Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 03:04:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  how about them EAGLES?!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: how about them EAGLES?!  (Read 28997 times)
gnr331
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: September 13, 2006, 08:48:22 PM »

about 2 months ago i posted a topic about how the eagles are gonna do and everyone disagreed with me but as you can see they are back and better than ever....the question i want to ask is ......is stallworth the new T.O. for the eagles??? beer

immigrants and faggots, they make no sense to me, they come to our country, and think theyll do as they please
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 09:12:22 PM »

about 2 months ago i posted a topic about how the eagles are gonna do and everyone disagreed with me but as you can see they are back and better than ever....the question i want to ask is ......is stallworth the new T.O. for the eagles??? beer

its been one week...give it time
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 09:58:43 PM »

HAHAHA Calm down dude, u guys beat the fuckin Houston Texans! hihi hihi hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 09:20:47 AM »

so funny and yet so true rofl come back in week 9 or so hihi

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 03:26:21 PM »

stallworth is a good receiver however he isnt anywhere near TO's level.

Philly will win 9 games.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 04:14:01 PM »

everyone forgets about all the injuries the eagles had last year. the D was decimated, mcnabb was not himself all year and out for the season after week 7, westbrook was out at week 8.

this year, we're very deep in the trenches. we rotate 8-9 guys on the D-Line. and howard is a huge upgrade at DE.

our schedule is easy through the first 10 games.   

and say what you want about our WR, but they are better than any group of recievers we had in 2000 - 2003, and in each of those 4 years we made the playoffs (including 3 NFC champ games).

i knew we would bounce back this year. i was thinking 9-10 wins. now i'm thinking maybe 11 wins. the NFC east may not be as tough as everyone thought. (skins = frauds.)   

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 04:15:58 PM »

U still don't have a power running game Sandman and Lito Sheppard is out for a while.  Philly play in the toughest division......

Stallworth is a huge upgrade over anything they had in the Pre TO years though, I give u that. Still, if u guys beat the NYGiants Sunday, Ill give u props. But beating Houston shouldn't impress or get anyone's hopes up.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 04:50:25 PM »

U still don't have a power running game Sandman and Lito Sheppard is out for a while.? Philly play in the toughest division......

Stallworth is a huge upgrade over anything they had in the Pre TO years though, I give u that. Still, if u guys beat the NYGiants Sunday, Ill give u props. But beating Houston shouldn't impress or get anyone's hopes up.

but we never really did have a power running game (although i really wish we did).

AND r. hood is an excellent corner filling in for lito. i actually like him better than lito (more physical). but that's a good point since overall our secondary is weakened without him. it will show in our nickle package.

i'm not getting too excited over 1 win vs. a shit-hole team. but watching the game i saw alot of good signs of a much-improved, very good team. two more i didn't mention:

1. buckhalter - another huge injury risk, but he looked awesome (8 carries for 50 yards). not exactly a "power" guy, but more so than westbrook.

2. mccoy - 2nd year LB had a monster game. LB was considered a weakness. jury is still out on this guy, but he got off to a really good start. if he's the real deal, our D is set.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 05:28:34 PM »

Mark my words, the Eagles will finish in last in the NFC East.  That's not to say they'll be bad, cause the division is so good, but they'll still finish last.  You won one game against the team that had the worst record in the fucking league last year.  Donte Stallworth is a good receiver, but he's not in TO's league.  McNabb looked pretty good against a terrible defenseive unit.  My pick in the Eagles win about 9 games and still finish behind the Skins, Giants, and Cowgirls.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Tonrey
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 09:41:55 PM »

Hey! Screw you Rob (no offense intended), the Eagles will finish with no less then 10 wins. I've been hooked on Eagles fever baby!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 10:20:06 PM »

amen.   hihi

If the Eagles aren't 5-1 after their first 6 games, they'll be disappointing.  Total creampuff schedule for the 1st 6 weeks.....then it gets tough.   ok

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
gnr331
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2006, 12:16:25 AM »

Mark my words, the Eagles will finish in last in the NFC East.? That's not to say they'll be bad, cause the division is so good, but they'll still finish last.? You won one game against the team that had the worst record in the fucking league last year.? Donte Stallworth is a good receiver, but he's not in TO's league.? McNabb looked pretty good against a terrible defenseive unit.? My pick in the Eagles win about 9 games and still finish behind the Skins, Giants, and Cowgirls.
are you on crack???!!!    behind the skins?!?!?!?!   read up on football then come talk to me....personally....you suck at life ...so shut up

immigrants and faggots, they make no sense to me, they come to our country, and think theyll do as they please
gnr331
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2006, 12:17:05 AM »

Hey! Screw you Rob (no offense intended), the Eagles will finish with no less then 10 wins. I've been hooked on Eagles fever baby!
thats what i wanna hear!!!!! beer

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2006, 02:42:46 AM »

Mark my words, the Eagles will finish in last in the NFC East.? That's not to say they'll be bad, cause the division is so good, but they'll still finish last.? You won one game against the team that had the worst record in the fucking league last year.? Donte Stallworth is a good receiver, but he's not in TO's league.? McNabb looked pretty good against a terrible defenseive unit.? My pick in the Eagles win about 9 games and still finish behind the Skins, Giants, and Cowgirls.
are you on crack???!!!? ? behind the skins?!?!?!?!? ?read up on football then come talk to me....personally....you suck at life ...so shut up

Haha, I really shouldn't dignify that with a response but I'm in a good mood so I'll humor you.  You're obviously quite intelligent with such a witty well-worded response to my post.  The Eagles beating last season's worst football team is hardly a reason to think they're going to win the best division in football.  Especially since the other three teams have all improved themselves going into this season.  I don't need to read up on football.  I'm extremely knowledgeable when it comes to that sport.  I wouldn't come talk to you personally if you payed me.  And telling people to shut up over the internet is really pretty sad, dude.  I guess I'll conclude by reminding you my Skins did sweep your Eagles last season.  That's all.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
gnr331
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2006, 02:52:14 AM »

are you on crack???!!!? ? behind the skins?!?!?!?!? ?read up on football then come talk to me....personally....you suck at life ...so shut up

Haha, I really shouldn't dignify that with a response but I'm in a good mood so I'll humor you.? You're obviously quite intelligent with such a witty well-worded response to my post.? The Eagles beating last season's worst football team is hardly a reason to think they're going to win the best division in football.? Especially since the other three teams have all improved themselves going into this season.? I don't need to read up on football.? I'm extremely knowledgeable when it comes to that sport.? I wouldn't come talk to you personally if you payed me.? And telling people to shut up over the internet is really pretty sad, dude.? I guess I'll conclude by reminding you my Skins did sweep your Eagles last season.? That's all.
ok and they "sweeped" them why?Huh cuz he had a hurnia...if thats how ya spell it...but anyway....your probly a loser that sits on your computer all day and talks shit to people to make your own pathetic life seem worth living....so again....shut up and DIE!!!!

sandman
Legend

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2006, 08:11:35 AM »

you're in for a huge disappointment. the skins will not make the playoffs. brunell is a stiff. they barely made the playoffs last season. everything went right for them down the stretch and they snuck in.

and dallas already has a QB controversey. bledsoe is not a great QB. and the league knows if you get pressure on him, you win the game. the sooner they make the change to romo, the better. luckily for non-dallas fans, parcells will stay with bledsoe a few weeks too long.  hihi

the division will come down to the giants and the eagles. this week's game is so huge. i actually think the giants will win a close game (i'll guess 16-13). but i still think the birds will win 10-11 games.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2006, 01:17:39 PM »

I agree Drew Bledsoe sucks. I don't know why Bill is so hung up on him

I pray they start Tony Romo. I think we are a playoff team with Romo but Bledsoe is the ultimate stiff.

I am a Cowboy fan so take what I say about the Eagles with a grain of salt! hihi

sandman
Legend

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2006, 02:18:09 PM »

I agree Drew Bledsoe sucks. I don't know why Bill is so hung up on him

I pray they start Tony Romo. I think we are a playoff team with Romo but Bledsoe is the ultimate stiff.

I am a Cowboy fan so take what I say about the Eagles with a grain of salt! hihi

i agree 100%. the sooner they make the change, the better off they will be. bill has a long history with bledsoe, and he loves veterans. so dallas will probably be about 2-4 before he realizes the best QB for this team is romo.

i'm going to the eagles-cowboys game on oct. 8. always an insane time. and this year will be extra crazy due to the return of TO. although i'm in the minority of fans here in philly that actually like TO.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2006, 04:34:05 PM »

you're in for a huge disappointment. the skins will not make the playoffs. brunell is a stiff. they barely made the playoffs last season. everything went right for them down the stretch and they snuck in.

and dallas already has a QB controversey. bledsoe is not a great QB. and the league knows if you get pressure on him, you win the game. the sooner they make the change to romo, the better. luckily for non-dallas fans, parcells will stay with bledsoe a few weeks too long.? hihi

the division will come down to the giants and the eagles. this week's game is so huge. i actually think the giants will win a close game (i'll guess 16-13). but i still think the birds will win 10-11 games.

Define stiff.? I know Brunell is old and his best years are behind him, but he did a good job last season, and against Minnesota he wasn't the problem.? The problem was that we couldn't stop the Vikings on 3rd and long.? In regards to that, keep in mind that our best cornerback, Shawn Springs, did not play in that game.? And the Redskins hardly snuck in to the playoffs last year.? They won 5 straight games in impressive fashion.? They blew out both the Giants and Cowboys in the last few weeks of the season, and then won on the road to get in in the last week against a divisional rival.? And then they went on the road the next week and beat Tampa in the first round of the playoffs.? And they gave the eventual NFC Champ Seahwaks a very competitive game in Seatle.? You guys are getting way too excited about just one week of football.? There's 15 games still to go, guys.? The Eagles were the only team to win in Week 1, but they played by far the worst team of anyone in the division.? The Boys lost to a tough Jaguar team on the road (the Jags won 12 games last year), the Giants lost to the Colts, and although the Vikings aren't great they're certainly better than the Texans.? Its a long season, need a remind you the Eagles started 3-1 last season and starting out TO and Donovan were the best of friends.? Shit can go bad real fast in the NFL.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 04:36:07 PM by Rob » Logged

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Tonrey
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2006, 04:58:47 PM »

Nope, T.O. and McNabb have hated each other since the end of the 2004 season.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: