Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 13, 2024, 07:33:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228033 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GNR dont owe us anything
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR dont owe us anything  (Read 11354 times)
W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« on: December 12, 2006, 06:57:56 AM »

Ive been checking in on this site 3 or 4 times a day for the last 6 years and getting frustrated at the lack of an album, '02 was great I got to see the band in Leeds, this year has been great also, I saw them in Birmingham. But now I just dont care as much as to when the album is coming out, I can get on with my life - I mean its just a record after all, its not the end of the world. There are too many people on here that say things like 'if it doesn't come out this year Im never gonna listen to GNR again' or 'how dare they delay the release' to be honest I dont think Axl owes us anything, we chose to buy the records he put out 15 years ago, we paid our money and he gave us 4 great records! If he decides to wait 20 years put out another one thats up to him. Axl must look at this forum and laugh as we 'demand the record comes out this year'. Who do we think we are? The 7596 members of this forum are no where near as important as the millions of GNR fans around the world who are happy with the set lists, happy with the new songs, happy that GNR are touring and happy that a record is coming out in the future. I think we all need to be less demanding. Smiley

'For Ricky to be any smarter he would have to die and come back as a turnip' - Trailer park boys.
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 07:03:15 AM »

Off course they don't...we only waited for more than 13 years for a new promised album and keep supporting this band no matter what. We do not want anything in return.

7596 fans on this board, and million (?) others...maybe so, but that doesn't say the other millions do not have the same feeling. Maybe they do not surf the net, or post on gn'r forums...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 07:06:00 AM by The Prez » Logged

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 07:13:47 AM »

I think the intensity of these forums can create the unhappy feelings, if we just had a couple of magazine articles and a few reports on MTV the majority of fans would just be happy they were back, but after those initial happy months passed in 2000/2001 people had nothing else to do but moan because as the band went into hibernation the web sites did not - leaving a desolate plain of cyber bitterness  Grin

'For Ricky to be any smarter he would have to die and come back as a turnip' - Trailer park boys.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 07:14:12 AM »

Of course they (read: Axl) doesn't owe us anything, but I don't think it's wrong to request some information. I don't feel it's right to release statements after statements without following through with either product or explanation. And I know there might be legitimate reasons for the silence, but then they could at least tell us that. Instead we are left speculating on almost everything.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Axlative
Rocker

All Better now!

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 07:16:36 AM »

Off course they don't...we only waited for more than 13 years for a new promised album and keep supporting this band no matter what. We do not want anything in return.

7596 fans on this board, and million (?) others...maybe so, but that doesn't say the other millions do not have the same feeling. Maybe they do not surf the net, or post on gn'r forums...

I think herein lies a problem.

Communication with GNR is like this:

Fans: "When's CD coming out?"

Axl: "Late fall, 2006"

Fans think: Axl promised CD will be out this year

Axl thinks: I told fans it currently looks as if CD will be out this year

What we've got here...
  Wink
W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 07:22:43 AM »

Of course they (read: Axl) doesn't owe us anything, but I don't think it's wrong to request some information. I don't feel it's right to release statements after statements without following through with either product or explanation. And I know there might be legitimate reasons for the silence, but then they could at least tell us that. Instead we are left speculating on almost everything.

Of course asking for info is ok but we need to learn to take any statements with a pinch of salt because we end up getting let down time and time again. I just dont think we should consider ourselves so important that we need to be kept upto date on anything that the band and the managment decide. We are just a few fans.

quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 07:28:20 AM »

What we've got here...
? Wink

Great post.
micfac
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 07:33:30 AM »

gnr fans are the most starved musically(of new studio recordings) out of just about any band out there so of course theres going to a clamour and anticipation for new material i dont think we demand it we just hunger for it more and more especially when given an estimated release date from the great man himself
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2006, 07:36:38 AM »

What we've got here...
? Wink

Great post.

Haha, indeed. smoking

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2006, 07:39:00 AM »

i think they do owe everyone something because they wouldnt be where they are if it wasnt for the fans that buy there albums, merchandise, gig tickets.

html sucks
W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2006, 07:42:35 AM »

gnr fans are the most starved musically(of new studio recordings) out of just about any band out there so of course theres going to a clamour and anticipation for new material i dont think we demand it we just hunger for it more and more especially when given an estimated release date from the great man himself

Its not just healthy anticipation is it? Some of the people on this forum think they are in the inner circle, they think they are in the band and must be kept up to date with everything, it gets a bit creepy on this board from time to time ?confused

Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2006, 07:50:02 AM »

had axl left quietly in 93' and never said he's working on a record and never EVER said one was coming out then no he doesn't owe us. he probably still doesn't owe us but, don't tell us there's a new record coming out like he did in 96', 02',04' and 06' that i know of for sure. you don't do that to your fans but i do understand that shit happens
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 07:52:11 AM by I.K.N.K.N » Logged

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
micfac
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2006, 07:59:22 AM »

Its not just healthy anticipation is it? Some of the people on this forum think they are in the inner circle, they think they are in the band and must be kept up to date with everything, it gets a bit creepy on this board from time to time? confused
perhaps its not healthy i trawl through 6 different fan sites every day looking for info sometimes i get a headache but then again i hate my job and it passes the time Undecided
W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2006, 07:59:48 AM »

had axl left quietly in 93' and never said he's working on a record and never EVER said one was coming out then no he doesn't owe us. he probably still doesn't owe us but, don't tell us there's a new record coming out like he did in 96', 02',04' and 06' that i know of for sure. you don't do that to your fans but i do understand that shit happens

I think he said that because he firmly believed it would be out then.

kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2006, 08:22:13 AM »

Yea they owe us.. as fans we are their customers. Without us they would be NOTHING.

I think then it comes to treating us like crap and giving us no news, breaking promises etc, it just shows they forget who pays for their lifestyles  yes

Mini rant over.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2006, 08:28:57 AM »

They dont owe us anything
but that doesnt mean that they have to act like we dont exist.

its like ignoring someone who is madly in love with you. you should tell him/her if its gonna work or not.
not play with him/her.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Axl&Baz07
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2006, 08:36:01 AM »

i don't like the 'owe us' (entitlement)attitude either. 

however;  i feel that it would be the right and professional thing for GN'R's camp to put out a press release before 1/1/07, if CD is going to be delayed again.  you don't just leave die-hard fans hanging.  that's not cool.

"Some People got a chip on their shoulder, an some would say it was Me..."
W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2006, 08:37:23 AM »

They dont owe us anything
but that doesnt mean that they have to act like we dont exist.

its like ignoring someone who is madly in love with you. you should tell him/her if its gonna work or not.
not play with him/her.

Congrats 1000 posts!

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2006, 08:42:18 AM »

thanks. that's 500 posts/karma  beer
and it took me 1040 days to get there:)

damn... time sure does fly...

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2006, 09:40:27 AM »

name me another band, these days, who treats the fanks like this... just one... and I?ll be a bit happier with myself.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: