Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 08:16:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Axl laughs at us all to date!,WTF?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl laughs at us all to date!,WTF?  (Read 47739 times)
unbearable
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2006, 11:37:28 PM »

im not arguing with you peeps    youll all be running as fast as you can to jump back on the bandwagon once the album is released
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2006, 12:08:08 AM »

It's the same old Situation.  S.O.S.  Some one call Vince Neil Axl's gonna whoop his ass.
eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2006, 02:07:01 AM »

If you and four people built a home... then over time four of the people who helped build the home left you alone. Wouldn't it still be the same home and wouldn't you be allowed to invite in whoever you may wish.. peace

Very good point, especially if you built most of the home

Explain how axl built the band mostly by himself.. cause he didnt!
I love Nu Gnr...

and i HATE the phrase "Nu GNR"

Nu GNR

deal with it nut hugger
eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2006, 02:09:47 AM »

Well people, you're really crazy  rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi THIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSES
VELVET REVOLVER IS more Guns thing than axl's band, 3>1, It's logic, Axl is the best but he's been disappeared all these years due to this, this is his mainly personal problem, he really thinks he's guns n' roses but knows the truth

IMO, GNR does not exist without Axl Rose.
Does The Doors exist without Jim Morisson?

No but Van Halen existed with out Lee Roth
Black Sabbath existed without Ozzy
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2006, 03:10:05 AM »

Well people, you're really crazy  rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi THIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSES
VELVET REVOLVER IS more Guns thing than axl's band, 3>1, It's logic, Axl is the best but he's been disappeared all these years due to this, this is his mainly personal problem, he really thinks he's guns n' roses but knows the truth

Well, If VR's frontman was somebody as major as Dio, I would gladly dub them GNR - but he's a joke.  Tongue
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 03:14:47 AM by Lara » Logged
eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2006, 04:02:40 AM »

Well, If VR's frontman was somebody as major as Dio, I would gladly dub them GNR - but he's a joke.  Tongue

That's your opinion, which you are entitled to, however it doesnt necessarily make it a fact. Is he as good a frontman as Axl, no, but he's a damn good one in his own right in my opinion & many other ppls opinions.

I'm sure if he didnt say those bad things about Axl & that he wasnt paired with the "evil" former band members (coz they're such bad ppl  Roll Eyes ) then u wouldnt be saying this. Your just riding an Axl band wagon against his suposed advisorys (he probably has way less hate towards VR than any of you axl nut huggers on here & mygnr). Its kinda like how 2Pac fans hate Biggie just coz 2pac hated Biggie (at least in songs it wasnt as big a deal in real life as ppl make out to be)

Regardless of that, its not the quality of the singer, its the principle that there more main core of Gunners (Duff & Slash, hell even Matt) than there is in the nu GNR (yes deal with the name) (Axl & even dizzy since i coundted Matt) so yeh.

My personal opinion is none of the them should be using Guns N Roses. Guns N Roses was Axl Izzy Slash & Duff without 2 or 3 of those components that made them successful neither should get to use the name but Axl made Slash sign over the name before a concert one nite yonks ago so he still gets to use it.

As i said he can control that legally, but what he cant control is our opinions & what we (the public that isnt blinded by a bias unlike half the ppl here & even some of the VR fans) can hear & see. & what im hearing & seeing from either band isnt Guns N Roses from 1985-1994 there both unique & have there own sound & band & they're seperate entitys in MOST peoples eyes & in the end thats whats gonna count. u cant sell records with the ppl in the public buying them can u
eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2006, 04:07:59 AM »

im not arguing with you peeps    youll all be running as fast as you can to jump back on the bandwagon once the album is released

Thats what u guys dont seem to get. MOST PEOPLE ARENT HATING on the NEW GNR, as far as MUSIC & SOUND, but as the name seems to imply its the same band as the one from 1986-1994 when it isnt its a different sound different musicians all but 1 is new
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2006, 04:27:21 AM »

eNgIeS, I can see here you're coming from.  But I ensure you I haven't liked Scott since day 1. I think he's insufficient. Slash has always been underestimating himself and he would work with anyone just for the money - you can't argue on that.

I happen to be a big Axl fan and I can think of his band as GNR because I can do without Slash and Duff.
I think Axl has been the 65% of the talent in the original GNR (the rest 35% i beleive it was Izzy).
He is totally capable of finding a bunch of talented guys and form a band - which he did.
I don't care what they're called, they are still better than Slash&Co.

Slash's talent is playing the guitar.  Do you really think his riffs made GNR huge?
Most of the GNR fans can't tell if what they hear is a Slash or a Richie Sambora riff.

I understand Axl+Slash+Izzy+Duff(+Steven)=GNR, but if only one of them has to own the GNR name, it's is Axl.
He's the voice, the face, the soul and most of the talent of GNR.
Of course, this is just my opinion.
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2006, 12:13:19 PM »

Well people, you're really crazy? rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi THIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSES

it's time to admit it guys, the new band ISN'T GNR anymore, they r just Axl's musicians!, without ex gnr members axl would NOT be our HERO THESE DAYS, i'm wrong?  Cheesy so we gotta open our eyes to understand that ex gnr members have done their best to show they can make greatest hits again without sayin' "WE'RE still GNR just to sell out our new stuff THESE DAYS" but is axl doin' the same RIGHT NOW?  AXL JUST USES THE NAME TO SELL OUT HIS NEW SONGS N' SHOWS TO DATE, Axl'll be always on my mind like the best rock star ever but i can't be a liar n' shut up the shocking truth!  peace
Jonathan
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2006, 12:19:41 PM »

Not again....... Undecided
girlincarwithgnr
Headliner

genius loci, ingenius=Axl fuckin Rose!

« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2006, 03:28:32 PM »

Oh God...he's back... confused

rofl rofl

At least CD.com isnt the only gnr site getting torchered!

Sometimes I wanna kill
Sometimes I wanna die
Sometimes I wanna destroy
Sometimes I wanna cry
Sometimes I culd get even
Sometimes I culd give up
Sometimes I culd give
Sometimes I nevr give a fuck
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2006, 06:20:41 PM »

If you and four people built a home... then over time four of the people who helped build the home left you alone. Wouldn't it still be the same home and wouldn't you be allowed to invite in whoever you may wish.. peace

Especially if the home is in your name...

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2006, 06:38:13 PM »

it's time to admit it guys, the new band ISN'T GNR anymore, they r just Axl's musicians!, without ex gnr members axl would NOT be our HERO THESE DAYS, i'm wrong?  Cheesy so we gotta open our eyes to understand that ex gnr members have done their best to show they can make greatest hits again without sayin' "WE'RE still GNR just to sell out our new stuff THESE DAYS" but is axl doin' the same RIGHT NOW?  AXL JUST USES THE NAME TO SELL OUT HIS NEW SONGS N' SHOWS TO DATE, Axl'll be always on my mind like the best rock star ever but i can't be a liar n' shut up the shocking truth!  peace

I can only assume by this post that you were not at any of the Hammerstein gigs last week.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2006, 10:49:11 PM »

eNgIeS, I can see here you're coming from.  But I ensure you I haven't liked Scott since day 1. I think he's insufficient. Slash has always been underestimating himself and he would work with anyone just for the money - you can't argue on that.

I happen to be a big Axl fan and I can think of his band as GNR because I can do without Slash and Duff.
I think Axl has been the 65% of the talent in the original GNR (the rest 35% i beleive it was Izzy).
He is totally capable of finding a bunch of talented guys and form a band - which he did.
I don't care what they're called, they are still better than Slash&Co.

Slash's talent is playing the guitar.  Do you really think his riffs made GNR huge?
Most of the GNR fans can't tell if what they hear is a Slash or a Richie Sambora riff.

I understand Axl+Slash+Izzy+Duff(+Steven)=GNR, but if only one of them has to own the GNR name, it's is Axl.
He's the voice, the face, the soul and most of the talent of GNR.
Of course, this is just my opinion.

Well you havent liked Scott since day 1, thats your opinion, theres plenty who will agree & disagree with you. I like Scott loved STP his a different kind of frontman than Axl is. Axl is better no doubt but Scotts good in his own right & am pleased that if Axl cant get along with Duff & Slash, that Scotts the man to fill in or join them. Theres not many other good frontmen out there these days Scotts the last of a dying breed IMO.

I dont think its necessarily for money. Its a shame that people think that Slash may not actually like what he plays on & he has played on good things like with Michael Jackson. He just likes playing guitar & if his playing can be added to a song im sure he likes doin it & the moneys a bonus

Umm yes  his riffs coupled with axls voice made Guns. He was the 2nd or even tied for most known GNR member. Paul & John, Mick & Keith, Steven & Joe all were there most known in there respective bands. To me Axl Slash Izzy & Duff have a 25% share in GNR's success each for sound & song writing. If u dont have good solos & riffs it can ruin what could be a good song (such as the solo in Rhiad, that songs promising until u hear the crap solo). Slash makes his guitar sing listen to Fall To Pieces thats guitar playing not whatever crappy eratic all over the place solo like the one in Rhiad (again not sure if thats Bucket or what but whoever did it did a horrible job)

The bottom line is theres only 1 component of the real guns n roses where as there was 4 ppl b4 who were contributing i just dont get why it canmt be just "Axl Rose" hell even "Axl" thats a good band name & could work like Ozzy Osbourne. Ozzy couldnt legally use Black Sabbath but even if he could i doubt he wouldve
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2006, 06:10:55 AM »

wow! Vens back - good to see !  beer

I think I hear what youre saying Ven, and the majority of people outside of these forums agree as well

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2006, 10:00:39 AM »

you people make me sick

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2006, 10:08:34 AM »

Yes actually. They released two albums as a trio where Robbie Kreiger took over vocals.

Not their most popular but those two albums do have a growing cult following.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2006, 11:13:08 AM »

I do hate that sentence too yes

Besides, for the person who opened this useless topic (like it has never been discussed before confused), you don't think this line-up is GN'R, but the original line-up only recorded two albums together (AFD & Lies) The line-up who recorded the UYI was allready different (no Steven), and the line-up that went on tour tu support the UYI albums was again different (no Izzy).

So ... Live and let die Grin

This to me is more GN'R than anything else. And much much much more than VR.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2006, 11:16:47 AM »

it's not guns n roses, really good band but the old band accomplished to much in the world of rock to just be replaced by anyone axl feels fit... Same shit with teh doors or queen it's not them without freddy or jim.. Any top bands of all time that put gnr in there always talk in the past tense as in broke up... Gnr is pop culture now, they could achieve success with anyone in the band, anyone would go to shows regardles of who was in it.. A band is much more then a name, I could buy the name from axl would you all call it guns n roses still?

Proof is when izzy hit the stage he got the loudest cheers and chants after the song was over.... ?Half the people had no clue who was there onstage...

Those shows were great but not as special watching them playing all/mostly old tunes with people that had zero to do with everything on the instruments... wttj ,.scom, nr, pc, all great slash playing, it's just not the same without the people who are worldy famous for gnr..
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2006, 11:22:25 AM »

Proof is when izzy hit the stage he got the loudest cheers and chants after the song was over.... ?Half the people had no clue who was there onstage...

Doesn't prove anything. He got the same cheers when he joined VR onstage.

People where just happy to see him onstage with Axl, it doesn't mean they hate the other guys.

Man, the four shows were sold-out ! And believe me, not for Izzy.

As for musical acomplishment, yes the old line-up made some good things, but I honestly think that the best is yet to come.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: