Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:40:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228066 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  poltics of this board
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: poltics of this board  (Read 67471 times)
Hysteron
« Reply #260 on: December 17, 2006, 07:14:07 PM »

Was dave-gnfnr2k banned? Bring him back!
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #261 on: December 17, 2006, 07:15:30 PM »

Looks like Jarmo made Dave stand in the corner for a bit, I think he will be back. Dave was also made to stand in the corner after he wouldn't quit with his Portland cancelation theories.

Thanks for the entertainment on this laid back Sunday night!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 07:17:02 PM by ipoopie » Logged

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #262 on: December 17, 2006, 07:20:42 PM »

You don't think HTGTH allows discussion of "valid" Gn'R topics? ?Fine, go to the numerous other forums that allow those discussions.

I come to HTGTH to read real discussions. ?Not questions of whether a RS Nov. 21st date is legit. ?Not about what some ego-tripping fire marshal thinks. ? jarmo and his crew here continue to uphold an ideal of having a large forum, with thousands of users, without allowing threads to turn into garbage. ?Nothing has changed in that regard, and constant questioning of jarmo and how he runs things is always putting him on the defensive.

The HTGTH forum is a huge forum. ?It needs constant baby-sitting. ?It needs constant moderating. ?The fact that certain topics of discussion are off-limits might seem excessive, but consider the alternative! ?Can you find another forum of this size that allows these so-called "objective" topics of conversations and is not bogged down in crap? ?You might want to consider how long jarmo has been running this forum. ?I believe he runs things a certain way because he knows how to run a forum like this. ?He has experience. ?The nuances might not be so obvious to someone on the "outside", but I've been a part of many large forums and never seen one run so well.

jarmo's priority is, I believe, and should be, to run a good forum. ?With a forum of this size, the little things become big things, and his constant diligence as well as discipline are what make this forum great.

So, discussion continues to be allowed. ?Bullshit continues to not be allowed. ?Cheers, HTGTH. ? beer

Regarding dave, I think everyone who's been here for awhile appreciates his love of Gn'R, but as Booker Floyd put it, lately, his posts have become bizarre.? It's hard to know what to think, but something is seriously wrong there, and unfortunately, his anger has just given more people outlets to be idiots.? I look forward to dave's return - the old dave.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #263 on: December 17, 2006, 08:57:57 PM »

Who the hell are you to demand that dave be brought back?  Roll Eyes
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #264 on: December 17, 2006, 09:08:04 PM »

Who the hell are you to demand that dave be brought back?? Roll Eyes

He's not demanding anything. Roll Eyes

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #265 on: December 17, 2006, 09:58:41 PM »

"Bring him back!" sure as hell seems like demanding for him to be brought back to me.  ok
BabyGorilla
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #266 on: December 17, 2006, 10:03:02 PM »

I also NEVER said that CD is not out because of the slash and duff lawsuit. Dont make up shit.

Oh really? How about this:

As for how this could delay CD. Again you really don?t know your gnr history, and it shows. Look at any court case that Axl has gone through esp with the old band. Slash and Duff always said what ever Axl/gnr has a court case Axl always puts that first and puts everything else on the back burner. So slash and duff know by suing Axl (the first case) that it will preoccupy Axl and it will push CD off.

Here is another similar post where you blame Slash and Duff for hindering Axl music career:

Another thing Axl is talking about the lawsuit, if duff and slash would drop their BS lawsuit axl could talk about the album and tour but you know how axl is, and he puts a lot of his effort into court cases.

I also find it cute that you put a disclaimer tag informing others your opinion; however, your disclaimer is only good for this board. Are you going to put a disclaimer underneath all your post on every board you post on? Your solution is like putting a band-aid on cancer. If you really wanted to satisfy me than delete your disclaimer and just change the way in which you write.

Also, it is obvious that when discussing preference in music that it is your opinion. However, I have a problem with you making clams like TWAT being removed from the setlist because Ron can't play it. You sate such things as facts.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #267 on: December 17, 2006, 10:38:33 PM »

As the world turns.............
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #268 on: December 18, 2006, 03:05:50 AM »

Beta has nothing to gain by lying, merck has everything to gain. Right now he has no job, so obviously if he doesn't make himself to look good then no one is going to want to work with him. That's why you cant believe everything he says.
Doesn't he manage either Iron Maiden or Motley Crue?? Huh

No, Merck no longer works for sanctuary. Iron maiden is managed by Ron Smallwood (as far as I know) and Motley Crue is still with Doc McGhee (last I heard anyway).

Doc Mcghee hasnt managed Motley since the Russian peace Festival in 89 I think it was.  they fired him cause bon jovi got pyro and more stage time.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #269 on: December 18, 2006, 08:15:15 AM »

Beta has nothing to gain by lying, merck has everything to gain. Right now he has no job, so obviously if he doesn't make himself to look good then no one is going to want to work with him. That's why you cant believe everything he says.
Doesn't he manage either Iron Maiden or Motley Crue?  Huh

No, Merck no longer works for sanctuary. Iron maiden is managed by Ron Smallwood (as far as I know) and Motley Crue is still with Doc McGhee (last I heard anyway).

Doc Mcghee hasnt managed Motley since the Russian peace Festival in 89 I think it was.  they fired him cause bon jovi got pyro and more stage time.

Well like I said I wasn't sure, but I do know their not on Sanctuary. Tommy Lee as a solo artist is though.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #270 on: December 18, 2006, 09:54:46 AM »

"Bring him back!" sure as hell seems like demanding for him to be brought back to me.  ok

who the hell are you to tell him to stop saying what he wants?

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #271 on: December 18, 2006, 10:00:59 AM »

It isn't his place to demand for anyone to be brought back. I'm pretty sure Jarmo don't appreciate people demanding him to do things...
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #272 on: December 18, 2006, 10:12:13 AM »

It isn't his place to demand for anyone to be brought back. I'm pretty sure Jarmo don't appreciate people demanding him to do things...
depends on who those ppl are  Roll Eyes

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #273 on: December 18, 2006, 01:38:20 PM »

"Bring him back!" sure as hell seems like demanding for him to be brought back to me.? ok

It's not a demand, it's an expression. For some reason I thought people would understand such...... Roll Eyes

Hysteron
« Reply #274 on: December 18, 2006, 02:19:56 PM »

"Bring him back!" sure as hell seems like demanding for him to be brought back to me.? ok

If you ever got banned, I wonder how many people would start a petition to bring you back?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #275 on: December 18, 2006, 02:55:31 PM »

If you ever got banned, I wonder how many people would start a petition to bring you back?

hopefully no one, cause I despise those kinds of petitions  ok
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #276 on: December 18, 2006, 08:11:27 PM »

My two cents:

I think that Dave has become bitter because he was called out by both Merck and Beta. He found out that those connected with the band didn't appreciate him saying what he was passing off as fact, when in the end it was all unsubstantiated rumors. I suppose if I were in his shoes, it would sting a bit too. However, in the end it IS Dave's own fault for passing all of these things off as true in the first place when he never had a valid source.

Dave - do you really think that a fire marshall in Portland, Maine is going to take the heat for canceling a show? I know if I were in his shoes, I sure as hell wouldn't! I'd be in fear of my life from rabid fans of the band.

And like many others, I see Dave as someone who only does what he does for attention around here. His "don't ever doubt me" post on mygnr was the kicker. Yeah, Dave, we won't doubt you when you pass things off as fact that you know NOTHING about. You called me into a chat room on AIM as soon as the letter was posted saying how it wasn't really Axl that wrote it, etc. I love how you figured it out less than 10 minutes after it was posted.

Please, for your own sanity - log off of the computer for once in your life, and go outside. I thought I was a computer junkie, but I have a job, a girlfriend, a life, friends, etc. I get out of the house at least once a day and do something productive other than posting my beliefs on an internet message board and passing them off as facts.

Axl said it best:

"Your satisfaction lies in your illusions - and your delusions are yours and not mine. We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines."

Dave - in the end, you're just beating a dead horse. You sound like a broken record at this point. You're accusing Jarmo of avoiding your questions, when he's giving you answers. You're the one that's unable to back up any of your allegations with facts.

Before you repeat yourself for the millionth time...

"The fire marshalls and the newspapers are telling the truth! They never lie! They have to tell the truth!"

There, I saved you some trouble.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 08:17:23 PM by BurningHills » Logged

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #277 on: December 18, 2006, 09:36:34 PM »

Dave admitted over at the bar that the main reason he was flipping out was because he hasn't gotten laid in months. That should tell you a lot about the guy...
EFISH
« Reply #278 on: December 18, 2006, 09:37:33 PM »

Dave admitted over at the bar that the main reason he was flipping out was because he hasn't gotten laid in months. That should tell you a lot about the guy...
Link? confused
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #279 on: December 18, 2006, 09:37:51 PM »

That should tell us what? Guys have done far worse things in that situation. A very natural reaction.

You using it as a reason to slam him tells me alot more.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: