Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 11:30:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Philosophical question of the month--March
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Philosophical question of the month--March  (Read 17371 times)
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2006, 09:39:22 PM »

Well, all that Heaven and Hell stuff is complete bullshit, but I refuse to believe that you just ... stop existing.

And if you don't stop existing, and you don't go to Heaven or Hell, then you MUST come back as someone/something else.

Think about it. You're alive. Look at something... anything, and then imagine trying to think how to look at it when you're dead. You can't.

Personally what I think happens is this: You die, you lose all your memories, and for a while, you lie in the ground until you rot away, and then you're reborn as someone or something else. Perhaps on another planet, perhaps even in another universe, but you come back. And it continues.

The only reason the Earth's population has risen so much is because we're destroying all the forests and natural animal habitats, and killing thousands of millions of animals, and they're all coming back as humans.

And becoming activists! ok hihi

I hope I come back as a donkey. Or a cow. No, not a cow. Cows get abducted by aliens too much.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Elrothiel
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2006, 10:58:33 AM »

I hope I come back as a cat. ok
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2006, 03:38:05 PM »

Wolf. yes
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2006, 03:39:13 PM »

The Gladiator?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2006, 03:45:38 PM »

Yeah, the Gladiator.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2006, 03:50:43 PM »

Thank god for that, I'd thought you'd gone all weird on us and were considering comming back as that dirty animal.

You come back as Wolf, I'll be Hunter, and together we'll take over the world.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Elrothiel
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2006, 05:12:10 PM »

What'll Jarmo come back as I wonder? ok
Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2006, 05:41:39 PM »

Jarmo will never die.

Elrothiel
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2006, 06:02:08 PM »

Of course not! His soul will live on! But his body will eventually die! But his soul will find another being to inhabit. ok

I'm just wondering what it is! yes
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2006, 06:04:27 PM »

Jarmo will inhabit a hedgehog hihi hihi hihi

Nothing to say
RichardNixon
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2006, 06:08:56 PM »

You must believe in something though, surely, even if it isn't a God?

Otherwise everything just seems pointless.

But does there have to be a point?
Elrothiel
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2006, 06:15:32 PM »

Ha! hihi

He meant there has to be a point to Life. AKA if there's no nothing after we die, then why do we exist in the first place!?
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2006, 06:35:52 PM »

'I can well imagine an atheist's last words: "White, white! L-L-Love! My God!"?and the deathbed leap of faith. Whereas the agnostic, if he stays true to his reasonable self, if he stays beholden to dry, yeastless factuality, might try to explain the warm light bathing him by saying, "Possibly a f-f-failing oxygenation of the b-b-brain," and, to the very end, lack imagination and miss the better story.'

Everything has a point.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2006, 09:10:52 PM »

that would suck to come back as bateria

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2006, 09:16:22 PM »

Ha! hihi

He meant there has to be a point to Life. AKA if there's no nothing after we die, then why do we exist in the first place!?

Because of a scientific occurence that happened purely by chance. God was invented merely because early man needed an explanation for an existence they couldn't explain or, in some cases, needed the threat of eternal hell to keep them in line.

Danny Top Hat
« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2006, 06:35:12 AM »

Well, we've been asking these same questions since the very beginning and, dispite all that mankind has discovered, we're not getting any closer to finding answers.  There's only one way to discover the truth and I don't wanna go that way just yet.  I'll find out what's out there one day, just like we all will, but I reakon the real meaning of life is just to get on with it - live through the curiosity, reproduce if you can and prepare the next generation for what's to come.  In the end, death is the great adventure. yes
Elrothiel
« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2006, 01:28:24 PM »

Communist China... yes, but why are WE so intelligent? Why are we the ones ruling the earth? Why not dogs, or horses, or cats? Why are WE so special that we're the ones to invent cars and buildings and jobs and music and all the things that separate us from animals?

That's what I asked. NOT "How did we get here?". We know how we got here! We evolved over millions and millions of years from single cell life-forms.

The question is WHY.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2006, 01:31:56 PM »

Communist China... yes, but why are WE so intelligent? Why are we the ones ruling the earth? Why not dogs, or horses, or cats? Why are WE so special that we're the ones to invent cars and buildings and jobs and music and all the things that separate us from animals?

That's what I asked. NOT "How did we get here?". We know how we got here! We evolved over millions and millions of years from single cell life-forms.

The question is WHY.

We rule because we have thumbs. Thumbs rule.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2006, 02:01:27 PM »

Yeah, thumbs are great.

Our intelligence is our defence mechanism, it's what keeps us alive and makes us prosper as a species. ?Some animals have horns, some have poison and some have wings. ?We have intelligence. ?And I don't know why.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #99 on: March 16, 2006, 03:24:36 PM »

The question is WHY.

We're best adapted to survive in this world. Our intelligence and thumbs come from an evolutionary process, the same process that made it beneficial to be a giant reptile with huge teeth (dinosaurs) some time ago. Nows it's our turn, and eventually a different species will inhabit the earth.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: