaviour and answer the questions that have been asked..

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2006, 11:47:58 PM »

Stay on topic, please.  If you have something to say to another member that is off topic, please pm him or her.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #104 on: February 25, 2006, 11:52:39 PM »

I have every right, it is my opinion. It doesn't refer to everyone, but I am disappointed with some people

Sorry

maybe you should just cut that arrogant behaviour and answer the questions that have been asked..
He cant cut the arrogant behavior, and will never answer any questions with a serious and legit answer. That would mean they would have to stop playing games, and it doesn't look like that will end anytime soon. Axl has the worst "management" and people representing his cause on the net. Its unreal. The forums could possibly get swamped with a huge leak at anytime now, and theyre worried about what one journalist said about some demos that are now old news. I just dont understand why they care so much about what this guy from Boston said. It just doesn't make any sense. I have seen other articles in the media similar to this, so I dont see why this one is so special.

J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #105 on: February 26, 2006, 12:13:42 AM »

Sorry

He cant cut the arrogant behavior, and will never answer any questions with a serious and legit answer. That would mean they would have to stop playing games, and it doesn't look like that will end anytime soon. Axl has the worst "management" and people representing his cause on the net. Its unreal. The forums could possibly get swamped with a huge leak at anytime now, and theyre worried about what one journalist said about some demos that are now old news. I just dont understand why they care so much about what this guy from Boston said. It just doesn't make any sense. I have seen other articles in the media similar to this, so I dont see why this one is so special.

I mean I already brought some of this up on page 5.

Its the classic he might think hes better cause he knows stuff that we don't know, and he teases some of you exceptionally liking fans with false hope and vague comments.

I personally am dissappointed that this so called insider guy comes here and posts messages that are pretty vague all the time, and expects the fans to defend Axl Rose quicker then you can say Adolf Hitler.

Sorry but bullshit.

If you work for the management and they are pissed at a bad review tough shit, shit like that happens.

Take a band like U2, they know how to treat their fans and their management does as well. They don't fuck around with their fans or have some "insider" guy post on their message boards on respective sites about such and such album. Bono's management doesn't cry a fucking Nile River or Mississippi River when they get a bad review or when tracks leaked. I remember All That You Can't Leave Behind was leaked prior and How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb was leaked as well and some demos but they didn't cry about it. They yes were mad, but they released a statment.

Just like when Audioslaves first album was leaked the demos werent what the final product was all about and guess what they released a statement.

The blind follow the leader and no questions ask is bullshit.

So in conclusion, tough shit mister.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 12:35:24 AM by Jimmer Jammer » Logged

Fuck All Y'all
Grass
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: February 26, 2006, 12:20:43 AM »

I think some of guys were really rude to Mysterion.  I think I'll send off an email to the Herald.  Maybe get my buddy in Boston to send it for me so they take notice. The band has every right to be offended.  "Not his best" by whose judgement anyway?  The GNR fanbase has been raving about this music since it surfaced.  If we're embracing it who are they to give the impression that we're not?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #107 on: February 26, 2006, 12:35:41 AM »

I think this thread is kind of snowballing....Correct me if I'm wrong, but MYSTERON is the one who suggested writing the Boston Herald...NOT axl, NOT merck or management.  I understand most people being turned off to that idea, but why attack the band?  And when did Axl or management say they were going to sue over this?

EVEN if Mysteron is connected to axl/management in some way, this still just sounds like his idea/opinion, not a direct order from Axl or anything.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 12:43:57 AM by HannaHat » Logged

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #108 on: February 26, 2006, 12:40:55 AM »

I brought it up on page 2. hihi seriously though. I agree with what you're saying. The bullshit insider games need to stop, and so does this dumb media conspiracy shit against axl. Dont they have bigger fish to fry?

J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

« Reply #109 on: February 26, 2006, 12:43:44 AM »

I think some of guys were really rude to Mysterion.? I think I'll send off an email to the Herald.? Maybe get my buddy in Boston to send it for me so they take notice. The band has every right to be offended.? "Not his best" by whose judgement anyway?? The GNR fanbase has been raving about this music since it surfaced.? If we're embracing it who are they to give the impression that we're not?

Of course the GNR online fan base are going to be raving about it. I mean most of the fans would cause they are fans of the band. But people who aren't as into guns & roses as some people here are, would take a listen and be like wow this is shit.

Are some of the tracks good ? Yes. But guess what the majority of people aren't going to be pissing their pants with amazement.

As far as this reporter you know what.

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
Voltaire

Fuck All Y'all
Annie
« Reply #110 on: February 26, 2006, 12:48:11 AM »

I sent in a letter! Axl hihi's demos are so much better than anything playing on the radio right now! I have to get my daily fix of BETTER because it is so good!
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

« Reply #111 on: February 26, 2006, 12:50:28 AM »

I brought it up on page 2. hihi seriously though. I agree with what you're saying. The bullshit insider games need to stop, and so does this dumb media conspiracy shit against axl. Dont they have bigger fish to fry?

Exactly bro exactly, if they have to go after some guy at the Boston Herald wow. I mean like honestly anyone can be a so called insider. Yeah I mean I dig guns i am pro Axl and have at times been anti Slash. But the whole everyones out to ruin my party thing on Axl is bullshit. Guess what people won't like you and they won't dig some of your stuff, learn to deal with it. ?It's part of being human, learning to deal with people that have opposition to some of your views, and not getting all pissy fissy.

Like "I'll sue" or "Your so sued" haha South Park the episode from last season with Scientology.

Fuck All Y'all
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #112 on: February 26, 2006, 12:51:41 AM »

mmm. I'm afraid this is all a bit lame

There is going to be alot of critisicm (rightly or wrongly) when CD dropes. That is what happens when you do something as bold and unconventional as keep on the name singlehandedly of arguably the greatest rock n roll band this side of Led Zepplin. You put yourself under the microscope a little.

Axl needs to mend fences and build bridges this time around,. Whining and blaming is not going to cut it. Its not 1991 nor is it 2002. If a poor article gets him offended, Im afraid he's not going to have the balls to pull this thing off. It's simple - answer the critics with a strong album, tour the fuck out of it putting in good performances, don't do no-shows, dont throw tantrums / cause riots and dont play the victim of persecution by the press and all comers. It's time for ?Axl Rose the rockstar to get serious and prove the doubters wrong.

He has loyal fans desperate for something tangible, it's lame for him or his handlers to expect us to do his bidding.

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #113 on: February 26, 2006, 12:54:42 AM »

Exactly bro exactly, if they have to go after some guy at the Boston Herald wow. I mean like honestly anyone can be a so called insider. Yeah I mean I dig guns i am pro Axl and have at times been anti Slash. But the whole everyones out to ruin my party thing on Axl is bullshit. Guess what people won't like you and they won't dig some of your stuff, learn to deal with it.  It's part of being human, learning to deal with people that have opposition to some of your views, and not getting all pissy fissy.

Like "I'll sue" or "Your so sued" haha South Park the episode from last season with Scientology.

Do we REALLY know if writing the Herald is something Axl and company wanted us fans to do or is this Mysteron giving his two cents that nobody really cares about???  Seems people are calling him a bullshit insider wanna be, but yet they're believing what he said?  I don't get all this venom towards the band just b/c some guy with a computer said we should all write the paper b/c he heard Guns isn't happy with the article.   Until I hear anything official from the band I'm going to take every piece of "news" I hear with a HUGE grain of salt.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #114 on: February 26, 2006, 09:22:57 AM »

Let's not shoot the messenger. actually His info has killed a lot of rumours.

I agree that it's absurd to be encouraged to go argue for the things we're not supposed to have heard.
Who cares about some hack criticism but I don't want the readers who are the potential audience, to deem GNR fandom a bunch of the hooligans who can't finish a sentence without using at least a F word or two.

That said, the protest letters by board mates posted here are civil and great.
We enjoy debating on GNR with fellow fans here like everyday. why not with the writer/ the media?
And Me too find the review bit not only misleading and biased, but also indeed offensive.

Guns N? Roses fires early-warning shot
By Christopher Blagg
Friday, February 24, 2006

The Herald heard three of the songs yesterday, and we can tell you they?re not Axl?s best. The new tunes lack the muscle and drive of classic GN?R, the melodies are forgettable and the new industrial/electronica accents sound forced,
I guess Once you heard better, you'd find it hard to forget. And what about some comment on the guitars?
I wonder if 'the herald' actually has listened to the leaked songs. Or rather are they forgetful because of their age?

Sure enough "some people will say it doesn't sound axl it doesn't sound GNR"
Whatever they may think Axl's best to be, I don't want a rehash of AFD or UYI, not to mention TSI.
Each to his own.

Here is the offending.
as if Rose is desperately trying to keep up with the kids.

What kids?
I understand the writer doesn't respect children. Generally speaking Kids dislike ppl that disrespect them.
Since when has rock been only for old people? And when the industrial/electronica was for kids last?
Or if the industrial/electronica elements are what Mr Blagg meant by the kids, these are not something to keep up with. Maybe it's difficult for 'the herald' to keep up with the kids, but they should get off their high horse and learn the history of music, especially of euro noise field tracing it back to the beginning of the last century, before making such a remark publicly.

What is 'The Herald'? surely the article doesn't say it's a quality paper.
RichardNixon
« Reply #115 on: February 26, 2006, 09:26:06 AM »

Any of our letters get published?
sandman
Legend

« Reply #116 on: February 26, 2006, 10:00:11 AM »

"they're not Axl's best. The new tunes lack the muscle and drive of classic GN'R"

i agree with this statement, and i think 95% or more of rock fans would agree with it as well. it is NOT axl's best, and it is different from classic GnR. it's not really a negative statement.

not everyone is gonna like the new songs. and some people that do no like them get paid to offer their opinions. and that is exactly what they will do.

we can disagree with those opinions, but criticizing someone for giving their opinion on a piece of art is truly moronic. if everyone had the same taste for art, the world would be a boring place. 

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
RichardNixon
« Reply #117 on: February 26, 2006, 10:13:41 AM »

"they're not Axl's best. The new tunes lack the muscle and drive of classic GN'R"

i agree with this statement, and i think 95% or more of rock fans would agree with it as well. it is NOT axl's best, and it is different from classic GnR. it's not really a negative statement.

not everyone is gonna like the new songs. and some people that do no like them get paid to offer their opinions. and that is exactly what they will do.

we can disagree with those opinions, but criticizing someone for giving their opinion on a piece of art is truly moronic. if everyone had the same taste for art, the world would be a boring place.?

But the thing is is that those songs were only demos. If CD came out and was panned, it would be one thing, but these songs are just in-the-works, sans "better" which sounds finished, and great as is.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #118 on: February 26, 2006, 10:16:33 AM »

you know, at least gnr gets some publicity. who cares if it's good or bad publicity.

that's just childish

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
HellRevisited
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #119 on: February 26, 2006, 10:16:52 AM »

ppbebe,about the quote you find offensive-that writer shows no disrespect toward children,he's saying that he thinks Axl is trying too hard to make modern sounding music.

?I absolutely do not see how or why anyone finds that article offensive or unfair.didn't it basically say most responses to the leaked songs have been positive?if the writer had really wanted to bash Axl he would have only stated his own negative reaction & not mentioned all the positive reactions from others.

*IF*there is any truth to the idea that Axl is truly upset over this no big deal article,then wouldn't it make sense for him to get out of the entertainment industry?famous people get some pretty brutal critisisms,being thin skinned is just not healthy in their line of work.but anyway,that's an *IF* thing...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: