Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:16:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  Europe 2006 (Moderators: Kiki, Sukie, Pandora)
| | | |-+  London, UK Hammersmith Apollo - June 7, 2006
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: London, UK Hammersmith Apollo - June 7, 2006  (Read 174786 times)
anythinggoes
« Reply #440 on: June 07, 2006, 09:19:45 AM »

You hardcore mofo!

If I didn't have to work, I'd be doing the same.

mediumcore mofo there are people who will spend shit loads more than me
sweetwater
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #441 on: June 07, 2006, 10:57:09 AM »

Leaving work now. Is everyone as excited as me about this gig?! Can't wait! Smiley

08/10/87 Hammersmith Odeon
31/08/91 Wembley Stadium
13/06/92 Wembley Stadium
02/09/04 Hammersmith Apollo (VR)
23/01/05 Hammersmith Apollo (VR)
07/06/05 Hammermsith Apollo
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #442 on: June 07, 2006, 11:55:21 AM »

leaving work in half an hour.

i feel SO fkn nervous/excited/overwhelmed/happy/crazy/manic!  fkn hell!  YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!

hihi
unoturbo
The Little engineer that could
VIP

With 5 million I could do what You spend 50mil on

« Reply #443 on: June 07, 2006, 12:15:08 PM »

Aghhhhhhhh, just finished work, going to miss any meet up and  probably most of Avenged Sevenfold, which may not be a bad thing actually. Woooooooooooooooooo, can't wait.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people
who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
unoturbo
The Little engineer that could
VIP

With 5 million I could do what You spend 50mil on

« Reply #444 on: June 07, 2006, 09:04:54 PM »

It was fuicking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got to get up for work tomorrow so I'm keeping this brief.

I got there at around 8:30 to be met with a huge fucking queue so went to the pub but no-one was around. Bumblefoot and Robin had really great moments but both managed to produce the worst solo's I've heard at pretty much any concert, and the bee-foot guitar thing has moving wings!. Bumblefoot did a great Don't Cry solo guitar though but he should stay away from the Buckethead-type random noise shredding. Richard was by far the better guitarist, his solo's rocked and I was surprised by how good he was. Axl was on top form, perfect voice for most parts and Sabastian came on for My Michelle. Dizzy did a fucking cool piano solo too before leading into The Blues. They hit the stage at around 10:30 probably later which was pretty fucking annoying and the croud were pretty pissed off.

Set list I remember was (in no particular order):

Better (after he played this he said "That was off our last album!)
Patience
Sweet Child of Mine
Welcome to the Jungle
IRS
November Rain
Madagascar
Out to Get Me
My Michelle
The Blues
YCBM
Live and Let Die
Paradise City

I'm sure I've forgot half of the songs. No real rants too and the band came back on stage at the end as I was walking out to give a bow. Cool show, bedtime now.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people
who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
BA
Linkin Park's worst nightmare
VIP

g,n,f'n,r's!!**

« Reply #445 on: June 07, 2006, 09:11:42 PM »

great show.i had to miss a couple of songs though to get home which sucks.london fuckin transport for you but nevermind.
wonderful gig,axl sounded ace!

not sure about that bee guitar thing though.

i want to show you something,like joy inside my heart.seems i been living in the temple of the dog.where would i live if i were a man of goldenwords or would i live at all
word and music-my only tool
Brundle25
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #446 on: June 07, 2006, 10:12:42 PM »

Superb show. Saw the bassist from Guns 2 roses there too! he apreciated my Adlers Appetite T Shirt!.
After the gig we waited around and we had a long conversation with Ron Thai. He was cool! he had a Curry he was eating and sharing it around, i got a couple of photos. I asked him 'Will you ever do Doubletalking Jive'? He said 'Is that a GNR song?' ' I just play what they tell me to do'. Cool. I told him he kicks Bucketheads ass but all he said was ' he's my friend man'.
Also grabbed a word with Chris Pitman. As he went to his trailer i said " i love silkworms man!" (all i could think of saying) he said "wait for the studio record!" I asked him if it was on the new album and he walked to his car.
Saw Dizzy reed also, he was super spaced out. His eyes were bulging!
We waited for Tommy to come out and he went straight for his car, no nothing!.
Oh, I asked Ron If Brian May had practiced Catcher In the Rye with them, unfortunatly Ron had no info on that. He didnt know much really!. He had a bloody hot Curry tho. Ill post a pic later.
Last thing to say tho. As i left i said "who's on the HTGTH message board and not one remaining soul was! where were you guys?HuhHuhHuh
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #447 on: June 07, 2006, 10:47:07 PM »

channel 4 teletext have a review up incase you miss the post in the main forum:

Theyre two hours late. Axl rose (dressed in a nasty brown carcoat, ginger cornrows in a ponytail) dances like a dad and looks like a football manager from 1975.
During the next 2 and a half hours, the three guitarists will trade solos that go on for weeks. Wars are started and end during axls introducing the band slot.
By god, gnr are magnificent. This wont be remembered for missed trains, but for axl beaming back to earth
The last, faux-industrial, gnr line-up in 2002 was horribly contrived, axl rose an often pitiable figure.
Tonight, he?s happy, constantly joking with the crowd and looking like a man about to have the last laugh on the whole world who?d wrote him off.
He doesn?t merely sing the old hits properly, he renews them, that squawk as simultaneously deafening and controlled as it ever was. If it wasn?t for that hair, he?d be perfect.
Whether or not its gnr or a glorified solo project, the musicians behind axl rose are excellent.
Only youngest guitarist bumblefoot, too twiddly here, is unimpressive and even he shows an enthusiastic potential.
Granted, lulls occur during individual solos, as if axl rose is too forcibly making a point at slash: ?see how they can do the fiddly stuff! Ha!? but robin finck ? ?the ribbed condom of guitar?, says axl ? is endlessly watchable.
They start with a spot on welcome to the jungle, end on a thrilling paradise city and confetti explosion, have mini-flames erupting from the stage and do a ridiculously good you could be mine.
But it?s the new songs that fascinate. Madagascar and IRS are big November rain moments, President stadium-ready? and Better is stunning ? a funk/rawk monster to rival sweet child.
A happy, healthy axl would?ve suffice. Now, hes hungry again. Fantastic.

8/10
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #448 on: June 08, 2006, 01:30:58 AM »

cool review! i like it!  Grin

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
anythinggoes
« Reply #449 on: June 08, 2006, 03:52:37 AM »

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W5XRI64C

my photos some blurred few good
Shirell
« Reply #450 on: June 08, 2006, 05:03:44 AM »

Got home at 3.30 this morning.  Got 3 hours sleep, phoned in sick writing this then going back to bed. 
Last night was a majorly awesome show.  The late start was a bastard tho, my mate (who had to be up to get a 6.30am flight this am) had to get the last train back to her place, last train 11.35 so she had to leave the gig before it had even began!  She is not a happy girl.  Anyway, Loved, Loved LOVED the show.  Axl was fantastic.  He actually started smiling during KOHD.  From then all on stage seemed to really enjoy themselves.  Axl hardly left the stage.  Although all the old songs were fantastic, I think my fav for the night was 'Better'.  God I love that song.  Thought Richard (by miles) did the best solo.  The crowd were fantastic (once the show started, very loud booing before they finally came on the stage).  I have a very sore throat today from all the singing and shouting.  Anyway going to get some kip now.  See everyone at Donington.
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #451 on: June 08, 2006, 06:29:28 AM »

The band were MAGNIFICENT.

But coming on at 10.40pm, and finishing at 1.01am is not. Axl should have said at the end "GOOD. FUCKING. MORNING!"

I've never heard boos and jeers like it. The crowd had noticably thinned by the time they came on stage two hours late.  The bar was decanting all drinks out of bottles to prevent people throwing bottles of piss at the band. And believe me, there were many people who would've done so if they had the chance. No matter how good they were, I'm NOT going to see them again : I have a wife, a child, a job, and waiting for Axl to pull his head out of 'Axltime' to the real world causes frictions and costs money when it finishes that late.

Axl may have 'Fuck You Money', but someone needs to pull Axl to one side and tell him how seriously he's fucking off the fans.

Set :
Welcome To The Jungle
Its So Easy
Mr Brownstone
Live And Let Die
Robin Solo
SCOM
Knockin On Heavens Door
Madagascar
Better
You Could Be Mine
Dizzy Solo
The Blues
Bumblefoot Solo / Don't Cry
Out Ta Get Me
IRS
November Rain
My Michelle
Fortus/Finck Duel
Patience
Nighttrain
Finck Solo 2
Paradise City

(approx set list, got a bit hazy after midnight).

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
anythinggoes
« Reply #452 on: June 08, 2006, 06:40:20 AM »

The band were MAGNIFICENT.

But coming on at 10.40pm, and finishing at 1.01am is not. Axl should have said at the end "GOOD. FUCKING. MORNING!"

I've never heard boos and jeers like it. The crowd had noticably thinned by the time they came on stage two hours late.? The bar was decanting all drinks out of bottles to prevent people throwing bottles of piss at the band. And believe me, there were many people who would've done so if they had the chance. No matter how good they were, I'm NOT going to see them again : I have a wife, a child, a job, and waiting for Axl to pull his head out of 'Axltime' to the real world causes frictions and costs money when it finishes that late.

Axl may have 'Fuck You Money', but someone needs to pull Axl to one side and tell him how seriously he's fucking off the fans.

Set :
Welcome To The Jungle
Its So Easy
Mr Brownstone
Live And Let Die
Robin Solo
SCOM
Knockin On Heavens Door
Madagascar
Better
You Could Be Mine
Dizzy Solo
The Blues
Bumblefoot Solo / Don't Cry
Out Ta Get Me
IRS
November Rain
My Michelle
Fortus/Finck Duel
Patience
Nighttrain
Finck Solo 2
Paradise City

(approx set list, got a bit hazy after midnight).

sorry but if you dont like it dont go i went knowing they would not get on stage till 11ish i had a 2 hour drive home and im doing it again friday and sunday and wouldnt have it any different
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #453 on: June 08, 2006, 06:46:55 AM »

sorry but if you dont like it dont go i went knowing they would not get on stage till 11ish i had a 2 hour drive home and im doing it again friday and sunday and wouldnt have it any different

You're so undemanding. This is the thing i have NEVER got with GNR fans. You'll put up with anything just because it's GNR.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
anythinggoes
« Reply #454 on: June 08, 2006, 06:51:08 AM »

You're so undemanding. This is the thing i have NEVER got with GNR fans. You'll put up with anything just because it's GNR.

hardcore mofo thats all  beer
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #455 on: June 08, 2006, 07:20:24 AM »

[
well - considering they have played a grand total of 3 UK gigs to date in the last hmmmm 13 years (correct me if I'm wrong) - I'd say most fans are just bloody glad to have the chance to se them at all!! beer
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #456 on: June 08, 2006, 07:35:19 AM »

Great idea  Cheesy
I'll zip mine too.  ok
PatrickS77
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #457 on: June 08, 2006, 07:41:49 AM »

No matter how good they were, I'm NOT going to see them again : I have a wife, a child, a job, and waiting for Axl to pull his head out of 'Axltime' to the real world causes frictions and costs money when it finishes that late.

Agreed, those were exactly my thoughts as I was struggling to get a nightbus back to my hostel! As I had to leave at 4:15 to catch my plane I had 1 hour sleep! The fucker has no idea what people go through to see his chauffeur-driven ass! But I will see them once more again (but then I will have my car)!

Oh, and the show was cool!

GNR Live:
1992-06-21 Basel
1993-06-26 Munich
Fake GNR 7x
Reunion GNR 23x
anythinggoes
« Reply #458 on: June 08, 2006, 07:52:41 AM »

Great idea? Cheesy
I'll zip mine too.? ok

good girl get them posted the more the better
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #459 on: June 08, 2006, 08:58:34 AM »

No matter how good they were, I'm NOT going to see them again : I have a wife, a child, a job, and waiting for Axl to pull his head out of 'Axltime' to the real world causes frictions and costs money when it finishes that late.

Agreed, those were exactly my thoughts as I was struggling to get a nightbus back to my hostel! As I had to leave at 4:15 to catch my plane I had 1 hour sleep! The fucker has no idea what people go through to see his chauffeur-driven ass! But I will see them once more again (but then I will have my car)!

Oh, and the show was cool!

soz I am a bit  Huh  lol... were they late again?? how long? Cos this is really annoying... no btw, any reviews? The show was great as always right?

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: