Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:31:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228064 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Performs at Parkinson's Benefit
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Performs at Parkinson's Benefit  (Read 49877 times)
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #180 on: November 12, 2006, 05:06:57 PM »

I'll stop the discussion, because I think we're saying the same thing.

The event MIGHT have been, and PROBABLY was recorded.  But that doesn't mean it's going to get out to the public.  There aren't Axl Rose fanboys at these events with their little camcorders, waiting to post videos of the performance on YouTube.  Most likely footage like that will be for next year's "Look what a great event we had last year!" presentation.

I'm just saying that we shouldn't expect a press release or a recording to surface, because most of the time these are pretty private events, attended by people who have tons of money to spend.

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #181 on: November 12, 2006, 05:08:46 PM »

For the record, I am really, really biting my tongue on the political debate that this thread has become.

Regardless, there's one thing that this thread does say. ?It says that CD could very well come out without any notice. ?Alot of times people on here say that if the CD was being pressed at a factory somewhere, we would know about it. ?I've never beleived that theory. ?Axl Rose performs at a big benefit last night with thousands of people in the nation's biggest city and nobody even knows what song he performed. ?It's been 24 hours and we don't know something as seemingly simple as that. ?

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
BKinNYC
Rocker

« Reply #182 on: November 12, 2006, 05:14:09 PM »

For the record, I am really, really biting my tongue on the political debate that this thread has become.

Regardless, there's one thing that this thread does say. ?It says that CD could very well come out without any notice. ?Alot of times people on here say that if the CD was being pressed at a factory somewhere, we would know about it. ?I've never beleived that theory. ?Axl Rose performs at a big benefit last night with thousands of people in the nation's biggest city and nobody even knows what song he performed. ?It's been 24 hours and we don't know something as seemingly simple as that. ?

Oh, didn't you hear?  lennon said it's GUARANTEED to be "Come Together."  Where've you been?   rofl

So we're pretty much just waiting for all of those high-quality bootlegs from the benefit.  You know - like all of those videos of the acoustic performance he did back in May.   Roll Eyes

-And for the record, Danny - I agree with everything you just said.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #183 on: November 12, 2006, 05:21:07 PM »

I'll stop the discussion, because I think we're saying the same thing.

The event MIGHT have been, and PROBABLY was recorded.  But that doesn't mean it's going to get out to the public.  There aren't Axl Rose fanboys at these events with their little camcorders, waiting to post videos of the performance on YouTube.  Most likely footage like that will be for next year's "Look what a great event we had last year!" presentation.

I'm just saying that we shouldn't expect a press release or a recording to surface, because most of the time these are pretty private events, attended by people who have tons of money to spend.

I was never talking about a fan recording this.  I have been talking about professional camera men.  I'm sure it was recorded for news purposes because I would think that they would want this event (and disease) to have as much publicity as possible.  Part of a benefit is to make people more aware of whatever the subject for it may be and I think we will see something on video.  I doubt we will have a whole Axl performance, but we may get clips of it.  Now we are on the same page and I'm sorry for my last post, which has since been deleted by me.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #184 on: November 12, 2006, 05:26:14 PM »

Wow.  Thanks for those pics.  Axl's looking HOT.  Can't wait to see him on Wednesday!! Smiley
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #185 on: November 12, 2006, 05:26:34 PM »

Regardless, there's one thing that this thread does say.  It says that CD could very well come out without any notice.  Alot of times people on here say that if the CD was being pressed at a factory somewhere, we would know about it.  I've never beleived that theory.  Axl Rose performs at a big benefit last night with thousands of people in the nation's biggest city and nobody even knows what song he performed.  It's been 24 hours and we don't know something as seemingly simple as that. 

Oh, didn't you hear?  lennon said it's GUARANTEED to be "Come Together."  Where've you been?   rofl

So we're pretty much just waiting for all of those high-quality bootlegs from the benefit.  You know - like all of those videos of the acoustic performance he did back in May.   Roll Eyes

-And for the record, Danny - I agree with everything you just said.

Ok, I was trying to be nice but you're being dick, so that didn't last long.  I don't recall ever talking about bootlegs of the benefit, so you made that one up yourself.  Also, Axl was performing with a Beatles COVER BAND that performs songs from Abbey Road, so are you saying that he performed a new GN'R song??  Is that why we don't know about it??  It must be a big secret or something because it was a new GN'R song??  Wow, you're in you're own world I guess. 

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
BKinNYC
Rocker

« Reply #186 on: November 12, 2006, 05:53:14 PM »

Sorry lennon, not trying to be a dick.  Just a little tired of all the "secrecy" on stuff, and then everybody expecting a press release everytime Axl breathes somewhere.  Didn't mean to direct it at you, but I re-read your earlier post where you said you weren't going to "stoop to my level," or something like that, so I just reacted.

Anyway, you're right - I hope a video does show up, or at least we find out the song.   Either way, it was for a good cause, and he should be commended.

beer
axl27
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #187 on: November 12, 2006, 06:02:57 PM »

Cocainetongue22 has said it all...

I do hope that these words make their up to uncle Axl, that would be great  Smiley

PS: Hey Beta, Boqueirao is in the house!

I just think that thisis proof positive of what a good person can be like when he is surrounded by the right people. Guns today is a group of stand up people with families and a genuine desire to express their articticc vision without having to tear their lives and everyone else around thems lives up in the process. No offense to the old band, but we all go through that crazy stage in our lives, some more than others.

Ax has always struck me as a genuine, and decent cat. And now, older, wiser and surrounded by people that bring him up and not down, you get to see what he probably would have been doing more of before if circumstances had allowed for it. The visit to the cancer clinic was wonderful of him, my mother died of it and its a horrob;e disease. My grandmother died with parkinson's and it too, is a horrible disease.

Anyway, usually I think good people do good things and don't necessarily need to be congratulated for it, but suffice it to say that my childhood hero seems to be eveything I always believed about him 20 years ago and now the rest of the world is seeing it. To paraphrase an earlier poster, aren't you glad you can say you were a fan since day 1?

Peace, guys, have a good Sunday.
fixintodie
« Reply #188 on: November 12, 2006, 07:19:18 PM »

In case anyone was wondering (and this hasn't already been posted) I've spoken to someone who was there, and the song Axl performed with the Fab Faux was Live & Let Die.
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #189 on: November 12, 2006, 08:11:25 PM »

problem solved ^

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
Back Off Bitch
VIP

Fritz Lang

« Reply #190 on: November 12, 2006, 08:25:04 PM »

In case anyone was wondering (and this hasn't already been posted) I've spoken to someone who was there, and the song Axl performed with the Fab Faux was Live & Let Die.

I was thinking that it could be that cuz it's one of the former Beatle's songs... but at a Parkinson's benefit, I didn't think Live and Let DIE would really be appropriate... but it's cool...

12.10.91 Madison Square Garden
05.12.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
05.14.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 Madison Square Garden
tsoky2003
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #191 on: November 12, 2006, 09:46:32 PM »

This is a great thing supporting such a worthy cause.? Unfortunately I doubt we'll see coverage of this event in the press like we just saw about the cancelation of the Portland show.? Why does the press focus so much on negativity?? It frustrates me to no end.

If anybody has a local dj that slams gnr,send them this article.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #192 on: November 12, 2006, 09:51:56 PM »

Thats what I said earlier..I figured it would be Live and Let Die.  I wonder if he pulled out the 2002 screams...or just sung it softly...?
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #193 on: November 13, 2006, 01:13:11 AM »

Can't wait to see him on Wednesday!! Smiley

Wednesday is going to be the one of the best days of my life!!! ok

AXL RULES!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 01:17:25 AM by Crowebar » Logged
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #194 on: November 13, 2006, 04:26:49 AM »

I Love this pic.? Lots of respect here

edited to fix pic

Thank you very much for this. beer

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #195 on: November 13, 2006, 07:46:03 AM »

Guys, let's not talk politics in this thread. Thanks. Back to the topic.

Politics is the point of this thread.

Axl performed at this benefit for a reason. Not for publicity.

Michael J. Fox is trying to get more backing to stem-cell research, which currently is a hot topic in POLITICS.

There's no reason why people can't talk about the performance by Axl, and the actual POINT of him being there.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #196 on: November 13, 2006, 08:14:39 AM »

Swinging his mic like in the good old 80's peace

And this one, MJF looks like he's shit scared of Axl hihi

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #197 on: November 13, 2006, 10:05:02 AM »

I'm sure it was recorded for news purposes because I would think that they would want this event (and disease) to have as much publicity as possible.? Part of a benefit is to make people more aware of whatever the subject for it may be and I think we will see something on video.? I doubt we will have a whole Axl performance, but we may get clips of it.? Now we are on the same page and I'm sorry for my last post, which has since been deleted by me.

Actually, this wasn't that type of a charity event.? This is an annual bash put together strictly as a cash grab.? It's not publicized at all.? Very wealthy supporters are offered the chance to buy tickets at something like $5000 a pop to mingle with celebrities.? It's possible that the celebs also pay, seeing as there's no shortage of them more than willing to attend this type of private event and have a good time while supporting a good cause, and MJF has a LOT of friends.?

Axl really doesn't deserve all these accolades for simply showing up, although it's the presence of the celebs that draws the rich folk, so he's certainly contributing, but it's no different that his usual social life of late -- partying with the beautiful people.? It's better, he can eat amazing food, drink champagne and because it's private, he can cut loose on a Beatles song with a live band in a room full of peers.? He's not exactly putting himself out.? This isn't exactly a visit to a cancer ward or adopting a kid from Somalia.?? Grin? But I would think (or at least hope) that Axl (and entourage) also paid for the privilege of being there.? (I guess it would be tacky to mention it's also tax deductible?)? And I'm sure Axl (very) quietly supports other endeavors more deserving of a round of applause.?

If it was filmed, it won't be seen anytime soon.? They've been staging this thing for years (virtually unannounced), and I don't think I've ever seen any footage.

Regardless, there's one thing that this thread does say.? It says that CD could very well come out without any notice.? Alot of times people on here say that if the CD was being pressed at a factory somewhere, we would know about it.? I've never beleived that theory.? Axl Rose performs at a big benefit last night with thousands of people in the nation's biggest city and nobody even knows what song he performed.? It's been 24 hours and we don't know something as seemingly simple as that.?

Edit to respond to this one...

I would think the Fox Foundation gig is done with the cooperation of the media.? The photographers were invited guests who probably paid their way in as well, the columnists and mag editors who can afford to be there would be welcome, but as Jarmo would say, they were probably 'asked nicely' and happily covered it by the rules.? The chances of the music press doing the same with a Guns N' Roses CD are somewhere between nil and zero.? ?When that CD is being prepared for release by the label, everybody's going to know.?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 10:32:20 AM by snooze72 » Logged
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #198 on: November 13, 2006, 10:11:17 AM »

Here's the full story from People mag...

Michael J. Fox Rocks with Sheryl Crow, Axl Rose at Fundraiser
MONDAY NOVEMBER 13, 2006 08:45AM EST

By Mark Dagostino

Michael J. Fox raised more than $5 million for his Foundation for Parkinson's Research at a Beatles-themed fundraiser in Manhattan on Saturday night, thanks to a crowd that included emcee Denis Leary, Sheryl Crow, Martin Scorsese, Mohammed Ali, Famke Janssen, Rob Thomas and Susan Sarandon.

Rose, a surprise guest, took the stage at the Waldorf-Astoria Ballroom to sing McCartney's "Live and Let Die." Why the performance? "Michael had asked," Rose told PEOPLE. "We actually used a sample of Michael J. Fox from (his film) Casualties of War in one of our songs that will be on the new album. So I felt, one, I've always been a fan of his. And I also feel for the guy and his situation. I'm for stem-cell research, so I just thought it would be wrong not for me to come when I was asked."

Elvis Costello attended with wife Diana Krall, who's due to give birth in December. "But it's twins," said Krall, "so maybe sooner!"

Fox's wife Tracy Pollan said the annual fundraiser got a shot in the arm from last week's wins by Democrats ? and candidates favoring stem-cell research: "It definitely has an extra little feeling of excitement. But this is always a really important night, and a really fun night for us."

Pollan also said she was "sort of floored" by Rush Limbaugh's accusation that Fox exaggerated his symptoms in a campaign ad."But having watched (Limbaugh) before, maybe not as surprised as maybe I would've hoped to have been. Actually, the first thing I thought was this is really going to turn on him ? which it did."

Crow, who sang the Beatles' "Blackbird" and "Eight Days a Week," told PEOPLE, "I'm really here to celebrate what Michael J. Fox is doing and what he's done so far, and the great hope he's giving everyone."

She added, "I'm so lucky, because I am now a breast cancer survivor. Obviously only six months, but I believe that I'm cancer free. (In Michael) we're watching somebody who's really fighting for his life, and the fact that he's sharing that with us I think motivates the best part of all of us to really tap into the human spirit and feel that kind of empathy and want to do something about it."

On a personal note, Crow revealed, "I'm dating." Anyone we should know? "I always feel like it's no one anyone should ever know," she said, laughing. "I like to keep my secrets."

For his part, Fox was just excited to know he had some effect on politics. "In the last week of the election, when people are chucking garbage around and it's the most brutal part of the campaign, people were actually talking about stem cells," he said. "Whatever side they came down on was great by me, as long as they talked about it."

He added: "The attention was great. And we went into that conversation knowing that 70 percent of Americans support this research."

The night ended with an all-star jam session: Fox strapped on a guitar to join Crow, Costello, Rob Thomas and Leary on stage for the Beatles' "Revolution," "Back in the U.S.S.R." and "Twist and Shout."

And when it was all over, guests went home with a unique gift basket: A Beatles lunch box stuffed with goodies.
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #199 on: November 13, 2006, 10:31:08 AM »

that jacket is pimp...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: