Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 09:17:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Stockholm,Sweden @ Globen 26th, 2006
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stockholm,Sweden @ Globen 26th, 2006  (Read 36987 times)
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #240 on: June 27, 2006, 07:06:12 AM »

Review in Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet: the concert is rated 2 out of 5.

Picture caption: ITS BEEN 13 YEARS Axl Rose on stage in Sweden. The voice holds up, the bombs blast - at at times its sounds very good. But, its really only Axl left - with a cover band.

link: http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/noje/story/0,2789,847962,00.html

This to is just pure ignorance. On one hand they state that Axls voice holds up and that the show sounds very good. Then they say that its only Axl with a cover band. This is just a kick in the teeth to some seriously talented musicians. If they sound as good as they do then give them the credit they deserve. Axl has moved on, the proper fans have moved on, even Izzy has accepted things and moved on by playing with the new band. Why cant half arsed journalists do the same? I can imagine if the old band were still together they would still find something to moan about. Guns N Roses have evolved in a big way now and Axl is taking the music forwards. These journalists just piss us proper fans off. Mike

Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #241 on: June 27, 2006, 07:17:32 AM »

. [/..this seven-man-band...quote]

I hate dumb little innacuracies that just show up people's ignorance. There are even some people on this board who make the same mistake. Guns N' Roses is currently an EIGHT (that's 8 ) piece band, dammit!

1 AXL
2 TOMMY
3 RICHARD
4 BRAIN
5 RON
6 ROBIN
7 CHRIS
8 DIZZY

« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 07:39:17 AM by AL1978 » Logged

I would'nt do that if I were you.
TheMole
« Reply #242 on: June 27, 2006, 07:37:42 AM »

I hate dumb little innacuracies that just show up people's ignorance. There are even some people on this board who make the same mistake. Guns N' Roses is currently an EIGHT (thats Cool piece band DAMMIT!!!

1 AXL
2 TOMMY
3 RICHARD
4 BRAIN
5 RON
6 ROBIN
7 CHRIS
8 DIZZY

I hate it when people accept Pitman as a full fledged member. He is, I know, but I refuse to accept it. His influence on Axl is responsible for the musical direction he's chosen in the late nineties. He's responsible for making Axl think OMG and Silkworms were a good idea. Who cares if he wrote some nice synth parts... Even if he wrote The Best Song In The Worldtm for GnR, he would still be in debt for making Axl put out abominations like the aforementioned songs, effectively making him the lauging stock of the whole rock loving world.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #243 on: June 27, 2006, 07:42:01 AM »

He needs no help in the laughing stock department, let us at least admit that! Pittman is a full member, you said yourself. And Oh My God is great!!! beer

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #244 on: June 27, 2006, 07:49:11 AM »

I hate dumb little innacuracies that just show up people's ignorance. There are even some people on this board who make the same mistake. Guns N' Roses is currently an EIGHT (thats Cool piece band DAMMIT!!!

1 AXL
2 TOMMY
3 RICHARD
4 BRAIN
5 RON
6 ROBIN
7 CHRIS
8 DIZZY

I hate it when people accept Pitman as a full fledged member. He is, I know, but I refuse to accept it. His influence on Axl is responsible for the musical direction he's chosen in the late nineties. He's responsible for making Axl think OMG and Silkworms were a good idea. Who cares if he wrote some nice synth parts... Even if he wrote The Best Song In The Worldtm for GnR, he would still be in debt for making Axl put out abominations like the aforementioned songs, effectively making him the lauging stock of the whole rock loving world.

Whats this, "the blame it on Pittman hour"? Jesus.

Anyway, good to see they did another tops show. All this travelling must be blowing Ron's mind!

Is this Frank's second show?
makane
Legend

« Reply #245 on: June 27, 2006, 07:55:19 AM »

I hate dumb little innacuracies that just show up people's ignorance. There are even some people on this board who make the same mistake. Guns N' Roses is currently an EIGHT (that's 8 ) piece band, dammit!

1 AXL
2 TOMMY
3 RICHARD
4 BRAIN
5 RON
6 ROBIN
7 CHRIS
8 DIZZY

He probably ment the BAND, not including Axl which is, seven.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
TheMole
« Reply #246 on: June 27, 2006, 08:02:38 AM »

Whats this, "the blame it on Pittman hour"? Jesus.

Yeah, ok... might have not come off like that, but it was kinda an explanation as to why people tend to count only 7 members... Dizzy is usually credited on 'keyboards' whilest pitman is credited for 'programming'.
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #247 on: June 27, 2006, 08:04:21 AM »

Where is Pitman officially credited yet at all?

Restraint is for suckers.
Emilie
Rocker

No, we can't stop here! This is bat-country!

« Reply #248 on: June 27, 2006, 08:50:47 AM »

I stood in front of of the middle almost as near the stage as it was possible.. I was in the crowed and I rocked! Cheesy But the people around me just stood their on their own spots and only screamed... Not in the beggining but after the half show, everybody seemed to be dead. Where did you stand?

Their were also some people who only was there for the opening suck acts and they made me angry like hell!  And people around me whouted "Paradice City!".. I wanted more songs before the end song, did they want it to end or didn't they know that that song is the last song? Cheesy

The crowed wasn't that bad but everything with them wasnt great Tongue

I stood in the front, to the left. I had huge speakers right above me, so maybe that's why I could hear him better than you did...
The bad thing about the audience, was the "Axl" chants a few people started after every song. What about the rest of the band? I can agree Axl deserves one or two chants, but after every song?? That's just disrespectful to the the others... no

Yeah, I heard about them, or saw them actually. They had been there since friday! To see BFMV! Roll Eyes

I just woke up, it's almost 3 pm here now Grin
I can't believe I saw Guns yesterday!! IT'S FUCKIN UNREAL!! Shocked
VIP

« Reply #249 on: June 27, 2006, 08:52:58 AM »

I was there.
Jumping and screaming in falsetto in the stand.

The show was undescribably magnificent.
The coolest thing I 've ever done.

now when I have seen GN'R it feels empty and strange.
Almost fainted during Patience because of the lights.

Pure magic
i stood in line since 12 and i would have stood the double for such a show.
awesomeness the coolest tihing i have ever done.

but it was not many that sang along on the new songs.

VIP

« Reply #250 on: June 27, 2006, 10:51:45 AM »

rofl rofl rofl
anythinggoes
« Reply #251 on: June 27, 2006, 10:52:38 AM »

well thank you thomas
Ericnor
Rocker

« Reply #252 on: June 27, 2006, 12:08:48 PM »

Just got home from Stockholm.

They show was BRILLIANT!
I was standing quite near the stage, and the crowd was wild too, as Axl also mentioned.

Even met Jarmo briefly after the show. Cool to meet you man.
Hope you guys found a good place to party afterward. We tried getting a taxi for over an hour and after that we just went to the hotel instead.

I took some photos and video with my cellphone. Quality sucks, so I wont upload anything since there will probably come better quality pics and video soon.

Right now I am thinking about the Oslo show tomorrow. Gonna leave by train tomorrow morning, lets just hope everything works out with the arrest and stuff, and that he wont be in a bad mood and just cancel the show, like he did on "me" in 91.

-Eirik

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #253 on: June 27, 2006, 03:28:29 PM »

isn't there any more reviews from the concert?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #254 on: June 27, 2006, 03:39:36 PM »

Where is Pitman officially credited yet at all?

somewhere in live era?
Linuc
Headliner

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #255 on: June 27, 2006, 04:13:11 PM »

The show was truly amazing. I stand in the front and when the first notes to WTTJ began I thought that the place should explode. It looked like Axl had a great time, he joked with us and laughed.
Frank was absolutely amazing, so much cred to him. He had a really great time, he had a big smile all the time. It was really cool that Dizzy played some Abba in his solo, that was great. When Bumblefoot played Don't Cry the whole crowd singed with him, that was wonderful. Axl's voice was incredible, all I can say is wow!

I mailed Bumblefoot after the show to thank him. He said that the crowd was one of the best so far at the tour and that he had a great time in Sweden.

In a couple of days I will upload some pics and videos at my website, stay tuned. First I'm going to Oslo for my second Guns N' Roses-concert in my life. =) I hope it will be almost so great as it was yesterday.

/Linus

Swedish Guns N' Roses-site & forum:
http://www.gnrsweden.com/
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #256 on: June 27, 2006, 05:07:38 PM »

I read somewhere that axl said during patience "did someone think i played in poison?" after some one threw a poison shirt on stage is that true?
Linuc
Headliner

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #257 on: June 27, 2006, 05:19:57 PM »

I read somewhere that axl said during patience "did someone think i played in poison?" after some one threw a poison shirt on stage is that true?

Yeah, he said something like this. But I don't think it was because a t-shirt... I don't really remember. Cheesy

Swedish Guns N' Roses-site & forum:
http://www.gnrsweden.com/
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #258 on: June 27, 2006, 05:32:16 PM »

Yeah, he said something like this. But I don't think it was because a t-shirt... I don't really remember. Cheesy

It was a bracelet,I think yes

shit happens when you party naked
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #259 on: June 27, 2006, 05:40:37 PM »

Okay, a short review:

First, Axl's voice sounded awful on Better, The Blues and My Michelle. But for the whole concert his voice was better than I expected  Cheesy

Of the new songs, Madagascar and Chinese Democracy sounded fantastic. (Yes, I have heard all the demos and they are great etc. etc.)

I wanted to hear TWAT!  Cry

I could feel the heat from the "flames" up to where my seat was, far from the scene  hihi

To sum it all up, a very good concert, 4/5.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: