Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 03:11:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 607300 times)
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #100 on: July 05, 2004, 03:04:54 AM »

I don't think we'll hear a single this summer, maybe sometime in september or october, when in those months would probably depend on how late in november cd is released, but if this is true, we should hear a single in a couple of months, the thought of that arouses me. nervous

What Goes around comes around!
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #101 on: July 05, 2004, 03:12:44 AM »

here is the small clip we all talk about chinese democracy on vh1

http://gnrvenezuela.cjb.net

Man, thank you for the link.

From VH1:

"Axl's album, Chinese Democracy, is finally slated for release in November of 2004."

>This is music to my motherfucking ears. This deserves its own special bowl of "fuck yea!"

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
teroz
Opening Act

Boyz are Gonna Rock ?

« Reply #102 on: July 05, 2004, 07:10:46 AM »

Hoping & waiting
The Michelin-Man
Headliner

Appetite For Destruction = BEST RECORD EVER!!!

« Reply #103 on: July 05, 2004, 07:18:11 AM »

november '04???  rofl ... yeah right ...  hihi

Guns N' Roses / Velvet Revolver / Adler's Appetite
Finn-k?ki
Opening Act

My World

« Reply #104 on: July 05, 2004, 07:52:26 AM »

Maybe Dizzy ment that it shall be out by thanksgivin' 04! Remember that rumour from last year?

I just wonder why we would hear it first from VH1. Im gettin' my hopes up again crying I will never watch VH1 again if this is bullshit...  Tongue

But where is the statement! If Axl really postponed BTM because of this; why doesnt he hit us whit another letter allready... Come on Axl! Make it happen!!! We're all hanging here after yesterday. I havent slept at all. I WANT TO KNOW!!! I need... Coffee Huh

Help meeee
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #105 on: July 05, 2004, 08:16:10 AM »

Blabbermouth has just covered this rumour.

Perhaps if it spreads enough the record company will be forced to make an official statement, one way or another as to the status.

Fingers crossed this is the real thing.

Here today...ready to rock
EET_FUK
Rocker

« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2004, 08:43:31 AM »

Blabbermouth has just covered this rumour.

Perhaps if it spreads enough the record company will be forced to make an official statement, one way or another as to the status.

Fingers crossed this is the real thing.

Riiiiiiiiiight....As we know, the record company has been quick to shoot down ALL the rumors over hte years.  They'd be putting out a press release every ohter day of they responded to EVERY rumor.

Wake me in late November.  We've heard it all before.  From people like Axl and his manager.  Let me guess, they're gonna try another fall tour in the U.S. too?
Siliconmessiah
« Reply #107 on: July 05, 2004, 08:57:29 AM »

Long time no see gunners!

We?ll see a Euro tour in the fall, and I guess we?ll get the album too.

It?s not bull this time. That?s it.

Think about it. 4 fucking months ?til we?ll see MADDY, BLUES & RHIAD on CD! =)
Bubba St. Rose
Headliner

Jim Norton is my dad. O&A Party Rocks!

« Reply #108 on: July 05, 2004, 10:21:18 AM »

We have heard this sort of thing so many times, and of course November makes sense record sales wise, but I will not be a believer until the record is actually in my hands. Alot can happen in 4-5 months in the world of Axl Rose. I hope it does though.

Unfortunatley i think that november isnt a good month because it is not a tv "sweeps" month.  Even though this has nothing to do with music the tv sweeps months are wehn record sales are the highest. because people are willing to pay for the advertising...
ps. photographic journalism major....also wasted..4th of July.....~~ yeah
Of all the things written on this subject, this might be the dumbest. Tv ratings? Please. November is the absolute best month to release things like CDs and DVDS (Lord of the Rings box, Nemo last year, ect.) because thanksgiving weekend is the busiest shopping day of the year and many, many units of Chinese Democracy would sell if it was indeed released on thanksgiving week (late november). And then every week until christmas more and more copies are purchased as people search for christmas gifts. Use your head.

Opie and Anthony XM Satellite Radio 202 High Voltage Spread the Virus
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #109 on: July 05, 2004, 11:19:03 AM »

They said;

"We have not scheduled the album for release yet and any reports to the contrary are simply attempts by factions of the media to lend credibility to their false reports."

I'll try track down the VH1 researchers later in the week to find out where they got their info from

Happy holidays  Smiley
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #110 on: July 05, 2004, 11:21:40 AM »

humm!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
madagas
« Reply #111 on: July 05, 2004, 11:22:32 AM »

Imagine that...
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #112 on: July 05, 2004, 11:23:39 AM »

Thanks Mysteron (cough cough)Axl(cough cough)

I guess with Guns N Roses you just cant get you hopes up. For the people who are gonna get pissed off now cause VH1 said it was coming. Someday you will have to learn is that anything you hear inregards to a release date of CD take it with a grain of salt until you actually see the album in you record store.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #113 on: July 05, 2004, 11:23:51 AM »

Of all the things written on this subject, this might be the dumbest. Tv ratings? Please. November is the absolute best month to release things like CDs and DVDS (Lord of the Rings box, Nemo last year, ect.) because thanksgiving weekend is the busiest shopping day of the year and many, many units of Chinese Democracy would sell if it was indeed released on thanksgiving week (late november). And then every week until christmas more and more copies are purchased as people search for christmas gifts. Use your head.
I agree. Some people wasn't born for business around here  hihi
There are very bad businessman around here...wow...I've never seen that in my life!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 11:24:39 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #114 on: July 05, 2004, 11:24:56 AM »

This would be funny if it weren't so sad.  Sad

I'm not sure what to think.  November would have been perfect.  But if the album isn't done after 7 or so years, then it is probably an overproduced and bloated piece of shit that has gone through so many changes that it has lost itself.  Man this is bad news.  And coupled with the news that Tommy will be on tour for most of 2005, we are back to square one (i.e. 1998).  Cry

Pathetic.

-TyRod-
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #115 on: July 05, 2004, 11:28:29 AM »

Well, that sucks.  I hope by "have not scheduled the album for release yet" they just mean they haven't officially announced it yet... or something along those lines, even if it's internally planned.  Probably not, but who knows.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
fixintodie
« Reply #116 on: July 05, 2004, 11:28:41 AM »

Axl needs to open his fucking mouth and either give us CD or stop wasting his fans, his band's and his own time. Like Tommy said 'CD is finished.'

WHAT is the fucking problem.  Cry
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #117 on: July 05, 2004, 11:29:05 AM »

CD could technically still come out in November though, so don't be too negative

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #118 on: July 05, 2004, 11:31:06 AM »

Once again...bad news...once again: NO NEWS.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #119 on: July 05, 2004, 11:32:44 AM »

That means nothing. Imagine being ready to propose to your girlfriend after years of buildup. You're finally sure, and everything's squared away. Then one of your old, long-gone friends comes by out of the blue wanting to know something about you. You give him the information because of things he's done for you in the past, and you also say "Oh, and I'm proposing to my girlfriend in a week." He leaves, then tells the neighborhood that you're proposing in a week. Do you ADMIT it? Hell no, you say "He's a liar", and do it anyway. They aren't going to blow the first leg of promotion for this thing just because somebody who should know just might in fact know.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: