Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 08:31:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227983 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Question for Nu Guns Noobies
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question for Nu Guns Noobies  (Read 17703 times)
bumblerocks
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2006, 05:21:27 PM »

You are just wrong.? These guys can't hold the old guy's jocks IMO.

I have about 50 or so bootlegs from the old days, and LOTS and LOTS of those bootlegs doesnt come anywhere near yesterdays performance. IMO.

agreed. as much as it hurts the mullet fans to see, this new band plays the socks off the old one. smoking
Death Cube K
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2006, 05:24:31 PM »

agreed. as much as it hurts the mullet fans to see, this new band plays the socks off the old one.

Ive mentioned it earlier btw, but the Isreal boot I got plain sucks..its close to embarressing..and the good ole Japan 92 video isnt really that much fun either. Sorry.

It's okay to glorify the past but theres a limit to everything.
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2006, 05:33:35 PM »

There were more than a handful of bad gigs by the old band, that's for sure.  Hell they were wasted and living the rock and rool lifestyle of the late 1980s.  I don't think anyone is gonna argue with you there.  But.....there were nights of just magic by that band that we haven't seen yet from this edition.    And more importantly, we have 4 albums of awesome original material to listen to over and over again.  That's not to say it can't happen or won't happen for nuGNR.  But last night is not gonna be one of those "greatest ever" gigs that people talk about for a long time.

Frozen, if you got into GNR because of the 2002 VMAs performance, then there is no wonder that you liked the show last night.  Axl was horrible during the VMAs.  He was so out of breathe and it goes down as one of his worst performances ever, albeit one of the most exciting given its surprise out of no where element.  Even the nut huggers here agree on that one.   Wink
Death Cube K
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2006, 05:40:09 PM »

And more importantly, we have 4 albums of awesome original material to listen to over and over again.

Thats right..over and over and over and over. That's no fun. Maybe it's fun to you, I dont know.

The whole magic thing..yes..they had some great shows, but it also has to do with time. A legendary show doesnt really become "magic" after a certain time period has passed. Sort of like with MSG 2002..it was a great show and we all knew it, but the myth and magic of it all have to grow over time.

Sort of like when Led Zepp played Stairway to heaven the first time...people were screaming for the older songs..
SLCPUNK
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2006, 05:54:22 PM »

Ok, so i'm curious. Having read alot of threads here it occurs to me that most here are too young to have experienced Guns'n' Roses in their prime. So, what is it about Nu Guns that you find so appealing? I mean lets face it - this is now a 44 year old man (Axl) and a bunch of hired hands playing the majority of songs made famous by its legendary original members some 20 years ago. The best my friends (judging from the latest live reviews) appears to be long gone, so WHY do you younger fans in particular latch on to Guns n Roses now? Is there nothing else fresher or more 'dangerous', 'exciting' or totally 'rad' to be passionate about...

DISCUSS..........  ok

I've been around since day one.

I loved the band back then.

Love the band now.

It is only stupid to compare the two I think. It is a waste of time and produces nothing.

The more I come here the more it seems like a Star Trek convention lately.......how long can you argue about something that is completely relative?
Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2006, 05:57:06 PM »

Ok, so i'm curious. Having read alot of threads here it occurs to me that most here are too young to have experienced Guns'n' Roses in their prime. So, what is it about Nu Guns that you find so appealing? I mean lets face it - this is now a 44 year old man (Axl) and a bunch of hired hands playing the majority of songs made famous by its legendary original members some 20 years ago. The best my friends (judging from the latest live reviews) appears to be long gone, so WHY do you younger fans in particular latch on to Guns n Roses now? Is there nothing else fresher or more 'dangerous', 'exciting' or totally 'rad' to be passionate about...

DISCUSS..........? ok

Judging from the recent live reviews??? ?Madrid got bad reviews because people were pissed about Axl being late for 2 hours.? The 4 shows in NYC got very good reviews? and? ?last night's show has also gotten good reviews.? ? The mix was atrocious because of what happened ( merk explained).? ?I want you to find me a review written by the media? that says last night's show was terrible .? And it has to be by someone in the press that actually attended the show .? ? I'll be waiting.

I don't take notice of the press, they are irrelavant - it's the paying public that call the shots and this is a quote from a fan of the band who was at the RIR show...

"The thing is they are not Guns N Roses. You can't compare. I went there to see Axl and listen him singing GNR's songs, and he is 44, not 25 so the energy is not the same."

That says alot doesn't it...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2006, 05:57:47 PM »

That says alot doesn't it...

Not really.
Death Cube K
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2006, 05:57:59 PM »

he is 44, not 25 so the energy is not the same."

Now there's a mind blowing shocker....
Steel_Angel
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2006, 05:59:23 PM »

i think thats what happens when you get old...
Death Cube K
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2006, 06:05:11 PM »

My advice would be to create a time machine and go back to 1989 and re-live it over and over.
Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2006, 06:12:31 PM »

My advice would be to create a time machine and go back to 1989 and re-live it over and over.

Dude that's what you don't get - we don't need to re-live it because we were THERE first time around. We grew up with the band and when they changed the world we were a part of it -  it's a beutiful thing. Where's your generation's G'n'R? where are they man... tell us?? The band you are into masquerading as G'n'R is a skoda. The one we had was a ferrari - there really is no comparison!  ok

Death Cube K
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2006, 06:14:58 PM »

Dude that's what you don't get - we don't need to re-live it because we were THERE first time around. We grew up with the band and when they changed the world we were a part of it -  it's a beutiful thing. Where's your generation's G'n'R? where are they man... tell us?? The band you are into masquerading as G'n'R is a skoda. The one we had was a ferrari - there really is no comparison!

I grew up with the same fucking band as you did man, so don't even go there...infact, I won't even bother replying to this post because of the share stupidity in it.

People like you are the exact reason why I stopped posting on GNR forums a few years ago.

And fuck Ferrari and Micheal Schumacher, the little cheating fuck he is.  hihi
bumblerocks
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2006, 06:15:09 PM »

Dude that's what you don't get - we don't need to re-live it because we were THERE first time around. We grew up with the band and when they changed the world we were a part of it -? it's a beutiful thing. Where's your generation's G'n'R? where are they man... tell us?? The band you are into masquerading as G'n'R is a skoda. The one we had was a ferrari - there really is no comparison!? ok

i did grow up with them you stupid fuck so stop talking down to us. you seem bitter. nervous
guscouto
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2006, 06:19:12 PM »

I'm 20 years old brazilian guy.
I heard songs like November Rain, Mr. Brownstone, Sweet Child in my childhood but never give them a damn... never stopped to notice their quality ...
my sister had the UYI 1 album , and i never had the curiosity to listen to it ...

but then, one day, i was in Rio de Janeiro and she convinced me to go to see Guns N' Roses at the Rock in Rio 3 ...
That day changed my life ... the quality of the songs, the emotion of the guys in the band, Axl's voice and his stage performing ...
After that i started runnig after old Guns N' Roses stuff and hey, i agree they're better, Axl was better, Slash fuckin' rules and the songs are amazing ... TOday i'm a huge "old gn'r" fan ... i had more shows and bootlegs than a bunch of "old" fans here ...
But the point is ... this new band CAN make new fans. And mainly, this band CAN make fans like the old gn'r formation as well ... this band can play great stuff and create great new music ... Axl may not have the same voice, but his voice is still good and he is still the best frontman in activity!
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2006, 06:21:33 PM »

Alright, I'm only 20, so I obviously didn't get to see the original GNR, I became a fan when 'Live Era' came out. You talk about the old band being dangerous and wild and whatnot, this band doesn't need to be wild. You don't have to have a stage full of drunk and high guys to be able to enjoy these songs. This band enoys playing together and make great music, be it music they've written or music some other guys wrote 20 years ago. It's all good music. If I'm playing 'Out ta Get Me' on my guitar, I don't have to be holding a bottle of Jack and have a cigarette hanging out of my mouth to be having fun. This is a different band. Get over it. It's just a fantastic group of musicians who are playing great songs that someone else just happened to write and perform 15 years ago...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2006, 06:22:17 PM »

Dude that's what you don't get - we don't need to re-live it because we were THERE first time around. We grew up with the band and when they changed the world we were a part of it -  it's a beutiful thing. Where's your generation's G'n'R? where are they man... tell us?? The band you are into masquerading as G'n'R is a skoda. The one we had was a ferrari - there really is no comparison!  ok

I've read through this thread and I have to ask you: Who is this "we" you keep referring to? I know that as far as myself (and alot of other fans who've already replied to your opinion), I've been into Guns N' Roses since late 1987. I've seen every  incarnation of the band live except the very first comeback w/ Paul Huge. Having said that I very much believe that this band is Guns N' Roses.

I saw them at Hammerstein and me (along with everyone else who was there) thought Axl looked and sounded incredible. A few posts ago you said the reviews are bad, then someone corrected you on that so you said it's not the press that matters to you, it's what people have said.

I honestly can't think of anyone anywhere who's said anything bad about the Hammerstein gigs. As far as Spain goes, the people who were actually at the show (not watching shitty cell phone clips on YouTube) seem to have loved it.

Here's another question for ya; if you're such a die hard gunner, why start a topic like this?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2006, 06:23:32 PM »

Dude that's what you don't get - we don't need to re-live it because we were THERE first time around. We grew up with the band and when they changed the world we were a part of it -? it's a beutiful thing. Where's your generation's G'n'R? where are they man... tell us?? The band you are into masquerading as G'n'R is a skoda. The one we had was a ferrari - there really is no comparison!

I grew up with the same fucking band as you did man, so don't even go there...infact, I won't even bother replying to this post because of the share stupidity in it.

Really? Your profile states you are 25. So that means you bought AFD when you were 6? I'm impressed! ?rofl I don't remember seeing a 6 year old at the Marquee gigs either... how did you see above the crowd? ?hihi ?

People like you are the exact reason why I stopped posting on GNR forums a few years ago.
People like me? A fellow G'n'R fan who's been there since the beginning? I see, My bad... nobody's holding a gun to your head to be here bro... are they? ?hihi
Death Cube K
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2006, 06:26:36 PM »

People like me? A fellow G'n'R fan who's been there since the beginning? I see, My bad... nobody's holding a gun to your head to be here bro... are they?

Because you piss me off with all your bullshit and Im not the only one pissed off by it. After 6 years of debating the same old shit I got tired of it! It's like beating a dead horse...and it never stops.

You sound like a bitter old man after your girlfriend left you 10 years ago.

Oh and btw, Ive been there from the beginning too. Whats your point.
Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2006, 06:31:29 PM »

People like me? A fellow G'n'R fan who's been there since the beginning? I see, My bad... nobody's holding a gun to your head to be here bro... are they?

Because you piss me off with all your bullshit and Im not the only one pissed off by it. After 6 years of debating the same old shit I got tired of it! It's like beating a dead horse...and it never stops.

You sound like a bitter old man after your girlfriend left you 10 years ago.

Oh and btw, Ive been there from the beginning too. Whats your point.

Like i already said, if you're 25 as stated, then u were 6 'in the beginning'. I smell BS bro... care to explain yourself to the forum?!  hihi
SLCPUNK
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2006, 06:38:31 PM »

Listen here. I lived both. Old and new.

I like the new, because they kick ass and play great rock in roll. Just like I enjoyed the old.

So what is your problem?

Now go catch your bus.........

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: