Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 08:03:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  VMA Rehearsals and HOB Las Vegas 2001 - Who owns them?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VMA Rehearsals and HOB Las Vegas 2001 - Who owns them?  (Read 64003 times)
gnfnr_87
Rocker

« Reply #180 on: July 11, 2006, 10:59:07 AM »

It does exist, but the question is, is it in the hands of traders? Remember in 2001 they were going to officially release it as a DVD?

The DVD is also rumoured to have a studio version of Madagascar playing on the menu.

nothing more than a rumour by the sound of things..

@ Birmingham NEC, UK 25.07.06
@ Birmingham NEC, UK 17.10.10

www.myspace.com/gnfnr_87
www.freewebs.com/gnfnr_87

Fuck all hoarders
Mr Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #181 on: July 11, 2006, 11:18:11 AM »

I tried real hard to find the 4 hour inglewood pro but failed miserably, I will probably never find it, you know what?  I doubt it was even filmed.
All the shows were filmed on the Use Your Illusion tour. A few were stolen at the time. (Indiana 91, st louis 91, oklahoma 92, chicago 92) But they were ALL filmed, just not all stolen, which is a shame for us.
Oh and one more piece of evidence that HOB exists, in 2001/2002 it was going to be officially released as a DVD...but cancelled.
It was going to be released in Japan at the time.

The DVD is also rumoured to have a studio version of Madagascar playing on the menu.
You said it man, rumoured. And were did you get that rumour from? People on this message board. I remember the thread were people started speculating that, as if they fuckin know like!
Axl was planning on releasing CD in 2001, so there must have been some studio stuff.

It's becuase of comments like that that people think Axl is a liar. The only thing he lied about that year was at Rio when he said, 'We'll see you again next year with a whole bunch of new songs' The  came the 2002 tour with zero new songs (apart from the ones they played at Rio i mean)
who wants HOB anyway or VMA 2002..Axl's voice was garbage in those shows....I am more interested in a pro shot of that 4 hour show they did at the Forum in 91..thats what you people should be clamoring for

Too true man, i listened to the audience boot and they all sounded like copycats of the original guns if you ask me. BUT i would still want this show so i could trade it for old 'proper' Guns N' Roses shows, such as Inglewood if it's out there.

Everyone bare in mind if you're trying to find something, the video's are all out there becuase they were filmed, but how do you go about contacting the right people? i don't know.....
gnfnr_87
Rocker

« Reply #182 on: July 11, 2006, 12:11:25 PM »

So you're suggesting the japanese are the most likely people to have HOB?  And I'm very sure I heard somewhere that inglewood wasnt filmed, its a bit optimistic suggesting 'all' UYI shows were filmed aint it?  It would be nice to have pros of the other tokyo 92 shows with locomotive played on it and the tokyo 93 shows!

www.myspace.com/gnfnr_87

Fuck all hoarders
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #183 on: July 11, 2006, 01:06:01 PM »

The only shows that I think would be worth seeing from the UYI tour would be (the reasons are bolded):

01.21.92 - Target Center, Minneapolis, MN
set: Welcome To The Jungle, Mr. Brownstone, Bad Obsession, Live And Let Die, Attitude, It's So Easy, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War, Wild Horses [Intro] / Patience, You Could be Mine, Piano Solo, November Rain, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Nightrain, Don't Cry, Move To The City, Sail Away Sweet Sister / Bad Time [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Estranged, Mother [Intro] / Paradise City
notes: The first show since Axl had sliced his hand open a week earlier in Dayton (1.14). "Live and Let Die" is stopped so Axl could kick out an obnoxious fan. Slash mentions the last time they played in Minnesota was when they opened for Alice Cooper back in '87.

03.20.93 - Carver-Hawkeye Arena, Iowa City, IA
set: It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, The Garden, Live And Let Die, Nice Boys, So Fine, Attitude, Double Talkin' Jive, You Ain't The First, You're Crazy, Used To Love Her, Patience [w/ Pinball Wizard], Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Piano Solo, November Rain, Dead Horse, Drum Solo, You Could Be Mine, Guitar Solo, Since I Don't Have You [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine, Welcome To The Jungle
notes: A very rowdy crowd - before the opening act Brian May came on stage, the crowd threw all the chairs off to the side to make it general admission! This led to some huge mosh pits, especially during 'Double Talkin' Jive.' During 'So Fine,' Axl changes one of the lines to ?How could I be so high??, and then later to ?How could it be I'm so high?? 'Patience' is started after 'You're Crazy' but the bands stops it and breaks into 'Used To Love Her.' Before 'Welcome To The Jungle,' Slash plays a bit of the theme to the 'Addams Family.' The show is stopped early because Axl gets hit with something, so 'Welcome To The Jungle' is the last song.

My Dad was at both of those shows

And something that I have a small amount of interest in:

12.06.91 -- Worcester Centrum Centre, Worcester, MA (Rocket Queen from this show is on Live Era).

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Mr Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #184 on: July 11, 2006, 01:36:08 PM »

So you're suggesting the japanese are the most likely people to have HOB? And I'm very sure I heard somewhere that inglewood wasnt filmed, its a bit optimistic suggesting 'all' UYI shows were filmed aint it? It would be nice to have pros of the other tokyo 92 shows with locomotive played on it and the tokyo 93 shows!

They were ALL filmed man, trust me. Axl has said in past interviews that they filmed EVERYTHING on the UYI tour.

And yes Axlander those would be great shows but lets not turn this into a wishlist thread.
Does anyone know how to go about tracking down old bootlegs? John M or Limulus must have some advice......
gnfnr_87
Rocker

« Reply #185 on: July 11, 2006, 01:46:09 PM »

Well, even if they were all filmed I seriously doubt that all of them will leak, inglewood is probably lost somewhere where it will never be found for all we know:(

www.myspace.com/gnfnr_87

Fuck all hoarders
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #186 on: July 11, 2006, 02:33:56 PM »

Im fairly sure I read somewhere that the building that had all the UYI shows stored in was destroyed in the California wildfires in like 95/96. Im not sure if its actually true or not but I do remember reading it somewhere.
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #187 on: July 11, 2006, 03:02:27 PM »

So you're suggesting the japanese are the most likely people to have HOB?? And I'm very sure I heard somewhere that inglewood wasnt filmed, its a bit optimistic suggesting 'all' UYI shows were filmed aint it?? It would be nice to have pros of the other tokyo 92 shows with locomotive played on it and the tokyo 93 shows!

Nobody has the HOB dvd. Why doesn't John M post a screenshot of this dvd? It's because he doesn't have it, and he never did.
gnfnr_87
Rocker

« Reply #188 on: July 11, 2006, 03:41:57 PM »

For the hundreth time it does exist!

www.myspace.com/gnfnr_87

Fuck all hoarders
gnfnr_87
Rocker

« Reply #189 on: July 11, 2006, 03:43:37 PM »

Im fairly sure I read somewhere that the building that had all the UYI shows stored in was destroyed in the California wildfires in like 95/96. Im not sure if its actually true or not but I do remember reading it somewhere.
that could very well be..

www.myspace.com/gnfnr_87

Fuck all hoarders
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #190 on: July 11, 2006, 03:53:59 PM »

Well that's sad if it's true no

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #191 on: July 11, 2006, 04:00:29 PM »

that would be a logical explanation on why tokyo was released on dvd instead of a good show ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #192 on: July 11, 2006, 04:15:50 PM »

You have some proof? Just one screenshot will do.  ok
Origen
« Reply #193 on: July 11, 2006, 04:17:00 PM »

that would be a logical explanation on why tokyo was released on dvd instead of a good show ok

The Tokyo show was released in late 1992, so that's oviously why the record company re-released them on dvd and not another show.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #194 on: July 11, 2006, 04:18:49 PM »

Hahaha that's true Cheesy I have listened to almost every bootleg from '91-'93, and those Tokyo-shows are fucking terrible hihi

But wasn't that gig released also on two VHS? I mean, if the VHS-version was released like '92-'94, maybe they just wanted to do it easy and convert it to DVD. And Duff said in an interview of a Finnish rock-magazine, that they "have thousands of hours stuff from UYI-tour that fans would love to see, but the record company wanted to release Greatest Hits".. So I don't know what to believe.

EDIT. Origen, thanks for the info ok

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Origen
« Reply #195 on: July 11, 2006, 04:19:40 PM »

The reason you can be nearly guaranteed this isn't true is the LIVE ERA' Videos. If all the UYI show footage was destroyed then where did all the pacific footage of WTTJ come from? I think Axl still has them all stored somewhere, or that's what I at least like to think.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #196 on: July 11, 2006, 04:21:47 PM »

Hahaha that's true Cheesy I have listened to almost every bootleg from '91-'93, and those Tokyo-shows are fucking terrible hihi

But wasn't that gig released also on two VHS? I mean, if the VHS-version was released like '92-'94, maybe they just wanted to do it easy and convert it to DVD. And Duff said in an interview of a Finnish rock-magazine, that they "have thousands of hours stuff from UYI-tour that fans would love to see, but the record company wanted to release Greatest Hits".. So I don't know what to believe.

EDIT. Origen, thanks for the info ok

yeah    they wanted to do it easy........but it sucks anyways hihi

i don`t think the recordings of the UYI tour are destroyed by the way. does anyone know where the rumour about the fire comes from?

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
gnfnr_87
Rocker

« Reply #197 on: July 11, 2006, 04:42:14 PM »

You have some proof? Just one screenshot will do.? ok
no screenshots no, but have you seen the pictures? theres cameramen in them ok

www.myspace.com/gnfnr_87

Fuck all hoarders
gnfnr_87
Rocker

« Reply #198 on: July 11, 2006, 04:44:16 PM »

I thought that tokyo 92 was really cool actually, but when you look at shows like Chicago and argentina 92 they wipe the floor with tokyo, I guess that night they were just all stressed out from filming live for an official release. hihi

www.myspace.com/gnfnr_87

Fuck all hoarders
mikepatton
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #199 on: July 11, 2006, 04:55:53 PM »

tokyo wasnt their best but it still is pretty damn good...........91 was the best year of the UYI tour...........Indiana 91 is my fav video anyway and these are the shows people should be looking for..............I think Axl has every show stored away in his house but i wouldnt be surprised if he had a tantrum and burned it all up anyway...........
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: