Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 08:14:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  rio 5 did you expect more
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: rio 5 did you expect more  (Read 22953 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: May 29, 2006, 09:03:55 AM »

Being it's axl's fav and kind of the show of shows did you expect more

There's no correct answers just wonder if younexpected more then the same

ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 09:07:30 AM »

The setlist was predictable, they could have thrown in something new or rare.

But it was a good show and the band gave it 100 %.

We're gonna see better shows than this on  the tour.
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 09:09:12 AM »

I was wanting some announcement about CD, or possibly a new song, not a leak we already have.

I was happy we what we got though Grin  beer

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 09:11:31 AM »

I was expecting to hear more new songs...

Not new in the sense of "unheard" but more than were played that's for sure.

Other than that, you really couldn't have asked for a better performance...and plus, we were all watching it for free on our computers so who are we to complain even if it was horrendous? hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 09:13:35 AM »

Amazing how he put the leaks in the shows...... How could would it have been to heard NEW music
agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 09:14:40 AM »

Other than that, you really couldn't have asked for a better performance...and plus, we were all watching it for free on our computers so who are we to complain even if it was horrendous? hihi

I agree, although the band played really well, Axl was great IMO, but I was also expecting more new songs, at least TWAT and Chinese Democracy
agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 09:16:06 AM »

Amazing how he put the leaks in the shows...... How could would it have been to heard NEW music

Yeah, I'm really glad at least they played IRS and Better, those songs rock. I always like IRS even though some people don't, but it sounds much better live, I imagine the studio version will be killer
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2006, 09:17:09 AM »

When they break into a band jam or solo, for a heartbeat, it's like "Is this a new song?!? or just a jam?!" hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2006, 09:22:20 AM »

I was very dissapointed..  I saw the same show in 2001 at RIR3... The setlists were almos the same.. They open with jungle, ISE, Brown, .... end with NT, PC.... November Rain in the middle,... a very boring verison of KOHD... It was the same shit i saw in 01... i enjoyed it alot in 01 but in 06 i expect more from Axl Rose and this band... I was VERY bored, and dissapointed... Sorry but i wanted to dig it.... but it sucked...

yeah they played good and the sound sucked.. same ol situation ..... nothing new or anything to get excited about...
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2006, 09:26:11 AM »

I was very dissapointed..  I saw the same show in 2001 at RIR3... The setlists were almos the same.. They open with jungle, ISE, Brown, .... end with NT, PC.... November Rain in the middle,... a very boring verison of KOHD... It was the same shit i saw in 01... i enjoyed it alot in 01 but in 06 i expect more from Axl Rose and this band... I was VERY bored, and dissapointed... Sorry but i wanted to dig it.... but it sucked...

yeah they played good and the sound sucked.. same ol situation ..... nothing new or anything to get excited about...

Nail has been hit on the head.

Im glad as fuck the band is back and did such a tight show, but Id be lying if I said I wasnt hoping for something unheard at the show..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2006, 09:27:32 AM »

new band same covers.. Shame they live off the old band at every concert// At least if axl wasn't going to give you covers make your own band n name

I want to burry afd hihi

typical old band they live of their established hits, shame ?it's a different band

band
bumblerocks
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2006, 09:27:58 AM »

I agree, although the band played really well, Axl was great IMO, but I was also expecting more new songs, at least TWAT and Chinese Democracy

they ran outta time...
Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2006, 09:28:44 AM »

Man when will you guys EVER learn. This tour is not to promote CD it's to reaquaint this new version of the band with the fans by sucking them in with classic material. The ONLY reason any CD songs are being played is because they've already been leaked so the cat is outta the bag with those. The CD tour later in the year will be used to play new stuff. A miniscule amount of Guns fans even know the leaked Chinese Democracy songs as it is. If you want new songs in Europe then wait until the full tour kicks in... ?ok
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2006, 09:30:18 AM »

what was the 2002 tour for...^
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2006, 09:32:13 AM »

I expected at least one new song. Unfortunately it couldnt happen. We always have to take a trip back in time instead.
Man when will you guys EVER learn. This tour is not to promote CD it's to reaquaint this new version of the band with the fans by sucking them in with classic material.
Sorry, that dog wont hunt. The same thing was said in 2002. How many times does the world have to get reaquainted??

Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2006, 09:37:42 AM »

what was the 2002 tour for...^

Axl has already stated he was pressured into that tour to make MONEY - it's cost 13 million dollars to make CD so far... you do the math.

Sorry, that dog wont hunt. The same thing was said in 2002. How many times does the world have to get reaquainted??

See above. After a complete band overhaul and thirteen years with NO NEW PRODUCT? I'd say very often!
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2006, 09:38:33 AM »

Man when will you guys EVER learn.
never ill follow every show hoping for something new

This tour is not to promote CD it's to reaquaint this new version of the band with the fans by sucking them in with classic material.
i heard that in 2001 and 2002... im well aquanted with the new version of the band... as are most people on the board... enough of the same shit.... its boring..

The ONLY reason any CD songs are being played is because they've already been leaked so the cat is outta the bag with those.
and thats sad... the ONLY reason is sad...

oh and btw

"Now, there's been some concern... that if we play 5 or 6 new songs, then there can't that many more on the album. Au contraire mon fr?re! We're just playin' the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything. So you'll get 18 songs and about 10 extra tracks".

The CD tour later in the year will be used to play new stuff.
how do you know this? your assuming?? your assuming that the album will be out.. your assuming you know the setlists, your assuming that they will tour later this year.... stop assuming..

A miniscule amount of Guns fans even know the leaked Chinese Democracy songs as it is.
yeah ok... what ever... dumb shit

If you want new songs in Europe then wait until the full tour kicks in... ?ok

ok when is the full tour kick in? i thought it started already......
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2006, 09:38:42 AM »

I think severe technical problems limited the show. ?When the lights went out between songs, on the new feed, one can hear stage crew speaking to each other, and they sound like they are in crisis mode. ?There were a few times, it seems they were trying to replace various parts out on stage (pick-ups, microphones, wiring), in between songs. ?It seems everyone at the show enjoyed it, and could hear all three guitar parts. ?I think, for us to enjoy it at home, Mike, we would have had to have had at least two guitar feeds. ?We only had one, and at times had no mic (or low mic mix), no guitar, and only a synth, drum, and bass in the mix. ?

All in all, though, let's get ready for Rock Am Ring--that will be broadcast online, correct? ? Or is there another broadcast prior to this?
bumblerocks
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2006, 09:41:20 AM »

I think severe technical problems limited the show. ?When the lights went out between songs, on the new feed, one can hear stage crew speaking to each other, and they sound like they are in crisis mode. ?There were a few times, it seems they were trying to replace various parts out on stage (pick-ups, microphones, wiring), in between songs. ?It seems everyone at the show enjoyed it, and could hear all three guitar parts. ?I think, for us to enjoy it at home, Mike, we would have had to have had at least two guitar feeds. ?We only had one, and at times had no mic (or low mic mix), no guitar, and only a synth, drum, and bass in the mix. ?

All in all, though, let's get ready for Rock Am Ring--that will be broadcast online, correct? ? Or is there another broadcast prior to this?

i hope that one will be better sound quality, and that they stream the new songs too.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2006, 09:45:49 AM »

i expected a whole lotta more..

1)new songs

2)release date for CD

3)Rants

4)Rants

5)new songs

all that  Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: