Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:58:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rolling Stone: Smoking Section - (rumor) tour with Slash/Duff
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rolling Stone: Smoking Section - (rumor) tour with Slash/Duff  (Read 23744 times)
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« on: March 24, 2006, 02:15:41 PM »

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/9519862/smoking_section?rnd=1143227639250&has-player=false

All the way at the bottom:

"The rumor floating around at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony? Guns n' Roses will tour this summer with Slash and Duff McKagan back in the band. We're not saying who's spreading this around, but if you happened to be getting hammered at 3 a.m. in Room 39A of the Waldorf-Astoria hotel in New York with Kid Rock and Lars Ulrich, you may have overheard the same gossip. Sources indicate it's not true, but only Axl Rose can say for sure, and he's not talking.

AUSTIN SCAGGS"
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 02:17:54 PM »

BS
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 02:19:00 PM »

It keeps being mentioned by seperate, seemingly unconnected people.

The famous "grapevine".
Wicked Demon
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 02:20:47 PM »

BS

No, the story is 100% TRUE: Axl Rose is not talking.
Origen
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 02:21:20 PM »

I don't think this is the time for a (Semi) Reunion.

I want to hear CD with the new lineup touring and I want to hear Libertad with VR touring.

After all that has been done, then I'll be exstatic for a reunion ?beer
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 02:22:05 PM »

Out of curiousity, what would everyone do on this board who said "Bullshit" and this turned out to be true?

Would you be disappointed or glad?

Wink
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 02:22:29 PM »

The ONLY thing that is making me even think that this could be REMOTELY true is the fact that we have had no updates from the official web site, no new promo pics for the upcoming tour and the vague comment how they were planning on doing something "out of the box" with their marketing stratedgy (at least I think I remember reading that somewhere).

All that being said, its 99% unlikely to happen.

I do wonder why you keep hearing about it though...if its so unlikely, then why do we keep hearing it?  Unless people WANT it so bad they are almost willing it to happen?  I don't know.  But the silence only two months away from RIR is REALLY wierd (even for this band).

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
godiva
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 02:27:05 PM »

I don't think this is the time for a (Semi) Reunion.

I want to hear CD with the new lineup touring and I want to hear Libertad with VR touring.

After all that has been done, then I'll be exstatic for a reunion  beer

I thought I was the only one who felt this way. I can't wait to hear the new band this summer and I would be seriously bummed not to see them, even if this meant seeing Slash and Duff. After these gigs, a reunion would be awesome, but then with Izzy as well  peace Yes, I'm a difficult girl to please  hihi
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2006, 02:27:20 PM »

http: //www.rollingstone.com/news/story/9519862/smoking_section?rnd=1143227639250&has-player=false
 We're not saying who's spreading this around, but if you happened to be getting hammered at 3 a.m. in Room 39A of the Waldorf-Astoria hotel in New York with Kid Rock and Lars Ulrich, you may have overheard the same gossip. Sources indicate it's not true,

false = BS
not true = BS
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2006, 02:31:42 PM »

As long as it's not turning in to some fucking nostalgia tour. I want the new shit cuz it kicks major ass in general and Velvet Revolvers specifically. IF Duff and Slash are onboard again they better shut their mouths and get in line with the program. Cuz it's so fucking obvious Axl is the stronger!!! If they are not there they will not be missed by me. But IF Slash should now his place along with Robin and Fortus. And Tommy Stinson is cool as hell as far as I am concerned anyway

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2006, 02:33:02 PM »

Guys this might be a rumour spread by GNR management to cover more attention of this NEW GNR comeback...    (another theory)
Wicked Demon
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2006, 02:37:13 PM »

http: //www.rollingstone.com/news/story/9519862/smoking_section?rnd=1143227639250&has-player=false
 We're not saying who's spreading this around, but if you happened to be getting hammered at 3 a.m. in Room 39A of the Waldorf-Astoria hotel in New York with Kid Rock and Lars Ulrich, you may have overheard the same gossip. Sources indicate it's not true,

false = BS
not true = BS

Look, I agree with everybody who says this has less than a 1% chance of happening. I agree that it even if it were to happen, it may end up being a lesser lineup than 2002.

But, if "sources = someone who talks to management" or if "sources = management", well, they may not be the best informed sources.

I've been an officer at two companies that both ended up merging with other companies. Until we were sure that it would work, we didn't dare tell PR or anyone. It was such a closely guarded secret that even some of the other officers didn't know for a while.

This article says "only Axl knows for sure", and that's probably true.

The situation we're seeing is weird. No press release despite (apparently) being led to believe one was coming soon. A stinger addendum to the lawsuit, a retracted return-fire from Scott Weiland, a promised-but-never-delivered response from Slash, kinder words from Duff, no denial of the event that Axl described, previous kind words about CD from Slash...
Sterlingdog
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2006, 02:38:24 PM »

Axl seems pretty unhappy with Slash right now.  I'm thinking Slash would have to do some major groveling for Axl to bring him back.  That alone makes it pretty much impossible that Slash will be back, at least not any time soon.  As far as Duff, I don't see Axl booting anyone out of the band to make space for him.  And why would they add another bass player? 
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2006, 02:38:39 PM »

I've allways wondered how this could happen and if true were in for the begining of something HUGE.

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2006, 02:40:22 PM »

It doesnt matter how much Id like that to happen.. that kinda dreams dome come true...
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2006, 02:41:09 PM »

whats going on with Tommy right now, thought he was rehurseing with GNR

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2006, 02:43:52 PM »

I don't see how this is possible with the law-suit going on between them.
Wicked Demon
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2006, 02:47:44 PM »

Axl seems pretty unhappy with Slash right now.? I'm thinking Slash would have to do some major groveling for Axl to bring him back.? That alone makes it pretty much impossible that Slash will be back, at least not any time soon.? As far as Duff, I don't see Axl booting anyone out of the band to make space for him.? And why would they add another bass player??

I don't want to be another guy that grasps at straws to make this sound plausible, but I do want to defend its plausibility a bit.

I've worked with some great people who got burned out at what they were doing. When they left, we had to bring in and promote new people to do their jobs. In one instance, we told the new employee, "look, you're filling in for someone who has been here since day 1. We need you now, but if this guy says he's coming back, well, he's our guy. We'll do everything we can to keep you with our company, if that ever happens."

The fierce words in the lawsuit could have been a way for Axl to say, "hey, you said you were going to quit playing with those guys, but you haven't. put up or shut up." Perhaps a rather extravagant way of saying that Smiley
DCGNR2006
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2006, 02:47:49 PM »

You've got a better chance of seeing God

Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2006, 02:48:36 PM »

whats going on with Tommy right now, thought he was rehurseing with GNR

Maybe it'll be him, Duff, and another bass player, and they'll do a Spinal Tap/Big Bottom thing. ? Wink

I'm intrigued with all the rumours... we'll just have to wait and see. ? yes

I don't see how this is possible with the law-suit going on between them.

No it really doesn't make sense does it. ?Maybe they've been talking and want to settle it outside of court? ?Things just don't add up sometimes. ?I'm just happy that Axl is coming back! ?Of course, I'll wet myself if I find out that he and some of the former members are back together. ?Especially Slash!

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: