Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:43:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Night Train anyone?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Night Train anyone?  (Read 24330 times)
Red Sox Fan
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2007, 08:52:22 PM »

I have not read this whole thread...but back in the day in college(1991)i  would  see how fast me and friends could drink a pint (about 15 sec or so)..it really did f u up and was very cheap...anyways the shit is horrible, liquid crack, almost as bad as mad dog 20 20...dont waste your $2 on it, go buy a lotto tx wherever u r from and hope u win and buy good vodka...the fine apple wine or whatever they claim it to be is just horrible...if u want to chance it tho a place in hartford ct usa does sell it
Sargone
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2007, 12:43:14 AM »

Btw I love that song  peace hihi
RR Mafia
Headliner

« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2007, 06:45:30 AM »

By the way, that absinthe website being bandied about in this thread is full of shit and sells bogus "absinthe." I drink La Fee. Thujone is not a psychoactive.

Are you sure?  I've read a lot about Absinthe and everything I read says that the psychoactive effects are caused by the Thujone that comes from Wormwood. Ive gotten that from alot of different sources.

Thujone along with other herbs cause the drinker to be in a state of drunken clarity.  Thujone blocks inhibitors that stop brain cells from fireing.  Once those inhibitors are blocked, the brain is free to fire at will. This is said to breed creativity.

This is the psychoactive effect that Absinthe drinkers talk about.  You will not halucinate, that is a myth.

That websight is not full of shit,  they are very informative about what is in their drink and what to expect. peace
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 07:14:03 AM by RR Mafia » Logged
Progress
Rocker

Where's my beer??

« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2007, 06:53:02 AM »

They don't carry night train in Norway..Could anyone do me the favour of buying a couple of botles,and then mail them to me?I'll pay of course..

von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2007, 03:56:58 PM »

By the way, that absinthe website being bandied about in this thread is full of shit and sells bogus "absinthe." I drink La Fee. Thujone is not a psychoactive.

Are you sure?  I've read a lot about Absinthe and everything I read says that the psychoactive effects are caused by the Thujone that comes from Wormwood. Ive gotten that from alot of different sources.

Thujone along with other herbs cause the drinker to be in a state of drunken clarity.  Thujone blocks inhibitors that stop brain cells from fireing.  Once those inhibitors are blocked, the brain is free to fire at will. This is said to breed creativity.

This is the psychoactive effect that Absinthe drinkers talk about.  You will not halucinate, that is a myth.

That websight is not full of shit,  they are very informative about what is in their drink and what to expect. peace

Right, thujone being the key to absinthe's effect. But still, it's not what I would deem a psychoactive effect. The amount of thujone content in absinthe is supposed to be minimal at best and isn't all that essential to the absinthe in the first place. The reason sites like that and others are informative is because they proclaim the so-called "psychoactive" effects of the drink while trying to peddle a tarted up version of the drink loaded to the gills with a thujone content that isn't really part of absinthe as a drink or an experience in the first place. In other words, it's sensationalizing something that isn't that sensational to begin with. Many of the effects of absinthe recorded as being effects of the thujone were in fact effects of the copper content in the drink at the time the drink was originally popular. Depending on the distillery, it could quite literally be poisonous. That's where the misconceptions stem from and that's where the fudgy possession laws come into play. And websites like that are playing on that, the dangerous element of this "forbidden" drink which really isn't. Now I'm not trying to slam you and I do appreciate your having read into the subject, but until one has actually had a proper glass of proper absinthe, without the added sensationalism of an amped up so-called psychoactive, it's not really fair reporting.
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2007, 04:21:59 PM »

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2007, 04:37:08 PM »

I always have a couple glasses before I see a GNR show, so I have had it 3 times in my life.  If it wasnt for the sentimental rah rah in the pre-game for the concerts, I would never drink the stuff. I still have a bottle left over from the shows I went to this year.  It can be hard to find.  I live in suburban Minneapolis/St Paul, and I had to travel all the way to a seedy part of St Paul to find it.  It was about $4 bucks a bottle.

where in st. paul can you get this shit?

RR Mafia
Headliner

« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2007, 05:07:04 PM »

Right, thujone being the key to absinthe's effect. But still, it's not what I would deem a psychoactive effect. The amount of thujone content in absinthe is supposed to be minimal at best and isn't all that essential to the absinthe in the first place. The reason sites like that and others are informative is because they proclaim the so-called "psychoactive" effects of the drink while trying to peddle a tarted up version of the drink loaded to the gills with a thujone content that isn't really part of absinthe as a drink or an experience in the first place. In other words, it's sensationalizing something that isn't that sensational to begin with. Many of the effects of absinthe recorded as being effects of the thujone were in fact effects of the copper content in the drink at the time the drink was originally popular. Depending on the distillery, it could quite literally be poisonous. That's where the misconceptions stem from and that's where the fudgy possession laws come into play. And websites like that are playing on that, the dangerous element of this "forbidden" drink which really isn't. Now I'm not trying to slam you and I do appreciate your having read into the subject, but until one has actually had a proper glass of proper absinthe, without the added sensationalism of an amped up so-called psychoactive, it's not really fair reporting.

Thats cool, I didnt take it as a slamming. 

I have never had Absinthe but Im looking into getting some.  They do seem to be the only websight that promotes the amount of Thujone in the bottle.  I see that as a good thing.  You said that Thujone is the key to the absinthe effect and then said that it is not part of the experience at all.  I think that without the Thujone from the wormwood and the other herbs distilling together in the bottle,  there would be nothing special about Absinthe.  Thujone is why people drink it.

I believe that the Thujone content was originally very high and that the effects back then took the drinker past the open minded state into the trippy state.  People became afraid of it and banned it.  Now with commercial Absinthe, the laws allow it to be made with a controlled amount in the bottle. Maybe the websight is playing off that a little bit to try and sell bottles but I dont think that their Absinthe is bogus.  peace 

We'll see,  Im going to try it.
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2007, 05:13:53 PM »

most of the absinthe sold these days doesn't contain the wormwood extracts.  i've been told you can still get the real shit in czech.  i saw it in the liquor stores when i was there, but never tried it.

RR Mafia
Headliner

« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2007, 05:58:01 PM »

most of the absinthe sold these days doesn't contain the wormwood extracts.  i've been told you can still get the real shit in czech.  i saw it in the liquor stores when i was there, but never tried it.

The stuff Im getting is from Czech and it does contain Wormwood.   yes
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2007, 07:39:01 PM »

I used to drink that shit in high school. I implore you. Don't drink it. It absolutely sucks. Drink MAD DOG 20/20
Woooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2007, 07:40:03 PM »

I was talking about, Night Train BTW, not absinthe.
Absinthe is good shit.
Good for you, too.
Heh.

dizzy68
Banned
Rocker

Here Forever!

« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2007, 07:53:07 PM »

Night train is cool!  peace

HOT GIRL VIDEO HERE
Click here to check her out.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2007, 07:55:58 PM »

Lights? Come on man..

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Jono
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2007, 02:14:53 AM »

Is anyone willing to ship a bottle or two of this stuff to Canada? I'd love to have some in my collection!  beer  drool
Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2007, 01:48:54 AM »

yes, me and jono would love some night train shipped to us here in Canada, anyone?

"The fire is burnin' and it's outta control, it's not a problem you can stop, it's ROCK N' ROLL!"
"With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done"

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2007, 09:17:08 AM »

I found this on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/Very-Vintage-Night-Train-Express-Green-Pint-Wine-Bottle_W0QQitemZ130069576532QQihZ003QQcategoryZ39502QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

/Not my listing

-Larry
dub05
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2007, 11:10:04 AM »

Jesus h ...bloody apprentice drinkers the lot of u .Night Train me arse .Come over to the arsehole of ireland & you can sup some potin & then you will realise what a proper drink is .

I guarantee anyone they have never & i mean never drank anything like it in the world.

Th e stuff of legends. beer

Dub05
chrisdq
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2007, 01:23:57 PM »

To the request regarding if someone can get some bottles and ship them...

I work at a liquor store and had my manager order me a whole case to help you guys out.?

Each bottle cost me $2.66 per bottle for the 750ML bottle.

If you shoot me a PM I can see about shipping some bottles to people if they are interested at of course the cost that I had to pay.? Im not looking to make any profit, just trying to help some people out who want to try it or keep it as a collectible item for their GNR collection.

So like I said, shoot me a PM if your interested....I have 12 bottles, and about 5 of them are already claimed.

Chris
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2007, 03:05:22 PM »

To the request regarding if someone can get some bottles and ship them...

I work at a liquor store and had my manager order me a whole case to help you guys out.?

Each bottle cost me $2.66 per bottle for the 750ML bottle.

If you shoot me a PM I can see about shipping some bottles to people if they are interested at of course the cost that I had to pay.? Im not looking to make any profit, just trying to help some people out who want to try it or keep it as a collectible item for their GNR collection.

So like I said, shoot me a PM if your interested....I have 12 bottles, and about 5 of them are already claimed.

Chris

You'd better get scans of IDs.. Or you'll be goin to jail for trying to kill these kids  rofl

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: