Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 11:50:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228058 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Magic disappearing headlines/threads...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Magic disappearing headlines/threads...  (Read 42765 times)
GeraldFord
« Reply #180 on: October 18, 2006, 08:58:20 PM »

Seems silly of them, since you can read the thing anywhere now...........

You can get the leaks in many places, but not here...

/jarmo

But that makes sense. Those leaks are illegal. This is different, this is something from the front page of Rolling Stone.com. I'm not dissing you or anything, you're just doing what is asked of you. I'm just saying it's silly for the GN'R camp to have you remove any talk of what was ON THE FRONT PAGE OF RS.Com.
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #181 on: October 18, 2006, 08:59:03 PM »

Watch, the album will come out and Jarmo will be asked to have all discusion of it removed.

LMFAO - There's the post of the year!  Grin

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #182 on: October 18, 2006, 08:59:46 PM »

/jarmo

Yeah but you can hardly compare this article to the leaks though. This article is something extremely positive for the band, but they are making a huge mistake by trying to squash all traces of it.  Undecided
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #183 on: October 18, 2006, 09:00:41 PM »

We can't talk about the tour dates being moved... articles from Rolling Stone are definetaly out of the question... Rumours are frowned upon and can result in negative karma... Discussions about songs and band memebers are dead horse... Politics certainly aren't allowed... and no one can seem to understand the rules in the "Songs you recommend" thread.

So how the hell do I waste so much time here?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #184 on: October 18, 2006, 09:01:01 PM »

Watch, the album will come out and Jarmo will be asked to have all discusion of it removed.

Like the Japanese soldiers they found isolated in the Pacific 50 years later still fighting WW2  hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #185 on: October 18, 2006, 09:02:25 PM »

We can't talk about the tour dates being moved... articles from Rolling Stone are definetaly out of the question... Rumours are frowned upon and can result in negative karma... Discussions about songs and band memebers are dead horse... Politics certainly aren't allowed... and no one can seem to understand the rules in the "Songs you recommend" thread.

So how the hell do I waste so much time here?

I like the fact a thread here has a new poster more than once a day!

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #186 on: October 18, 2006, 09:15:08 PM »

I wonder if Seb Bach suddenly found himself not being Axl's best friend.....I bet he's 'sorry'.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
redarmy76
Headliner

OK, Nevermind

« Reply #187 on: October 18, 2006, 09:16:08 PM »

The way I figure it is that GNR (and their people) have been planning a huge release since they've been back from Europe. ?They have (argueably) the most anticipated release of all time, and have a unique way of doing it. ?It must then be possible that the RS article is "ruining" their surprise, hence they want Jarmo to minimize the spread. ?So I'm gonna kick back, relax and wait for this huge bombshell. ? Jarmo, keep up the good work.. ? ?I'm gonna enjoy this ride

Bitch slap rappin'
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #188 on: October 18, 2006, 09:19:09 PM »

I wonder if Seb Bach suddenly found himself not being Axl's best friend.....I bet he's 'sorry'.

Well, it wouldn't be the 1st time he was running his mouth on something-

Let's hope he was "allowed" to speak of such things as some kind of tactic
SLCPUNK
« Reply #189 on: October 18, 2006, 10:24:45 PM »

/jarmo

I understand, I just don't see mgt's. logic in this. If it is all over the internet that Elvis just died on the toilet, does it really make sense for his mgt to deny it happened?

Don't get me wrong. I don't care too much, I just think it's odd.
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #190 on: October 18, 2006, 10:25:43 PM »

It's taken this board a LONG time to realize this stuff is going on.? ?As I told Jarmo a month ago, he's in for a backlash.?

In his defense, he's caught between a rock and a hard place.? If he 'behaves' and does as he's told... er.. asked, then he gets 'press releases' from Merck and Beta posts the odd correction.? He has a direct link to sources that should mean this board should get the best information, and get info first.?? Knowing what I know, I didn't think that would be the case, though, and this particular deletion really proves it.?

I first took mild offense when Jarmo deleted all the references to Axl being sued over the Warhol John Lennon portrait.? ?Someone sent me a copy of the court documents, it was far from a rumor.? It was a legit news story that ended up on every site but this one.?? I'm a huge fan, I certainly don't mind being on a fan board, but as a fan, I'd like to know the latest news, good or bad.? Because it was leaning towards a fan board, I couldn't fault that, and because the chances of getting exclusive info by keeping these connections happy were more likely (or so I thought),? I kept my mouth shut.?

Since that time, I've watched while an inordinate number of posts and threads criticizing Merck, Beta, management, Axl and/or the band were systematically deleted, along with references to the women he was photographed with and a myriad of other topics.? ?If they were all tallied, I think readers would be pretty surprised at the volume.

In return, I've seen one response that denied the Nov. 21 release date, and a not overly exciting press release that was posted here a few minutes earlier than everywhere else.

Up until now, I still thought that it might be worth it to hang in here (although I did start joining other sites to make sure I wasn't missing anything).? However, I still mostly only checked here.? Imagine my surprise when I get a post from Jeff's email list about an RS story that I can find no reference to here.? ?I check out mygnr, and it's already generated pages and pages of responses.? ?Suddenly I go from the forefront of the informed to the back of the bus.? I look pretty stupid to the less avid parties who rely on me for the latest.?

Thus I will find it pretty hard to keep this as my main source.? If I go to another board, the 'official' info will be broadcast there within seconds, but the same sure won't be true in reverse.

I really appreciate Jarmo's efforts and I really don't fault him, in theory it's great.? ?But unfortunately with this band and this crew, it's pretty useless.?

This is still my favorite board with my favorite people, but unless things change, I think I'll have to check other sites first from now on, which will logically lead to posting my own news bits elsewhere.? Sorry!

I stand up for them more often than not, what they're dealing with behind the scenes is massive and very difficult, but Merck and his cohorts are hurting, not helping the board.? I suspect he doesn't care.? It's very unfortunate.? ?

Management helps out with killing rumors, sends me press releases to post.

Obviously they're killing more than rumors.

My guess is that everything will make sense when GN'R wants us to know, not when a magazine wants to sell extra copies.?

Yeah, this is the typical Merck line, blame the media.? Meanwhile, his attempts at killing this already long-since done deal of a story can't be good news.?

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Shocked? Wait!? Yikes, it could be true!
highvoltage
Headliner

MYGNRFORUM Admin

« Reply #191 on: October 18, 2006, 11:22:28 PM »

Snooze, I can respect what you're saying - but if jarmo didn't play by the rules, then management wouldn't reward HTGTH with all those presales and the such - and if they didn't do that, then none of the forums would have access to them. Wink

I'm a mod over at mygnr, and even I can recognise that that's the way it needs to be here. Sure - it's annoying to have that sort of discussion censored (I know if I posted here, regularly, i'd be irritated too) - but you need to take a step back, look at the whole picture, and not be so critical of the way jarmo operates here. Smiley peace

Angus Young - AC/DC
"I'm sick to death of people saying we've made 11 albums that sound exactly the same, when in fact, we've made 12 albums that sound exactly the same."
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #192 on: October 18, 2006, 11:41:51 PM »

Snooze, I can respect what you're saying - but if jarmo didn't play by the rules, then management wouldn't reward HTGTH with all those presales and the such - and if they didn't do that, then none of the forums would have access to them. Wink

I'm a mod over at mygnr, and even I can recognise that that's the way it needs to be here. Sure - it's annoying to have that sort of discussion censored (I know if I posted here, regularly, i'd be irritated too) - but you need to take a step back, look at the whole picture, and not be so critical of the way jarmo operates here.

I'm not critical of the way Jarmo operates the board at all, I'm critical of GNR putting him in a position where he has to offer compromised information that can potentially damage his site more than help it.

However, I did forget about the pre-sales.? Are they only available here?? That puts poor Jarmo's thoat in a bit of an iron grip.? That said, maybe GNR should spring for some bucks and try running their own site again.? Or they should throw some money at Jarmo.?

My point remains that they are getting far too much in return for what they're offering.? They are effectively biting the hand that feeds them.? ?GNR fans do NOT want to be last -- dead last -- in line for GNR news.?
highvoltage
Headliner

MYGNRFORUM Admin

« Reply #193 on: October 18, 2006, 11:46:16 PM »

I'm a mod over at mygnr, and even I can recognise that that's the way it needs to be here. Sure - it's annoying to have that sort of discussion censored (I know if I posted here, regularly, i'd be irritated too) - but you need to take a step back, look at the whole picture, and not be so critical of the way jarmo operates here.

I'm not critical of the way Jarmo operates the board at all, I'm critical of GNR putting him in a position where he has to offer compromised information that can potentially damage his site more than help it.

However, I did forget about the pre-sales.  Are they only available here?  That puts poor Jarmo's thoat in a bit of an iron grip.  That said, maybe GNR should spring for some bucks and try running their own site again.  Or they should throw some money at Jarmo. 

My point remains that they are getting far too much in return for what they're offering.  They are effectively biting the hand that feeds them.   GNR fans do NOT want to be last -- dead last -- in line for GNR news. 
Ok, I re-read your post, and I apologise for not interpreting it correctly. I agree with what you're saying. Wink

The pre-sales are organised through HTGTH and spread around to other fan forums. So yes - in a sense they're only available here because you have to visit this site to get them - but they're made accessible to all fans that have been registered at any major GN'R forum (that includes mygnr, newguns, cd.com, etc) for a particular period of time.

Angus Young - AC/DC
"I'm sick to death of people saying we've made 11 albums that sound exactly the same, when in fact, we've made 12 albums that sound exactly the same."
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #194 on: October 18, 2006, 11:55:02 PM »

Or they should throw some money at Jarmo. 

Who says they aren't?   Cheesy
EFISH
« Reply #195 on: October 18, 2006, 11:56:01 PM »

Well the mods are doing a pretty good job of deleting all of it.. it dissapears within seconds..

crazyness confused Grin
estranged.1098
« Reply #196 on: October 19, 2006, 12:39:32 AM »

The way I figure it is that GNR (and their people) have been planning a huge release since they've been back from Europe.  They have (argueably) the most anticipated release of all time, and have a unique way of doing it.  It must then be possible that the RS article is "ruining" their surprise, hence they want Jarmo to minimize the spread.  So I'm gonna kick back, relax and wait for this huge bombshell.   Jarmo, keep up the good work..    I'm gonna enjoy this ride

It's a RS article, they are not minimizing anything.

HTGTH is a great forum, I love it. But it's not my number 1 GNR "news" source anymore. What I mean is that I check this site daily in the hope of reading exciting news about the band, but now I can't be sure they will still there by the time I visit it.

Are there any stats for the number of the deleted posts?
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #197 on: October 19, 2006, 12:48:02 AM »

Or they should throw some money at Jarmo.?

Who says they aren't?? ?Cheesy

Good point!!? ?beer?
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #198 on: October 19, 2006, 01:41:25 AM »

Good point!!   beer 

I'm sure this forum will crash into oblivion when you and your 135 posts leave us........

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #199 on: October 19, 2006, 02:05:36 AM »

Good point!!   beer 

Hmmm, do you really want to start a discussion about receiving money and the only BIG site that does not have any ads on it?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 02:16:01 AM by Christos AG » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: