Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 11:18:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Philosophical question of the month--March
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Philosophical question of the month--March  (Read 17348 times)
Elrothiel
« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2006, 03:41:04 PM »

Wow... I wonder what that species will be!! peace
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2006, 05:14:16 PM »

Communist China... yes, but why are WE so intelligent? Why are we the ones ruling the earth? Why not dogs, or horses, or cats? Why are WE so special that we're the ones to invent cars and buildings and jobs and music and all the things that separate us from animals?

That's what I asked. NOT "How did we get here?". We know how we got here! We evolved over millions and millions of years from single cell life-forms.

The question is WHY.

We're best adapted to survive in this world. Our intelligence and thumbs come from an evolutionary process, the same process that made it beneficial to be a giant reptile with huge teeth (dinosaurs) some time ago. Nows it's our turn, and eventually a different species will inhabit the earth.

Our physical traites play a role and how it relates to the earths enviorment, like you mentioned, so the next dominent species will probably come from the sea. Especially with how the enviorment is changing ( ie: global warming, the polar ice caps melting, destruction of the ozone and rainforest). I read somewhere that the next dominent species that will evolve will be the dolphin. Dolphins are supposed to be more intelligent than we are right now.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 05:26:58 PM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Elrothiel
« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2006, 06:41:52 PM »

Yes... dolphins will soon take over the world. "Soon".

rofl
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2006, 06:43:46 PM »

Yes... dolphins will soon take over the world. "Soon".

rofl

Just like on the Simpsons!!!  rofl

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Elrothiel
« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2006, 06:45:47 PM »

Oh yea! I fuckin' love that episode!! Its hilarious! rofl
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2006, 06:58:49 PM »

If anyone's up for a good read, just check out the book The End of Faith by Sam Harris.

Would I change how I act?  Of course not.  People who behave a certain way they consider "moral" just so they can get into heaven after they die are what I call "lunatics."   yes

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2006, 07:10:00 PM »

Would I change how I act? Of course not. People who behave a certain way they consider "moral" just so they can get into heaven after they die are what I call "lunatics." yes

I don't consider those people lunatics.  However, to me it's not relevant to lead a good life to have eternal happiness.  I feel that it's more important to lead a good life for the sake of being a good person.  Small things that people of differing religious views fight over (like premarital sex, birth control, and alcohol consumption) shouldn't matter.  Instead, the fundamental principles under which a normal person would lead a life should be observed (such as not causing harm to another person).  To me, everyone is entitled to their own views, but a concern for an afterlife should not impact how a person acts.  This is because not everyone believes in an afterlife or superior being, and people can neither prove nor disprove their existence.  In the meantime, we are here, so we should lead civil and sociable lives.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: