Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 02:49:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Philosophical question of the month--March
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Philosophical question of the month--March  (Read 17170 times)
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2006, 02:20:43 AM »

Well the moral is to treat others as you would like to be treated.

It's not just humans. Even monkeys groom each other and take care of one another physically and emotionally.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2006, 02:21:30 AM »

Indeed.

It is all about intent anyway isn't it?

If you are acting kind for your own selfish reasons then you are lying to yourself as well as God (if you believe in her.)

Are you saying I'm selfish?   Huh 

Why is everybody mean tonight?   Cry

Going to sleep, before I say something else dumb   Embarrassed

I did not mean you per se.........

For example: If somebody is acting kind to another person for their own reasons* then they act is not sincere. If there is a God he/she/it will know that. But deep down, so does the person who is acting in that manner. They are lying to themselves.

* (If a person is only kind to another because they want something from that person, IE money, a chance at something else, whatever........)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 02:24:57 AM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2006, 05:33:02 AM »

Well the moral is to treat others as you would like to be treated.

It's not just humans. Even monkeys groom each other and take care of one another physically and emotionally.

so you're saying you're a monkey ?

Goldie
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2006, 05:46:47 AM »

So are you asking if humans should act more civil just because we have a tad more intellegence than most other beings? I have no religion, but I worship Earl! Karma rules!? peace What you do will come back and bite you in the ass. So if you want to kill, rape and pilage, just be prepared for the come back. May not happen in this life, but it should!!? Cheesy

I'm waiting for the aliens to come take me away....
Elrothiel
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2006, 06:10:17 AM »

Hey!! You watch My Name Is Earl too!! Shocked That program rocks! Cheesy
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2006, 06:51:31 AM »

You only get to live once, as you get older you should be able to develop your own ideas of how you should live your life.  Make your own morals, decide for yourself what makes a person good or bad, but always aim to be as good a person as you can be.

You don't need religion for any of this.  Religion is the easy option.  There's no reason to think that they've got it wrong, there's every possibility that there is a creator and a heaven and a hell, but i'd rather live by my own rules instead of following a book all my life.

So, in answer to the question, I wouldn't act very differently at all.  I guess I might kill one person (just one) if they really pissed me off, but most of the time I would be just the same.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2006, 09:00:51 AM »

I propably wouldn't change a thing.

The thing is (as some have already said in this thread), it's not about if there's a prize at the end waiting. It's not about heaven or hell for me. My main guideline in life has been to enjoy it as much as I can so that I, and the people around me would be happy, and so that my actions wouldn't hurt people. The last point is sometimes impossible to achieve, because a lot of times, no matter what your actions are, people will get hurt.

But as for the original suggestion about going on a rampage and killing people.. That would give me no pleasure what so ever. Sure I'm angry at some people from time to time (usually here.. in my real life people will not try to talk about the same topics with me 4 times in different threads.. Smiley).  But violence would most propably solve nothing. When I do something good for someone. It usually makes me feel good too. I don't do it out of fear of God. I do it because I hope they'll be happy too.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2006, 09:37:25 AM »

I won't change a thing anyway human beings are animals of costumes (costumbres is in spanish anyone know the word for the exact translation?  nervous , cause I think costumes is for halloween)

No man can be my equal
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2006, 11:06:51 AM »

I won't change a thing anyway human beings are animals of costumes (costumbres is in spanish anyone know the word for the exact translation?? nervous , cause I think costumes is for halloween)

It's customs. But some people are animals of costumes too, in relation to pretending to be something they're not. Smiley
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2006, 11:46:06 AM »

Say you knew for certain that God didn?t exist and that there was no afterlife, would you act any differently? In what ways would you change your life or treat others?

I wouldn't change, because of the life history i have, it made me as i am and i don't think my beliefs change anything if not help me hang on to something some call life.

Nothing to say
Elrothiel
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2006, 12:32:58 PM »

See... that is the reason why in my first post in this thread... I didn't say how I'd change as a person, I just said what I'd do! I'm nice because I'm nice, not because some omnipotent higher power written about in a 3000 year old story book has told me to be nice (except on here... gotta be nice otherwise I'll get banned! hihi ). Roll Eyes

I am who I am, and "God" and "Religion" don't hold precedence over my life in any way anyway! So I'm home and dry on that one! smoking
Chelle
VIP

~Crazy Bitch~

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2006, 03:47:31 PM »

I did not mean you per se.........

For example: If somebody is acting kind to another person for their own reasons* then they act is not sincere. If there is a God he/she/it will know that. But deep down, so does the person who is acting in that manner. They are lying to themselves.

* (If a person is only kind to another because they want something from that person, IE money, a chance at something else, whatever........)

Ooh... True, true   peace

"She was queen for about an hour...? after that, shit got sour... She took all I ever had.? No sign of guilt.? No feeling of bad, no..."
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2006, 04:00:00 PM »

I have acted kind to many people in my life and i have been a monster with some others ( and the word is weighed)

When i have been kind, the ones who know me questionned it, because they see me as cold and ruthless or when i'm not, passionate and volcanic.

And the ones who don't know me questionned too, with a usual " what does she want ?"

Well, fuck, i want nothing but people to be happy.

Why ?

Because i'm not.

Is it sad ?

Probably.

Is it bad ?

Not.

Fullstop.

Nothing to say
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2006, 05:52:10 PM »

would do nothing different, i'm nice cos i am not cos i think God might be pissed if i'm not

That's a hatrick for Doull
Elrothiel
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2006, 09:07:18 PM »

God sucks anyway. Roll Eyes Goddam prudes! hihi
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2006, 09:24:57 PM »

God sucks anyway. Roll Eyes Goddam prudes! hihi

God is awesome!  Smiley

But that doesn't make me a prude.  beer
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2006, 10:04:19 PM »

Say you knew for certain that God didn?t exist and that there was no afterlife, would you act any differently? In what ways would you change your life or treat others?

I believe we all would act differently, and those who say they wouldn't are either lying or don't no themselves that well.

Example:How about all those family members and co-workers who you deeply hate? Would you be nice to them anymore? I doubt it, sometimes I feel people are nice to each other just to get a free ride to heavan.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Kaybee
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2006, 10:24:18 PM »

I wouldn't change the way I am at all.

I'm nice because I choose to be. Sure people piss me off sometimes, and I get mad and annoyed at them, but unless they do something completely disrespectful for no reason, there's no reason not to be nice. Some people say that I'm too nice and I get taken advantage of, but I think it's just my nature. My mum is one of the nicest people in the world, and I've always tried to be like her.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2006, 12:11:31 AM »

I don't think I would change at all...I would still act as I do now.     

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Goldie
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2006, 05:40:57 AM »

I find that I'm a better person than most "church-goers" anyway. They say Dont steal, Dont drink, Dont fornicate, Dont lie... Funny how they steal your money with an offering plate and get to be tax free, they go boozing right after service while fucking a prostitute and then lie to the other churchies that they don't do that...WHATEVER!!? rant

As Bill Hicks says,
"We're a virus with shoes." Nothing more--- smoking

Be kind to the other viruses though.? Wink[/color]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: