Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 13, 2024, 10:50:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228037 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GNR dont owe us anything
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR dont owe us anything  (Read 11362 times)
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2006, 09:49:52 AM »

george bush.

americans elected him, and he threats them like cannon meat...

lol.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
bringu2yourknees
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2006, 09:51:26 AM »

The way that I look at it is that some promises are made to be broken. ?For those on here that feel they are "owed" something and feel betrayed by Axl, have every right to. ?I mean I don't feel asthough I am owed a thing by GNR other than what I've been given this year (i.e. tour, leaks, etc...). ?It's all just dependant upon the eye of the beholder, or basically, every person on this board will see things just a bit different than others. ?If you expect alot and are given anything less or nothing at all, of course you're going to be disappointed. ?

Would I love to have Chinese Democracy in my hands by now?! Without a doubt! ?And while I wanted to have the album in my hands just as much as the next crazed fan on here, I'm also able to walk away from the computer everyday, and be content with getting in my car and listening to the back catalog the rest of the time.

All I am saying is that someone will always feel like they're owed something from someone. ?If thats how they choose to see things, then that is how things will be seen, regardless of how I feel towards the situation or anyone else for that matter.
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2006, 09:53:28 AM »

Whether you think they owe us something or not, it's interesting to me that the recent tour dates hardly have ANY discussion going on.

Personally, I don't even stay up anymore to see what happened/what the setlist is. ? I saw them 4 times this year, so I'm not one of those guys who "just sits behind my computer," but I used to be excited for every show. To me, "The band kicking ass on tour" doesn't carry the weight it once did, because the album isn't out. ?

I have to say that the "CD Release rumor thread" is the only one I read anymore. ?At this point, I could give two shits about what Axl wears, who the band met, or what songs I'm anticipating. ?Like I said, I'm not saying that Gn'R owes us anything. ?But for me, the album is really the only thing I'm interested in. ?They need to rejuvenate the fans, because at some point this is all going to get really old for everyone. ?The constant defenders just have a different level of patience than me, I guess. ?(and I've been a fan for almost 20 years!)
bringu2yourknees
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2006, 09:54:25 AM »

name me another band, these days, who treats the fanks like this... just one... and I?ll be a bit happier with myself.

Not to defend GNR, but I can't think of another band's fans that react like GNR these days either, so I'm sure there's a grain of logic behind the akward treatment...
bringu2yourknees
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2006, 09:57:56 AM »

Whether you think they owe us something or not, it's interesting to me that the recent tour dates hardly have ANY discussion going on.

Personally, I don't even stay up anymore to see what happened/what the setlist is. ? I saw them 4 times this year, so I'm not one of those guys who "just sits behind my computer," but I used to be excited for every show. To me, "The band kicking ass on tour" doesn't carry the weight it once did, because the album isn't out. ?

I have to say that the "CD Release rumor thread" is the only one I read anymore. ?At this point, I could give two shits about what Axl wears, who the band met, or what songs I'm anticipating. ?Like I said, I'm not saying that Gn'R owes us anything. ?But for me, the album is really the only thing I'm interested in. ?They need to rejuvenate the fans, because at some point this is all going to get really old for everyone. ?The constant defenders just have a different level of patience than me, I guess. ?(and I've been a fan for almost 20 years!)

I'm with you there too.? The ONLY disappointment that I've had this year has been the lack of ranting and raving during the shows.? That aside, the show I saw was one of the best concerts I've seen since the UYI line up.

As far as the board goes, I even tend to stay away from the release rumor thread, just because everything gets old after you've read the same post 100 times and rephrased 100s of ways.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2006, 09:58:09 AM »

Owe us? ?No

But keep in mind that the fans this guy has left are probably not in the majority newer ones. The ones still hanging on, trying to create some buzz, going to these shows, trying their best to make sure people they know hear some of the new stuff, and continuing to show their support, are what's left now, for the most part - ?I think half-ass fans of this guy have been weeded out - So we've got ourselves a sick, demented, legion - so what? ?I sure don't feel owed - but I do get fucking pissed at some of the stuff that goes on - My life goes on either way, but I'm just waiting for a little something to make it go on and on a little " better " is all yes
bringu2yourknees
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2006, 10:00:10 AM »

Owe us? ?No

But keep in mind that the fans this guy has left are probably not in the majority newer ones. The ones still hanging on, trying to create some buzz, going to these shows, trying their best to make sure people they know hear some of the new stuff, and continuing to show their support, are what's left now, for the most part - ?I think half-ass fans of this guy have been weeded out - So we've got ourselves a sick, demented, legion - so what? ?I sure don't feel owed - but I do get fucking pissed at some of the stuff that goes on - My life goes on either way, but I'm just waiting for a little something to make it go on and on a little " better " is all yes

Not to disagree with you, but just from what I've gathered, most of the newer fans don't even know what in the hell Chinese Democracy is, let alone that it was rumored to be released this year...
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2006, 10:02:41 AM »

name me another band, these days, who treats the fanks like this... just one... and I?ll be a bit happier with myself.

name one band whose manager talk to the fans
one band who takes time to tour without a cd out
one band whose band members email you
one band whose band members let you hang out with em at the concert

so yeah
gnr treat us pretty good. considering they dont even fuckin talk to the press

bringu2yourknees
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2006, 10:15:09 AM »

so yeah

Thats true.  Everyone is always wanting the general public to accept GNR as a group these days, which is how many of us view them.  So like WAT-EVER said, I'd be harder pressed to name other groups who has members that actually respond to emails and etc.
W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2006, 10:26:24 AM »

so yeah

Exactly and yet we still moan, I think Axl's new look this year was not just to distance himself from the bandana and kilt wearing Axl of the 90's but to distance himself from some of the old ass mullet headed denim wearing fans of the 80's who need to move on, he needs to appeal to a new younger fan base, not just the fans who have been around for 20 years and think they are owed.

'For Ricky to be any smarter he would have to die and come back as a turnip' - Trailer park boys.
Axl&Baz07
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2006, 10:39:14 AM »

so yeah

Exactly and yet we still moan, I think Axl's new look this year was not just to distance himself from the bandana and kilt wearing Axl of the 90's but to distance himself from some of the old ass mullet headed denim wearing fans of the 80's who need to move on, he needs to appeal to a new younger fan base, not just the fans who have been around for 20 years and think they are owed.

so what you're saying is, Axl and GN'R should distance themselves from the 'old' fans from the 80's.  (denim wearing...like it's bad... since when is denim a crime?!)   brilliant move. abandon your core fan base. 

speaking as a denim wearing fan (no mullet though, thanks much) who has been a fan since 87, i have some words for you, but i will refrain from typing them here. 

"Some People got a chip on their shoulder, an some would say it was Me..."
W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2006, 11:02:07 AM »

so yeah

so what you're saying is, Axl and GN'R should distance themselves from the 'old' fans from the 80's.? (denim wearing...like it's bad... since when is denim a crime?!)? ?brilliant move. abandon your core fan base.?

speaking as a denim wearing fan (no mullet though, thanks much) who has been a fan since 87, i have some words for you, but i will refrain from typing them here.?

No, you need to read my post properly. I said I think Axl WANTS to move away from that scene - not I think he should. I also didn't say there was anything wrong with denim and mullets - its just an easy example of a GNR fan stereotype. So who would blame him from wanting to move away from a group of people who bitch and moan at him all day long. If you have anything to say to me just PM me I love a ruck.

'For Ricky to be any smarter he would have to die and come back as a turnip' - Trailer park boys.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2006, 11:10:35 AM »

Not to disagree with you, but just from what I've gathered, most of the newer fans don't even know what in the hell Chinese Democracy is, let alone that it was rumored to be released this year...

I said nothing about that fact
bringu2yourknees
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2006, 12:16:35 PM »

I guess the point that I was trying to make is that GNR don't have to worry about losing too many of the casual fans, or the newer fans by not releasing Chinese Democracy.? All that they mostly stand to lose is the few people on here that take everything that is said in vain and to the heart, to which some will eventually come back anyways.? Sorry if I was lost or lost ya there.... Cool
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 12:30:58 PM by bringu2yourknees » Logged
W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2006, 12:25:12 PM »

I guess the point that I was trying to make is that GNR don't have to worry about losing too many of the casual fans, or the newer fans by not releasing Chinese Democracy.? All that they mostly stand to lose is the few people on here that take everything that is said in vain and to the heart, to which some will some back anyways.? Sorry if I was lost or lost ya there.... Cool

Spot on  yes

Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2006, 12:40:16 PM »

There are too many people on here that say things like 'if it doesn't come out this year Im never gonna listen to GNR again' or 'how dare they delay the release' to be honest I dont think Axl owes us anything.....

I've never said this and I never would.

As far as I'm concerned Axl can do whatever he wants. yes ok beer smoking

The guy is a freaking genius I.M.H.O. and the new album, (when it does show-up) is gonna' frigging ROCK!!!!! yes
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2006, 12:52:22 PM »

so yeah

so what you're saying is, Axl and GN'R should distance themselves from the 'old' fans from the 80's.  (denim wearing...like it's bad... since when is denim a crime?!)   brilliant move. abandon your core fan base. 

speaking as a denim wearing fan (no mullet though, thanks much) who has been a fan since 87, i have some words for you, but i will refrain from typing them here. 

No, you need to read my post properly. I said I think Axl WANTS to move away from that scene - not I think he should. I also didn't say there was anything wrong with denim and mullets - its just an easy example of a GNR fan stereotype. So who would blame him from wanting to move away from a group of people who bitch and moan at him all day long. If you have anything to say to me just PM me I love a ruck.

well...by treatmet I meant: "torturing" us by not saying a word about the CD release date, letting us wait, and wait, and wait till our hopes vanish (name me a band who took so long to put out an album or started reporting that an album would be out some year and nothing happened); touring for the second time without CD (suposedly this tour was meant to promote CD, however I cant see any album out yet and can?t see much new songs on the setlits... actually.... sometimes I wonder if this tour wansnt meant to promoted AFD  Roll Eyes)...
I understand it must be as frustrating for band members (not Axl however) as for us to wait so long for the album to be released but damn... we are humans lol... we can?t wait forever and ever by staying calm and happy when other ppl just fucking tease me (and you probably) for still having hopes that the CD (which is now a joke everywhere) will eventually be released someday... no... it aint easy! Undecided

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2006, 01:03:37 PM »

I guess the point that I was trying to make is that GNR don't have to worry about losing too many of the casual fans, or the newer fans by not releasing Chinese Democracy.? All that they mostly stand to lose is the few people on here that take everything that is said in vain and to the heart, to which some will eventually come back anyways.? Sorry if I was lost or lost ya there.... Cool

Gotcha man - Good Point either way  ok
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2006, 01:17:35 PM »

- I mean its just a record after all

your absolutely right, its just a record. and i understand that axl wants it to be absolutely perfect but he's 45 years old come february. I mean the old gnr lasted about 9 years since there first album, axl made his comeback in 2001 that was 7 years ago. look at all the old gnr acomplished in there time period compared to all the new gnr have acomplished in since RIR 3. Axl isn't getting any younger. He NEEDS to put out this record.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2006, 01:22:15 PM »

They do owe us, they owe us an explanation, its that simple. If the album isnt released this year (which it wont be, just not enough time), then they owe the fans an explanation why.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: