Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 09:03:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  (Possibly) First "Review" of Chinese Democracy - Sort of!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: (Possibly) First "Review" of Chinese Democracy - Sort of!  (Read 50140 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2006, 03:00:54 PM »

"Say what you want. If you want to say I'm full of shit, that's fine.

The people involved, band, staff, and loved ones of the band are very protective of this. I asked my friend if it was OK to post this, being vague, but still giving limited details. He said that would be fine.

You could understand if you were to create something that you loved, and was going to be very lucrative besides, and some jerk gave away all of the details making your creation not as special. You might be pretty mad.

If I gave a track listing, what would stop someone from going to a peer to peer and finding everything,? I pinpoint the artwork, then what happens? I'll tell you what, Chinese Democracy on a CDR, with artwork, $5.00 on the street on NYC. Would my friend be pissed off? yes. Would band members and record types be pissed off? yes. Would lawyers? No, but I'm sure they would sue my ass.

I can't give a track listing, I can't give artwork details. I can just tell you to be in line at midnight on relese day to buy this thing. It is a purchase that few are going to regret. "

http://www.velvetrope.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=773321&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=1
-------------------------------------------------------------

he couldnt even give us a track listing...

OK step back for a sec and say this is actually legit info....It's pretty sad that people know they will be flamed for letting us know info about this band. We have no idea if this is real or not. I wonder what people around here will do when all the consspiracy is blown wide open...there won't be anything for the naysayers to talk about.

posts are coming so fast that this reply prolly won't get read anyway *edit: as i typed this 6 replies were made then i post it and nothing hihi
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 03:04:22 PM by Neemo » Logged

AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2006, 03:01:02 PM »

You guys and gals do know that SOME people have heard CD right? And SOME people on that board are insiders in the industry, so before too long someone over there is going to have heard it. Not sayin this guy is legit but lets see if he gets us more before we call him names.

I think the leaks came from the trunk disc, and someone who had a tape handy when Axl did one of his private listening partys...

further solidifying why you don't know ****

Smiley

If you think CITR is from a disc.. you're an idiot, it's a tape recording. If you completely buy Wes's story that some strippers stole the disc or copied a disc of Axl's, I really feel sorry for you.

CITR didn't come from wes... it also didnt come from someone who taped a listening party... actually, i'm not even sure what you mean by "listening party", but i'm pretty sure it's wrong.

now you know me better
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2006, 03:04:07 PM »

JUST ASK HIM ONE THING. ASK HIM TO VERIFY IF "THIS I LOVE" WILL BE ON THE ALBUM.
IF IT IS THERE, ASK IF HE CAN VERIFY THE LYRICS FROM ROSEOFVELVET.COM IS GENUINE.

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2006, 03:04:50 PM »

You guys and gals do know that SOME people have heard CD right? And SOME people on that board are insiders in the industry, so before too long someone over there is going to have heard it. Not sayin this guy is legit but lets see if he gets us more before we call him names.

I think the leaks came from the trunk disc, and someone who had a tape handy when Axl did one of his private listening partys...

Smiley

If you think CITR is from a disc.. you're an idiot, it's a tape recording. If you completely buy Wes's story that some strippers stole the disc or copied a disc of Axl's, I really feel sorry for you.

CITR didn't come from wes... it also didnt come from someone who taped a listening party... actually, i'm not even sure what you mean by "listening party", but i'm pretty sure it's wrong.

I know CITR didn't come from Wes, Citr somehow/someway was taped from an audio device.. whether it be a dj at one of axl's listening partys when he throws them at titty bars/ or night clubs, or whether it be from a studio tech sneaking it out, fact is CITR was from a tape. The other tracks were from a disc or discs, whether you want to believe it was the Trunk Disc+Wes's Disc or the trunk disc, wes disc, plus one other mystery disc.
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2006, 03:05:08 PM »

JUST ASK HIM ONE THING. ASK HIM TO VERIFY IF "THIS I LOVE" WILL BE ON THE ALBUM.
IF IT IS THERE, ASK IF HE CAN VERIFY THE LYRICS FROM ROSEOFVELVET.COM IS GENUINE.

Are you kidding? He heard the cd, I doubt he memorized it.

Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2006, 03:05:16 PM »

posts are coming so fast that this reply prolly won't get read anyway rant

I'm with you Neemo...

The guy offered to meet someone with a CD-R in NYC??? ok... my problem with that is, he can't tell anyone the tracklist or artwork, but he's willing to copy the CD... not only that, but the person who buys it off of him could leak it anyway.

At the same time, he could be telling the truth. ?someone should take him up on the offer! ?Smiley

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2006, 03:07:25 PM »

I'm with you Neemo...

The guy offered to meet someone with a CD-R in NYC??? ok... my problem with that is, he can't tell anyone the tracklist or artwork, but he's willing to copy the CD... not only that, but the person who buys it off of him could leak it anyway.

At the same time, he could be telling the truth. ?someone should take him up on the offer! ?Smiley

Give me his contact info.. it will take me 30 minutes to find out if he legitimately has a copy of CD or not.  If he has it, I'll put the money where my mouth is...
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2006, 03:07:49 PM »

Smiley

I know CITR didn't come from Wes, Citr somehow/someway was taped from an audio device.. whether it be a dj at one of axl's listening partys when he throws them at titty bars/ or night clubs, or whether it be from a studio tech sneaking it out, fact is CITR was from a tape. The other tracks were from a disc or discs, whether you want to believe it was the Trunk Disc+Wes's Disc or the trunk disc, wes disc, plus one other mystery disc.

THIS ISN'T A CITR POST!

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2006, 03:08:09 PM »

What was on the CD that Axl played in the NYC club in Feb? ?An unmastered version of the entire album? ?Maybe that is what he heard?
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2006, 03:08:52 PM »

I'm with you Neemo...

At the same time, he could be telling the truth.  someone should take him up on the offer!  Smiley

I can be in NYC in 15min. I'll meet this punk and see whats legit and what isn't.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2006, 03:08:59 PM »

"Say what you want. If you want to say I'm full of shit, that's fine.

The people involved, band, staff, and loved ones of the band are very protective of this. I asked my friend if it was OK to post this, being vague, but still giving limited details. He said that would be fine.

You could understand if you were to create something that you loved, and was going to be very lucrative besides, and some jerk gave away all of the details making your creation not as special. You might be pretty mad.

If I gave a track listing, what would stop someone from going to a peer to peer and finding everything,? I pinpoint the artwork, then what happens? I'll tell you what, Chinese Democracy on a CDR, with artwork, $5.00 on the street on NYC. Would my friend be pissed off? yes. Would band members and record types be pissed off? yes. Would lawyers? No, but I'm sure they would sue my ass.

I can't give a track listing, I can't give artwork details. I can just tell you to be in line at midnight on relese day to buy this thing. It is a purchase that few are going to regret. "

http://www.velvetrope.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=773321&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=1
-------------------------------------------------------------

he couldnt even give us a track listing...

OK step back for a sec and say this is actually legit info....It's pretty sad that people know they will be flamed for letting us know info about this band. We have no idea if this is real or not. I wonder what people around here will do when all the consspiracy is blown wide open...there won't be anything for the naysayers to talk about.

Unfortunatly thats the nature of things these days, im sure there are people out there who have real info but get pissed off by the behaviour of certain people on the boards! Look at it this way, if this story is legit, then CD is done, which means its only a matter of time, this thing cant stay locked up forever, not when $$$$$$$ have been spent on it.

Have a little patience

Jonx
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2006, 03:09:49 PM »

What was on the CD that Axl played in the NYC club in Feb? ?An unmastered version of the entire album? ?Maybe that is what he heard?

Yeah, could be....

All I need with him is 5 minutes, then 30-60 minutes to verify any lyrics he might be able to give me from a song we haven't heard.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2006, 03:10:10 PM »

There was absolutely nothing substantive in that post...If they did, in fact, hear it, I say good for them...Give me something to sink my teeth into.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2006, 03:11:14 PM »

Yeah, could be....

All I need with him is 5 minutes, then 30-60 minutes to verify any lyrics he might be able to give me from a song we haven't heard.

how about you do that

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2006, 03:11:35 PM »

I'm with you Neemo...

At the same time, he could be telling the truth.? someone should take him up on the offer!? Smiley

I can be in NYC in 15min. I'll meet this punk and see whats legit and what isn't.

i live and work in NYC... i'll meet him with you dude.

now you know me better
JAC185
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2006, 03:11:46 PM »

Gonna rough him up a bit?
kaddisonmoore
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2006, 03:12:19 PM »

nothing to say its true or false really right now

the hardest part this troubled heart has ever yet been through now...
http://www.invisionplus.net/forums/index.php?mforum=icecream&act=idx
Greatest Fucking Forum Ever Made By Myself and a friend
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2006, 03:13:33 PM »

nothing to say its true or false really right now

...except common sen... nevermind.  Tongue

BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2006, 03:14:14 PM »

I'm with you Neemo...

At the same time, he could be telling the truth.  someone should take him up on the offer!  Smiley

i live and work in NYC... i'll meet him with you dude.

Yeah seriosuly.. if he offered to meet someone else already.. Why not meet us.. No harm unless fake.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2006, 03:14:36 PM »

That's probably it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: