Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:13:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread  (Read 262672 times)
overmatik
« Reply #1440 on: January 28, 2012, 08:24:35 PM »

SEBASTIAN BACH And STEVE STEVENS: New York City Performances To Be Webcast

Former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach will play three "special concerts" in New York City at the end of January with BILLY IDOL guitarist Steve Stevens. The shows will take place on January 27, January 28 and January 29 at at The Iridium and will see Bach and Stevens "doing two sets a night," including "some special unexpected songs." Sebastian says, "I have always wanted to play with Steve, so I am really looking forward to it."

The two January 28 performances will be webcast live at www.iridiumlive.net beginning at 8 p.m. and 10 p.m.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=168434

Gig is just about to begin.  beer
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1441 on: January 29, 2012, 10:51:52 AM »

SEBASTIAN BACH, STEVE STEVENS Perform BILLY IDOL, VAN HALEN Covers In NYC (Video) - Jan. 28, 2012

Former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach is playing three "special concerts" in New York City with BILLY IDOL guitarist Steve Stevens. The shows are taking place on January 27, January 28 and January 29 at The Iridium and feature Bach and Stevens "doing two sets a night," including "some special unexpected songs."

Video footage of Bach and Stevens performing cover versions of BILLY IDOL's "Rebel Yell" and VAN HALEN's "Hot For Teacher" can be seen below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=168924

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1442 on: February 01, 2012, 03:03:51 PM »

McGinnis: Rocker Sebastian Bach returns to Toledo

January 31st, 2012

?I?ve had some great shows in Toledo and some not-so-great shows,? Bach said in an interview with Toledo Free Press Star. ?The best one that I can remember playing in Toledo was [with] Guns N? Roses in, I think, ?91 or ?92 at the racetrack, down in the dirt. It was a very intense scene ? it was about 50,000 people, but the whole perimeter of the concert was nothing but police.

?I remember being onstage and looking, and seeing the crowd surrounded by police cars, with the sirens and the cherries going off the whole time. And it looked like a war zone ? it looked like Altamont or something. It was like very intense, there was a heavy vibe in the air ? there was definitely an air of danger about that gig.?

In contrast, Bach also remembers his last stop in Toledo, performing at Headliners in late 2006 ? the kind of show which most rock stars would much sooner like to forget.

?We went there on a day off, on the Guns N? Roses tour,? he said. ?There was maybe 15 people at the gig. It was very ?Spinal Tap.? And I said to myself, ?I?ll probably never play Toledo again in my life.? And that?s what I honestly thought. But I?m coming back! Here we go! Let?s do it again!

?Maybe this show will be, like, a happy medium between the Mud Bowl and Headliners? gig. That would be fine with me,? he said.

The veteran rocker has some reason to be optimistic ? his latest album, ?Kicking and Screaming,? has been well-received by critics and fans. But, he said, commercial success is not why he still travels America?s highways year after year.

?I mean, it?s just fun. Singing is fun. It?s very cathartic, if I?ve had a rotten day or I miss my girlfriend or something on the road, touring across the country, being on a tour bus, being in hotel rooms ? getting onstage and singing is very cathartic. It feels good. And if I do it right, it feels really, really good.

?I don?t do it as a job. I do it because I love the music that I sing, and I love to sing it.?

Bach?s music ? the hard-driving metal that has been a trademark since the early days of Skid Row ? has fallen on hard times in recent years, with mainstream radio drifting more and more toward teenybopper pop and toothless rock. But Bach points out that through it all, metal has retained a remarkable level of staying power.

?The thing about hard rock and heavy metal is, once it gets in your soul, there?s really no music that?s like that. It?s just such hard-driving riffs and vibe. I can?t put in a Katy Perry song and feel the same way as a Black Sabbath song. As far as metal goes, there?s no music like that,? Bach said.

?There?s been so many genres over my career of 25 years that have come and gone, and it?s like Jack Black says, ?You can?t kill the metal.? Techno tried and failed. Punk tried and punk died. Grunge tried and grunge went away. There?s been so many kinds of flavor-of-the-month styles that have come and gone, but heavy metal ? the songs last the test of time.?

That?s not to say that the modern music scene hasn?t been a struggle for a die-hard metal icon like Bach.

?There?s no radio anymore for rock ?n? roll,? Bach said. ?There?s like 15,000 or 17,000 stations in America, FM stations, and only 70 of them play rock ?n? roll. And most of them play rock ?n? roll from 20 years ago.

?So a guy like me, I can?t walk down the street because everybody freaks out because they all know me, but it?s almost impossible for me to get a brand-new song on the radio, because I?m too rock ?n? roll for Nickelback stations. So I don?t fit in with that, but the stations that do play me can?t stop playing ?I Remember You? or ?18 and Life.? They just can?t fathom that there?s another song like that.?

As for Toledo, Bach issued a challenge to Glass City metalheads for Feb. 3.

?Well, No. 1, I hope they show up, because they didn?t last time,? he joked. ?I was very surprised I?m even playing there.

?So, impress me, Toledo. Let?s see what you got!?

http://www.toledofreepress.com/2012/01/31/mcginnis-rocker-sebastian-bach-returns-to-toledo/

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1443 on: February 01, 2012, 10:41:30 PM »

SEBASTIAN BACH, STEVE STEVENS Perform AC/DC, AEROSMITH, QUEEN Covers In NYC (Video) - Feb. 1, 2012

Former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach played three "special concerts" in New York City with BILLY IDOL guitarist Steve Stevens. The shows took place on January 27, January 28 and January 29 at The Iridium and featured Bach and Stevens "doing two sets a night," including "some special unexpected songs."

Video footage of Bach and Stevens performing cover versions of songs by AC/DC, JIMI HENDRIX, QUEEN, AEROSMITH, SKID ROW, VAN HALEN and BILLY IDOL can be seen below. They were accompanied at the show by Pete Thorn on second guitar, Neil Jason on bass and Anton Fig on drums.

Videos: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=169095

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1444 on: February 07, 2012, 09:43:12 AM »

It seems Sebastian is frustrated that "it?s almost impossible for me to get a brand-new song on the radio, because I?m too rock ?n? roll for Nickelback stations."  From a new interview:

February 7, 2012

AVC: Yeah, but that?s the radio landscape now.

Sebastian Bach: That?s what I?m saying. I would like to say to every radio programmer reading this: ?You are a fucking pussy. You are not a rock fan. You are hustling nostalgia and you have no balls and you suck.? That?s what I would like to say.

http://www.avclub.com/chicago/articles/sebastian-bach,68901/

overmatik
« Reply #1445 on: February 11, 2012, 08:46:08 PM »

According to Steve Stevens Facebook page he is going to join Sebastian and a bunch of rock stars to tour South America in April. The project is called "Titans of Rock" and the line up is:

Duff McKagan (Guns N? Roses)
Joe Elliot (Def Leppard)
Gilby Clarke (Guns N? Roses)
Ed Roland (Collective Soul)
Steve Stevens (Billy Idol)
Glenn Hughes (Deep Purple)
Matt Sorum (Guns N? Roses)
Jason Newsted (Metallica)
Sebastian Bach (Skid Row)
Vince Neil (M?tley Cr?e)
Gene Simmons (Kiss)

The dates confirmed are: 4/19-Lima, Peru, 4/21-Sao Luis, Brazil, 4/22-Sao Paulo, Brazil, 4/24- Paraguay, 4/26- Buenos Aires, Argentina, 4/28- Santiago Chile, 4/30- Guatemala city, Guatemala, 5/2- San Jose, Costa Rica

Source: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Official-Steve-Stevens/107128669315143

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1446 on: February 25, 2012, 05:12:23 PM »

SEBASTIAN BACH Shoots New TV Pilot - Feb. 24, 2012

Former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach filmed a TV pilot on Wednesday for "Beverly Hills Rock Royalty", a proposed show based on Royal Order, one of the most extensive jewelry lines on the market today designed by former model and rock singer Cheryl Rixon Davis. Bach ? who shares a Los Angeles residence with Cheryl and her husband, club owner Art Davis ? states, "We have such a cool scene at the house and Royal Order jewelry store! Cheryl outfits the stars like KISS, M?TLEY CR?E, Will.I.Am, DEF LEPPARD, GUNS N' ROSES and me! Only the best! Look out for 'Beverly Hills Rock Royalty' on your TV screen SOON!!"

Photo: http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=170252

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1447 on: March 02, 2012, 12:23:40 PM »

Sebastian is having a bad hair day. Cheesy

Sebastian Bach in South America Tour APRIL 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtmByxVaeyU

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1448 on: March 03, 2012, 04:26:13 PM »

From Sebastian:

February 2012

ToddStar: You are known for classic songs. It's funny - my wife is a huge country fan and a Poison fan. I took her to see Poison in Detroit when you were touring with them a couple of years ago and she has always referred to you as the "Bad Kid Song" - meaning "Youth Gone Wild" - but you are known for these songs. If you had to go back in your repertoire of Skid Row stuff or Last Hard Men stuff, are there any songs you would love to throw into the live set now that you really haven't done before?

Sebastian: Let me think about that. It would be "Wishing" off the new record. You know, I don't really think about what I did 20 years ago. I mean people always ask me about that, like, I don't walk around thinking about 1991 in 2012. I don't know who does really. I don't really think about that. The song I want to do, like really bad, is "Wishing" off the new record. It's a ballad. These songs are very challenging and I have been doing those Skid Row songs all my life, so my muscle memory when I am singing a song like "I Remember You," I have been doing it all my life, so I know how to do it, but these new songs are fresh and it's gonna take a lot of rehearsal to get a song like "Wishing" ready to play live. I would have to have my band for like a week playing all the songs off the new record to play them perfect. We do a lot of the new songs live, like "Kicking And Screaming." That song live just totally kicks ass. It's unbelievable. We are gonna try to do as many as we can. They are challenging to play. They are harder to play.

ToddStar: You have mentioned two of my three favorites from the new disc, the third being "Tunnelvision."

Sebastian: That shit is so heavy. When I listen to that, I picture Gene Simmons in the Hotter Than Hell costume playing that riff. I don't know why I picture that, but it just sounds like an old cool Kiss riff. Just a cool rock vibe. I wrote that with John 5 from Rob Zombie's band.

ToddStar: He's a Detroit guy too. There has been so much talked about over the years with you and Skid Row and I would really like to avoid that. If Sebastian Bach of 2012 were to run into Sebastian Bach of 1986, what advice would you give yourself, looking back?

Sebastian: I would say don't cheat on the one you love. That may not be the answer you were expecting. As I got older, I realized how much love means. You know, being with a beautiful woman, which I am now, I would never cheat on my new girlfriend ever, but that would be my advice. That's something Alice Cooper said to me. You know, guys go out on the road and it's expected that they fuck a million chicks and that?s kinda what is expected. Girls expect it too. It's crazy to be in a heavy metal band on tour. A lot of guys? it's not hard to get laid being the lead singer of a heavy metal band. It's actually quite easy. Alice and I were talking about it and he said, "Sebastian, I see guys." He sees guys in his band that have girlfriends or wives and they go out on the road and cheat on their wives. Alice is like, "For what? An orgasm? You are going to jeopardize everything that means something to you just to have an orgasm?" The way he put it was like super heavy and super poignant, because Motley Crue is like the exact opposite. Like Gene Simmons, it was, "I fuck 2,000 women and I have the Polaroid's of all of them." That's not really a good way to live. I mean, you'll end up alone in the end. That would be my advice, if you have a girl you love, don't cheat on her, don't do that. I have a girl I love very much and I would never dream of doing that to her.

Continue here: http://www.therockpit.net/2012-Articles-Interviews/Interview-Sebastian-Bach-Feb-2012.php
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 04:28:05 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1449 on: March 15, 2012, 12:32:46 PM »

From his new Adults Only show:

This wasn't supposed to happen! From Official "Adults Only" this is a blooper. I thought it was a real door!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrmPddHndHg

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1450 on: March 29, 2012, 04:14:20 PM »

SEBASTIAN BACH's 'Best Story Ever' (Video) - Mar. 29, 2012

What happens when legendary producer Rick Rubin, David Lee Roth (VAN HALEN), Axl Rose (GUNS N' ROSES) and Sebastian Bach (SKID ROW) are in a car together? In the two-minute video below, Sebastian reveals the details for his "best story ever" (clip courtesy of CBC's of "George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight" show).

In an October 2011 interview with the QMI Agency, Bach stated about meeting David Lee Roth, "There was a knock on the door ? bang, bang, bang ? and he sticks his head in and goes, 'Sebastian?' And I go, 'Oh, my God! It's David Lee Roth.' And he sits next to me and I go 'Hey Dave, you want to roll up a joint?' And he goes 'Sebastian, you do the honours.' But then that night he took me and Axl to the Rainbow and Rick Rubin drove the car. And can I remember sitting next to Axl in the back seat of Rick Rubin's car throwing up going down Sunset Boulevard, and him holding my hair. I was puking out the door."

Video here: http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=171963

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1451 on: April 05, 2012, 02:09:34 PM »

Undecided

Adults Only: Episode 6 w/Sebastian "Shifty" Bach

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzXmxhuj5DE

gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1452 on: May 21, 2012, 02:50:33 PM »

What happend to Nick Sterlin? did he leave??? a new guitarist was anounced a few days ago!
wtf...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1453 on: May 23, 2012, 01:25:08 AM »

What happend to Nick Sterlin? did he leave??? a new guitarist was anounced a few days ago!
wtf...
Baz tweeted this link out earlier today.

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=174355&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Guitarist NICK STERLING Says He Will Rejoin SEBASTIAN BACH For Upcoming European Tour - May 22, 2012

Nick Sterling, who played guitar, and co-wrote many of the songs, on Sebastian Bach's latest album, "Kicking & Screaming", has released the following statement regarding his absence from Sebastian's current U.S. shows:

"Hey everyone, just to clear everything up, I will be touring again with Sebastian Bach for the upcoming Europe tour. There was a scheduling conflict that kept me from performing at the last three shows but Andy Wood [who previously played in the Knoxville, Tennessee hard rock band DOWN FROM UP] did a fantastic job filling in. He's a great player! I'm really looking forward to getting back on stage with the band!"

Shortly after joining forces with Sterling in 2009, Bach stated about the young guitarist, "After searching for 'my Randy Rhoads' for the last couple of decades, I am very excited to introduce to you a guitar player whom I feel has what it takes to take on the world of rock n' roll and beyond...

"After flipping through an issue of Guitar World magazine (good place to find guitar players, it turns out!), I saw an ad for an amplifier that featured Nick Sterling. After I found Nick's web sites, I could not believe how talented this guy was... He sings, plays all guitars and basses, and all the drums on his recordings! Now that's something I know very few people are capable of. His songs rock, he plays great... I was very interested in making some music with this dude. I contacted him through his MySpace page, and soon we were emailing song ideas back and forth.

"Nick is younger than I am. The reason I dig his tunes is that, to me, rock 'n' roll is all about the spirit of the 'youth gone wild,' and honestly, some musicians, as they get older, tend to 'write older.' I am simply far too in love with rock n' roll, still, to change my 'musical direction' right now. I just want to keep making albums that have tons of energy, are melodic, cool, groovin' and fit into the catalog of what I have put out so far. Nick's songs and vibe fit perfectly alongside such tracks as 'Youth Gone Wild', '18 & Life', etc."

Bassist Jason Christopher ? who filled in for Shawn Economaki during STONE SOUR's spring 2011 tour and who previously played with SLIPKNOT/STONE SOUR frontman Corey Taylor in the JUNK BEER KIDNAP BAND ? recently joined Bach's solo group.

Bach completed a short run of North American dates in February and took part in the Rock 'N' Roll Allstars tour, which hit the road in South America in late April.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
fTw777
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1454 on: May 24, 2012, 05:51:16 PM »

Former SEBASTIAN BACH Drummer MARK 'BAM BAM' MCCONNELL Dies - May 24, 2012

Drummer Mark "Bam Bam" McConnell, who was a member of former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach's touring band from 1997 to 2005, passed away this morning (Thursday, May 24) in a Gainesville, Florida hospital. According to unconfirmed online reports, the musician's liver and kidneys had shut down, which led to partial brain damage.

A relative of Mark's wrote on Facebook, "Mark passed at 9:42 this morning surrounded by family and close friends. We will miss him?he was precious to all of us and touched all our hearts deeply and profoundly. On behalf of our family, thank you to all of you for your prayers and support. We will post more info when we've had a chance to catch our breaths."

Bam Bam's wife Rikki McConnell wrote: "My sweet, beautiful best friend and husband. I miss you SO much and so do Sara and Patch. I'll take good care of them. My time with you was way too short but what an adventure! WOW! I'LL LOVE YOU ALWAYS AND ALWAYS! You'll forever be in my heart!!! XOXOXOXOX."

It was only yesterday that Bach urged everyone to "say a prayer" for Bam Bam, calling McConnell "an amazing drummer and lifelong friend." He added, "We love you, Bam Bam. You can kick this in the ass just like you play your drums!! Fight hard, buddy. We all wanna rock with you. We love ya, dude."

In a 1999 interview, Bach stated about McConnell, "He is on fire. When we toured in '98 with PANTERA, Vinnie Paul was like, 'Man, how many fuckin' pieces does your drummer have?' And for Vinnie Paul to say that. . . And Mark has always been a powerhouse. I am the luckiest guy in the world because I have Anton Fig from David Letterman's band on all of the studio tracks for 'Bring 'Em Bach Alive' and Mark on all of the live stuff, two of the greatest drummers in the world."

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=174463
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1455 on: June 21, 2012, 07:33:11 PM »

It looks like Sebastian and Minnie are engaged...

VIDEO: Hanging With Sebastian Bach (And His Fianc?e)

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/video-hanging-with-sebastian-bach-and-his-fiancee/

Chief
Legend

« Reply #1456 on: July 13, 2012, 02:20:20 PM »

SEBASTIAN BACH Issues Open Letter To SKID ROW - "If You Want To Try And Get Out Of The Internet Bullshit And Come Together For The Sake Of The Fans, You Can Give Me A Call"

http://www.bravewords.com/news/186782#.T_8pqo61nQM

interesting!!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #1457 on: July 13, 2012, 04:00:04 PM »

SEBASTIAN BACH Issues Open Letter To SKID ROW - "If You Want To Try And Get Out Of The Internet Bullshit And Come Together For The Sake Of The Fans, You Can Give Me A Call"

http://www.bravewords.com/news/186782#.T_8pqo61nQM

interesting!!!!

I read through this letter on FB, and think that Sebastian is putting it all out there. It does seem like he's having some sort of mid-life episode, and feels this is the only chance he has of saying it all, and letting the opportunity for things to happen present itself.

I do find it interesting as I remember Baz saying that a Skid Row reunion would never happen, and that he's moved on etc. But it seems like he has taken a U turn, and has decided to lay the foundations for one to happen.

Let's see what comes of this... Cheesy
JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #1458 on: August 18, 2012, 06:41:23 PM »

Sebastian Bach fires guitarist Nick Sterling. http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/sebastian_bach_fires_young_guitarist.html

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #1459 on: August 18, 2012, 06:44:08 PM »

In addition to the above post, apparently Sterling has gotten himself in trouble with the law in Canada and can no longer enter the country, which is where Bach is from and plays frequently...which is obviously a huge problem.

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: