Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 05:03:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  how about them EAGLES?!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: how about them EAGLES?!  (Read 28999 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #140 on: January 16, 2007, 08:43:33 AM »

Reid is a very good coach who always takes responsibility for the loss.? Did he call out Westbrook, who while he had some dazzling plays, dropped at least 3 passes? (1 a sure touchdown)

I'm telling you now it's easy to Monday morning quarterback.? But let's face it, Jeff Garcia is an over-the-hill journeyman quarterback who can only play well in one offensive system.? Philly should be happy as hell they got what they did out of this season.? McNabb's twice the quarterback Garcia is and the Eagles will be fine when Donovan's healthy.?

Also, anyone here who calls the play to run Westbrook on 3rd and 1 has not watched the Eagles play this year.? I'd love to see Westbrook's stats over the year on 3rd and short, I guarantee they are much lower than the league average.? Once the line in front of him makes contact he folds like a cheap tent.? Westbrook thrives on making defenders miss and he is particularly nasty when the offense spreads it out.? ?

I apologize for mixing up tapeh's play with westbrook's drop...mistakes happen.? But let's face it, each team's defense needs major improvement.? The Bears will roll and the Colts will exorcise their demons.? ?Wink?

you mixed up the plays because who in their right mind would throw to thomas tapeh on one of the most critical plays of the season.  hihi

i don't have time to research the birds success on 3rd and 1, but remember, we have buckhalter as well and he has one of the highest rates of "positive plays" in the league (plays that go 3-6 yards).

the eagles abandoned the run. garcia dropped back to pass 34 times, and we ran the ball 16 times. 68%!!! and it was a close game. andy forgot what got us there.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #141 on: January 16, 2007, 04:38:32 PM »

Hey Sandman,

Not a bad last few weeks of the year. I don't post here much anymore, but wanted to come back to this thread when all was said & done. My superstitious nature didn't want to jinx anything while they were hot.

Overall, kudos to Garcia for finishing up 6-2, agains some good teams. Each game we had only about a 50/50 shot of winning. The Saints game was tough to swallow. I don't diss Andy for passing too much, because it seemed to be working. N.O. was bad against the pass (bad safeties, LB's & corners). Our defense was bad against the run.. Really it came down to who had the ball last, since both defenses had their weaknesses. Andy did mess up that 2nd & 1 & 3rd & 1 (Throw INTO the end zone on 2nd down, run or QB sneak on 3rd down). Also the 4th & 15, I could go either way on, but considering N/O was bad against the pass, and we made ALOT of 3rd & 10's I think he should have gone for it.

I think our season came down to us not stopping the run. For that I blame Jerome McDougal, Mike Patterson & Broderick Bunkley (Our last 3 first round picks, ALL defensive linemen who rarely played). I hope Bunkley works out (I heard he was in Reid's doghouse for holding out into training camp, if that's true, I blame Reid for his lack of time for holding grudges that hurt the team).

In the off season, I'd like to see the Birds draft a Safety, LB, then TE or Fullback. I'd like to see Buck & Stallworth re-signed, and an extension for LJ. Offer Garcia decent cash, but not a ton.. If he wants alot of $$, let him go to Oakland or Minnesota.

It was a good season Sandman, bad time to live in Philly (sportswise), but the Phillies start up in a few weeks. And the NFL draft is only about 3 months away, that's my New Year's  Grin

My SB prediction: Saints vs. Colts

I won't predict who'll win but wouldn't it be a great story if the Saints went all the way & did it!  Wink
sandman
Legend

« Reply #142 on: January 16, 2007, 06:20:29 PM »

hey pasnow,

great post!  ok

you're totally right about our D-line. major weakness. draft hurt us like you said, plus howard was a disappointment. 

the drought in philly continues. 94 straight major sports seasons with no championships. but who's counting?

i say pats over the saints in the super bowl.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #143 on: January 16, 2007, 06:51:48 PM »

Pasnow, we've had our disagreements in The Jungle before, but this we can agree on...Colts-Saints inthe Super Bowl.   beer

btw, curse the individual who insinuated my Vikings would try to get Jeff Garcia.  God no!  I'd rather sit through an entire season of Tarvaris Jackson at qb leading the team to a 3-13 year than have Garcia at the helm.  I like Jeff as a person.  I think he got lucky at the end of this season.  (yes, I know Childress came from the Eagles' system, but please no.  Sad )

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #144 on: February 02, 2007, 12:11:44 PM »

Read in the paper today that andy Reid's kids  are in trouble--his 21 year old for  pointing  a gun at another motorist, and his 23 year old for a car accident which followed shortly after  his use of heroin (which he admitted). Geez, Reid could not discipline TO and now his kids. And I thought he was  strict. He bans McNabb  from a press conference, but clearly has not control  over  his children. Makes you wonder.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #145 on: February 02, 2007, 12:15:09 PM »

sometimes you gotta wonder if the teams become more important than the families Undecided (tony dungy's kid last year Cry how could you go back to coaching so soon after something like that Undecided )

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #146 on: February 06, 2007, 11:02:06 PM »

From ESPN today:

NORRISTOWN, Pa. -- The 21-year-old son of Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid was charged Tuesday with drug and weapon offenses stemming from an incident in which he is accused of pointing a gun at another motorist.

Britt Reid was arraigned on nine counts including making terroristic threats, possession of a controlled substance and a felony charge of carrying a firearm without a license. Reid did not speak to reporters as he left court with his attorney after posting bail.

Reid got into an argument with another motorist Jan. 30, pointing a handgun at the man and laughing before driving off, prosecutors said. The other driver managed to get the license plate number of Reid's black SUV and police traced it back to Reid's parents.

The other motorist described the driver with the gun as "a white kid trying to act like a gangster."

An officer spoke by phone with Britt Reid's mother, Tammy, who told them her son was driving the SUV while his own vehicle was undergoing repairs. Britt Reid's parents were on vacation at the time.

Armed with a search warrant, police later that day recovered a shotgun, ammunition and containers with white residue from the vehicle Reid had been driving, as well as a handgun from his room at the home he shares with his parents in the Philadelphia suburb of Villanova. That gun matched the description of the weapon given to police by the other driver, authorities said.

Reid was also charged with one count each of simple assault, making terroristic threats possession of an instrument of crime and making false reports to authorities.

First Assistant District Attorney Risa Vetri Ferman said Reid gave conflicting statements to officers from two different police departments, but in both cases said he only pulled out a flashlight during the confrontation with the other motorist and was not carrying a gun.

Several hours after the alleged confrontation, Reid was at the scene of an unrelated accident involving his brother, Garrett, Ferman said. He told an officer from a nearby township that he had been involved in an earlier altercation in which a man pulled a gun on him and he responded by pulling out a large flashlight, she said.

West Conshohocken police then took Reid from the scene for questioning and he changed his story, saying instead that the other driver only appeared to be looking for a gun, according to Ferman.

Britt Reid was also charged with three counts of drug possession after cocaine, Oxycodone and marijuana were found in his vehicle, authorities said; he also faces one count of possession of drug paraphernalia. His preliminary hearing on all the charges was set for Feb. 16.

The accident involving Garrett Reid, who according to police admitted he had used heroin earlier in the day, remains under investigation. A search of Garrett Reid's vehicle turned up three Adderal capsules and 19 unidentified pills, according to police records. Ferman declined to comment on the status of that investigation.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: