Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 10:57:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Ledger's Joker to take on Batman
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ledger's Joker to take on Batman  (Read 21066 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« on: August 02, 2006, 08:52:36 AM »

Brokeback Mountain star Heath Ledger will play The Joker in the next Batman film, titled The Dark Knight, film studio Warner Brothers has announced.
The Australian actor reprises the role memorably played by Jack Nicholson in 1989's Batman film.

Ledger earned an Oscar nomination as a gay cowboy in Brokeback Mountain.

British actor Christian Bale will play the Caped Crusader for a second time after last year's Batman Begins, with Christopher Nolan again directing.

Casting challenge

It will be the sixth Batman film since his 1989 return, with Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer and George Clooney having played the role prior to Bale.

The Dark Knight is scheduled to go into production next year.

"Our challenge in casting The Joker was to find an actor who is not just extraordinarily talented but fearless," said Memento director Nolan.

"Watching Heath Ledger's interpretation of this iconic character taking on Christian Bale's Batman is going to be incredible."

Ledger's other films include The Brothers Grimm, Ned Kelly, Monster's Ball, A Knight's Tale and The Patriot.

Just....laughable

They already made this film in '89 - and that film was fantastic - is Hollywood really so creatively bankrupt?!?

Why would anyone want to see a remake of a film thats already just about perfect?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 08:55:20 AM »

Perhaps beacuse the first one isn't all that true to the comics?

Batman going around killing people?

Super.
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 09:20:47 AM »

wow, i always though heath ledger was a talentless piece of shit. in comparison to Jack he'll come off even worse.

Still, off the top of my head i cant think of anyone i'd like to play the joker...
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 09:24:08 AM »

Hugo Weaving might be fun
makane
Legend

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 10:03:41 AM »

Still, off the top of my head i cant think of anyone i'd like to play the joker...
Buckethead.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 11:10:23 AM »

wesley snipes

T_Roxie
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 11:51:52 AM »

I really dont see the point of this. Huh  There's no way he's gonna top Jack Nicholson
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 12:38:18 PM »

Me

or Clint Eastwood

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 01:30:45 PM »

Clint Eastwood as the joker?  How would that work? Huh
MrBrOwNsToNeR
Rocker

http://www.myspace.com/pellostone

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 01:47:13 PM »

Crispin Glover would be a great JOKER !

really talented actor ... and really mad Smiley

Georges MacFly !
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 01:49:04 PM by MrBrOwNsToNeR » Logged

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2006, 01:54:33 PM »

wow, i always though heath ledger was a talentless piece of shit. in comparison to Jack he'll come off even worse.

Mark Hamill....his voice over work was amazing in the Animated Series and, quite frankly, I could see him in the makeup.

Ledger could be good...but I've not seen him do the sort manic range of emotion type role that Joker will require.? With Bale, you knew you were getting a good Batman because of American Psycho.? With Ledger...he's got nothing in his body of work that would make me thing he's going to be able to pull off the role.  Then again, I thought casting Topher Grace as Eddie Brock in Spidey 3 sounded pretty boneheaded, too.  But by all accounts he's done a great job, so...what do I know.

Oh, and I could see Crisping "I'm a huge whackjob" Glover playing the Joker....but he tends to avoid big budget Hollywood fare like the plague.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
SuperMike
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2006, 02:43:39 PM »

Just....laughable

They already made this film in '89 - and that film was fantastic - is Hollywood really so creatively bankrupt?!?

Why would anyone want to see a remake of a film thats already just about perfect?

I agree with you that the '89 Batman film is great, one of my all time favorites. But this isn't a remake, Batman Begins has nothing to do with the previous four. It's a brand new interpretation. I liked this one better than the previous two(Batman Forever and Batman & Robin) but I still have mixed feelings about it. Christian Bale seems too cocky as Bruce Wayne and tries too hard to be scary as Batman. I hope this sequel will be better.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2006, 03:06:40 PM »

Just....laughable

I agree with you that the '89 Batman film is great, one of my all time favorites. But this isn't a remake, Batman Begins has nothing to do with the previous four. It's a brand new interpretation. I liked this one better than the previous two(Batman Forever and Batman & Robin) but I still have mixed feelings about it. Christian Bale seems too cocky as Bruce Wayne and tries too hard to be scary as Batman. I hope this sequel will be better.

Remake/new interpretation - what does it matter?

Its not going to beat Tim Burton's hand at the helm, Michael Keaton's Bruce Wayne or Jack Nicholson's manic Joker - so why even try?

Every person who sees it will be comparing it to the original - and on the strength of the dire Batman Begins - its just setting itself up for a pounding

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2006, 04:48:02 PM »

Batman Begins was ace. I think that you've got nostalgia poisoning or something Tongue, Burton's Batman was good, maybe even great, but it was nowhere near perfect! It was a bit thin in places, and having the Joker kill Bruce's parents wrapped everything up far too nicely.

And it doesn't fall under the 'new interpretation' bracket, god forbid the remake one. The only similarity with Burton's will be the characters. There are a ton of Joker story arcs out there for Nolan to choose from, Burton's film had little to do with the comics.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
SuperMike
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2006, 06:11:08 PM »

Batman Begins was ace. I think that you've got nostalgia poisoning or something Tongue, Burton's Batman was good, maybe even great, but it was nowhere near perfect! It was a bit thin in places, and having the Joker kill Bruce's parents wrapped everything up far too nicely.

And it doesn't fall under the 'new interpretation' bracket, god forbid the remake one. The only similarity with Burton's will be the characters. There are a ton of Joker story arcs out there for Nolan to choose from, Burton's film had little to do with the comics.
What does ace mean? Are you saying BB was good or bad?

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2006, 06:12:40 PM »

If you drew an ace when splitting the deck, would it be good or bad?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
SuperMike
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2006, 09:03:31 PM »

Oh, I see.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2006, 09:04:32 PM »

(You play ace high, yeah?)

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2006, 09:26:22 PM »

What if somebody told you to, "ace that jacket"?

« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 10:00:08 PM by journey » Logged
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2006, 10:55:28 PM »

Crispin Glover would be a great JOKER !

really talented actor ... and really mad Smiley

Georges MacFly !

Agreed.  He'd be great.  Still, Ledger has potential, especially in Nolan's hands...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: