Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 08:43:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228005 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  8 Weeks to Go
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 8 Weeks to Go  (Read 55890 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #220 on: January 12, 2007, 03:15:57 PM »

The PITA strikes again.... but that just proves the fact that you're the bad loser Cheesy
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #221 on: January 12, 2007, 04:15:54 PM »

well neemo.....   none of these quotes, except for merck`s in 2005 and axl?s 2006 quotes sound really convincing do they? a tentative release date is a little more precise and promising.....
How convincing did this sound?

"There are a lot of new songs that were just done in the last year that we feel that ?Okay, well that bumps a lot of stuff of the previous list,? but it?s time to stop that now and wrap up the baby.  It feels right, the timing, and a lot of things.  We?ve sorted it down to what songs are on the record.  What the sequence of the songs is.  The album cover art is ready.? ? Axl Rose (August, 2002)

well......  as convincing as the quotes from neemo. i still prefer a tentative release date over this vague comment. you can dig up any quote you want, there was never a date like the one we have at the moment (don`t get me wrong james.... i don`t trust axl on that one, but i do trust him on the promise to do a lot to get it out soon thereafter. i don?t think he`ll do everything he possibly can to get it out though hihi)

i guess it`s a matter of weeks until we get the release date. i said the same in 2006, but everything points to it being done or almost done now. we`ll see, i definitely won`t beliebe anything until we hear from universal...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #222 on: January 12, 2007, 04:34:54 PM »

Obviously if it's out on March 7th, some will call him a liar....

They'd say the same if its before the 6th too!

Just another thought to the 8 weeks thing (and don't forget thats APPROX 8 WEEKS) is that the? peace normal peace way an album is delivered.

eg that the master, art-work and everything else associated with producing an album from a nothing at the record company at all to appearing in some muses office, then it takes 8 weeks from a standing start.?

Or would it take 8 weeks having already submitted say the artwork, albums credits, lyrics etc...

Would suspect the former in which case that possibly that the master may only require 6 weeks from hand in to release date.?

Whatever happens not interested in any leaks before release date and just want to enjoy a non-stop CD orgy fest for a few days once its in my hands...

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #223 on: January 12, 2007, 04:40:24 PM »

Not that I want to stir up anything but what's the real difference between "hope to", "plan to" and "tentative"?   Is another way off not committing just this time with a month, day and year date.

I don't know about you, but when somebody gives me a tentative date when something's supposed to happen, I kinda assume something will happen around that date.

If somebody says "I hope to do this in the summer" or "I plan to do that next summer", I'm thinking "well, maybe it'll happen in the summer".

But that's just me.

/jarmo

Well he said Fall too and that didn't happen and said it a couple times and seemed very firm about it.  I'd take that as tentative too but that didn't happen, I don't take a date here to hold that much value as far as anything different he has said in the past....that's me.

But all's fair, we'll see what happens.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
andypa1
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #224 on: January 12, 2007, 04:49:35 PM »

I cant believe we had this freaking awesome letter, and I really thought it was coming out March 6 and now all these "fans" are pissing on my parade  crying
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #225 on: January 12, 2007, 04:54:50 PM »

I cant believe we had this freaking awesome letter, and I really thought it was coming out March 6 and now all these "fans" are pissing on my parade  crying

Well just be thankful  they aren't pissing on you.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #226 on: January 12, 2007, 05:06:07 PM »

I'll be absolutely shocked if the cd comes out in March. If we're lucky, maybe on/around March 6th, Axl will give us another statement telling us that now the cd will be out on X date.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #227 on: January 12, 2007, 05:16:04 PM »

Well he said Fall too and that didn't happen and said it a couple times and seemed very firm about it.  I'd take that as tentative too but that didn't happen, I don't take a date here to hold that much value as far as anything different he has said in the past....that's me.

True. But when somebody says a date, I just assume it's a bit more than just "next year", "in the fall" or something similar....

I used draft as verb Jarmo, meaning to write. Which in that case would mean exactly what I posted before. You are really an extremely intelligent person!!!
Before you refute something I say, next time learn the difference between a verb and a noun  Tongue Seems like you're the one who can't keep up with my "bullshit"  peace

/vince  rofl

You changed "wrote us a letter" to "helped draft".

There's a difference in writing a whole letter and helping to draft one.

Either way, you have absolutely no fucking proof that what you're saying is right.

Oh, and you promised to leave this thread, I still see you posting. More bullshit from you. But it's expected.

I don't expect somebody like you to be able to keep your word.  peace

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GunsN'Gravy
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #228 on: January 12, 2007, 05:24:39 PM »

Well he said Fall too and that didn't happen and said it a couple times and seemed very firm about it.? I'd take that as tentative too but that didn't happen, I don't take a date here to hold that much value as far as anything different he has said in the past....that's me.

True. But when somebody says a date, I just assume it's a bit more than just "next year", "in the fall" or something similar....

I used draft as verb Jarmo, meaning to write. Which in that case would mean exactly what I posted before. You are really an extremely intelligent person!!!
Before you refute something I say, next time learn the difference between a verb and a noun? Tongue Seems like you're the one who can't keep up with my "bullshit"? peace

/vince? rofl

You changed "wrote us a letter" to "helped draft".

There's a difference in writing a whole letter and helping to draft one.

Either way, you have absolutely no fucking proof that what you're saying is right.

Oh, and you promised to leave this thread, I still see you posting. More bullshit from you. But it's expected.

I don't expect somebody like you to be able to keep your word.? peace

/jarmo

Are you ever in a good mood? Do you only come to your website to vent or something?

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature
kingaxl
Banned
Rocker

im no prophet but i can tell you somethin!!!!!

« Reply #229 on: January 12, 2007, 05:32:32 PM »

jarmo...lock it plz you're goin nowhere??oops sorry this thread goin nowhere ok ok

she took my sperm without my permission!!!
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #230 on: January 12, 2007, 05:38:24 PM »

jarmo...lock it plz you're goin nowhere??oops sorry this thread goin nowhere ok ok

Ha...ha...ha. Really funny there, ace.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #231 on: January 12, 2007, 05:39:58 PM »

I look at the tour and the album as too different entities....I mean dont get me wrong its fucking awesome that GNR and axl are back in the public eye, and (as i did in 2002) i got my hopes up for a album release. there were very few bumps in the tour this time which is in itself a step forward, and the band seems tighter than ever, and its great to hear new news of Axl and crew everyday, BBF is a great addition to the band, their look as a band has finally solidified, and an official website has been launched. IT HAS BEEN A GREAT YEAR FOR GUNS N ROSES!!!

but.....

in 1999:

Quote from: Axl on MTV
Loder: When do you think we will actually see this album? Is it possible to say early next year?

Rose: We're hoping. Yes, definitely, everything seems to be going well. Robin's departure was abrupt, sudden, you know, not expected...

in 2000

Quote from: Axl in Rolling Stone
Having failed to deliver a new album by the end of the twentieth century, is Rose ready to commit to releasing a record sometime during the twenty-first?

''Yes, I think that would definitely be the right time,'' he answers, a slight grin coming to his face.

The new Guns N Roses album is tentatively titled Chinese Democracy and loosely scheduled for summer 2000.

In 2001

Quote from: Axl on the Radio in Chile
DJ: When is it gonna be the new album? Is it possible that we're gonna have a new record from Guns N' Roses?

Axl: Yes, I've heard. Um, hopefully we will put out a new single umm sometime this spring and then the record gonna be done in June or shortly thereafter.

In 2002

Quote from: Axl @ the MTV Awards
Kurt: What's gonna happen now? Is Chinese Democracy going to come out? Are we gonna see it soon?

Axl: Umm you'll see it, I dont know if soon is the word. But it will come out and we will, we'll go back, we'll do some more recording and then we'll start the American leg of the tour... And see how it goes from there.

2003 - no word

Quote from: Axl's Press Release
We greatly appreciate Bucket's contributions and remain open to "discussions" as there are obviously several issues to resolve. In the meantime rather than dwelling on the negative, Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further. Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months.

Quote from: tommy in the LA Times
"That record's really close to being completed and put out," he added, but declined to guess when exactly that will be.

Quote from: Merck's letter to the New York Times
His only interest is making the best album he is capable of so that it can have a positive affect in 2005 on people who are enthusiasts of music and interested in Guns N' Roses. His artistic integrity is such that he has chosen to do so without compromise at great personal sacrifice which makes him a soft target for the sort of rubbish you have chosen to print. I believe he will have the last laugh.

early 2006

Quote from: Axl on KROQ
DJ: The cd is coming out later this year?
Axl: Yes, absolutely.

Late 2006

Quote from: Axl's open letter
It takes approximately eight weeks for an album to hit the shelves once it has been turned in to the record company. For whatever reasons, it appears that it may have been mistakenly inferred by management that this time period could be condensed to three weeks. With that being said, this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6. This is the first time we have done this publicly for this album. Others have made up all the other dates for their own reasons. We would like to assure the fans that everything in our power will be done to meet this date. Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible. We thank you for your patience.

I find it funny how all you "LONG TIME" fans can conveneiently forget this chain of events, and say that we have never received promises from Axl or the band or management before....and excuse me if, to me, it looks like history is repeating itself.

Let me reiterate, this has been a great year for GnR, and I'l love as much as anyone for the album to be out yesterday....but until i get a release date from Geffen i'm not believing shit from anybody. Tongue suck on that peace

and crowebar i find it amazing that you can kiss both Jarmo's and axl asses at the same time so proficiently, tahts quite a feat my freind ok

In not a single one of those quotes did he ever once give a DATE.

Once again, this is the FIRST TIME this has ever happened!  ok

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #232 on: January 12, 2007, 05:49:44 PM »

I'm not sure why all the Axl hate because he lied about a March 6th deadline that has yet to happen?  I mean it is still January, right?  I didn't Rip Van Winkle a couple months away, did I?  On March 7th...if we haven't heard one word about the album...then I can understand the angst.  Until then...relax.

Hey Jarmo, can you create a "whiner and complainer" section for all these haters to go to so they can run their mouths without bothering us fans?

Either that or banish them to the Fall Out Boy message board with all the other teenage drama queens. 

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #233 on: January 12, 2007, 05:50:52 PM »

"With that being said, this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6." - W. Axl Rose

The important parts are highlighted for the retards. ?Roll Eyes

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
madagas
« Reply #234 on: January 12, 2007, 06:04:22 PM »

which means he has room to blow the date off again. ok
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #235 on: January 12, 2007, 06:10:21 PM »

which means he has room to blow the date off again. ok

No, what it means to those who are 'thick', is that if for whatever reason something doesn't happen, and this date is pushed back, he was upfront & honest, and told you from the start that it was NOT set in stone.

Anyone who goes around saying "Axl promised CD on March 6th, and didn't deliver", is now a complete liar, and should be sued for defamation of character.

ok
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 06:13:45 PM by The Legend » Logged

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
JeRrYFaR
Rocker

Chinese Democracy will arrive in 2007...

« Reply #236 on: January 12, 2007, 06:37:27 PM »

Somehow I knew a thread would get started about how "Axl's not telling the truth" even though he was up-front and honest that this is a tentative release-date.

I hope it is released then or shortly after, but that's of course up to him, the band, the management, the record label, the cd pressers, etc.. etc..

I still think something will happen though, and if it doesn't, it's not like he lied to us..

On another board I wrote a thread that said "Enough already" and the body said "release the damn thing" but that was only cuz I was pissed it hadn't come out yet and it was before Axl explained what was going on, so before anyone brings that up, I'm not being a hypocrite.

-Dave

"They're out ta' get me!!  They won't catch me!!  I'm fuckin' innocent.. so you can BITE me!!!  Take that to your Southern California heart!!!" W. Axl Rose - KROQ Inland Invasion 2006
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #237 on: January 12, 2007, 06:45:47 PM »

I think the ONLY thing holding this album up at this point is Axl trying to decide : Do I use Buckethead's solo on T.W.A.T. or do I use Finck's ?   Grin

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #238 on: January 12, 2007, 06:59:59 PM »

Hey Jarmo, can you create a "whiner and complainer" section for all these haters to go to so they can run their mouths without bothering us fans?

Either that or banish them to the Fall Out Boy message board with all the other teenage drama queens. 

I prefer your second option.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EFISH
« Reply #239 on: January 12, 2007, 07:05:12 PM »

I prefer your second option.  hihi

/jarmo
Hmm..... I always took you as a Fall Out Boy kinda guy.

hihi
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: