Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:41:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tonight's show in Portland, ME is cancelled [press release]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tonight's show in Portland, ME is cancelled [press release]  (Read 43190 times)
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2006, 09:39:44 AM »

It doesn't matter what they do, there will always be complaining. Even if they perform a kickass show in front of a superb audience... someone will still complain about the setlist, how Finck's own interpretation of the November Rain solo isn't as good as Slash's, why the old members ain't there on stage, why they're not playing more new songs, why Chinese Democracy isn't released, why is there no single, why Axl has cornrows, how the nickname Bumblefoot isn't as cool as Slash, why Tommy Stinson isn't a fashion consultant...

So let's just support the band. Constructive critiscism is great, but is there really a point saying: "slash isnt ther, dey suck so much nao. ktxhbai" ?

I hope Worcester rocks!

« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 09:41:24 AM by Demon Wolf » Logged

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2006, 09:40:56 AM »

Read the press release again until you realize who's fault it was.

The band wanted to play the show, but some people decided GN'R weren't welcome at the venue.

/jarmo

And you believe this?   Wow.   Shocked

Maybe, just maybe, Axl saw a less than half empty arena coming and pulled his bi-polar act hoping that Worcester would sell better.  No one in their right mind believes the fire marshall and Portland officials have it out for GNR.   Roll Eyes

I can't believe the shit you post.

You can't see how full an arena is before the doors open. Go figure.

The band didn't have to offer Portland fans the opportunity to exchange their tickets to Worcester. They could've just said "get a refund".

Axl didn't cancel the show. There's a bunch of people who work for the bands that tour. It's these peoples' job to make sure the tour works. It's not like Axl is handling every job on the tour like some of you believe.

Axl does not hook up Dizzy's keyboards before the show, Axl does not send out tickets, Axl does not drive the trucks with equipment to the shows, he does not book the gigs himself etc etc. There's lots of people on the crew who do these jobs for the band. Time to realize that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
anythinggoes
« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2006, 09:49:05 AM »

It's not like Axl is handling every job on the tour like some of you believe.

Axl does not hook up Dizzy's keyboards before the show, Axl does not send out tickets, Axl does not drive the trucks with equipment to the shows, he does not book the gigs himself etc etc. There's lots of people on the crew who do these jobs for the band. Time to realize that.

/jarmo

Sorry but wouldnt that be some funny stuff to see Axl walking up you driveway delivering the tickets, then when you get to the arena the trucks arrive an Axls head popping out the window backing the truck into its allocated space, and then while your standing waiting seeing Axl running about doing all the equipment checks etc.

Lets face it the show didnt happen we got a press release, a lot of us believe it like me, others have to think there is always another reason and that every thing the band says is lies, because the press never lie do they.  Grin
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2006, 09:56:36 AM »

The band wanted to play the show, but some people decided GN'R weren't welcome at the venue.

/jarmo

And you believe this?? ?Wow.? ?Shocked

Maybe, just maybe, Axl saw a less than half empty arena coming and pulled his bi-polar act hoping that Worcester would sell better.? No one in their right mind believes the fire marshall and Portland officials have it out for GNR.? ?Roll Eyes

The band didn't have to offer Portland fans the opportunity to exchange their tickets to Worcester. They could've just said "get a refund".

Axl didn't cancel the show. There's a bunch of people who work for the bands that tour. It's these peoples' job to make sure the tour works. It's not like Axl is handling every job on the tour like some of you believe.

/jarmo

Agreed. Believe it or not Axl is not the only person in the world. As jarmo said, there are a bunch of people who are on tour with them. Also, as was said before, the fire marshalls were NAMED in the press release. You can't just go naming people that didn't have anything to do with the cancellation. That's called libel and it is an offense worthy of a lawsuit. If GNR are sued for libel then they made it all up, if not then we might have to accept that there were strict regulations at this particular venue that the band and the suits were not willing to accept.
 ? ? ? ?So we could believe in a huge conspiracy that involves Axl seeing the future and knowing that no one will buy tickets the day of the concert, cancelling the show, paying off two completely innocent individuals to take the fall for him, and offering exchanges for the next show in order to appear as if he was genuinely sorry for what happened (when in reality he's really laughing maniacally while reading our comments on the board) or we could believe that GNR felt they were being treated unfairly and could not put on the show they wanted. Isn't the simplest explanation usually the right one?

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2006, 09:59:14 AM »

I'm sure Jarmo didn't mind the 5 hour bus ride for a no-show: ?hey, it's rock-n-roll, baby!  rofl

I won't bother re-posting all the stuff that got deleted by the unceremonious dumping of the entire other thread (which, by the way, is really disrespectful of people who take the time to contribute and post on the board, and aren't just posting personal insults or empty negative stuff). ?All I can say is that I have yet to see any evidence that the so-called restrictions placed on the band were severe enough to warrant calling off the show (or were not severe enough to justify the show going forward). ?Given that just about every other major artist has played the venue with no problems, I suspect -- but don't know, obviously -- that the restrictions were not ridiculous, and were probably pyro-based (which is understandable in the New England area).
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2006, 10:00:26 AM »

/jarmo

Maybe, just maybe, Axl saw a less than half empty arena coming and pulled his bi-polar act hoping that Worcester would sell better.? No one in their right mind believes the fire marshall and Portland officials have it out for GNR.? ?Roll Eyes

/jarmo

I love GnR, But why then does this stuff happen all the time to Guns n Roses and their fans. It happened in the 80' the 90' and in the 2000's. Look at the constant varible.Im just stating the facts. It is wrong to cancel a show hours in advance. The things they claim killed the show are worked out weeks/months in advance they have to be. It is an unrealistic excuse, and even if it was true then play the show without the pyro, im sure the fans would rather that than no show at all ...its about the music not the fireworks.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2006, 10:00:35 AM »

/jarmo

And you believe this?   Wow.   Shocked

Maybe, just maybe, Axl saw a less than half empty arena coming and pulled his bi-polar act hoping that Worcester would sell better.  No one in their right mind believes the fire marshall and Portland officials have it out for GNR.   Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Agreed. Believe it or not Axl is not the only person in the world. As jarmo said, there are a bunch of people who are on tour with them. Also, as was said before, the fire marshalls were NAMED in the press release. You can't just go naming people that didn't have anything to do with the cancellation. That's called libel and it is an offense worthy of a lawsuit. If GNR are sued for libel then they made it all up, if not then we might have to accept that there were strict regulations at this particular venue that the band and the suits were not willing to accept.
        So we could believe in a huge conspiracy that involves Axl seeing the future and knowing that no one will buy tickets the day of the concert, cancelling the show, paying off two completely innocent individuals to take the fall for him, and offering exchanges for the next show in order to appear as if he was genuinely sorry for what happened (when in reality he's really laughing maniacally while reading our comments on the board) or we could believe that GNR felt they were being treated unfairly and could not put on the show they wanted. Isn't the simplest explanation usually the right one?

i think it`s definitely part of the truth, you know what i mean?    it`s not the main part though...

i don`t know what happened and i hope everything is well, but the possibilty of axl jumping the gun should not be dismissed...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2006, 10:07:07 AM »

I'm sure Jarmo didn't mind the 5 hour bus ride for a no-show:  hey, it's rock-n-roll, baby!  rofl

Thanks for your concern.

It was a seven hour bus ride.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2006, 10:14:02 AM »

Yeah, it's weird how he has a whole new crew for this tour, and they still will blow off 3000+ much needed fans just to be able to win some pissing contest with some authority figure -- just like all the other crews. ?I think he needs a new Human Resources Deptartment. ? Roll Eyes

And while the 'all or nothing' attitude may look good on paper, I think that if the 3000+ fans milling around the venue or in transit would have been asked, they would have opted for a slightly less bit of staging rather than no show at all. ? Hell, he could have played AND given them free tickets to the next gig to make sure they got the 'best' show. ?I bet you would have agreed to that one.

I do agree with you that the crew wouldn't be blameless. ?If it really was just a flat out ego clash or the FMs unfairly throwing their weight around, the crew should have been able to totally shield Axl from the drama. ?He didn't even have to know there was an 'issue' until he was already on stage and performing. ?Let him throw a hissy fit AFTER the gig. ? "Gee, Axl, we didn't think they were serious but they put their foot down mid-set, what could we do?"

(BTW, where exactly was Merck?)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 10:19:13 AM by snooze72 » Logged
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2006, 10:16:20 AM »

/jarmo

/jarmo

I love GnR, But why then does this stuff happen all the time to Guns n Roses and their fans. It happened in the 80' the 90' and in the 2000's. Look at the constant varible.Im just stating the facts. It is wrong to cancel a show hours in advance. The things they claim killed the show are worked out weeks/months in advance they have to be. It is an unrealistic excuse, and even if it was true then play the show without the pyro, im sure the fans would rather that than no show at all ...its about the music not the fireworks.

This stuff happens to other bands and their fans alot. You just never hear about it because the press and "fans" don't blow it out of purportion.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2006, 10:20:01 AM »

More importantly, we have been informed that officials intend to enforce rules and regulations that should not and do not apply in this venue.

That probably means they were threatened with fines or maybe a show cut short if they didn't do what the fire people asked....

That's how you enforce rules. Or send people to jail......

/jarmo

Annie
« Reply #91 on: November 07, 2006, 10:21:28 AM »

I believe the press release. These two fire marshalls could have been on some bizarre power trip.
veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2006, 10:23:08 AM »

Thanks for your concern.

It was a seven hour bus ride.

/jarmo

yikes -- that's a long ride. ?Seriously, that's no fun (although maybe it turned into something fun).
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2006, 10:24:10 AM »

As long as the tour remains unaffected in the long-run, It doesn't really matter that this show was cancelled.
veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2006, 10:26:20 AM »

I believe the press release. These two fire marshalls could have been on some bizarre power trip.

I do too. ?And I don't think Axl was sitting there having anything to do with the negotiations. ?Instead, it was management versus the fire marshals, and then Axl made the ultimate decision. ?Fire marshals can sometimes be very unreasonable, and they may well have been extremely unreasonable last night. ?BUT the issue for debate is whether the restrictions were such that GnR could not provide a worthwhile show. ? We need to find out what specific restrictions were imposed.
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2006, 10:26:58 AM »

On subject of the tour, I forgot; when do we get back on track? Tonight or tomorrow?

Tomorrow night Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2006, 10:27:56 AM »

I do too.  And I don't think Axl was sitting there having anything to do with the negotiations.  Instead, it was management versus the fire marshals, and then Axl made the ultimate decision.  Fire marshals can sometimes be very unreasonable, and they may well have been extremely unreasonable last night.  BUT the issue for debate is whether the restrictions were such that GnR could not provide a worthwhile show.   We need to find out what specific restrictions were imposed.

Was it the pyro during Live and Let Die and NR that caused the fire marshalls to go a bit nuts?
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2006, 10:29:17 AM »

/jarmo

/jarmo

This stuff happens to other bands and their fans alot. You just never hear about it because the press and "fans" don't blow it out of purportion.

Well, you have to admit, there is a sort of precedent. I mean, either Axl really has the absolute worst luck of any rock star I've ever heard of(not entirely impossible), or he plays some role in this kind of stuff happening - GNR has more negative coincidences taking place than any other band I've ever heard of.

However, I'm no more pissed about it than I would be with any other band. It's just disappointing because I bothered to take a day off from work, etc.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2006, 10:32:27 AM »

I'm not sure if it's just about pyro.

Fans don't get harrassed or threatened about pyro issues.

The fire marshalls probably had a list of things that weren't allowed to happen.

This quote is what I'm talking about:

it is of paramount importance that our fans have the best experience possible without being harassed and threatened.

/jarmo

Sandinista
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2006, 10:34:43 AM »

I can't see the connection between fire marshalls and harassment, unless the venue's policy is that marshalls must be drunk and beligerant at all times.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: