Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:33:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread  (Read 264842 times)
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1400 on: September 26, 2011, 05:28:29 PM »

It's got some pretty cool rockers

Deff a great Nick Sterlin vibe on the record as from the man himself.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1401 on: September 27, 2011, 12:46:36 PM »

I can't find the vinyl LP anywhere around Detroit today and that makes me sad.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1402 on: September 27, 2011, 01:36:35 PM »

Cool From an interview with Sebastian:

When asked what fans can expect, BACH believes that they won?t be disappointed. ?If you like the first album, Skid Row, Slave to the Grind, Angel Down and even Sub Human Race then you will like Kicking & Screaming. I?ve listened to it a million times so I know it?s good. There is also a deluxe edition with an hour long DVD called As Long As I Got The Music with live footage from the GUNS N? ROSES tour from all over the world. It also has three videos for this record which include Kicking & Screaming, I?m Alive and Tunnel Vision. I also made a vinyl album with a gatefold sleeve. It?sthe first vinyl record I?ve done since 1990,? he laughs. ?It was so much fun!?

Right about now our conversation gets even funnier. With three attempts at asking BACH what new fans can expect from this album and what message he would like to send, (he blames my accent); he finally answers the question. ?The new fans need to get into NICK STERLING. I?ve been doing this for over twenty years so you guys all know SEBASTIAN BACH. You know what I do and what I sound like, look like and what I?m about. Nick (Sterling) has never done this at this level. To me, it reminds me when OZZY (OSBOURNE) had RANDY RHOADS in the band. It?s exactly like that to me.  Nick?s like the young, good looking, super talent prodigy guitar player and I?m like the old crazy fucking wild man,? he laughs hysterically. You all know me, you all know I?m nuts and you know I?m crazy! I?m this crazy motherfucker and he?s like this angel from heaven with this beautiful guitar and you know; it?s a good combination.?

http://sludgefactory.com.au/sebastian-bach-kicking-screaming-his-way-down-under

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1403 on: September 29, 2011, 11:10:54 PM »

If some of u haven't bought this yet. Do it, u won't be disappointed. it is fucking amazing!!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1404 on: September 30, 2011, 11:51:29 AM »

Sebastian is interviewed by Opie & Anthony. hihi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEoqyP5dTAA

And some performance footage of a couple of the new songs:

Sebastian Bach - I'm Alive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRh6RM_DZq0

Caught In A Dream

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSk5EIk1Cw8

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1405 on: October 02, 2011, 01:11:02 PM »

Sep 28, 2011

Bach in business
WITH HIS HEAVY NEW ALBUM, KICKING & SCREAMING, SEBASTIAN BACH IS STILL MAKING DREAMS COME TRUE

So, despite his success, does Bach still feel like he?s fighting to make his dreams come true?

?There is one real dream that I have and that?s to go on tour as a solo artist the way I could with Skid Row. Everyone is asking me when I?m playing here and I say, ?I?ll fucking play here anytime.? But a lot of the promoters are so into this reunion tour stuff. They?d rather have a band with the name even if it doesn?t include the original members. And everyone just goes and waves their beer in the air. That?s just not me. Not me at all. I?m more into the content of what I?m doing than the form of it.

?I?m always dangled this carrot, like, ?If you get back with the old band, we?ll give you this.? And it?s like, I?m not getting back with the fucking old band. Maybe I will someday but it?s not happening now.? Ozzy was able to become Ozzy after he left Black Sabbath. I can still tour but the promoters are just so into this fucking reunion thing. So I fight against that all the time.?

http://www.nowtoronto.com/daily/music/story.cfm?content=182876

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1406 on: October 03, 2011, 12:24:29 PM »

A fun video Q&A with Sebastian, he talks about Axl in part 2:

SEBASTIAN BACH's Q&A Session At Sweden's ROCKM?SSAN (Video) - Oct. 3, 2011

Video: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=164087

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1407 on: October 03, 2011, 03:30:11 PM »

I just got the new CD, it's good.  Stand out songs for me were "I'm Alive" and "Dirty Power", I liked those a lot.  "Jumping Of The Wagon" is a nice bonus.

"Dance On Your Grave" was a little harsh. hihi

I haven't gotten to the DVD yet but from the description it was probably worth getting the deluxe edition.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1408 on: October 05, 2011, 03:27:33 PM »

SEBASTIAN BACH: 'Kicking & Screaming' First-Week Sales Revealed - Oct. 5, 2011

"Kicking & Screaming", the new album from former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach, sold 6,600 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 73 on The Billboard 200 chart. The singer's previous CD, "Angel Down", opened with 6,400 units back in November 2007 to debut at No. 190.

"Angel Down" has shifted 43,000 copies in the U.S. so far, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=164210

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1409 on: October 09, 2011, 11:56:55 AM »

Sebastian never looses his temper. hihi

Sebastian Bach Berates And Ejects A Fan

Raleigh, NC September 10, 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrBqgPUo9_g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_vwiKbEbZI

SEBASTIAN BACH: If You Flip Me The Bird, You'd Better Be Prepared For My Reaction - Oct. 8, 2011

In late September, Burnzy of 93 Rock (WRQE 93.5 FM), the mainstream rock radio station serving the Northeast Wisconsin area, conducted an interview with Sebastian Bach. You can now listen to the chat below.

When asked about the video clip that surfaced last month in which Bach can be seen ejecting an apparently abusive "fan" during the former SKID ROW frontman's September 10, 2011 concert in Raleigh, North Carolina, Sebastian said, "It's not very representative of the concert; that was a great concert. It's just that, if you look at that clip? I know what you're talking about; it's on Blabbermouth. The guy walks up and just has his middle finger raised in my face. And I don't know about you, but when somebody comes up and flips me the bird, I don't really like it, and if they're gonna do that, they'd better be prepared for my reaction. [laughs] If you wanna come up to me and stick your middle finger out in my face, you'd better be ready for what I'm gonna do. If you wanna play a game like that, I can play games, too."

In the video below, which was filmed during the above-mentioned Raleigh concert, you can see an audience member down front giving Bach the finger (at the 2:19 and 2:40 marks), which prompted the rocker to get security to step in and take the unruly "fan" out of the crowd.

Around the three-minute, 18-second mark, Bach calls the guy out: "Come here. Come here, motherfucker. Get the fuck out of here. I want this guy to get the fuck right out of here. Fuck you. Fuck you. Get the fuck out of here. Goodbye. Get him out! You're a fucking asshole. Fuck you. Get him out of here or I'll fucking get him the fuck out of here. Goodbye."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=164378

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1410 on: October 10, 2011, 01:36:13 PM »

Sebastian is thinking of writing a book, I wonder what it will be called -- and he's confirmed he doesn't have rabies. hihi

Sebastian Bach still screaming

October 9, 2011   

Not surprisingly, given the number of stories he has, Bach said he's hoping to write his memoirs sooner than later, with Larry Sloman, the same man who helped pen Scar Tissue, the autobiography of Red Hot Chili Peppers singer Anthony Kiedis.

"I went to Peterborough to deal with my dad's estate, and pack up his art and put it in a truck and drive it to New Jersey -- and it was pure misery," he said. "So that was a rough day. One of my friends wanted to sing a song to me, a song at the microphone, and (Kakouros) wouldn't let her. I ended up tackled up from behind so the only thing I could do, of course, was bite the dude. I had to go and take a rabies test to make sure I didn't have communicable diseases. I'm happy to say I am rabies free. I'm not rabid."

Continue here: http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Artists/B/Bach_Sebastian/2011/10/07/18795101.html

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1411 on: October 12, 2011, 11:24:35 PM »

All Charges Against SEBASTIAN BACH Dropped In Peterborough Assault Case - Oct. 12, 2011

According to The Peterborough Examiner, all charges against former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach were dropped Tuesday morning (October 11) in a Peterborough, Ontario, Canada court at the request of the Crown, citing no reasonable prospect of conviction.

Bach was charged assault, possession of marijuana and mischief on November 15, 2010 after he allegedly bit the hand of a bartender trying to throw him out of Riley's Olde Towne Pub in Peterborough.

A surveillance video posted on TMZ.com showed the singer smashing his wine glass on the ground morning and walking towards the entrance of the establishment after he was asked to the leave the bar due to his allegedly rowdy behavior.

A staff member reported Bach bit him on the hand while he was trying to restrain Bach until police arrived.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=164578

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1412 on: October 13, 2011, 02:17:43 PM »

This was really funny! And you don't have to be a huge Bas fan to think so  hihi

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1413 on: October 14, 2011, 12:33:54 PM »

Interview: Sebastian Bach Speaks His Mind About New Album ?Kicking & Screaming?

Read more: Interview: Sebastian Bach Speaks His Mind About New Album ?Kicking & Screaming?

Video: http://streetdate.radio.com/2011/10/13/interview-sebastian-bach-speaks-his-mind-about-new-album-kicking-screaming/#ixzz1alq5c1Tz

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1414 on: October 14, 2011, 12:34:59 PM »

This was really funny! And you don't have to be a huge Bas fan to think so  hihi

Yeah, even his probably inappropriate Jani Lane joke was funny.

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1415 on: October 14, 2011, 05:39:27 PM »

Huge fan of Sebastian Bach, but kinda disappointed with the new album

Oh My God i cant deny this...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1416 on: October 14, 2011, 10:25:14 PM »

Its not as good as Angel Down... thats for sure

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1417 on: October 15, 2011, 02:51:33 PM »

Its not as good as Angel Down... thats for sure

The reviews have been really good.  But I think, especially around here, the songs with Axl on Angel Down were so good, they're missed on the new album.

From Sebastian:

Interview with Sebastian Bach: "Kicking and Screaming"

Oct 14, 2011

Bach Talks About his Collaborations on this Record
On collaborating with guitarist John 5 on ?Tunnelvision,? Bach says, ?that was cool. John 5 wanted to hear me on the radio now.?

On working with Nick Sterling, Bach states, ?he?s a young dude, and a great writer. He?s a young child prodigy and guitar player. He is the best guitar player that I could find, and I wasn?t going to eliminate him just because he was too young. He?s the best guitar player I have ever worked with.?

On working with producer Bob Marlette, Bach underscores, ?he did a great job! He?s very clean digitally, and in the studio, he made us play as tight as we could. He?s a great songwriter as well, since he wrote a few tunes with me, including the title track and ?Dirty Power.? People really love these two songs on the record. Bob helped us write those, and I would love to work with him again for sure.?

Bach Talks About ?My Own Worst Enemy?
Regarding his single ?My Own Worst Enemy,? Bach states, ?this is one of my favorite tunes on the record. I am really looking forward to doing that one live.?

Bach Talks About ?I?m Alive?
??I?m Alive? is a really poignant and a different-sounding song. The melodies in that song blow me away. Nick came to me with that song, and asked me if I liked it. I don?t understand how he could write like that melodically, being as young as he is. He?s young in age, but he?s an old soul. That song to me doesn?t sound like a teenager could write it. Sure enough he did! You can?t tell where a good song comes from. It sounds far more mature and beyond his years. I love that song. It blows me away!? Bach exclaims.

?Wishin? is an incredible song as well. To me, good songs are rare! I just want to make the best CD that I can. That?s why I love working with Nick,? the rock star adds.

Sebastian Bach Reveals his Most Personal Song
Regarding his most personal songs on the record, he reveals ??I?m Alive? and ?Wishin?.? I sing ?Wishin?? to my kids. Life is so far from perfect, and sometimes the plans that we make don?t turn out as we pictured them. Going through a divorce, and singing that to my kids, is probably my most personal song.?

Bach Talks About Recording in the Studio and Singing Live
On recording in the studio vs. singing live, Bach states, ?Live I get so excited that sometimes I run around and jump up and down. My challenge now live is to learn how to sing brand new songs.?

?In the studio, there are fewer variables involved. Lots of things can go crazy on stage. Recording in the studio is like painting a picture. You can be a little more creative there. You can try out ideas and see what sounds the best. It?s like a form of immortality. That?ll be around long after we?re gone. Performing live is like going to the circus,? Bach says with a laugh.

Bach Talks About his Pre-Show Rituals
Regarding his pre-show rituals, Bach reveals, ?I warm up my voice doing scales for every show. I do my sit-ups and my push-ups and I eat the same food, such as salmon, since I need my energy.?

Bach Discusses his Future Plans
On his plans for the future, Bach shares, ?I want to go on tour, and establish myself with this record, and as a solo recording artist. Now, I really want to establish myself as a ?touring guy,?? he laughs.

Bach Talks About Frontiers Records
On his record label, Frontiers Records, he says, ?they did a great job. Everything they do is top quality. That is what I really appreciate. The packaging looks great and so does the sound. They gave me a real producer and a real budget. I am extremely lucky to be with them.?

Bach Talks About Staying Connected with Fans
?I think Facebook is where you find your friends, and Twitter is where you get to know them. I use Facebook more for announcing news, and Twitter for tweeting,? he says.

Bach?s Alternate Career Choice
When asked about his alternate career choices, if he weren?t a musician, Bach responds, ?I have no idea.? ?This is all I?ve ever done. Perhaps open a comic book store or something,? Bach says with a laugh.

Bach has starred in such Broadway shows as The Rocky Horror Picture Show and Jekyll and Hyde. ?These were something that I never thought I could do. It felt great to do something that was very unexpected,? he admits.

Bach?s Proudest Professional Moments
Throughout his career, Bach notes that he is proud of doing the Jekyll and Hyde production, as well as his Kicking and Screaming CD. ?Those are the two things that stick out. Also, when Slave to the Grind [with Skid Row] debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200 Charts in 1991,? he adds.

In his spare time, Bach notes that he enjoys running and skiing, as well as hanging out with his children and going to the beach.

Bach Advises Hopefuls in Rock Music
For hopefuls that wish to go into rock music, Bach recommends, ?if you really want to rock, I would take lessons. That always helps!?

For his loyal fans, Bach concludes, ?check out the deluxe DVD edition. It?s an hour-long DVD with live footage. It?s really fun and cool. It?s available in stores. I hope to see you on the road really soon.?

http://markospapadatos.suite101.com/interview-with-sebastian-bach-kicking-and-screaming-a392967

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1418 on: October 16, 2011, 04:16:45 PM »

Just a bit of trivia, when Sebastian was homeless due to hurricane Irene, he stayed at Matt Sorum's house.  That was nice of Matt -- I didn't know they were that close. Smiley

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1419 on: October 16, 2011, 06:12:54 PM »

Well, not just the Axl songs but By Your Side and Falling Into You are amazing songs.

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 75 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: