Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 08:33:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Led Zeppelin Thread
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Led Zeppelin Thread  (Read 99694 times)
gnrmadagascar
Headliner

Broken glass and cigarettes...

« Reply #160 on: August 01, 2007, 05:14:12 PM »

I think it would be cool as maybe a one off kind of thing, but other than that, I wouldn't want to tarnish the group's legacy (or what I percieve it to be).

Besides, did Plant say sarcastically, a few weeks back the even if there was a Zep tour, there wouldn't be enough docters to support it?

I think Steve Gorman of the Black Crowes would also be a great drummer to pound the skins for the new Zep (although it wouldn't be as sentimental as Jason playing). If you don't have the Jimmy Page & The Black Crowes - "Live At The Greek" album, do yourself a favor and go pick it up!

The Poster Formely Known as estranged13
"While I'm sitting here, doing nothing but aging, still my guitar, gently weeps..." - George Harrison
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #161 on: August 31, 2007, 08:12:54 PM »

LED ZEPPELIN To Reunite For London Gig This Fall? - Aug. 31, 2007

According to This is London, legendary rockers LED ZEPPELIN look set to reform and play the O2 arena in London, England this autumn.

There has been no official announcement that they will perform again 27 years after the group disbanded following the death of drummer John Bonham but advertisements appeared in the U.K. press today with top-price ticket and hotel packages on offer for ?369.

A cheaper package from the Premier Entertainments company, including a night in a four-star hotel, is available for ?269.

Callers today were told: "It's just about to be officially announced." Speculation had been mounting for some time that the band would get back together soon.

The three surviving members ? John Paul Jones, Robert Plant and Jimmy Page ? reunited at the Live Aid concert in Philadelphia in 1985 for a short set with Phil Collins as one of the stand-in drummers. The band's albums and song "Stairway to Heaven" have remained popular and a new best-of album is due this year.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=79869

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/music/article-23410538-details/Stairlift+to+heaven+...+Led+Zep+at+O2/article.do

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #162 on: August 31, 2007, 08:37:44 PM »

According to This is London, legendary rockers LED ZEPPELIN look set to reform and play the O2 arena in London, England this autumn.

There has been no official announcement that they will perform again 27 years after the group disbanded following the death of drummer John Bonham but advertisements appeared in the U.K. press today with top-price ticket and hotel packages on offer for ?369.

A cheaper package from the Premier Entertainments company, including a night in a four-star hotel, is available for ?269.

Callers today were told: "It's just about to be officially announced." Speculation had been mounting for some time that the band would get back together soon.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

Follow me on Twitter! @SammyBoyDpk

« Reply #163 on: August 31, 2007, 08:48:50 PM »

Well it would be AMAZING .... but i dont think it will happen

Peace

Follow me on Twitter!! @SammyBoyDpk 15,000 followers can't be wrong!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #164 on: September 04, 2007, 04:29:46 PM »

It'll happen ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #165 on: September 04, 2007, 07:25:13 PM »

The recent Van Halen tour hoo-ha proved what everybody already knows: reunion tours are big news, and even bigger business. Murmurings about a Led Zeppelin get together have been audible for quite some time (Rock Daily got Vegas odds on the reunion in June), and this weekend advertisements appeared in England offering tickets for a Zep show at the 02 in London. Promoter Harvey Goldsmith, who along with Bob Geldof brought us Live Aid, was closely involved with the launch of this venue, issued a cryptic public statement in response to the ads. ?There have been at least four events advertised which I suspect either don?t exist or where no tickets are on sale or indeed dates finalized,? Goldsmith said. His comments, which interestingly don?t include a straight-up ?it?s not happening? denial, have only fueled the reunion-rumor fires, The Guardian reports. And as we all know, ticket-vendor goofs aren?t uncommon: Here in the U.S., Ticketmaster accidentally released early information about both Bruce Springsteen and Neil Young?s upcoming tours. Earlier this year it was suggested that Zeppelin would reunite for a one-off gig honoring late Atlantic Records co-founder Ahmet Ertegun. At the time, Robert Plant dismissed this rumor with a chuckle, saying, ?If there was one, then there wouldn?t be enough doctors to support it!?

Rollingstone.com/rockdaily

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

« Reply #166 on: September 04, 2007, 08:48:44 PM »

It'll happen ok

I hope to god it dose  thay have to come to boston thow  Smiley

Peace

babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #167 on: September 05, 2007, 08:48:39 AM »

^ beat me to it - was just about to post that!  Hoo-fkn rah!
dear god there will be some serious ticket stress for this one.  starting saving now!  peace
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #168 on: September 05, 2007, 08:56:59 AM »

i wonder HOW they will go onsale - presales, fan club?, sign-up and pot luck....  If i dont get a ticket, i'll fkn stand outside.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #169 on: September 05, 2007, 10:23:59 AM »

Orgasmic. drool

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #170 on: September 05, 2007, 03:08:32 PM »

According to MetalSucks, LED ZEPPELIN has a hold for a possible reunion show on November 26 at the O2 Arena in London. For those who aren't familiar with the way booking works, an artist's agent will generally place a "hold" on a venue when considering doing a show there; this prevents the venue from booking any other artists on that date, but the venue does not yet have to pay a deposit (typically 50 percent) to the artist because no formal offer has been made and the show is not officially confirmed. So while this latest bit of news certainly doesn't confirm that the show is happening, it absolutely lends credibility to the notion that this show is being seriously discussed. There is no word on whether any other venues in London are being held by LED ZEPPELIN on that date.

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #171 on: September 05, 2007, 05:34:18 PM »

Thank God if this is true. It is just sad it took them until they were in there 60's to do this, as fans have been waiting almost 30 years now. It didn't say in that blurb, but I would think Jason would be playing drums as sentimentally it will help given that John is no longer with us and he was such a big part of Zeppelin. I remember Plant and Page doing there thing a decade or so again and even though the Zeppelin songs they played most likely won't sound much different now, it will be fucking awesome to see them on the same stage together with John Paul under the Zeppelin banner. Plant without Page never felt right, Plant and Page without Zeppelin also not quite right, Plant, Page and Jones (with Jason) is going to remind the world why Zeppelin are the legends they are and just how special the chemistry they had really was. It's just a shame John isn't around to partake. They could do a major stadium tour, probably multiple nights in any city they chose. It will be interesting to see how many dates they are willing to do if this is anything more than just a one-off.
LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

« Reply #172 on: September 05, 2007, 08:10:03 PM »

Wohhhhhhhhh This  i gona be good baby!!!............ but i am not spending 1000 for 2 tickets haha

Peace

Chief
Legend

« Reply #173 on: September 05, 2007, 11:13:02 PM »

As much as i love them, i don't think they should tour.. it really won't be Amazing without the backbone (bonham).  I'd still go to a show if possible just because, but I don't think Led Zeppelin can ever really be any more.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #174 on: September 07, 2007, 02:24:07 PM »

According to Independent.ie, six digits on the official web site of LED ZEPPELIN was all it took yesterday to fuel fevered hopes that the longest-awaited and most-rumored reunion in rock history is about to be announced ? and spark a huge scramble for tickets.

Fan web sites were buzzing with speculation that first full-scale concert in 27 years ? in the form of a one-off appearance in November at the O2 venue in Greenwich, south-east London ? would be held on November 13 after the home page of LedZeppelin.com carried the American-style date 11.13.07 without further explanation. The date is a day after the [European] release of "Mothership", the band's latest greatest hits collection. [Editor's note: November 13 is the U.S. release date of "Mothership".]

A source said: "It is going to happen. We are finalizing the precise timing but basically the guys have agreed they want to do it. It will be a one-off."

It is thought the concert in the former Millennium Dome will be a charity event in memory of Ahmet Ertegun, the founder of Atlantic Records, the jazz and blues label that signed LED ZEPPELIN in 1968 without ever seeing them perform, apparently on the advice of the singer Dusty Springfield.

But sources said claims that the band will also play two gigs in America ? one in Florida and one in New York ? were wide of the mark.

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #175 on: September 07, 2007, 05:21:32 PM »

I'm looking at the track listing for the Mothership album and it looks pretty good, but I'm surprised that only 3 songs from Physical Graffiti (which has 15 songs) make it, but 4 from Houses Of The Holy (which has 8 ) are on there. Both albums are great (I may even like HOTH better) but half of HOTH is on the compilation. But it does look like a good track list nonetheless.

Oh yeah, where are Dancing Days and Fool In The Rain?? Tongue

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #176 on: September 07, 2007, 06:13:24 PM »

According to Billboard.com, a press conference will be held on September 12 in London in connection with LED ZEPPELIN's possible reunion concert in honor of late producer/record mogul Ahmet Ertegun, to be held at the O2 in London in November,

judaskennedy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #177 on: September 08, 2007, 02:22:54 AM »

i may be the only one here who thinks this but...

F-Led Zeppelin!,  two reasons.

first i cant have any respect for a band that steals songs and puts their own names into the credits... i just cant, no matter how rockin they were (and i'll admit i was a fan for a long time.. but shame on them).. and second... when 'bonzo' died-  they made zero effort to keep going- he was the drummer- and i doubt he wrote any of the songs that they did'nt steal in the first place. he was the easiest to replace out of the four.. but instead they just decided to keep the money they've stolen and hide out. even if i lived in england- and could afford the outragous price the tickets are going to be- i still would'nt go-- i'd rather go see Lynyrd Skynyrd-  half the band died in a plane crash and they somehow managed to keep going--

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #178 on: September 08, 2007, 04:47:48 AM »

F-Led Zeppelin!,  two reasons.

first i cant have any respect for a band that steals songs and puts their own names into the credits... i just cant, no matter how rockin they were (and i'll admit i was a fan for a long time.. but shame on them).. and second... when 'bonzo' died-  they made zero effort to keep going- he was the drummer- and i doubt he wrote any of the songs that they did'nt steal in the first place. he was the easiest to replace out of the four.. but instead they just decided to keep the money they've stolen and hide out. even if i lived in england- and could afford the outragous price the tickets are going to be- i still would'nt go-- i'd rather go see Lynyrd Skynyrd-  half the band died in a plane crash and they somehow managed to keep going--

Whoa put down the crack pipe there. That stuff will kill ya. They stole no songs that i know. I have never heard any band play those songs before them. With the exception of train kept a rolin. Many bands have done that one though. So what? They felt it would be wrong to continue without him. I see nothing wrong with that. They obviously thought it was a huge part of the band and he was. Didn't write any songs? Does moby dick ring a bell? He is one of the greatest drummers ever and NOT at all easy to replace.
judaskennedy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #179 on: September 08, 2007, 03:01:37 PM »

F-Led Zeppelin!, two reasons.

first i cant have any respect for a band that steals songs and puts their own names into the credits... i just cant, no matter how rockin they were (and i'll admit i was a fan for a long time.. but shame on them).. and second... when 'bonzo' died- they made zero effort to keep going- he was the drummer- and i doubt he wrote any of the songs that they did'nt steal in the first place. he was the easiest to replace out of the four.. but instead they just decided to keep the money they've stolen and hide out. even if i lived in england- and could afford the outragous price the tickets are going to be- i still would'nt go-- i'd rather go see Lynyrd Skynyrd- half the band died in a plane crash and they somehow managed to keep going--

Whoa put down the crack pipe there. That stuff will kill ya. They stole no songs that i know. I have never heard any band play those songs before them. With the exception of train kept a rolin. Many bands have done that one though. So what? They felt it would be wrong to continue without him. I see nothing wrong with that. They obviously thought it was a huge part of the band and he was. Didn't write any songs? Does moby dick ring a bell? He is one of the greatest drummers ever and NOT at all easy to replace.

no crack pipe here sonny,? listen to this...? ?http://www.dogmaticblog.com/mp3/led_zep2.mp3
? ? ? its an interview done by howard stern, talking with someone who knows more details then i could explain... give it a listen -  they play the originals and and the zep versions-- sometimes they steal the song outright.. but sometimes they changed the words slightly..  (Communication Breakdown was originally called Nervous breakdown)? ?but heres a list of songs they've stolen...

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
 Black Mountain Side
 Boogie with Stu
 Bring It On Home
 Communication Breakdown
 Custard Pie
 Dazed and Confused
 Gallows Pole
 Hats Off to (Roy) Harper
 Hey Hey What Can I Do
 How Many More Times
 I Can't Quit You Baby