Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:18:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  8 Weeks to Go
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 8 Weeks to Go  (Read 55537 times)
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2007, 11:17:55 AM »

I think Axl likes to build suspense.?
That's obvious. He's been doing that for years. What he doesn't apparently like to do is release albums named Chinese Democracy.  Wink

Seriously, I'm excited. At least he committed to letting us know as soon as possible a more concrete date.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2007, 11:22:58 AM »

I think some people would not be happy unless there was hourly updates from Axl on the state of the album? Wink

That would be nice! hihi

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
robd788
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2007, 11:45:30 AM »

I know I am new here and you all probbly think my opinion means nothing.  As far as Axls letter goes he stated that he will let us know if their is a delay.  As there has been no update we must assume everything is on track.  Just because their is no date on Universals website and some spokesman in Canada has no info doesnt mean that axl hasnt submitted CD to Universal for all we know he may have already.
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2007, 11:51:37 AM »

>>> I'll be somebody online!"

/jarmo
<<<
 And even though you are the king, the fans and posters here are all people too who deserve the same respect that you wish to be treated with.

This is actually a pretty good and fair point and observation. yes ok

Perhaps /jarmo needs a self-induced banning/vacation for a week or two??? nervous Shocked confused

You know, get some sun, drink some beer and live your life.

Forget about this shit for a bit and come back here fully re-charged. yes ok beer smoking

Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2007, 11:57:26 AM »

I don't know why... but I have a feeling that it will be turned in today...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2007, 12:00:46 PM »

maybe yesterday maybe tomorrow

I think some people would not be happy unless there was hourly updates from Axl on the state of the album  Wink

I doubt it.  I can see those people still finding something to whine about in the content of each update.

I bet they are happy to moan.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2007, 12:01:38 PM »

I run a GN'R fan site because I enjoy doing it.

Most of the time, it's fun. It's just certain moments that's not as fun as the rest. I don't like banning people. But I know I have to in order to keep some kind of order.

If I didn't enjoy doing this, I'd stop.

Simple as that.

I went to North America in November and had the time of my life. Last year was amazing and it's all because of this site and the band it's dedicated to. I saw new places, new faces, old friends and had a great time.

I don't really think I want a break from all that....  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2007, 12:10:29 PM »

Axl does what he likes to do, and most of the times, it doesn?t match with what other people likes..

If Axl wanna jump down in the crowd and punch a guy..He does it

If Axl wanna ?wait a little moore to finish the album, he does it...

When it comes, it comes...And i really hope that they cnacelled the tour to work on the album, and i hope they made good progress..Because the reason the tour stopped was lame..When your?e going on a tour...Don?t make other plans while beeing on the road !

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2007, 12:13:21 PM »

I went to North America in November and had the time of my life. Last year was amazing and it's all because of this site and the band it's dedicated to. I saw new places, new faces, old friends and had a great time.

/jarmo

Here, here.  As far as I'm concerned, activity on the boards supports the other activities you do regarding the band - Going to show's, enjoying the music, meeting other fans etc etc.  I think some people have the priorities in the other direction  hihi
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2007, 12:17:54 PM »

I don't like banning people.

Last year was amazing and it's all because of this site and the band it's dedicated to. I saw new places, new faces, old friends and had a great time.

/jarmo

2006 was amazing and full of positive things for GNR and us too. ok

Toronto was a kickass show for sure. beer

And, I'm sure that you don't like banning people as it must suck the dog-bone pretty badly. crying

All I've been trying to say to you and everyone on here is that it's really not worth getting bent out of shape over any of this shit man. no

You are included in that sentiment /jarmo, even though it's a necessary evil for you to have to maintain law and order around here. Kiss

I just wish everyone would calm down a bit and relax as Axl said what he said and all we can do is believe the guy and wait and see what happens. yes

Like fuck man, if Axl doesn't live up to what his letter stated (and who really gives a flying fuck if Beta drafted it up for him anyway??? Huh That's her fucking job, as Axl's aide. rant) there'll be plenty of time afterwards for all the lame-ass negative fucks to complain and complain and bitch and whine and moan. Right???

anythinggoes
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2007, 12:19:14 PM »

I don't really think I want a break from all that....? Tongue

/jarmo

I must admit this last two months has been painful and slow and i predict another month before the activity starts up, what i am looking forward to is a packed out summer and actually being out following the band again whereever thay may be this time
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2007, 12:28:09 PM »

How could the last two months, dec and nov of 2006, of the shows and the news including the axl letter be painful and slow for a fan who had gone through 2003 to 2005?
Disco Volante
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2007, 12:33:47 PM »

"We do hope you can hold on just a bit longer, and if not, please take a break and we?ll be more than glad -- if you so choose -- to see you again later."

anythinggoes
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2007, 12:39:24 PM »

How could the last two months, dec and nov of 2006, of the shows and the news including the axl letter be painful and slow for a fan who had gone through 2003 to 2005?

because i had just come off a big high with everything and then i knew i wouldnt be seein them live again for 6 months see for me my little tour started 7th June and Ended 13th November with obvious breaks between but knowing i would see them very soon, now its a wating game again

ah fuck it i know what i mean  Tongue
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2007, 12:47:02 PM »

You mean you're spoiled.  hihi
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2007, 12:53:43 PM »

This is why Axl's letter doesn't make complete sense if you were take him literally as he has explained matters.

In his 'open' letter, Axl outlines how the final four remaining shows are to be canceled for the sake of Chinese Democracy.? He then says that it takes 8 weeks for an album to be given a proper launch.? But if you look at when the last concert was to be played, it's Jan. 16th, a full week after the needed date to hand in the album for it to be out for March 6th.? Why would they cancel the remaining four shows if most of the loose ends were going to be done by Jan 9th?? Of course, this is all under the assumption that it takes a full eight weeks from album submission to retail sale.?

Actually, it does make sense.  Just because an album is finished doesn't mean it's finished.  Once the album is handed over ot the label, a lot of other things need to be done like artwork (for the album and publicity shots), promotion photography, video, singles and b-sides.  Axl will more than likely want to sign off on everything, hence the extended availibility to do so.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
anythinggoes
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2007, 12:55:38 PM »

You mean you're spoiled.? hihi

What because i spent my hard earned money to follow a band i have loved since the eighties and through my childhood past all the silent years to be treated to what happend last year. Err No  Tongue
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2007, 01:14:14 PM »

To me, as a current GNR fan the last year was the most fruitful one ever. What more wonderful is that the more beautiful things are ahead of us.  ok

Adler_Sorum_Brain, People tend to think everything is on axl but I think otherwise. I guess the record company whatever label it might be, has its own agenda that can oppose that of axl/the band.
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2007, 02:01:11 PM »

I wonder when Bach said " I know when Chinese Democracy is coming out",  if he also was told that 3/6/07 is the "tentative day".

If I were a bettin man I'd have to go w/ closer to June, possibly right around the beginning of summer. Maybe a single in late March/early April.  But, that is just my opinion, guess, or hypothesis. I, along w/ the rest of you, really have no clue.

But, here's to praying that 3/6/07 is really the day !!!

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Joblow
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2007, 02:55:47 PM »

WoW, what a bunch of tools we all are to this man... he says a date and everyone here automatically says "but it will probly be another 2 weeks after this date". If the man says something he should stick by his word.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: