Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:16:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Heard something (partially) odd on Sirius Radio today...(RUMORED CD DATE!)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Heard something (partially) odd on Sirius Radio today...(RUMORED CD DATE!)  (Read 45496 times)
Rockdawg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #220 on: November 02, 2006, 03:04:26 PM »

What terrible music there playing, Cinderella  Embarrassed

Could be worse, they could play Winger! ok

Times are hard,
Thrills are cheaper.
Your arms get shorter,
While your pockets get deeper.
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #221 on: November 02, 2006, 04:06:12 PM »

Was listening to Sirius today when they played Mr. Brownstone on Hair Nation.  Afterwards, Tawny said that there's still no news as to when Chinese Democracy is coming out.  Guess if it were the 7th, she wouldn't have said that.

Anyway, just posting what I heard.

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
bringu2yourknees
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #222 on: November 02, 2006, 04:48:45 PM »

I didn't expect much given the fact that it wasn't the news wasn't hyped thoughout the morning.  I just figured with what everyonr else had heard on Sirius, that maybe there was a shred of truth to it...  Undecided

And oh yeah, Winger and Cinderella are the just the tip of the Hair Nation iceberg...  hihi

mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #223 on: November 02, 2006, 06:14:28 PM »

And oh yeah, Winger and Cinderella are the just the tip of the Hair Nation iceberg...  hihi

Hey now! Hair Nation is a great station. I enjoy Dangerous Darrens Sunset Strip Snack, every night at 11:00. They are always playing Guns.
Once a official release is announced Sirius will be plugging it hard, I could also see Stern  promoting it.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 06:23:19 PM by mega_music » Logged

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
bringu2yourknees
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #224 on: November 02, 2006, 06:21:25 PM »

And oh yeah, Winger and Cinderella are the just the tip of the Hair Nation iceberg...? hihi

Hey now! Hair Nation is a great station. I enjoy Dangerous Darrens Sunset Strip Snack, every night at 11:00. They are always playing Guns.
Once a official release is announced Sirius will be plugging it hard.

Nah man I'm not knocking the station itself at all.  There is alot of stuff that I like, that is constantly being played on hair nation. Just because Winger, Cinderella, Faster Pussycat aren't my thing doesn't mean that I don't like stuff like Hanoi Rocks or even Motley Crue.  I'm usually just more of a Howard Stern of Hard Attack listener and GnR regardless of which station they pop up on.  peace
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #225 on: November 02, 2006, 06:28:01 PM »

Just to play devils advocate:? GnR GH has sold incredibly well.? It had very little pre-release promotion and, really, comparatively little post release promotion (compared to the release of new material by other artists).? It's sold like gangbusters.? Someone also used the AFD example, which I think is apt.

MOST albums sell their copies in the first week...but GnR is not most artists.? And, if you look at their albums, they tend to sell very well over the long term....much better than in comparison to most artists.? So it's not like it defies all logic to do something like this.? It's risky, to be sure, but.....

Universal, given the money they've made of GH, etc, might very well be willing to engage in a risky alternative marketing plan with this release.? Actually, it makes perfect sense to use THIS release, all things considered, as a boilerplate for something different.?

And to those decrying no promotion.....think about what we're discussing here.? Think about what we've been discussing for the past month or so.? There IS promotion going on...it's certainly non-traditional (and, in essence, cheap as hell for the label) kind of promotion, but it's definitely occuring.

That's a fair point but to me you can't really compare GH to CD. GH is an album full of timeless classics. There wasn't a need for much promotion because these songs promote theirselves. CD is different because its completely new material being released 15 years after the last studio album and it's recorded by an entirely different band. The general public isn't going to know what to expect of it until they start hearing music. Which means there will be a lot of downloads.

I think you bring up a lot of fair points, but I wouldn't consider what is going on here promotion. The people here are diehards so of course everyone is going to react to the slightest hint of CD being released. The question is, is it enough to make the general public care?
xj220
Headliner

TWAT=goodness

« Reply #226 on: November 02, 2006, 06:34:34 PM »

I think so, I mean it is Guns N'Roses.  They were once one of the biggest bands around and that's something you don't forget.  The legacy that follows that name is like no other.  I think people will be naturally curious about the album just because it is GNR and regardless of who's in it.

"Face it, if crime did not pay there would be very few criminals." -Laughton Lewis Burdock
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #227 on: November 02, 2006, 06:44:22 PM »

Just to play devils advocate:? GnR GH has sold incredibly well.? It had very little pre-release promotion and, really, comparatively little post release promotion (compared to the release of new material by other artists).? It's sold like gangbusters.? Someone also used the AFD example, which I think is apt.

MOST albums sell their copies in the first week...but GnR is not most artists.? And, if you look at their albums, they tend to sell very well over the long term....much better than in comparison to most artists.? So it's not like it defies all logic to do something like this.? It's risky, to be sure, but.....

Universal, given the money they've made of GH, etc, might very well be willing to engage in a risky alternative marketing plan with this release.? Actually, it makes perfect sense to use THIS release, all things considered, as a boilerplate for something different.?

And to those decrying no promotion.....think about what we're discussing here.? Think about what we've been discussing for the past month or so.? There IS promotion going on...it's certainly non-traditional (and, in essence, cheap as hell for the label) kind of promotion, but it's definitely occuring.

That's a fair point but to me you can't really compare GH to CD. GH is an album full of timeless classics. There wasn't a need for much promotion because these songs promote theirselves. CD is different because its completely new material being released 15 years after the last studio album and it's recorded by an entirely different band. The general public isn't going to know what to expect of it until they start hearing music. Which means there will be a lot of downloads.

I think you bring up a lot of fair points, but I wouldn't consider what is going on here promotion. The people here are diehards so of course everyone is going to react to the slightest hint of CD being released. The question is, is it enough to make the general public care?
Both good posts.  But I agree with pilferk, there is not a pressing need for mass promotion.  If the CD is good enough it'll sell on its own through time.  Us hardcore fans all know the album has been in the works for the last 13 years, so there's no need to promote to us.  The casual fan from the late 80'/early 90's may not be aware.  But if the album is released and a single is dropped the song WILL be heard by anyone who listens to radio/music.  Word will get out there.  There's no need for Axl to show up on Kimmel, Late Night, Tonight Show, Oprah.  Let the music speak for itself.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #228 on: November 02, 2006, 07:06:35 PM »

What terrible music there playing, Cinderella  Embarrassed

Cinderella was one of the most talented groups to come out of that era.  Just listen to some of the albums and you'll know what I'm talking about.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #229 on: November 02, 2006, 07:07:52 PM »

i hope we get something soon regarding the album cause im starting to go crazy here. Im checking this site every afternoon

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #230 on: November 02, 2006, 07:41:55 PM »

What terrible music there playing, Cinderella? Embarrassed

Cinderella was one of the most talented groups to come out of that era.? Just listen to some of the albums and you'll know what I'm talking about.

I was trying to resist getting into that type of discussion when I read that post too, but I can't help myself. Yes, Cinderalla along with Tesla are two of the most underrated and talented groups of that era.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
xj220
Headliner

TWAT=goodness

« Reply #231 on: November 02, 2006, 08:30:24 PM »

Final Countdown by Europe, that's all I need to say.

"Face it, if crime did not pay there would be very few criminals." -Laughton Lewis Burdock
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #232 on: November 02, 2006, 09:15:10 PM »

What does that song or group have to do with this thread?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #233 on: November 03, 2006, 08:22:09 AM »

What does that song or group have to do with this thread?

They play it on Hair Nation.....it goes back to the post that they play terrible music.

Although off topic, I'll say this:? They do play some terrible music (and no, I don't consider Cinderella to be terrible).? MOST of it is pretty good, but some of it is the worst of the genre.? I think they do it on purpose though....I mean..c'mon.? Looking back at the music of the era that would be played on the station, you can't take yourself TOO seriously with some of it.? If I'm listening to the station and something like "Final countdown" comes on I actually start smiling.? It's almost like the DJ just told everyone an inside joke...with a wink wink and a nudge nudge.

Oh, and I've listened to HN almost exclusively yesterday and this morning on my rides to and from work (I'm now having Howard withdrawals!)....no further mention of CD that I've heard.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #234 on: November 03, 2006, 08:32:51 AM »

It's awesome to have as a ringtone though.  hihi

If anyone ever watched Arrested Development, it's a great song in general.

But on topic:  It's really odd that they picked the 7th out of the blue.  Usually when radio DJs get a release date for CD, it's coming from articles or the forums.  However, I've never seen anyone else mention the 7th.  Not only that, but if it was indeed the 7th, we'd have caught wind of something by now.  It would be in articles and stuff and probably even be leaked by this point.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
FortusGNR21
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #235 on: November 03, 2006, 08:34:29 AM »

What terrible music there playing, Cinderella Embarrassed

Could be worse, they could play Winger! ok

Hey, come on now, they COULD be playing Great White!! ROCK ME!!!!!!!  rofl

I kinda like Cinderella, and Warrant!!

I get up around 7, get outta bed around 9, and I don't worry bout nothin no because worryin's a waste of my fuckin time!
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #236 on: November 03, 2006, 08:58:09 AM »

It's awesome to have as a ringtone though.? :hihi:If anyone ever watched Arrested Development, it's a great song in general.

ahah, GOB! ahahah man that show was funny !

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #237 on: November 03, 2006, 11:11:51 AM »

It's awesome to have as a ringtone though.  hihi

Haha... funny you should mention. Our Pistons here in Detroit use it as their entrance theme for each home game. I have a friend who's a HUGE Pistons fan and I actually have it set as her ringer in my phone.

Other then that I have no use for the song. Actually that song OR "Carrie" are useless to me.  hihi

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #238 on: November 03, 2006, 09:34:30 PM »

It's awesome to have as a ringtone though.? hihi

Haha... funny you should mention. Our Pistons here in Detroit use it as their entrance theme for each home game. I have a friend who's a HUGE Pistons fan and I actually have it set as her ringer in my phone.

Other then that I have no use for the song. Actually that song OR "Carrie" are useless to me.? hihi
The Final Countdown is a great song.  There's a cover band that plays all the hair nation classics that my friends and I go to see when they're around (Aquanett if anyone's interested), the play a great Countdown.  They also do Sweet Child and Paradise City, and I've heard them do Used to Love Her acoustic. 

Anyway, that's not the point of this post.  I got a reply today from a DJ at Sirius, and before anyone gets excited she didn't have an answer.  But, she did respond, which was cool.  Robyn Lane from Buzzsaw.  I heard her say she had some news about Guns back in April.  I e-mailed her then and she got back to me and told me they'd be announcing some shows in the next few days.  Sure enough, 2 days later the Hammerstein shows were announced.  So I thought I'd try her out again.  She had a witty response.

Jay

Axl and his management change their stories more than I change my panties.  At
last check, "Chinese Democracy" will be out before the end of 2006.

I'll keep you posted.

All my best,
Robyn

So I don't see how the DJ's at Hair Nation would know something that the DJ's at Buzzsaw didn't.  Take it for what it's worth, which isn't much.  Sorry if that was all just a waste of time.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #239 on: November 03, 2006, 11:24:39 PM »

That's cool, man.  I thought this was a pretty good thread.

From that reply, do you get the impression that management maybe planted the idea of November 7th into the collective heads of Sirius DJ's?

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: