Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:21:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 606836 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #80 on: July 04, 2004, 07:07:41 PM »

Sladdi said in his site that the BTM was bashing Axl a lot
Sladdi isn't a serious guy. I had troubles with him. He is a renegate. He absolutely hates Slash, he hates the original band and think Axl is god and that the new Guns n' Roses are the best band that has ever existed in music history. He is BLIND and not objective do you see what I mean? Have you already gone to the newgnrforum? this is terrifing. They absolutely hate the old band. They are not objective and not credible.
Jarmo, Mysteron, Will, Darkmenus and some others are much more serious and reliable guys. And to tell you the truth I trust much more them than Sladdi.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2004, 07:14:19 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #81 on: July 04, 2004, 07:22:02 PM »

fuck yes! that's undoubtedly the most reliable date we've ever heard. I know for a fact, had they not confirmed a specific time period, they would have either said "with no release date in sight" or something to that effect. They definitely do not just throw "heresay" rumors around. Hell fucking yes!

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
SlashFan
« Reply #82 on: July 04, 2004, 07:32:06 PM »

Oh,please let this be true,I really want CD to be out.I am not going to get my hopes up just yet,I'm not saying it won't come out in Nov.I just don't wanna be dissapointed again,I hope it's true nervous
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #83 on: July 04, 2004, 07:40:28 PM »

Ladies and Gentlemen...

I guess my screen name says it best!  Axl 4 Prez in 2004!  Bush? Kerry?  Nope, Axl Fuckin' Rose!!!  In a landslide victory!!!  November of 2004...awesome!!!!!!  I can't wait. Smiley

-Axl4Prez2004!  love

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2004, 07:57:33 PM »

;)Its all the same to me whether its true or not (and you believe it or not). Just the same, it?s Jolly Good! * Cheesy*
Either way, the follow-ups from the band ought to come soon,  to CONFIRM or to CORRECT this news (and the release month). ok love
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2004, 08:13:38 PM »

Sladdi isn't a serious guy. I had troubles with him. He is a renegate. He absolutely hates Slash, he hates the original band and think Axl is god and that the new Guns n' Roses are the best band that has ever existed in music history. He is BLIND and not objective do you see what I mean? Have you already gone to the newgnrforum? this is terrifing. They absolutely hate the old band. They are not objective and not credible.
Jarmo, Mysteron, Will, Darkmenus and some others are much more serious and reliable guys. And to tell you the truth I trust much more them than Sladdi.
Hey dude, calm down. It's just sladdi's opinion. I quote him because I didn't see BTM yet and I found about the "november news" in his site. He's a nice guy, at least with me.
Anyways, I just checked the BTM's topic here and also some people said that Axl was bashed. I'll take my own point when someone rip the damn show in DVD to divx or something smaller.  Tongue

99 Problems
Opening Act

Duuuuurrrrr

« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2004, 08:17:04 PM »

I'm pretty sure this is gonna be a bash at Axl......especially when they talk about the new band forming and the failed tour.  I'm sure a few good points will be awarded in favor of axl.  I also bet all the interviews given will be people talking about how hard it was to work with Axl blahblabh.  This is just my opinion but c'mon look at how Axl has been put down by the mainstream media and VH1 for that matter who has jabbed fun at him in their shows before with the hair and illustrated.
Lucio92
Headliner

GNR Venezuela

« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2004, 08:32:31 PM »

here is the small clip we all talk about chinese democracy on vh1

http://gnrvenezuela.cjb.net
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #88 on: July 04, 2004, 08:38:03 PM »

here is the small clip we all talk about chinese democracy on vh1

http://gnrvenezuela.cjb.net
Thanks dude. Do you pretend to put the whole show?
Obrigado! Smiley

Lucio92
Headliner

GNR Venezuela

« Reply #89 on: July 04, 2004, 08:39:48 PM »

no i?m still download it you should go to the download section in this board to download the whole clip sorry
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #90 on: July 04, 2004, 08:51:27 PM »

no i?m still download it you should go to the download section in this board to download the whole clip sorry
No prob man. I know about the DVD in STG, but I don't have a dvd-burner and 1.6GB is a lot of space in my HD. Sad
I'm waiting for someone to rip the damn show in DVD to divx or something smaller.  ok

Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #91 on: July 04, 2004, 08:53:18 PM »

I figured there'd be a mention, my hope was it would come from axl's mouth, but ill take what I can get.

I had to work today so my friend watched the show while i was at work and on my break i called up and said, so whats the release date of chinese democracy, as a joke, and he said november 04, and until I got here I thought he was kidding about it being mentioned

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
TIPSY
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #92 on: July 04, 2004, 08:54:46 PM »

I don't read Sladdi's site, but I didn't think that BTM bashed Axl.  I think it was quite objective for one hour of information but I do think they should have mentioned Dizzy and Adler's Appetite as they mentioned VR.

On a side note, is Slash's nose ring new?  Ouch.  Isn't he afraid of snagging it on something? nervous

One part I found interesting too that no one here mentioned.  How about Steven Tyler and Joe Perry with their comments about GNR?  Interesting being that Aerosmith had their share of problems and hype and demons and they are now together again and stronger than ever.  When Slash said that they are too far from having any mutual respect for one another to reunite right now did not mean never so who knows?  I think Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven and Axl had one hell of a chemistry together and what also was intriguing was that no record company wanted to sign them.  Geffen was the only one who did.  That was odd.  You'd think they'd have offers up the ying yang.   I saw a side to Slash that just made me laugh.  He is a funny guy.
TIPSY
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #93 on: July 04, 2004, 09:38:00 PM »

LMAO @ this post from mygnr.com rofl rofl rofl

I especially like the part about how Axl is in stores and he says "lookalike" Grin

Our pessimism has really been built up hasn't it? Lol.

"CHINESE DEMOCRACY RELEASED TOMORROW!"
"Ya ya ya, heard it all before, I'm sure"
"CHINESE DEMOCRACY RELEASED IT'S IN THE STORES!"
"Ya ya ya, yeah, I'm sure, right"
"I HAVE MY COPY OF CHINESE DEMOCRACY"
"Ya ya ya, sure you have  "
"CHINESE DEMOCRACY HITS NUMBER 1"
"Ya ya ya, funny guy aren't cha?"
"VIDEO RELEASED FOR CHINESE DEMOCRACY"
"Ya ya ya, I'll believe it when I see it..."
"HERE YOU GO, I TAPED IT"
"....high quality fake"
"HERES A MPEG OF AXL ANNOUNCING CHINESE DEMOCRACY IS OUT IN STORES!"
"....lookalike"
"HERES CHINESE DEMOCRACY, THE ACTUAL ALBUM, I PLACE IT IN YOUR HANDS"
"....fake, you probably got this off ebay"
"NO LOOK, I'LL PUT IT IN THE CD PLAYER"
"...fake, 'my favourite pillow' will probably play next"
noizzynofuture
Rocker

Spread the Virus

« Reply #94 on: July 05, 2004, 12:45:23 AM »

Let's hope it's true and i'm thinking it has a legitimate shot at being accurate.

1 - I think axl has to answer the bell after contrabands release and show he's still on the music landscape and this gives him the cushion to put out CD after the hype has lessened with VR but not died.

2 - I think the timing is as good as it will ever get with GH doing as well as it is, VR making a nice splash, and the BTM being aired.  The interest in GNR is probably as high as has been in the last 10 years.  Some would argue it was higher after VMA's but i don't agree, it was a moment not a wave like this is.

3 -  I buy into the VH1 credibility.  I haven't seen the show, but what would be their motivation to mention a release date ?  I think it would be much more dramatic to hype the never ending delays with CD than to put an actual date on it's release.

It can't make slash and company too happy to here a release date on this show.  Unknowingly, he contributed to a show that could amount to a promotion of Chinese Democracy and it's release date.  

Axl would have never let this air with a promotion of Contraband --  Grin -- he would have demanded final say on the editing.
V
Headliner

The Fountainhead

« Reply #95 on: July 05, 2004, 01:22:02 AM »

I think this is TRUE because that's how publicity works!!!

Im a journalist and I know how these things are. Axl and Mtv arranged all this together to have a release date made official in a very reliable tv show like BHTM!!!

Its true, its true, I believe it!!!!!!! beer

so you're a journalist and you know how these things are

that was a good one lol thanks for the laugh
V
Headliner

The Fountainhead

« Reply #96 on: July 05, 2004, 01:23:50 AM »

LMAO @ this post from mygnr.com rofl rofl rofl

I especially like the part about how Axl is in stores and he says "lookalike" Grin

Our pessimism has really been built up hasn't it? Lol.

"CHINESE DEMOCRACY RELEASED TOMORROW!"
"Ya ya ya, heard it all before, I'm sure"
"CHINESE DEMOCRACY RELEASED IT'S IN THE STORES!"
"Ya ya ya, yeah, I'm sure, right"
"I HAVE MY COPY OF CHINESE DEMOCRACY"
"Ya ya ya, sure you have  "
"CHINESE DEMOCRACY HITS NUMBER 1"
"Ya ya ya, funny guy aren't cha?"
"VIDEO RELEASED FOR CHINESE DEMOCRACY"
"Ya ya ya, I'll believe it when I see it..."
"HERE YOU GO, I TAPED IT"
"....high quality fake"
"HERES A MPEG OF AXL ANNOUNCING CHINESE DEMOCRACY IS OUT IN STORES!"
"....lookalike"
"HERES CHINESE DEMOCRACY, THE ACTUAL ALBUM, I PLACE IT IN YOUR HANDS"
"....fake, you probably got this off ebay"
"NO LOOK, I'LL PUT IT IN THE CD PLAYER"
"...fake, 'my favourite pillow' will probably play next"

LOL nice post that was funny

i guess Guns N' Roses makes people think about

identity.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #97 on: July 05, 2004, 01:52:52 AM »

Even the most hardened cynic has to be feeling at least a hint of optimism about this, and why not?  All the reasons mentioned above are great points...If we get it, fantastic, if not, we'll all still be here....What harm is there in rallying the troops a few times a year anyhow?  Things are on the up n' up...we shall see.

beer

Joe
mrbrownstone666
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #98 on: July 05, 2004, 02:06:37 AM »

We have heard this sort of thing so many times, and of course November makes sense record sales wise, but I will not be a believer until the record is actually in my hands. Alot can happen in 4-5 months in the world of Axl Rose. I hope it does though.

Unfortunatley i think that november isnt a good month because it is not a tv "sweeps" month.  Even though this has nothing to do with music the tv sweeps months are wehn record sales are the highest. because people are willing to pay for the advertising...
ps. photographic journalism major....also wasted..4th of July.....~~ yeah
JustUsOwls
Headliner

Since I Don't Have You

« Reply #99 on: July 05, 2004, 02:33:05 AM »

I think it would be a good idea if Axl released a single this summer to prove that he means business with this one. I'm rootin' for a studio version of The Blues or Mady!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: