Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 08:52:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Axl laughs at us all to date!,WTF?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl laughs at us all to date!,WTF?  (Read 47745 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2006, 11:28:25 AM »

well of course he did at vr concerts because they are mostly gnr fans... if it was a bunch of people who had no clue who izzy was who would be cheering? Even once the song was over they were still chanting for him, ask most people there and they'd take him back in a second... Forum fans are such a small vision of what is reality..

The old band made some good things hihi that's an understatement if I ever heard one.. rofl
four shows were sold out and not even half the people knew who was in the band.. GNR does a show people buy it doesn't matter who's in or out at this point, the name is bigger then any member there today.. You had all those celebrities like lindsey lohan going, it's pop culture, seeing gnr today is trendy...

In all time rock they always measure up roughly top ten, this is why they sell, the old band made them ,this is just the past helping the new..
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2006, 12:14:07 PM »

Axl owns the name.
He could put SpongeBob SquarePants
Into lead guitar

And it would be Guns.
True, you don't have to like it,
But HE owns the name.

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2006, 01:03:52 PM »

well of course he did at vr concerts because they are mostly gnr fans... if it was a bunch of people who had no clue who izzy was who would be cheering? Even once the song was over they were still chanting for him, ask most people there and they'd take him back in a second... Forum fans are such a small vision of what is reality..

The old band made some good things hihi that's an understatement if I ever heard one.. rofl
four shows were sold out and not even half the people knew who was in the band.. GNR does a show people buy it doesn't matter who's in or out at this point, the name is bigger then any member there today.. You had all those celebrities like lindsey lohan going, it's pop culture, seeing gnr today is trendy...

In all time rock they always measure up roughly top ten, this is why they sell, the old band made them ,this is just the past helping the new..

you could be right but please remember that Axl just uses the NAME to promote his new album, this way the guy keeps his fame alive while people think he's the same rock star that the planet knew before but should EX-GNR members do the same after bein' humiliated by AXL this way ?
-hell yeah, they should go out n' say to Axl:? "HEY AXL, WE ARE GNR TOO, WITHOUT US YOU WOULD NOT BE HERE TODAY,GOT IT?!!!!? ?rant "

...but they're ALL so fucking jerks to say it on some tv show!, i'm wrong?? Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 01:06:54 PM by AxlRoseVen » Logged
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2006, 01:33:09 PM »

Well people, you're really crazy  rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi THIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSES
VELVET REVOLVER IS more Guns thing than axl's band, 3>1, It's logic, Axl is the best but he's been disappeared all these years due to this, this is his mainly personal problem, he really thinks he's guns n' roses but knows the truth

IMO, GNR does not exist without Axl Rose.
Does The Doors exist without Jim Morisson?

Yes actually. They released two albums as a trio where Robbie Kreiger took over vocals.

Not their most popular but those two albums do have a growing cult following.

I'm sorry... The correct answer was "no".  Roll Eyes
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2006, 01:45:09 PM »

you could be right but please remember that Axl just uses the NAME to promote his new album, this way the guy keeps his fame alive while people think he's the same rock star that the planet knew before but should EX-GNR members do the same after bein' humiliated by AXL this way ?
-hell yeah, they should go out n' say to Axl:? "HEY AXL, WE ARE GNR TOO, WITHOUT US YOU WOULD NOT BE HERE TODAY,GOT IT?!!!!? ?rant "

...but they're ALL so fucking jerks to say it on some tv show!, i'm wrong?? Roll Eyes

hey Lara. u r not takin' this so far?  Undecided  hihi
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2006, 03:27:09 PM »

so maybe we'll have two great records(CD and Libertad) and two great tours(GnR and VR) to see this year instead of just one or the other

5/17 at the Hammerstein sold me to the new band
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2006, 03:28:21 PM »

so maybe we'll have two great records(CD and Libertad) and two great tours(GnR and VR) to see this year instead of just one or the other

I hope so, I love the new band, I just don't think of it as gnr is all..
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2006, 03:44:00 PM »

there not the original line-up but now we have two great bands to see live Grin
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2006, 04:08:18 PM »

we know how you feel, do you have to say it in every single thread? Seriously dude your like a broken record, "its not gnr, its not gnr, its not gnr". Over and over again. Its about time you got over it.
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2006, 05:44:32 PM »

-hell yeah, they should go out n' say to Axl:  "HEY AXL, WE ARE GNR TOO, WITHOUT US YOU WOULD NOT BE HERE TODAY,GOT IT?!!!!   rant "

...but they're ALL so fucking jerks to say it on some tv show!, i'm wrong?  Roll Eyes

hey Lara. u r not takin' this so far?  Undecided  hihi

Huh  Huh

(what do the quotes above have to do with what i'm saying...?)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2006, 05:47:38 PM »

we know how you feel, do you have to say it in every single thread? Seriously dude your like a broken record, "its not gnr, its not gnr, its not gnr". Over and over again. Its about time you got over it.

At least for the people that have read here for years it seems pretty obvious. You would think they could stop repeating it.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2006, 07:40:57 PM »

If you and four people built a home... then over time four of the people who helped build the home left you alone. Wouldn't it still be the same home and wouldn't you be allowed to invite in whoever you may wish.. peace

You have to be kidding me!! comparing a band to a home is retarded and no they are not the same band.. be real..

The comparison fits perfectly, the original members built the name/legacy/home what was called Guns N Roses... most the original members left the legacy/name/home... Axl stayed, its his house to invite people into....

I am not a "this is not the real GNR" guy, but your analogy does not work.? What if all 5 original builders left and sold the home/legacy/GNR name to 5 other guys?? Is it still GNR?? Based on your logic, it still would be.

What if only Adler stayed in the house? hihi? ? Basically, what you're saying is that Axl=GNR from day one.

.that's right!, Adler can say he's GNR as well, so if axl can tell it then why ex GNR members can't?  rant rant rant
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2006, 04:24:38 AM »

Basically, because he's got the legal rights.  Undecided
eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2006, 04:51:51 AM »

Axl owns the name.
He could put SpongeBob SquarePants
Into lead guitar

And it would be Guns.
True, you don't have to like it,
But HE owns the name.

Splash

/Mike

But he cant own our opinion & view of reality
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2006, 05:24:14 AM »

If you and four people built a home... then over time four of the people who helped build the home left you alone. Wouldn't it still be the same home and wouldn't you be allowed to invite in whoever you may wish.. peace

Yeah, but this is one of the world's greatest rock bands, not a home. ok

McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2006, 08:43:06 AM »

But he cant own our opinion & view of reality

If you want to think
That two plus two equals five,
You may.  But it's false.

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2006, 09:00:09 AM »

the magic of gnr back in the day was the world fell in love with them.. Nobodies that became global sucesses, household names, so many millions of albums sold... That's something you can't just recreate.. The gnr name has a massive following, they were one of the biggeest rock bands in history.. People loved them for that what you see is what you get raw feel... Their attitudes, their swagger, their don't care attitudes...

You just can't recreate these things, many old bands that were huge make changes but they still have success simply because they have die hard fans that follow the name..

I'll even use vr as an example, it wasn't some special magic, it was just scott slash duff fans following one of their projects..

people follow axl and gnr because those two things are special to them, but the magic of what made gnr great is no longer there regardles of how talented the players are....

it's like loving a team 69 or 86 mets, sure there are better teams but that was just magical though... Anyione can start an all star team, but you'll still love the teams you have been following,,.,

When it comes to loving a music group it has to be a natural thing ,somethign you just love, something that wasn't already huge using it's past success to regain glory..

It's like KISS could start again and throw on makeup and do one of their fairwell tours and they would do great regardless of who was in the band, it's all due to past success....
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2006, 02:33:01 PM »

the magic of gnr back in the day was the world fell in love with them.. Nobodies that became global sucesses, household names, so many millions of albums sold... That's something you can't just recreate.. The gnr name has a massive following, they were one of the biggeest rock bands in history.. People loved them for that what you see is what you get raw feel... Their attitudes, their swagger, their don't care attitudes...

You just can't recreate these things, many old bands that were huge make changes but they still have success simply because they have die hard fans that follow the name..

I'll even use vr as an example, it wasn't some special magic, it was just scott slash duff fans following one of their projects..

people follow axl and gnr because those two things are special to them, but the magic of what made gnr great is no longer there regardles of how talented the players are....

it's like loving a team 69 or 86 mets, sure there are better teams but that was just magical though... Anyione can start an all star team, but you'll still love the teams you have been following,,.,

When it comes to loving a music group it has to be a natural thing ,somethign you just love, something that wasn't already huge using it's past success to regain glory..

It's like KISS could start again and throw on makeup and do one of their fairwell tours and they would do great regardless of who was in the band, it's all due to past success....

-EX GNR members used to share their drugs with axl
-they used to share their food with him when they weren't rich n' famous
-they used to roam around L.A city just to find a place to get through the night
-so why Axl gotta destroy'em this way to date? ...guess the guy isn't a good human being really!  no Cry

nervous
Mr.Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2006, 03:57:47 PM »

Everything from these 'new guns' isn't going under Guns N' Roses on my ipod anyway. All this new leaks n live stuff is going under  'Axl Rose and friends...' Because lets face thats what it is. Nice to see some people are realists here to and actually would agree with me on that. If you think Chinese Democracy is gonna be better than Appetite, you are a disgrace.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2006, 04:18:05 PM »

Everything from these 'new guns' isn't going under Guns N' Roses on my ipod anyway. All this new leaks n live stuff is going under  'Axl Rose and friends...' Because lets face thats what it is. Nice to see some people are realists here to and actually would agree with me on that. If you think Chinese Democracy is gonna be better than Appetite, you are a disgrace.

How you personally classify the new songs on your iPod means nothing whatsoever. And for the record, people having their own opinion or outlook on a project doesn't make them a disgrace.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: