Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 02:18:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Stop blaming myspace (a message from lisa reed)
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stop blaming myspace (a message from lisa reed)  (Read 5308 times)
anythinggoes
« on: July 06, 2006, 02:18:14 PM »

Anybody happen to catch Nightline last night on ABC? In case you didn't, one of the hot topics discussed was MySpace. It is no secret to anyone who reads the newspaper or watches the 6 o'clock news that MySpace has been in the limelight because of "sexual predators" trying to "abduct and corrupt" the youth of the world. To this I say bullshit! I see dozens of profiles a day showing 14 year old girls dressed like sluts, wearing four inches of make up and 32 layers of eyeliner, displaying their age as 18 years old and profile lines stating "Oh, I'm So Sexy" or "Hey There, Wanna Check Up On It?" Come on! The youth of today's world are already corrupt enough due to the undying need to be "older" than they really are. I seriously doubt there are tons of people on MySpace stalking "innocent young girls" who just happen to have tramped up profiles and ages 4 years greater than their own.

On Nightline, there was a story of a 12 year old girl who was a drug-addict and attributed it all to MySpace. She claims that Myspace allowed her to easily find drug dealers in her area, as well as older men to have sex with her. Now, at the age of 14, she has been checked into a drug-rehabilitation clinic and has been away from her family for 5 months. Her parents would rather place the blame squarely on the shoulders of MySpace instead of their daughter, who even admitted that at the age of 12, had already tried weed, crack, X, and had slept with numerous guys older than herself...but of course, it wasn't her fault, it was all because of MySpace.

One again, COME ON! When are parents and children going to stop passing the blame and grow up enough to take responsibility for their actions and the actions of their children.. Parent;s, monitor your children online, take some responsibility for YOUR children. Children, if a profile name sounds like something that comes out of a cheap horror movie, like "DARK ANGEL OF DEATH WHO EATS THE BRAINS OF GIRLS"...chances are you DO NOT WANT TO ADD THEM AS A FRIEND. Apparently there is new legislation in Congress now to block MySpace in all public schools and public libraries across the United States. All because little girls want to act grown and don't want to accept the consequences and parents don't want to accept the fact that their "innocent little girls" are posing as 18 year old crack whores trying to buy drugs.

Eventually, if this continues, MySpace could be totally outlawed from the Internet. Restrictions will be put in place in order to make MySpace "safer". I don't know about you, but I use MySpace to keep in touch with my family and friends, use it for messages, and just to have a space that is my own. Just because some children want to act grown, does that mean I may have to eventually give up my MySpace? If you feel the same way I do, please, repost this in your blogs or bulletins, or both as "STOP BLAMING MYSPACE". If enough people post this and spread the word, maybe people will get the picture and stop blaming MySpace for every little thing that their children do wrong. As user of MySpace, we should all repost this and take some sort of action. This is not a chain letter, and nothing will happen to you if you don't repost this in 321654987 seconds. However, of all bulletins you will read today, I am sure that this one is the only one that actually has a point to it.

A 14 year old girl, and her mother have filed a law suit against Myspace.com(what?) because she was sexually assaulted by another user. She said he lied by saying he was on the high School football team, and THAT gained her trust. Obvisiously if thats all it took to gain her trust, she easily trust pretty much anybody and anyone. She's suing Myspace.com for $30 million because she believes myspace has poor security. WHAT A CROC! Myspace is not a babysitting service, take responsiblity for your own actions!!! What happened to her is a terrible thing and should never happen to anyone period. Where were her parents? Why are they not held responsible for what thier daughter does in thier own home? Myspace has many many ways of blocking out/screening people, some are: you have to ACCEPT the person you may or may not know as well as deny people you do or do not know, you can have certain sercurity measures added like asking for last name and email address, you can block a person, you can only associate with people you ALREADY know or simply you can NOT be on MySpace if you lack common sense.

Pass this on if you support Tom, and Myspace.com. It's about time adults take responsibility for their own children, instead of blaming someone else for their own failed parenting

and there you go  peace
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 02:22:49 PM »

Yeah, I got that too. I've just finished reading it on Myspace!
Elrothiel
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 02:35:02 PM »

I predict straightaway that MySpazz will not get shut down by the law. Its just like the Suicide Solution thing...

It is NOT MySpazz who is to blame... it is the parents for not monitoring their children properly, the children for pretending to be older, and the worthless ingrates who decided to use MySpazz for such a disgusting purpose.

There's no need for a petition. If the law shuts down MySpazz, they'll have to shut down the entire internet... MySpazz isn't the only way for those assholes to take advantage. ANY forum, ANY site, anyone with an EMAIL!
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 02:49:14 PM »

However, of all bulletins you will read today, I am sure that this one is the only one that actually has a point to it.

Blasphemy..  Wink
Athena
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 02:54:25 PM »

I agree. I think good education and a proper parent/kid talk now and then will do more good than shutting down myspace. If they shut it down, the kids, the drugdealers and the sexual predators will find other internet sites to abuse. It's not going to stop this kind of thing.

It is like telling kids 'don't do drugs' without any insight besides ' drugs are bad for you'. They should tell the kids what drugs can do to your body, how to SAFELY use drugs if they want to experiment anyway (so they won't get killed popping unsafe pills) and how to get help if things get out of hand. It's the old 'stick your head in the sand' attitude that bugs me about this.

The only way to keep your kids safe is to sit them down and talk to them, share your life experience, allow them to tell you what's going on in their lives, simply put: get involved and do your fucking parental job!

Tomorrow I brew, today I bake, and then the child away I take. For little deems my royal dame that Rumpelstiltzkin is my name.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 03:05:26 PM »

I dont even know what myspace is

....but i can find unsavoury sexual predators there? Hot damn - i'm sold!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 03:08:25 PM »

It's about time adults take responsibility for their own children, instead of blaming someone else for their own failed parenting

I totally agree with this.

Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 03:20:03 PM »

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

I've been saying this forever-- parents need to start being parents again.  People are too quick to blame someone else for their shortcomings and because of that, responsible people lose more freedoms as every generation passes.

I will be reposting this on MySpace.

And by the way, if you want to know why MySpace is all over the news, just look at who owns it now-- NewsCorp, parent company of Fox, now owns the controlling interest in MySpace.  ABC, NBC, and CBS will take any chance they can get to make something owned by a rival news company look bad.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 03:31:52 PM »

And by the way, if you want to know why MySpace is all over the news, just look at who owns it now-- NewsCorp, parent company of Fox, now owns the controlling interest in MySpace.? ABC, NBC, and CBS will take any chance they can get to make something owned by a rival news company look bad.

Interesting point, yeah the media is jumping all over this one. Every night there an "investigative reporter" doing a segment on Myspace. Also, I think fear sells, so it attracts the viewers for ratings. Plus it's easy work, so some lame ass reporter can set up an account, and find out how old someone's kid is and what town they live in.. and strike fear into parents watching.

I did see one on Dateline, which has been running them constantly, and this must have been early on because I think now they are actually working with the police and arresting them. Well, they get a predator to bite and he comes over the house.. The host interviews the guy, asks "isn't this disgusting?" etc etc.. The guy leaves.? NO LIE, THE NEXT DAY the guy is online and bites again!! So they couldn't use the same account or ask he come over the same house, so they ask him to meet at a McDonalds or whatever. They wait, and the same f'ing guy pulls in to the parking lot. The best was the host approaches him and asks him and the guy denies everything saying he was only there for a cheeseburger!! That made me think yeah there are some fucking wierdo's out there..
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 05:43:47 PM »

Every time i read something from LR, i like her.

It's one of these women i would have liked to meet, she must be interesting.
Shame she is married to a celeb, i guess it's impossible, but again, kudos to her, for having common sense.

Nothing to say
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 05:53:27 PM »

how original ....

Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 07:49:43 PM »

Every time i read something from LR, i like her.

It's one of these women i would have liked to meet, she must be interesting.
Shame she is married to a celeb, i guess it's impossible, but again, kudos to her, for having common sense.

I am not sure you could really define Dizzy as a celeb. Try finding a single person who isn't a GN'R who has a fucking clue who Dizzy Reed, shit, most casual GNR fans wouldn't know.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
SuperMike
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2006, 11:10:23 PM »

There's no need for a petition. If the law shuts down MySpazz, they'll have to shut down the entire internet... MySpazz isn't the only way for those assholes to take advantage. ANY forum, ANY site, anyone with an EMAIL!

Actually, I'd be happy in a way if the entire internet was shut down. I don't like being addicted to the internet and I can't quit, it consumes too much time from my other activities and hobbies.
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2006, 08:17:55 AM »

Actually, I'd be happy in a way if the entire internet was shut down. I don't like being addicted to the internet and I can't quit, it consumes too much time from my other activities and hobbies.

Good point!  I'm always kicking my kids off the computer.  It's almost as bad as the Xbox which I put away for the summer!

Why don't you just....
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2006, 01:48:17 PM »

Whio the fuck needs to hear lisa reed, not like something most haven't been saying for quite sometimes... I've always said stop blaming myspace and watch your kids..Also stupid kids inviting eevryone on their friend's list, know who you invite
anythinggoes
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2006, 02:26:00 PM »

Whio the fuck needs to hear lisa reed, not like something most haven't been saying for quite sometimes... I've always said stop blaming myspace and watch your kids..Also stupid kids inviting eevryone on their friend's list, know who you invite

it was posted on this board due to the fact she is the wife of one of the band members and some people may be interested hence why it was posted in The Jungle and not the Guns N Roses board and she does has a point and has bothered to comment on it unlike many others who couldnt be bothered
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2006, 03:11:28 PM »

Agreed. Seriously, I've tried, but I can't  nervous
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2006, 03:34:31 PM »

it was posted on this board due to the fact she is the wife of one of the band members and some people may be interested hence why it was posted in The Jungle and not the Guns N Roses board and she does has a point and has bothered to comment on it unlike many others who couldnt be bothered

They've been running these shows on dateline and other types like it balming myspace.. I'm just tired of hearing opinions about it... I know why it was posted, it's just eevryone acts like she has this novel idea or opinion when it's old news already...
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2006, 04:35:20 PM »

Out of curiousity, where did you get this & how do you know she wrote it?? Not for nothing, but this reeks of those emails that go around claiming "George Carlin said this"
anythinggoes
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2006, 05:12:11 PM »

It was posted by lisa on myspace and it is 100% her
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: