Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 09:11:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228005 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  For those of you who are religious
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: For those of you who are religious  (Read 20991 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2006, 06:23:21 PM »

Yes indeed. Women in islam must be carefully looked after because they have troubles men dont have such as menstrual cycles where hormones are left, right and center. That's one of the reasons probably Prophethood wasnt passed onto a woman because she'll have too much to deal with.

Just for the record as Jess has suggested, the wife and husband must get on with eachother and must fulfill each other desires be it sexual or not, providing it aint illegal.

Sexist garbage............
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2006, 07:47:38 PM »

i really dont get religion.

how can people get into it when theres no proof AT ALL.

i mean imagine if i wrote a book saying i was a magic god who tells people to behave. got it published, are people likely to believe that, no.

so whats the difference with these various religious books?

religion annoys me, the bible anyway is very contradictory and like i dont get how god used to go killing people that didnt believe in him, then he tells people not to kill  Huh (i think i read that somewhere anyway)

islamic annoys me too, how its interperated SO WRONG, obviously causing the problems we have today.

it just doesnt make sense.

html sucks
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2006, 08:07:51 PM »

no man will ever follow a cult unless he has faith and all who have faith don't always follow a cult.

Faith is personal.

It isn't rational.

Nothing to say
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2006, 08:22:34 PM »

remember, you are talkin to the audience who has been waiting for an album for 10 years.
if there's a comunity out there that has faith for no reason, than it's us.

i mean imagine if i wrote a book saying i was a magic god who tells people to behave. got it published, are people likely to believe that, no.

nope, because you are a noob.
but the law/constitution of a country is based on the same thing. you believe/are afraid of somethin that doesnt egzist.

religion annoys me, the bible anyway is very contradictory and like i dont get how god used to go killing people that didnt believe in him, then he tells people not to kill? Huh (i think i read that somewhere anyway)

that's a shallow way at lookin at things

islamic annoys me too, how its interperated SO WRONG, obviously causing the problems we have today.

Mr. Bush is causing the problems we have today.
islam has been doing the same things it has been doing for 1400 years, and nobody noticed it till now.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 08:25:20 PM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Brody
« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2006, 10:48:19 PM »

Yes indeed. Women in islam must be carefully looked after because they have troubles men dont have such as menstrual cycles where hormones are left, right and center. That's one of the reasons probably Prophethood wasnt passed onto a woman because she'll have too much to deal with.

Just for the record as Jess has suggested, the wife and husband must get on with eachother and must fulfill each other desires be it sexual or not, providing it aint illegal.

You think...
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2006, 01:44:00 PM »

You can't call Islam man-made because you said Muhammad (peace be with him) got a revelation from allah. I can understand from an athiest point of view or a non muslim view why you think that because you dont believe muhammad (peace be with him) was allah's messenger.

Allah's messenger or not, Muhammad was still-- when all rhetoric is put aside-- a human.  Just as Jesus could be considered a messenger of god (or even part god by some sects), but he was still a human.  Religions are all man-made.  Spirituality is god-given.

As for saying the torah was god-sent but then changed over the years to become man-made, how does one know this hasn't happened in EVERY religion?  Books can be changed, translations can have errors, pieces can be removed to fit the views of people, and they can go uncorrected for years until they are considered to be part of the real holy book of the religion.  There are no infallible religious books, just as there are no completely infallible religions.

No religions is more right than another.  Why?  Because no one truly knows the will of god, or even if there is a god.  Honestly, I think that if there's a god, he likes all those to follow him.  Hell, he would even like those who don't follow him.  Why?  Because it makes him think he did something right with the whole "free will" thing he gave people.  Proves they're using the huge complex brains he designed for us.

I still think existance was all a chance occurance over the span of 13 billion years.  Imagine if the entire history of the universe were put into the span of one year with the Big Bang being on January 1.  The Milky Way would have formed in March.  The sun and planets would have formed in July or August.  Single celled life appears in September.  Complex beings appear on december 15.  Human life would not appear until December 31 at 11:54 pm.  Civilizations appear at 11:59:30.  Now think of that time span times 13 billion.  That's a lot of time for evolutions and chance occurances to all come together.  Who knows what might have happened in the spans we know nothing about?  There could have been millions of planets, life, animals, people, civilizations that got completely wiped out over time and the universe just reformed a couple hundred times.  We don't know for certain.  We know nothing for certain.  All we can do is go on what we do know.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2006, 02:33:04 PM »

Hmm, interesting thread.

there are less rapes in muslim countries.
Factual.

Rapes by strangers perhaps. What about marital rape?

An interesting read (PDF):
The Human Rights of Middle Eastern & Muslim Women: A Project for the 21st Century by Janet Afary

They are the boss inside the house, usually, the man's mother being THE boss. Same in India.

No such rule.
If the husband's a pussy, I suppose the wife would be the boss now, wouldn't she?  Wink

Fuck 'Em All.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2006, 07:30:02 PM »

but the law/constitution of a country is based on the same thing. you believe/are afraid of somethin that doesnt egzist.

you call me a noob yet cant spell a pretty simple word "exist".

html sucks
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2006, 08:38:00 PM »

Hmm, interesting thread.

there are less rapes in muslim countries.
Factual.

Rapes by strangers perhaps. What about marital rape?

An interesting read (PDF):
The Human Rights of Middle Eastern & Muslim Women: A Project for the 21st Century by Janet Afary

They are the boss inside the house, usually, the man's mother being THE boss. Same in India.

No such rule.
If the husband's a pussy, I suppose the wife would be the boss now, wouldn't she?  Wink

Marital rape is a hot subject in ANY country. I am very interested in any womanly rights anywhere and kid's rights too as it happens, and trust me, marital rape is as common in our countries. Beatings too. For example, Italy as an EXTRAORDINARY count of 48% of women beaten up by their husbands ( yes, you hear, that makes almost 1 out of 2 women). Now, Italy is catholic, not muslim  Wink.

As for the " rules", some are ancestral. Not written. It's a heritage passing. Oral laws. Tradional within arabic and jewish communities ( oral laws)

Nothing to say
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2006, 10:19:24 PM »

Marital rape is a hot subject in ANY country. I am very interested in any womanly rights anywhere and kid's rights too as it happens, and trust me, marital rape is as common in our countries. Beatings too.

Marital rape is common. But Muslims have the highest incidence of rape and beatings within the family. Why? Because they have no laws against it. It's taken to be normal for a husband to 'punish' his wife. (I even remember a case in which a cleric said that it was commanded by God.  Roll Eyes ).

Fuck 'Em All.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2006, 01:41:32 AM »

I believe in my self. Not in God.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Chelle
VIP

~Crazy Bitch~

« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2006, 01:59:20 AM »

Marital rape is a hot subject in ANY country. I am very interested in any womanly rights anywhere and kid's rights too as it happens, and trust me, marital rape is as common in our countries. Beatings too.

Marital rape is common. But Muslims have the highest incidence of rape and beatings within the family. Why? Because they have no laws against it. It's taken to be normal for a husband to 'punish' his wife. (I even remember a case in which a cleric said that it was commanded by God.? Roll Eyes ).

I've heard about that shit before, and also about the kind of "punishments" that they administer.? I didn't know how true it actually is though...

"She was queen for about an hour...? after that, shit got sour... She took all I ever had.? No sign of guilt.? No feeling of bad, no..."
Brody
« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2006, 04:11:47 AM »

Since Allah knows best!!! Lets look at the 16 year Atefeh Rajabi?s that was sentenced to DEATH by the Prophet!! Ayatollah!! a member of the prophet hood!! anyways she was put to death by stoning because she was raped by her brother.. hmm.. Corrupt? what about the brother.. oh thats right nothing happend to him.. I guess she wasnt looked after properly!! sick fucks..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2006, 04:26:06 AM »

I'm roman catholic, I question everything about god/jesus.. It's not that easy to have blind faith, you have to wonder about things.. I just am because that's what I was raised as.. I'm not very religous though
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2006, 08:05:41 AM »

Marital rape is common. But Muslims have the highest incidence of rape and beatings within the family. Why? Because they have no laws against it. It's taken to be normal for a husband to 'punish' his wife. (I even remember a case in which a cleric said that it was commanded by God.? Roll Eyes ).

Of course there are laws against it. The law is called a DEATH SENTENCE!! Again you're ignorant enough to follow what people say rather than what the scriptures and the fiqh say.

Since Allah knows best!!! Lets look at the 16 year Atefeh Rajabi?s that was sentenced to DEATH by the Prophet!! Ayatollah!! a member of the prophet hood!! anyways she was put to death by stoning because she was raped by her brother.. hmm.. Corrupt? what about the brother.. oh thats right nothing happend to him.. I guess she wasnt looked after properly!! sick fucks..

What are you talking about? Again fool you look at what people are doing and not what the scripture and what our actual religion says. Unintelligent.

You think...

How was i being sexist? You're acting as though i trying to put down women and make men seem better or something. You're ignorant as you purposefully straw my posts to reveal and infer things when there's nothing to infer. I agree with Brody about the raping brother is Unspeakably disgusting but as i dont know what you're talking about I'll leave that. Like it said in the hadith; "Prophet Muhammed (peace be with him) said "My generations the best, the generations after and then the generation after"

Also he said "Towards the end of time, there will be 72 sects of so called islams, but only one will be correct."

You ask a Muslim today things about the quran when you read it and you'll be suprised how lacking we are in religious education

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2006, 08:07:37 AM »

remember, you are talkin to the audience who has been waiting for an album for 10 years.
if there's a comunity out there that has faith for no reason, than it's us.

religion annoys me, the bible anyway is very contradictory and like i dont get how god used to go killing people that didnt believe in him, then he tells people not to kill? Huh (i think i read that somewhere anyway)

that's a shallow way at lookin at things

Mr. Bush is causing the problems we have today.
islam has been doing the same things it has been doing for 1400 years, and nobody noticed it till now.

Wrong again. We Muslims have a crap rep. but if you really think we're evil, then why has islam increased by 235% over the last 30 years i think. the answer isnt quite population boom. Ask Yvonne Ridley

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2006, 08:08:49 AM »

One word. EDUCATION! There's a lack of religious education generally for muslims.

Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2006, 09:45:50 AM »

Of course there are laws against it. The law is called a DEATH SENTENCE!!

Death sentence, BS. Muslims in India (and I believe elsewhere) don't have to follow the laws laid down by the legislature, applicable to everyone else. They have what they call 'Sharia' law, which are the laws set by your clerics and Imams. Under this law, the following are legal:

1) Polygamy - Marry as many women as u want, when u want.
2) Divorce - A simple matter of uttering the 'Triple Talak'! No procedures or paperwork required!
Plus, the woman cannot divorce a man, only vice versa.

When was the last time a Muslim man was sentenced to death for beating his wife? Check out the BS that happens in India alone (Mind u, these are real cases): http://www.westernresistance.com/blog/archives/002275.html

P.S: Your argument that "what the scriptures say is different" is invalid. If all ur Imams and clerics misinterpret the Quran and behave as mentioned above, what's the use?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 09:47:33 AM by Genesis » Logged

Fuck 'Em All.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2006, 10:07:10 AM »

I think religion nowadays is so corrupt that everything written might be interpratated wrong for your own convinience, therefore religion today sucks  no

No man can be my equal
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2006, 10:36:37 AM »

Since Allah knows best!!! Lets look at the 16 year Atefeh Rajabi’s that was sentenced to DEATH by the Prophet!! Ayatollah!! a member of the prophet hood!! anyways she was put to death by stoning because she was raped by her brother.. hmm.. Corrupt? what about the brother.. oh thats right nothing happend to him.. I guess she wasnt looked after properly!! sick fucks..

come on it's just a girl, it's not like she is human being or something ....

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: