Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:29:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227941 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R in South Africa in April & May
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R in South Africa in April & May  (Read 36202 times)
pumpkin
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #220 on: February 05, 2007, 11:50:12 PM »

1. there is no reason to think the album won't be out (tentative release date march 6) before these shows in south africa in april and may
2. it doesn't really make a difference to the show if the album is out- he plays the new songs anyway
3. i don't think it will interfere with the album if it's not already out by the time of the show, that is.  it's only two days to play and a few days for travel i would imagine. 
4. i wish i could afford to go.  i would love to see that show.   crying
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #221 on: February 06, 2007, 03:06:23 AM »

GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose has commented on the band's upcoming first-ever performance in South Africa at the My Coke Fest 2007. The event is scheduled for April 27 in Johannesburg and May 1 in Cape Town, with EVANESCENCE and HOOBASTANK also confirmed on the bill. The show is a sort of sequel to 2006's Coca-Cola Collab Massive Mix, which featured the South African live debut of METALLICA as well as appearances from natives SEETHER and others.

Said Rose: "I've been fortunate enough to play in some of the most historic buildings and stadiums around the world but performing in South Africa will truly be an honor. I can't wait to see South Africa. This is a dream come true."

GUNS N' ROSES is rumored to be planning more touring for later this spring and summer.

Although Rose, who turns 45 today (Tuesday, February 6), posted a message in December revealing a tentative release date of March 6 for the long-delayed GN'R album "Chinese Democracy", there's been no further word on whether the CD will actually surface on that date.

"Chinese Democracy" is the first GUNS N' ROSES album since the 1993 covers collection "The Spaghetti Incident". In the ensuing decade, the group has lost every original member besides Rose and burned through a reported $13 million in recording expenses.

GUNS N' ROSES' "Greatest Hits" collection, which was originally issued in March of 2004, was certified triple-platinum on April 11, 2006 by the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) for shipments in excess of three million copies. The CD sold 10,000 copies in the United States last week alone (week ending Jan. 28), bringing the total number of copies sold since its release to 3.43 million, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Source: Blabbermouth
elmir
VIP

« Reply #222 on: February 06, 2007, 03:14:02 AM »

here is that "new bio" they mentioned last week.

GUNS N' ROSES
With a handful of MTV Music / Video Awards and American Music Awards, They are one of the "50 Bands To See Before You Die" (Q Magazine), 9th on VH1?s "100 Greatest Artists of Hard Rock", and one of Rolling Stone Magazine?s ?100 Greatest Artists of All Time?. Guns N' Roses has sold over 65 million albums worldwide, with their 1987 debut album, Appetite For Destruction was the highest selling debut of all-time, and sold over 20 million copies alone! Use Your Illusion vol. 1 & 2 entered the Billboard charts at the number one and two positions, with the hit single "November Rain" holding the distinction of being MTV's top music video of all-time. Guns N' Roses are recognized as a band that changed rock and metal music in the late 80s by bringing it a more serious, emotional, and sometimes political edge. Their live performances are energetic and electrifying, and there is no one in the world who can engage an audience like Axl Rose. Without a doubt, one of the most talented and distinctive singers in rock history!

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
booker t
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #223 on: February 06, 2007, 04:57:22 AM »

There is also a HUGE 5 page special on Axl Rose, Guns n Roses and Chinese Democracy in this months south african FHM. I don't have a scanner but will try organise it for you guys...nothing you haven't heard before and sometimes a bit anti gunners but it ends well...

will try get it down...
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #224 on: February 06, 2007, 05:24:31 AM »

There is also a HUGE 5 page special on Axl Rose, Guns n Roses and Chinese Democracy in this months south african FHM. I don't have a scanner but will try organise it for you guys...nothing you haven't heard before and sometimes a bit anti gunners but it ends well...

will try get it down...

Probably from Mick Shit on the Wall

That guy is trying to brand his fkn unofficial bio of axl, and so far, hes done it on nearly every country in the world,  dumb fkhead ok

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
elmir
VIP

« Reply #225 on: February 06, 2007, 07:09:55 AM »

Probably from Mick Shit on the Wall
That guy is trying to brand his fkn unofficial bio of axl, and so far, hes done it on nearly every country in the world,  dumb fkhead ok

no, its a typical FHM article, the way they would write, it, trying to squeeze over 20 years' worth of stories in two pages, lots of it badly written as well, the only new-ish thing in there is a photo of axl and that Jennifer chick from the Since I don't have you video...i have never seen that one before.

other than that, its a basic article.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #226 on: February 06, 2007, 08:38:20 AM »

Yes! This is a very positive sign.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #227 on: February 06, 2007, 04:43:28 PM »

Shall we start setting up the updaters for the concerts?? yes

(Yes I'm spoiled, I know)

Wink

LOL!  My thoughts exactly! 
guns_n_motley
« Reply #228 on: February 06, 2007, 09:51:44 PM »

IDK, I think its a GOOD sign. theres no way axl would embark on another tour just a year after his last one with no new music.

I think CD is on its way, sooner rather than later. might not come in march, but maybe april or may or even june!
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #229 on: February 06, 2007, 10:09:57 PM »

i just hope that once this tour begins that the album is out of axl's hands at least

hopefully by the time it starts its in out hands  smoking

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #230 on: February 06, 2007, 10:10:21 PM »

^ i meant in our hands           lol

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #231 on: February 11, 2007, 03:01:03 PM »

Go to the original 5FM article here... http://www.5fm.co.za/events/eventsdetails.aspx?id=7281

Where it used to say "Brand new biography coming soon!", it now says...

The rock n' roll machine known as Guns N' Roses have announced that they will be hitting the road starting in April. The first leg of the Chinese Democracy World Tour 2007 will see GN'R performing in Japan, Thailand, South Africa, South America, Mexico, Australia, and New Zealand.

2006 saw Guns N' Roses perform over 70 concerts all over the world to rave reviews. With the release of the highly anticipated Chinese Democracy album imminent, 2007 promises to be even busier and more exciting for the band and their loyal fans. When it comes to performing live, lead vocalist W. Axl Rose, guitarist Robin Finck, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, and Richard Fortus, bassist Tommy Stinson, keyboard players Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman, and drummer Frank Ferrer are a rock n' rock spectacular that have to be experienced to be believed.

For the very first time in their storied career, Guns N' Roses will be performing in South Africa. GN'R are scheduled to headline the My Coke Festival taking place in Johannesburg on April 27th and Cape Town on May 1st.

"I've been fortunate enough to play in some of the most historic buildings and stadiums around the world but performing in South Africa
will truly be an honor" - Axl -   "I can't wait to see South Africa. This is a dream come true".
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #232 on: February 11, 2007, 03:22:28 PM »

This is awsome....They better have the album announced by the time they play those shows though

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #233 on: February 11, 2007, 03:23:44 PM »

This is awsome....They better have the album announced by the time they play those shows though

It can't go wrong again, can it? Surely not this time  hihi *fingers crossed*
guns_n_motley
« Reply #234 on: February 11, 2007, 03:30:34 PM »

so, im guessing another U.S. winter/fall tour for GNR??
Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #235 on: February 11, 2007, 03:32:19 PM »

so, im guessing another U.S. winter/fall tour for GNR??

Hmm, I think with CD in their back the first leg in spring, an european leg in summer and a US leg in fall/winter...  drool
guns_n_motley
« Reply #236 on: February 11, 2007, 04:08:04 PM »

even though its old, I remember merck mentioning GNR will be back in U.S. for the summer. so maybe GNR will hit the U.S. in the summer. this tour right now should only be April-early June
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #237 on: February 11, 2007, 04:09:40 PM »

That may have been the plan back then, but with new management new plans may have been concocted.  I wouldn't pay too much notice of what Merck has said any more.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #238 on: February 11, 2007, 04:10:52 PM »

Technically though, wouldnt they want to be in the U.S. or Europe for the cd release??

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #239 on: February 11, 2007, 04:13:07 PM »

Technically though, wouldnt they want to be in the U.S. or Europe for the cd release??

A lot of bands would... but since when have Guns N' Roses ever done anything conventionally?  I wouldn't be too surprised if they play Hong Kong on album release day... launch Chinese Democracy while actually in China. ok
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: