Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 03:00:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227940 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tonight's show in Portland, ME is cancelled [press release]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tonight's show in Portland, ME is cancelled [press release]  (Read 42886 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2006, 03:25:53 AM »

How can you get that from what the lead singer of PR said?  All he said was when they come back on their own headlining tour they'd play.
anythinggoes
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2006, 03:58:26 AM »

just a note this is the 1st show in 41 played in 2006 that has been cancelled that isnt that bad a record. The switzerland was postponed and the Germany dates dont count as it was the Rolling Stones that cancelled so i wouldnt get too worried yet. hihi
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2006, 04:46:26 AM »

Cancellations for concerts happen all the time its just magnified cause its gnr and with their history.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2006, 05:56:14 AM »

And another comment from Papa Roach, here :

AOL Music | Papa Roach set watches to GN'R time

"Every day our set time changes, depending on when Axl [Rose] wants to show up to the gig"

Papa Roach have also picked up a few tips from Axl and company: "What I've learned is to show up on time," the frontman laughs.

Sounds cynical to me ...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 05:58:07 AM by NicoRourke » Logged

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2006, 06:02:22 AM »

He keeps it up his time on tour with the band will end sooner than its supposed to.
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2006, 06:17:43 AM »

The press release sounds valid to me, as there were rumor floating around from people at the show talking to civic center staff and got similar responses; but the only thing I can't understand is how did Axl and company not know about these "restrictions" until day of. Certainly, when they booked the venue they were told about said "restrictions" they didn't just arrive there and get a laundry list of things they couldn't do.

And to say clay Aiken was allowed freedom? COME ON, what is he doing up on stage so risque, blowing kisses?!

Feel sorry for the fans last night...Axl probably won't be booking that place ever again.

Oh well, on with the show

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2006, 07:00:04 AM »

As someone who would have attended Monday's show, it is hard not to feel conflicted about this. Of course I don't want to assume the worst, but the bottom line is that Marilyn Manson, NIN, Tool, APC, Iron Maiden(serious pyro), Green Day and Fallout Boy have all played here without a hitch. Disturbed is playing in another week, with Stone Sour opening. Given all of that, it's easy to wonder why Guns couldn't find a way of working this out. I have to hope that there is more to it, since I can't see why they would move all the gear and stage props up here if they weren't planning to do the show. All the same, it was pretty late to be notified of this kind of change.
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2006, 07:01:09 AM »

The press release sounds valid to me, as there were rumor floating around from people at the show talking to civic center staff and got similar responses; but the only thing I can't understand is how did Axl and company not know about these "restrictions" until day of. Certainly, when they booked the venue they were told about said "restrictions" they didn't just arrive there and get a laundry list of things they couldn't do.

And to say clay Aiken was allowed freedom? COME ON, what is he doing up on stage so risque, blowing kisses?!

Feel sorry for the fans last night...Axl probably won't be booking that place ever again.

Oh well, on with the show

well, i suppose they thought that they could make terms.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2006, 07:10:25 AM »

Makes no difference to be me but sure as hell feel sorry for the fans who were attending   no
GeraldFord
« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2006, 07:16:49 AM »

http://www.wgme.com/NewsWeather/streaming/newsE.shtml
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2006, 07:23:44 AM »

Read the press release again until you realize who's fault it was.

The band wanted to play the show, but some people decided GN'R weren't welcome at the venue.

/jarmo

And you believe this?   Wow.   Shocked

Maybe, just maybe, Axl saw a less than half empty arena coming and pulled his bi-polar act hoping that Worcester would sell better.  No one in their right mind believes the fire marshall and Portland officials have it out for GNR.   Roll Eyes
I have yet to see you say ONE positive thing all day!
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2006, 07:25:44 AM »

Now i know what Jarmo means when he says everyone is so negative.? Oh yeah, lets not believe the press release.

You guys know if the press release has any false information, the band could get sued, right?? yeah, i'm sure they would risk that.

That press release was vague enough to avoid a lawsuit.  It's more opinion than fact really.  It is a lie nonetheless.
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2006, 07:36:30 AM »

The band wanted to play the show, but some people decided GN'R weren't welcome at the venue.

/jarmo

And you believe this?? ?Wow.? ?Shocked

Maybe, just maybe, Axl saw a less than half empty arena coming and pulled his bi-polar act hoping that Worcester would sell better.? No one in their right mind believes the fire marshall and Portland officials have it out for GNR.? ?Roll Eyes

Dude, what is positive about this incident?  What is positive about less than half empty arenas?  What is positive about a tour starting with no release date or promotion to speak of?  What is positive about  a band like Hinder basically telling Axl to FU?  What is positive about a press release filled with obvious BS?  What is positive about Papa Roach now bagging on Axl?

I saw this band in Tampa last month.  the show was better than average, but no where near what i saw in 1991 and 1993.  I love their music (recorded), and their live shows are decent, but right now what is so damn positive about the GNR scene?  You think just because we finally get some live shows after a million years of inactivity we should all be satisfied?  Bullshit!  I won't be satisfied until the album comesd out.  And then only if it lves up to all the expectations.
anythinggoes
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2006, 07:40:27 AM »

/jarmo

And you believe this?? ?Wow.? ?Shocked

Maybe, just maybe, Axl saw a less than half empty arena coming and pulled his bi-polar act hoping that Worcester would sell better.? No one in their right mind believes the fire marshall and Portland officials have it out for GNR.? ?Roll Eyes

this board is full of negative creeps hihi
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2006, 07:42:19 AM »

Well,no matter what, the show was cancelled, no one is happy now.  The best thing the band can do is continue to kick ass through the rest of the tour and put on CD

kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2006, 07:44:18 AM »

Youd have to be pretty foolish to believe the press release....
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2006, 08:37:23 AM »

Now i know what Jarmo means when he says everyone is so negative.? Oh yeah, lets not believe the press release.

You guys know if the press release has any false information, the band could get sued, right?? yeah, i'm sure they would risk that.

That press release was vague enough to avoid a lawsuit.? It's more opinion than fact really.? It is a lie nonetheless.

There are naming two people in it. I don't call that vague. They could get sued for that. Maybe they're not lying ?

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: November 07, 2006, 08:56:04 AM »

I believe Mr Bumblefoot more than the press release. He said all is well. Then all is fucking well Cheesy

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #78 on: November 07, 2006, 09:33:58 AM »

hey jarmo,
    if YOU read the press release again, you'll realize that the band cancelled the show because they were not willing to comply with restrictions imposed by the fire marshall.

the fire marshall is looking out for the safety of guns n' roses fans.

Welll maybe the band's management and crew thought his demands were unreasonable......

It's a rock concert, it's worked in many other places except in this county civic center....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2006, 09:35:21 AM »

Why doesn't GNR just play without the pyro? Or, Are their instruments run by fire and sparks only?

hahahahahaha

yes!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: