Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 08:32:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227976 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Sword- Old school Canadian metal
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sword- Old school Canadian metal  (Read 2131 times)
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: January 24, 2007, 10:51:53 PM »

I only have their first album (of two, and it took me forever to find it), and I'm already a huge fan of this band. Put simply, this is Canada's answer to early Jag Panzer, and unbelievably, it is about 3/4 as good! Of course, 3/4 of infinity is still really good. Wink Basically, this band made true metal that had an epic aggression that dwarfs most thrash metal, and most run of the mill black metal these days. Like most 80's pre-grunge metal bands, it had more accessible songs that complemented the heavy moments, but Sword was never a pop band. Interestingly, the band started as a Kiss-clone that later evolved into one of the most underrated "true" metal bands ever. Even Jag Panzer receives recognition today for their latests efforts (which, of course, suck compared to their 80's material)!

Thanks to the internet, matey (Wink), you too should have a chance to hear Sword. And, if you have their second album, send me a PM please.  Wink
zman
Rocker

LONG LIVE 80's METAL!!

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 11:42:09 AM »

I am a big Jag Panzer as well. I have heard of Sword but do not own anything by them. I will have to go to my local used music store and look for them. Speaking of dwarves how about the KILLER DWARFS they are from Canada too, right? They had some good albums and my favorite video STAND TALL!

If i can find the 2nd album i will let you know the used music store  in my town is great if they do not have it they will find it for you.

"IT'S ONE LOUDER ISN'T IT?"

"It's like a Sherlock Holmes story-a lot of fog and pipes."
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 02:23:34 PM »

The Sword is very cool stuff.  Age of Winters is a killer album.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 05:52:15 PM »

The Sword is a very recent band, and is very good. I'm referring to the older, better band.  Wink Killer Dwarves are pure cheese, but still fun. They're like the Manowar of glam. They don't take themselves too seriously. The music video for Stand Tall shows how records SHOULD be made.  Grin

Other good Canadian bands are Annihilator, Razor, and Voivod. I can't think of any others for now.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 08:21:26 PM »

The Sword is a very recent band, and is very good. I'm referring to the older, better band.  Wink

Ah, I see.  Well, in that case, I'll check them out!

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
zman
Rocker

LONG LIVE 80's METAL!!

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 09:13:01 AM »

The Sword is a very recent band, and is very good. I'm referring to the older, better band.? Wink Killer Dwarves are pure cheese, but still fun. They're like the Manowar of glam. They don't take themselves too seriously. The music video for Stand Tall shows how records SHOULD be made.? Grin

Other good Canadian bands are Annihilator, Razor, and Voivod. I can't think of any others for now.

Oh yeah I forgot about Annihailator Alice in Hell is an awesome album. Voivod is awesome i love there early stuff

"IT'S ONE LOUDER ISN'T IT?"

"It's like a Sherlock Holmes story-a lot of fog and pipes."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: