Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 01:26:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227938 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  8 Weeks to Go
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 8 Weeks to Go  (Read 55527 times)
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #240 on: January 12, 2007, 07:38:46 PM »

hostility....i never understand it...or all the speculation...relax people.   enjoy gnr ruling the world this year!!

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #241 on: January 12, 2007, 07:54:35 PM »

Fucking Christ, can't some of you wait until March 6 or 8 or whatever the hell it is before you start busting on the CD. I mean - fuck - you're not for anything. If Axl walked CD to your house, you'd be pissed because he didn't run.
Go hang out on the New Kids on the Block Web site (or whatever the hell constitutes dusche-bag music nowadays).

A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #242 on: January 12, 2007, 09:00:10 PM »

Fucking Christ, can't some of you wait until March 6 or 8 or whatever the hell it is before you start busting on the CD. I mean - fuck - you're not for anything. If Axl walked CD to your house, you'd be pissed because he didn't run.
Go hang out on the New Kids on the Block Web site (or whatever the hell constitutes dusche-bag music nowadays).

We'd know well before March 6th if it's coming out then or not. But I think by the time we could say for definate if March 6h could be written off we'll have a statement regarding the album be it good or bad.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #243 on: January 12, 2007, 09:20:13 PM »

"With that being said, this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6." - W. Axl Rose

The important parts are highlighted for the retards.  Roll Eyes

Wow, that's quite intelligent, isn't it?

Look, some people choose not to believe Axl on March 6th.  That's their choice.  If you disagree with them, that's fine, but calling them retards help no one and only serves to make this a bitter place to come.  To label anyone who's skeptical over the album coming out in March a retard is moronic.  Saying, I'm skeptical isn't being a hater or a whiner, they're just really unsure of whether the band will deliver or not.  Some have even argued that since we're already in the eight week period and nothing seems to be brewing from the outside looking in, there's reason to wonder.  Better question, how could anyone not be skeptical about this date, as it is tentative. 

If you want to have a discussion about it, that's cool, but everyone should drop the name calling (retards, whiners, haters).  To me, this is the only interesting topic right now as we don't have much else to talk about.  How great 2006 was has been done to death.  What's wrong with a little speculation?

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #244 on: January 12, 2007, 09:43:40 PM »

Ok, here's some specualation for you:

The album will be out later this year and the band will tour around the world.

See, that's positive. And not "the album won't be out on March 6th and Axl's a liar. They never play my home town and they refuse to play the songs I picked! crying "

hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
vince41090
Banned
Headliner

All the love in the world couldn't save you...

« Reply #245 on: January 12, 2007, 10:16:02 PM »

Well he said Fall too and that didn't happen and said it a couple times and seemed very firm about it.  I'd take that as tentative too but that didn't happen, I don't take a date here to hold that much value as far as anything different he has said in the past....that's me.

But all's fair, we'll see what happens.

True. But when somebody says a date, I just assume it's a bit more than just "next year", "in the fall" or something similar....

I used draft as verb Jarmo, meaning to write. Which in that case would mean exactly what I posted before. You are really an extremely intelligent person!!!
Before you refute something I say, next time learn the difference between a verb and a noun  Tongue Seems like you're the one who can't keep up with my "bullshit"  peace

/vince  rofl

You changed "wrote us a letter" to "helped draft".

There's a difference in writing a whole letter and helping to draft one.

Either way, you have absolutely no fucking proof that what you're saying is right.

Oh, and you promised to leave this thread, I still see you posting. More bullshit from you. But it's expected.

I don't expect somebody like you to be able to keep your word.  peace

/jarmo

That must be because your word means soooo much more than mine!!! I mean we have no reason not to believe anything you say Jarmo. Basically everything you have said has been right, especially on the subject of the Chinese Democracy release date  ok You're 100% correct all the time and your "inside" information that makes you so much better than me is extremely reliable!!! Why question anything on this forum anymore? I mean if Jarmo says it, then it must be true  Grin

"Hey, Axl, put the thing out- it already sounds better than Velvet Revolver"
~Rolling Stone Magazine
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #246 on: January 12, 2007, 10:42:00 PM »

There are currently 8 Tuesdays til March 6.

beer

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #247 on: January 12, 2007, 11:16:15 PM »

Look, I don't drink the Axl Kool-Aid (a lot ofyou young fuckers probably don't even know what that measn), but keep the faith for Christs' sake. Don't bitch until after early March.
Ya' never know.

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #248 on: January 13, 2007, 03:20:08 AM »

See, that's positive. And not "the album won't be out on March 6th and Axl's a liar. They never play my home town and they refuse to play the songs I picked! crying "

hihi

/jarmo

Exactly. It's P-O-S-I-T-I-V-E! It hasn't even been a year since GNR's return and people are already getting greedy. Last time I checked we waited eight years to see them again, they came, short-lived, we waited another four years, and they are back again, and this time they are here to stay!  ok

I haven't forgotton the wait, to just see them again, let alone a new album. 2006 has been the best year in GNR-history since 1993. I can't believe all of these people, because a few dates were cancelled, are comparing this to 2002! 2006 has been NOTHING like 2002, and I can't believe anyone truely believes that.

Guys, "Round 2" is finally here. Frankie sez - "Relax"!

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Orgasmatron
Headliner

Hey, Chicken Boy..

« Reply #249 on: January 13, 2007, 05:07:15 AM »

Well he said Fall too and that didn't happen and said it a couple times and seemed very firm about it.  I'd take that as tentative too but that didn't happen, I don't take a date here to hold that much value as far as anything different he has said in the past....that's me.

But all's fair, we'll see what happens.

True. But when somebody says a date, I just assume it's a bit more than just "next year", "in the fall" or something similar....

I used draft as verb Jarmo, meaning to write. Which in that case would mean exactly what I posted before. You are really an extremely intelligent person!!!
Before you refute something I say, next time learn the difference between a verb and a noun  Tongue Seems like you're the one who can't keep up with my "bullshit"  peace

/vince  rofl

You changed "wrote us a letter" to "helped draft".

There's a difference in writing a whole letter and helping to draft one.

Either way, you have absolutely no fucking proof that what you're saying is right.

Oh, and you promised to leave this thread, I still see you posting. More bullshit from you. But it's expected.

I don't expect somebody like you to be able to keep your word.  peace

/jarmo

That must be because your word means soooo much more than mine!!! I mean we have no reason not to believe anything you say Jarmo. Basically everything you have said has been right, especially on the subject of the Chinese Democracy release date  ok You're 100% correct all the time and your "inside" information that makes you so much better than me is extremely reliable!!! Why question anything on this forum anymore? I mean if Jarmo says it, then it must be true  Grin

Has Axl ever given you a shout out at a show? So shut your god damn fuckin' mouth. rant

The Spaghetti Incident? on NEWGNR.com is quite simply put; God!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #250 on: January 13, 2007, 08:28:49 AM »

hihi

/jarmo

Exactly. It's P-O-S-I-T-I-V-E! It hasn't even been a year since GNR's return and people are already getting greedy. Last time I checked we waited eight years to see them again, they came, short-lived, we waited another four years, and they are back again, and this time they are here to stay!? ok

I haven't forgotton the wait, to just see them again, let alone a new album. 2006 has been the best year in GNR-history since 1993. I can't believe all of these people, because a few dates were cancelled, are comparing this to 2002! 2006 has been NOTHING like 2002, and I can't believe anyone truely believes that.

Guys, "Round 2" is finally here. Frankie sez - "Relax"!

Exactly! I wonder how many people that compare this to 2002 actually experienced 2002 as a fan or maybe they just heard things about GNR that year. I dunno. Either way, to me 2006 was awesome and 2007 looks even better at this point.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #251 on: January 13, 2007, 10:46:02 AM »

What I say is usually based on facts.

As you get older, hopefully you'll understand the difference between fact and fiction.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #252 on: January 13, 2007, 11:40:25 AM »

Maybe we'll hear from Axl or his management this week to let us know that the Cd's been turned in to the label and the March 6 release is now firm.  ok

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #253 on: January 13, 2007, 12:10:31 PM »

Or maybe we'll hear otherwise.  Tongue  And even then I'll be happy to hear the news and a new date.

As you get older, hopefully you'll understand the difference between fact and fiction.  ok

/jarmo

Unfortunately, some people just go gaga before starting to distinguish fact and fiction.  Tongue
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #254 on: January 13, 2007, 12:11:41 PM »

Maybe we'll hear from Axl or his management this week to let us know that the Cd's been turned in to the label and the March 6 release is now firm.? ok

Not to be rude to you, but it's expectations like these that cause people to be let down.

Why can't we just wait for communication to come when it does instead of setting our own time lines?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
kingaxl
Banned
Rocker

im no prophet but i can tell you somethin!!!!!

« Reply #255 on: January 13, 2007, 12:16:49 PM »

That must be because your word means soooo much more than mine!!! I mean we have no reason not to believe anything you say Jarmo. Basically everything you have said has been right, especially on the subject of the Chinese Democracy release date? ok You're 100% correct all the time and your "inside" information that makes you so much better than me is extremely reliable!!! Why question anything on this forum anymore? I mean if Jarmo says it, then it must be true? Grin

What I say is usually based on facts.

As you get older, hopefully you'll understand the difference between fact and fiction.? ok

/jarmo
i dont want become old and running a has-been band's site and constantly defending a guy so fucked up in the head than he cant tell difference between his dick and a ponytail!!!thats a point!!

she took my sperm without my permission!!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #256 on: January 13, 2007, 12:27:18 PM »

i dont want become old and running a has-been band's site and constantly defending a guy so fucked up in the head than he cant tell difference between his dick and a ponytail!!!thats a point!!

Who are you talking about? Surely you're not posting the site as a fan of the guy?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #257 on: January 13, 2007, 12:33:41 PM »

Now you don't have to worry about posting on a "has-been band"'s site either. Bye bye. wave

That's the thing with many of these so called "objective fans". Once they admit what they really think, it's obvious they don't belong here.

/jarmo

GunsN'Gravy
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #258 on: January 13, 2007, 01:11:14 PM »

Now you don't have to worry about posting on a "has-been band"'s site either. Bye bye. wave

That's the thing with many of these so called "objective fans". Once they admit what they really think, it's obvious they don't belong here.

/jarmo

I'm not sure if facist, pissy, crybaby webmasters who kiss ass so they in turn can have their ass kissed bewlongs anywhere./

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature
axlschild
Headliner

..when your taking to yourself..and nobody's home

« Reply #259 on: January 13, 2007, 01:26:05 PM »

/jarmo

I'm not sure if facist, pissy, crybaby webmasters who kiss ass so they in turn can have their ass kissed bewlongs anywhere./

does anyone post things about the band anymore or is it all just insult hurling around here now??? Huh

assholes!!!? (sorry just wanted to join in)? ? lol hihi

Don't play your guitar when your talking to me...

Milton Keynes '93
Leeds '02
Download '06
Sheffield '06
Nottingham '06
Leeds '10
Birmingham '12
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: