Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:22:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  8 Weeks to Go
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 8 Weeks to Go  (Read 56076 times)
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2007, 03:01:32 PM »

he says a date and everyone here automatically says "but it will probly be another 2 weeks after this date".
If the man says something he should stick by his word.

This is what I was thinking dude. beer

Pretty pathetic and I have the right to say that, because I've been a GNR fan since they first came out. rant Angry

So, everyone, can suck on that!!! nervous puke

EditEmbarrassedThis post wasn't me being negative either.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 03:11:40 PM by Crowebar » Logged
rubinho.ma
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2007, 03:07:32 PM »

I think we all should just wait. Axl himself said that if something goes wrong and the album has to be delayed, we would be notified. He said that only in case of trouble or when the album has an official release date they were going to announce something, bad or good. The truth for now is: no news is a good signal (it means nothing going wrong). They still don't need to anounce a final release date (they have a couple more weeks for that), so we don't have to wait for this kinda news too. At least for now... ?Wink beer
andypa1
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2007, 03:34:45 PM »

I think some of us me included wont be happy until we have a daily blog from axl  (checks myspace) but there wont be one. I trust him that we will be informed when its done and then in the hands of promoters and officials. I have two worries.

Firstly if the rumor is true that Axl is putting finishing vocals on in Vegas was it? then damn thats pretty late stuff, I thought if March 6 was the date then finishing touches would involve signing papers and ticking boxes. but how should I know iv never written the most mystical album in the history of the world, and obviously this is Axl.

My next concern, but hopefully utter crap is that was it a rumor or true that axl has previously handed in the album and it was rejected? because at the mo we are expecting him to hand it in and them say lovely just give us 8 weeks to sell this monstrosity.

Whatever im very excited now, its going to be near perfect and what an epic journey everyone has been on. hope we get to hear all the details along the line
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2007, 03:38:36 PM »

One thing that I am curious about :

Axl stated in his open letter to his fans that he and Merck's original intentions were to have the album released at the latest by 12/26. Axl went on to make it sound as if he wanted it released (my opinion) but Merck failed to get it out in time and that is why Axl fired him (supposedly).

Merck answered back by saying that the reason the album is not out yet is because ?it is not complete or "the muse did not show (referring to Axl's artistic inspirations)" or whatever.

The fact that Axl is in some recording studio in Vegas sure makes it seem as though Ol Merck may have been telling the truth. Right ?

Now, b4 anybody feels as though they need to jump my a-s because maybe we read something different or interpretted something differently... just hold on. I am not saying this cos I think Axl is a liar or because I think it should have been out as promised in 2006. I would just like for someone to clear this up for me if I am in fact looking at it wrong.

I personaly believe that in 2006, Axl felt as though the album was done and that's why he began touring. Afterwards, I think he started second guessing some songs that were going to make the final cut or various mixes or whatever. Not to mention the fact of possibly Bumblefoot & Ferrar being added to his magnum opus.

One thing that I do believe is that Merck did in fact issue that whole"one Tuesday this year" thing in an attempt to sell more tickets. He is responsible for taking care of the band not our needs. But anyway, Here's to Chinese Democracy in 2007 !!!

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2007, 04:20:52 PM »

Read this:

When I agreed to do our recent North American tour, I did it with the understanding that my manager, Merck Mercuriadis, and I were in full agreement regarding our strategy and touring plans and, most important, that any and all things needed to release the album by Dec. 26 at the latest were in place. Unfortunately, it turned out that this was not the case, and I regret to say that the album will not be released by the end of the year. Although many things went extremely well and were very exciting, there were, in our opinion, unnecessary and avoidable complications on our tour having to do with the tour routing, scheduling and album and video plans that wreaked havoc on all involved. This was compounded by an overall sense of a lack of respect by management for the band and crew and each individual's particular expertise that has resulted, unfortunately, in the end of both Guns? and my managerial involvement with Merck Mercuriadis.

The band went on tour because they thought the album was gonna be released before Christmas.

Then it seems like they found out it wasn't possible.

Getting an album out isn't just about getting it recorded and then it'll magically appear in the stores. You need to get the promotion going, it helps to have a video done, artwork needs to be created and sometimes cleared etc.

It's a big process involving a lot of people.

If one or more of these things aren't in place, then the whole release plan is kinda pointless.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2007, 04:24:52 PM »

I'm sorry to say, but that sounds like a rooky mistake.
I guess "they" in "they just tought I'd know better, better" part are the fans,
since we were the ones that tought he'd know better than to let it get screwed up Cheesy

lol

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2007, 04:29:48 PM »

The band went on tour because they thought the album was gonna be released before Christmas.

i dunno something is wrong with that jarmo....if it was ready to be out before xmas then why is (or was) there still recording to do?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 04:38:07 PM by Neemo » Logged

acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2007, 04:34:09 PM »

I'll piggy back on what Jarmo said...sadly, Axl and the band are merely a cog in the machine that is GNR. ?Once the album is turned over to the label...the label will have majority control over a release date and subject promotion. ?They may choose to hold on to the album for 3 to 6 months before releasing it. ?They may want to get a single in heavy rotation on radio before getting a proper release. ?And on top of that, they may have ridiculous demands for Axl about what needs to be turned in musically (how many tracks for an album and extra tracks for b-sides, soundtracks)...or what kind of demands would come in new contracts.

Basically, we have no idea what is going on...or what will transpire. ?We can speculate all we want. ?And sometimes entertaining as that might be...in the end it is nothing more than wild guesses. ?We just have to be patient. ?

The band has come through with their promises. ?Before the end of 2006 they gave us news we wanted to hear and a tentative release date. ?I guarantee you, before March 6th, we will hear official word from the band about what is to come.

All we need is a little Patience....yeah...yeah.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2007, 04:39:57 PM »

Basically, we have no idea what is going on...or what will transpire. ?We can speculate all we want. ?And sometimes entertaining as that might be...in the end it is nothing more than wild guesses. ?We just have to be patient.

totally man i agree 100% but we gotta post about something hihi

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2007, 04:54:29 PM »

i dunno something is wrong with that jarmo....if it was ready to be out before xmas then why is (or was) there still recording to do?

you can answer that question yourself......  the muse didn`t show up hihi

i doubt there`s a lot of recording left to be done anyways.....  as axl said "some minor - and i do mean minor - additions"...

or as merck said, there are two days of work left to be done...

Basically, we have no idea what is going on...or what will transpire.  We can speculate all we want.  And sometimes entertaining as that might be...in the end it is nothing more than wild guesses.  We just have to be patient.

totally man i agree 100% but we gotta post about something hihi

this is right....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2007, 05:13:46 PM »

As I said, the recording is just one part of the big puzzle.

Example: If you're working on a big project and you find out it's not gonna be done because other peoples' work isn't gonna be done on time, then maybe you don't need to finish your part before the deadline either? So you decide there's no need to hurry and finish your part, you can do it later.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2007, 05:18:01 PM »

I just wish that they wouldn't keep 'finding new inspiration' each time they try to finish the album.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2007, 05:19:03 PM »

Also, the minor recordings may have nothing to do with completing the album. ?Maybe it has to do with remixing the first single...or even a second single since the band will probably be on tour and not around to do that. ?The could re-recording something for a soundtrack or compilation. ?Maybe Axl's recording something for the next GTA. ?It could be anything...

Speculation is fine...but getting mad at the band based on the speculation is a tad bit idiotic.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2007, 05:30:30 PM »

Also, the minor recordings may have nothing to do with completing the album. ?Maybe it has to do with remixing the first single...or even a second single since the band will probably be on tour and not around to do that. ?The could re-recording something for a soundtrack or compilation. ?Maybe Axl's recording something for the next GTA. ?It could be anything...

Speculation is fine...but getting mad at the band based on the speculation is a tad bit idiotic.

Good god, of course the minor work is on the album, they are not going to delay CD because Axl is doing recordings for the next GTA. He probably has finishing vocals to put on 1 or 2 tracks on the album, which hopefully are about complete now.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2007, 05:40:55 PM »

he says a date and everyone here automatically says "but it will probly be another 2 weeks after this date".

Pretty pathetic and I have the right to say that, because I've been a GNR fan since they first came out. rant Angry

How long you have been a fan doesnt mean you have the right to say that. Being right (which you are) gives you the right to say that.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
CoreyRotic007
Opening Act

Resortin' To Violence Since '77

« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2007, 08:13:31 AM »

Dude,? you've been pretty cranky lately.

Haha!

Cranky?

You haven't seen me cranky. Trust me.

To be honest, you haven't seen me. Period.

So how would you know anything about me?

Fair enough... I don't know you. Nor do you know me, or do you know most (or any) of the other people who come here to talk GNR. That is my point precisely...I only know your demeanor from the messages posted here. And as far as not having seen you be cranky - that sounds like some shit that my wife says around the same time every month. It's the damndest coincidence.
 Next...

This is is a Guns N' Roses message board. For fans to post Guns N' Roses messages.

Why are you're telling me this?
Because speculation and doubt are valid points of the Guns N Roses experience.? There are people here who don't remember the lull between GNR Lies and UYI. Additionally there may be posters here, who have recently discovered GNR, that the whole 'wait and see' approach is completely foreign to. Who gives a fuck?? Let them doubt. They'll be singing a different tune when the record comes out anyway.

Are you the moderator or the judge, jury and executioner?

No, I'm more like the admin....
Duly noted.

I don't see any need to snip at people for speculating.? We get it. You're the MIGHTY JARMO.

Of course you don't.

It's not you people are speculating about and attacking.

Assume you had a bunch of friends who did nothing more than tell you how wrong you are, how you owe them explanations about where you've been and what you're doing and on top of that spread shit about you.

I guess you'd be happy in that situation....

This place isn't here so that a few of you can bring everybody else down. All the time.

If you think it is, get the fuck out of here.

If you think I'm cranky, it just shows how little you know.

Now I'm ignorant? So people on the internet are talking smack about you? That'll happen when you make yourself the figurehead for something ( or someone) that has historically been completely unreliable. It comes with the territory. You can't please everyone all the time. Nor can anyyone please you all of the time.

I challenge you to go back and review your last 100 posts. Your 'tone' (if that applies to typed messages) has been easy to percieve as fucking rude. It's a rock band, goddamn it.
 And even though you are the king, the fans and posters here are all people too who deserve the same respect that you wish to be treated with.

I only have less respect for people who have no respect for this place and the band it supports.

There's no evidence that all you "this sucks, it's not coming out" people are right. In fact, it seems like things are moving forward, just like they're supposed to.

Yet you're the ones preaching that the rest of us are wrong.

When I react to that, I get labeled cranky.? Roll Eyes

/jarmo
In sum, I can see how some of this could eat away at the mind, and I get it. All I'm saying, man is it appears to me that there is nothing you can do (short of banning everyone who speaks of W. Axl Christ poorly) to keep the pessimists out. Look at the pretense of GNR for example. If there aren't too many songs on the records about kittens, rainbows, flowers, and chocolate chip cookies then why would everything be happy and sunny on the board for the band? It's about example and appliance.
 I believe that the record will come out. I believe it will be killer. Do I know when it will be released? No? Do I care if it is released in 2 months, 4 months, or two years? Not really. I'd like to see it sooner than later but my life will continue regardless. Let the people say what they will. It's just a record.
 I like Guns N Roses. I like this board. I just hate seeing people being run down for having an opinion. You have yours. Cool. I have mine. Cool. My wife has hers. Cool. Etc...it's only rock n' roll. Let's enjoy it.
GeraldFord
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2007, 08:56:40 AM »

If we don't hear something by the end of January, we can assume it's gonna get pushed back.  Cry
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2007, 09:00:11 AM »

Since non of us have any contact with axl , and company , what constitutes as " going along exactly as planned" ,  Jarmo ?
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2007, 09:32:43 AM »

Play.com is showing Chinese Democracy's release date as 3/5/07. Not that play.com has any firmer news than the rest of the world. I'm sure that they are probably just going off of Axl's  "open letter to the fans". Just figured I'd pass it along in case anyone cared.

"Tentative date" is better than "soon".

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
creepingvines
Headliner

exploding whispers...

« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2007, 09:49:50 AM »

How long you have been a fan doesnt mean you have the right to say that. Being right (which you are) gives you the right to say that.

i agree with all three of you, when axl gives a date, he should stick by his word.  and guess what?  even if the album comes out in september, he'll be sticking by his word.  what part of "tentative" don't you understand?  have you read the letter?  they're doing everything in their power to get it out on the 6th.  that might not be possible.  thats why people "automatically" start talking about dates farther back, and thats why its called a "tentative" release date.  the point of the letter is that all the cards are on the table from now on.  they're doing their best to meet the date and they'll keep us posted on any developments/changes.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: