Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:13:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Scott Weiland's statement's censored
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott Weiland's statement's censored  (Read 9305 times)
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2006, 03:27:18 PM »

Wow, I didn't knew it was erased from VR sites peace So, no balls to go to the end Scott ?

Anyway, I've never understood why he made that 'statement' anyway. He has nothing to do with this story.

I wish Slash would have said something.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2006, 04:11:33 PM »

Wow, I didn't knew it was erased from VR sites peace So, no balls to go to the end Scott ?

Anyway, I've never understood why he made that 'statement' anyway. He has nothing to do with this story.

I wish Slash would have said something.

i don`t think it`s because scott doesn`t have the balls. i guess slash and duff weren`t aware of him posting it and didn`t want to be regarded on that level.

and well....mtv news said that slash was going to make a stateent in the following days....i guess it`s still to come....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2006, 11:39:59 AM »

The explanation's getting lamer and lamer... Scott was only looking for attention... It's a joke. It'd be fair to admit that Sanctuary asked you, Jarmo, to do this.  Undecided

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2006, 11:45:01 AM »

It doesn't tell you anything that it was removed from all the VR sites? 

Go and scream "censorship" to them. After all, it was their lead singer who posted the comments.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Sterlingdog
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2006, 12:33:29 PM »

I have to say, if Jarmo was acutually trying to "censor" the statment, he did a poor job of it, since its still on the board for anyone to read and discuss.

It also seems rather obvious to me that they pulled the stament of the VR site most likely because Slash actually did say the the things that Weiland accused Axl of saying.  Rather than get sued for that, they pulled it off to protect Weiland.  So if anything, Jarmo's "censoring" of the statement would be in Weiland's best interest.

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2006, 02:40:48 AM »

It doesn't tell you anything that it was removed from all the VR sites??

Go and scream "censorship" to them. After all, it was their lead singer who posted the comments.? Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Thank you for the question, although I still don't know if Sanctuary asked you to remove Scott's statement.

To your question: it tells me that it was Scott's action and he didn't talk about it with the others. So what. Did Korn's guitarist consult the other band members when he said some words about Axl? Does it matter? No. They later removed Scott's message for some reasons. It's their decision but as far as I remember it was up there for some days/weeks - you deleted it much much faster. Now you're trying to act like if you only wanted to 'protect' Scott, cause he was to ruin his and VR's image with his stupid statement. It's good you care so much about VR, I haven't realized you're such a supporter. But let them ruin or protect their image, it's their job.

Ceterum censeo

Scott's statement is among the 10 most important GN'R news of the year. So far.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2006, 04:53:20 AM »

Scott's statement is among the 10 most important GN'R news of the year. So far.

Maybe for you it is. I couldn't care less what he thinks of Axl's looks.

For your information, I decided his childish comments weren't appropriate on my site and I removed it. Obviously somebody else thinks the same since it wasn't important enough to be saved on the VR sites.

You can argue all you want and scream censorship, I don't care.

I did what I thought was right, and I still think I did the right thing by not giving his statement the extra attention. Manye agree with me, many don't. You don't and there's not much I can do about it.

You seem to disagree with many things I do. Oh well...   Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2006, 05:08:57 AM »

I did the same on my site, I didn't put this thing up. I just didn't give this guy any attention, and I didn't even bother to translate it in French for my board because I thought it was so lame and irrelevant.

What the big deal is anyway? Isn't it like two weeks old? We don't care know, with all the tour news and stuff. If people want to have more info about VR, there are many boards and sites for this.

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2006, 06:32:28 AM »

Some people can get really boring...

GNR - CROATIA
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2006, 07:19:42 AM »

Hey,  look who is here!    You mean like you talking about Gilby Clarke buying you a luch and his band members buying you a Hagen Dasz.
I mean..  Honestly,   who are you to tell anyone they are boring after all that stalker stuff you went on to tell us about!?

Also...
Since I am new to this topic,   I have to add one thing.
On the first page of this discussion,  there is something like 'it is more relavant to post what Adler's ex - members say about him than what Scott says Axl, cause Adler was in GNR' Huh  hihi
That was the most lame excuse I have ever heard of,  without taking anyones side.
Don't get me wrong...
Yet,  Scott plays with 3 ex Gunners,  on the other hand,   Adler is a solo GNR kick - out in his band.
I mean,   how much more is 3 compared to 1!?
anythinggoes
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2006, 07:59:37 AM »

Hey,? look who is here!? ? You mean like you talking about Gilby Clarke buying you a luch and his band members buying you a Hagen Dasz.
I mean..? Honestly,? ?who are you to tell anyone they are boring after all that stalker stuff you went on to tell us about!?

without getting too involved here you have got issues go and find something interesting to talk about

As for this topic why is it still being discussed it was two weeks ago noone gives a fuck what Scott said i sure as christ am not interested if it had been Slash Duff Matt Izzy Steve Gilbey or any one Else involved with GNR then yes it would have been interesting but Scott has fuck all to do with GNR, and there are a lot more interesting matters happening now move on.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2006, 08:06:59 AM »

On the first page of this discussion,? there is something like 'it is more relavant to post what Adler's ex - members say about him than what Scott says Axl, cause Adler was in GNR' Huh? hihi
That was the most lame excuse I have ever heard of,? without taking anyones side.
Don't get me wrong...
Yet,? Scott plays with 3 ex Gunners,? on the other hand,? ?Adler is a solo GNR kick - out in his band.
I mean,? ?how much more is 3 compared to 1!?

Yes.. Scott plays with 3 ex members, is _not_ one of the ex-members. Most propably has never even met Axl in person. The comparison you made really doesn't make any sense. It's not about whether Scott plays with some of them. It's about him not _being_ one of them. And while that is not a reason not to post Scott's reply (the real reason being that it was pretty stupid and attention seeking), it is a reason to post the Adler's comment since... you guessed it: he _was_ in GN'R. Just like why the comment by Korn's guitarist was more relevant: he actually talked to the guy. This all said of course without taking anyones side ('cause I really can't speak for /J).

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Big Gun
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2006, 09:11:31 AM »

HI GUYS, MY OPINION IS THAT THE STATEMENT SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN CENCORED. IN THE END IT DOESNT REALLY MATTER THAT MUCH COZ IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER WE ALL READ THE STATEMENT. THE ONLY POINT IN WHICH I AGREE WITH JARMOS EXCUSE FOR CENCORING THE STATEMENT IS THAT THIS IS HIS OWN SITE...

Please don?t put your life in the hands
Of a rock and roll band
And throw it all away
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2006, 09:12:58 AM »

Please don't use all caps.. Looks like you're shouting and it just makes you look stupid.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
GNR - CROATIA
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2006, 11:28:50 AM »

Without taking any sides...

Something like 'stuff said by Adler's ex - members being more relevant to this page than Scott' hitting back cause Adler was an GNR member'  is the most stupid excuse I have ever heard!  BY FAR!
Scott has 3 ex - GNR members in his band while Adler was the only one + he was kicked out after 5 years,  long before UYI tour began or ended.  Needless to mention,  unlike Slash,  Duff or Matt he never recorded the albums nor played the tour. 
Therefore,   I fail to see how a comment from an guy who played with Adler for few months can be more relevant to this page then Scott's official statement.
I also fail to see how an ex- GNR - kick out,  can be more important then 3 ex -members who styed there quiet longer.
Dude...    It is your board and it is upon us to visit it or not,  but hey,    in the way it has been run lately,  it is loosing public value and I think it is a shame.
It is just like comparing serious papers to yellow press.    This site is going rapidly from the first one into the second one.
Don't see why it is happening and why all the sarcasm is necesarry if one has different oppinion like Makka or else.
It is shame that present moderators understand Makka's or else critics like a dictatorships do understand critisc on themselves rather than to understand them as constructive critics to make this board a better place and fun for all the fans of the people who used to be a GNR.
I am afraid that some people see their idols 'to high' and begin a war with anyone who thinks differently rather than to ask oneself a question of who is more important.
Atthe end of the day you would realise that the band members are not 'little buddhas'.
We are not hear for them but they are here for us.
If it wasn't for the fans,  nobody would buy their music or go to the concerts and they would be sitting on the street begging for money.   YES,  even AXL.
You can do whatever you want with your site cause it is YOURS,   but don't make war with other people's fans or shut down freedom of speech cause that is immature and makes you (and the people who follow you) look like 8 year olds living in the 21st century and being afraid of the unknown. ok
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2006, 11:41:37 AM »

I'll explain it to you again.

The only way I know how to run this site is the way I've ran it for the past 9+ years.

I don't worry about what people will think, I post by what I feel is right. I don't care what people think of me or the site. I don't sit and think about any "image" or anything like that. If you think I act like an eight year old, so fucking what?

Sometimes I post rumors because they seem possible, sometimes it turns out the rumors were right and sometimes not.

This time the "statement" didn't feel right, so I removed it after a few hours.

First I wanted everybody to see what kind of a person Weiland is, and then I realized I'm doing exactly what he wanted. So I decided not to play along by removing it.

Now you can disagree all you want, that's fine. You can cry about censorship all you want, but the fact is, you're free to discuss the "statement" on the board and nobody is silencing you for disagreeing with me.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 11:43:21 AM by jarmo » Logged

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2006, 11:42:06 AM »

fun for all the fans of the people who used to be a GNR.

you said a mouthfull right there. Scott was never in gnr, so why does his opinion matter so much to you?
GNR - CROATIA
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2006, 05:26:21 PM »

fun for all the fans of the people who used to be a GNR.

you said a mouthfull right there. Scott was never in gnr, so why does his opinion matter so much to you?

As for you asking...
The guy who commented on Adler was in GNR as much as Scott was.
So what's the deal? Huh
Scott plays with 3 guys who were there till the end of GNR so far (TSI '94,  was officialy last piece of music released so far).
Now tell me,  why does oppinion from an guy who played with Adler (kicked out '90),  matter more? Huh
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2006, 05:34:50 PM »

(TSI '94, was officialy last piece of music released so far)

Actually, it was Oh My God, on the End of Days soundtrack, which was released late 1999. TSI was released late 1993, and Sympathy For The Devil in 1994.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2006, 05:42:02 PM »

Now tell me,? why does oppinion from an guy who played with Adler (kicked out '90),? matter more? Huh

How do I explain this.... The guy spoke about how he quit/was fired from Steven's band.

Scott was ranting about the way Axl looked.

Now, I think some people who are GN'R fans are also interested in what goes on with Steven's band (when they tour, release music or who was fired).

Weiland's comments were not about what was going on in the band he has with three former GN'R members. It was about what he thinks of Axl's looks. There's a fucking difference. At least to me there is, maybe you don't see it the way I do. Doesn't make you right though.

Is that clear enough for you or do you wanna keep whining and arguing about it? You know it's not gonna change. I still think I did the right thing and none of you have managed to convince me that I did the wrong thing.

The fact that it was removed from the VR sites made me realize I made the right decision even more.? ok

/jarmo

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: