Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:21:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  Their is a certain member selling bootlegs...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Their is a certain member selling bootlegs...  (Read 10186 times)
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2006, 10:45:11 AM »

robinfinckfan: you are absolutely right. But there is a difference if you are trading to get stuff or if you are buying it. I won't buy any bootleg - no matter how rare it may be. If I can't trade to get it, I will leave it.

And I think that I have a life.

To quote you a little bit: "DON'T FUCKING" mess around with a topic if you don't like it hihi

Don't take everything too serious. ok
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2006, 07:24:05 PM »

you guys need a life. who appointed any of you to be the GnR police. Is Axl doing anything about it?  If you see it for sale, how about this= DON'T FUCKING BUY IT Shocked

How are any of you better than the punks that the bootleg and sell the shit? Because some of you got " connections" to a dude who has alot of shows and you can do a b+p and get shows for free, your a better person, what a joke. GnR community is nothing more than liberals VS. conservatives. Politics, this is a god damn rock n' fuckin roll band, people are fans and you guys turn it into a political playground to show off your cock and balls. 

GET A LIFE, SERIOUSLY,  get laid, get a job, od, do something

You're contradicting yourself though. Who made you the person to give a shit about what's going on with other people? Worry about yourself, rather than worrying about the problems of others. So, in your words, "HOW ABOUT THIS", if you don't like the thread, STAY OUT OF IT!!! And yes, people that download bootlegs, trade for them or do B&P in order to get them, are better than the fucks who sell bootlegs to people for profit. I haven't heard anyone stick up for people selling bootlegs before, until just now. So do you sell them or what?? Maybe you need to "get a life, get laid or OD" if you have so much time in your life to worry about a situation that has nothing to do with you... am I right?

EDIT: Is this Timebomb under another name he has or a relative or something??
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 07:26:27 PM by lennonisgod » Logged

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2006, 08:24:55 PM »

No.

He has not been on much and this guy is not him.

Everyone should really give it a rest on the whole subject. I have not seen anyone jump on here and say he is. So please put this dumb thread to bed. It is time for Chinese Democracy. right Fucking Now. This is stupid to continue this thread.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 08:30:02 PM by sjgotnitro » Logged

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
robinfinckfan
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2006, 09:50:05 PM »

you guys need a life. who appointed any of you to be the GnR police. Is Axl doing anything about it?? If you see it for sale, how about this= DON'T FUCKING BUY IT Shocked

How are any of you better than the punks that the bootleg and sell the shit? Because some of you got " connections" to a dude who has alot of shows and you can do a b+p and get shows for free, your a better person, what a joke. GnR community is nothing more than liberals VS. conservatives. Politics, this is a god damn rock n' fuckin roll band, people are fans and you guys turn it into a political playground to show off your cock and balls.?

GET A LIFE, SERIOUSLY,? get laid, get a job, od, do something

You're contradicting yourself though. Who made you the person to give a shit about what's going on with other people? Worry about yourself, rather than worrying about the problems of others. So, in your words, "HOW ABOUT THIS", if you don't like the thread, STAY OUT OF IT!!! And yes, people that download bootlegs, trade for them or do B&P in order to get them, are better than the fucks who sell bootlegs to people for profit. I haven't heard anyone stick up for people selling bootlegs before, until just now. So do you sell them or what?? Maybe you need to "get a life, get laid or OD" if you have so much time in your life to worry about a situation that has nothing to do with you... am I right?

No, I don't care about what you do, that's my point. Why do you care so much? why does anyone care? a member who's selling? what ? drugs, secrets to nukes, what?

I'm sorry, I think theres bigger problems in the world than a dude peddling some dvd's ok ok : ok:OK!

Am I a seller= No
Have I bought dvd's? = yes

I am a fan and I love their live show. That's where it stops for me.

I care less than a little bit where or how or when or from who you got your's from ok

because I am a fan doesn't mean I'm the judge and jury over someone else. are ya' smellin what I'm steppin in?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 10:04:15 PM by robinfinckfan » Logged
domi
Kashmir
Rocker

Vae Victis!

« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2006, 10:33:22 PM »

Sorry, can anybody explain me? What's the difference between selling and selling? I don't get it!

On the one hand we have a guy who (apparently) offers bootlegs to get rare and unreleased bootlegs. This guy has shared nearly his hole collection on dime and some of this boots haven't even seen the light of the day yet.
But people are whining and complaining about him for some (sometimes legitimate) reasons.

On the other hand we have a guy who offers his collection for apparently 3000 dollars (?) (!!!), but nobody is complaining, no there is a six pages long thread about how you can raise the money to buy his stuff.

So, could anybody explain a complete newby what's the difference in these matters?

Omne ius hominum causa constitutum.
(Hermogenian, D. 1,5,2)
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2006, 11:22:52 PM »

Sorry, can anybody explain me? What's the difference between selling and selling? I don't get it!

On the one hand we have a guy who (apparently) offers bootlegs to get rare and unreleased bootlegs. This guy has shared nearly his hole collection on dime and some of this boots haven't even seen the light of the day yet.
But people are whining and complaining about him for some (sometimes legitimate) reasons.

On the other hand we have a guy who offers his collection for apparently 3000 dollars (?) (!!!), but nobody is complaining, no there is a six pages long thread about how you can raise the money to buy his stuff.

So, could anybody explain a complete newby what's the difference in these matters?

Exactly. I wonder the same thing.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2006, 11:28:40 PM »

Selling bootlegs=illegal. ?There is no other needed explanation for this.

$10 or $3000 it is still illegal. ?I think that whole transaction thing got shot down anyway in the end. ?

Selling some and sharing some=still illegal.

Now I can understand to a point that some people want to have these shows and have no other means to aquire them but to pay for them at times because they don't have the proper equipment or internet connection to download overly large files. ?I can also understand someone taking one for the team so to speak to liberate something that is being sold. ?I have done this myself. ?

What I do not condone is someone offering sale of things and then complaining when the same files he/she is trying to sell are getting shared for free in different formats. ?

I also think, and remember this is just my opinion-that after the darknemus debacle that there should be no more mass money transactions condoned in this section simply because that is a prime example of how things can go terribly wrong and people wind up getting burned.

Frankly when I joined here I had no knowledge of torrents, upload sites or the like. ?I also didn't even have a DVD burner. ?I taught myself the torrent stuff which wasn't overly hard and then bought an external burner for $50.00. ?A much lesser expense than paying for bootlegs in the long run. ?I know everyone can't do this, I just wish people would ask if there is someone who has what they need instead of just paying for it. ?Especially stuff that is uploaded to trackers and the like.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2006, 03:23:01 PM »

No.

He has not been on much and this guy is not him.

Everyone should really give it a rest on the whole subject. I have not seen anyone jump on here and say he is. So please put this dumb thread to bed. It is time for Chinese Democracy. right Fucking Now. This is stupid to continue this thread.

That was COMPLETE sarcasm by the way. I knew it wasn't him and I knew that from about 20 different things in that post, punctuation being the number one. Although you continue to tell people to just STOP this thread, hopefully something good comes out of this. Even if he doesn't get what he deserves IF INDEED he is selling bootlegs to people, maybe he will LEARN from this (Which I highly, highly doubt) and stop pulling that stupid bull shit on people. I just can't make myself believe that he ISN'T trying to sell them, because I know him enough to know how he is and there is only one person in this thread TELLING us that he doesn't sell bootlegs to anyone and that person is you. I'm definitely not accusing you of lying, but people can do things behind your back without you EVER knowing about them. So... as far as you KNOW he doesn't sell bootlegs, but what about the shit you don't know??

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: