Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 08:25:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  First Single (What should it be + RUMOR)
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] Go Down Print
Author Topic: First Single (What should it be + RUMOR)  (Read 55638 times)
Edward Rose
« Reply #380 on: November 28, 2006, 02:38:29 AM »

MATT A REAL FAN-
How many people know about those others fleeing?? I bet ya more people can tell ya who won the fuckin' Dancing with the Stars contest and what's going on with K-Fed then what's happening in Iraq!!

Thank you for explaining why the old "Civil War" or a new similar song would be perfect for the new album... to wake people up.  ok

If you wanna discuss global politics,keep your mouth shut or take it to the section of this board that isn't musically related.

Well that would be good advice if Axl hadn't already written a song about it... making it on-topic.

I don't feel the need to address personal attacks 'cause I've been around the block.  smoking

So back to the topic. I think the part where he says, "We practice selective anihilation of mayors and government officials to create a vacum, then we fill that vacum."

That's exactly like the U.S.'s "Deck of cards" of Iraq's most wanted. Then holding elections to fill the spots.

Been around the block,have ya?  Well,that changes everything. You must be a big shot!  nervous  Where are my manners?!?

You didn't ask for the band to have a "similiar song" YOU said to "re-release a new version of Civil War". Stay on YOUR Topic.
Yeah,Axl wrote about it and YOU said he should DO IT AGAIN,making it a DUMB Topic.  Still with the class Ed?

If you meant he should write a new song with a new title,regarding the current situation in Iraq,then that's different. It's just stupid to say "They should put out an new version of Civil War!"

So instead of holding elections,you wanna have them replace Saddam with what? A basic copy? Another dictator? It's official,you ARE retarded,Ed. Thank you for clarifying. 

And for playing along.  Johnny,what do we have for him? Oh,it's a year supply of turtle wax. Sorry Ed!  no Cry  Wah-wah-waaaaaahh!

Hahahaha!

MATT

The thread evolved into a better idea. Go back and read through it.

I was just over at The Jungle and noticed Jarmo's post about politics. So sorry to Jarmo and everyone else. As I said, I don't feel the need to address personal attacks. But this is getting ugly and I didn't think it would take such a turn. So if the mods want to lock or delete, I'm okay with that. Even if it's locked with me on the recieving end of flames. Don't really care.
gotohell
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #381 on: November 28, 2006, 05:13:24 AM »

Civil War was already the 2nd single to be released bfore UYI, a nd with this many singles and vids do we need more UYI singles, I think it has been well drained of hits

the order was this
1 - Knockin on heavens door -studio - days of Thunder -soundtrack (radio single)
2- Civil War - Romanian charity album( raqdio single)
3- You could be mine - Terminator 2 - (video #1)
4- Don't Cry? ------- UYI gets released soon after(video #2)
5 - Live an Let Die (Vid 3)
6- November Rian (vid4)
7- Yesterdays (vid5)
8 - estranged (vid 6)

*** not to mention the 3 non-singles made into vids::video #7 "garden of eden", ::Video #8 for "the Garden"::Video #9 "dead Horse"

*** and 2 more european singles:: Civil War EP '93 & Knockin on Heavens Door (live) '92

13 singles and videos combined and you want a re-release, ya gotta lay off the crack, it makes your brain work kinda loopy
gotohell
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #382 on: November 28, 2006, 06:00:59 AM »

if you know rule #1 about maeketing a rock/metal CD,
#1 ballads are not the first single
#2 the first single will be heavy/type ricker sing to get the underground rocker fans to buy the CD before thye hear the ballad and become sick

it is the same as social classese, you start at the bottom and work your way up

ex. appetite
1 - Its so easy (UK) lower class broke ass rock fans
2 - Jungle ( lower class die hards again)
3 - Sweet child ( jocks driving dadys sports cars)
4 - Paradise city (by now all social classes love them. the roclers call them seell outs, and the jocks rock out to there favorite new band)
5 - Nightrain ( a failed attempt for some street cred, no video= no reaction)
gummyfish
Rocker

« Reply #383 on: November 28, 2006, 03:50:58 PM »

IMO TWAT should be the first single. Its mind blowingingly brilliant. Its better than NR and Estranged. It would goto straight to No.1
GNR have gone to a new musical level. "lonely tear drops are calling me" - awsome stuff

#please move/delete if needed#

actually, the lyrics are " calln' youWink
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #384 on: November 29, 2006, 02:00:29 PM »

IMO TWAT should be the first single. Its mind blowingingly brilliant. Its better than NR and Estranged. It would goto straight to No.1
GNR have gone to a new musical level. "lonely tear drops are calling me" - awsome stuff

#please move/delete if needed#

actually, the lyrics are " calln' youWink

For some reason I had it wrong when the song first leaked too but you are correct, it is "you".

Either way, I thought it'd be a great first single.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
fixintodie
« Reply #385 on: December 02, 2006, 10:07:10 PM »

Does everyone else get this crazy lower right justification of the tour dates now the site has been updated?
gunaholic
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #386 on: December 02, 2006, 10:12:11 PM »

the single should definatly be Silkworms. Just to piss off all of those fans that have been dying for the single. How funny would be that?   hihi
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #387 on: December 02, 2006, 10:12:23 PM »

Does everyone else get this crazy lower right justification of the tour dates now the site has been updated?

It's always been like that on my computer at home by my work computer it's fine

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: