Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 04:34:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!  (Read 118476 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #380 on: March 09, 2007, 01:46:16 PM »

i was listening to Kerrang! radio in the uk earlier, they mentioned that gn'r site that has shut down, then said the album is now scheduled for a september release.

where do they get these dates?

Scheduled?  hihi

They get them from the same places we get them. Various sites on the Internet.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #381 on: March 09, 2007, 01:47:15 PM »

i think it will be this year, although i dont think axl should have said even a tentaive date, because people get their hopes up and who can blame them?

fact is this album is long over due, people can argue all they want but at the end of the day, thats a fact.

axl has said in the past that it would be out this yaer, and "soon" and all that stuff and nothing was delivered, i undertand the guy is human, but he's has done this on a few occasions.

the sheer fact that i think we've had 3 chinese democracy world tours shows a lack of organisation ?or cohesion in the GnR camp, world tour to me should equal album or no world tour should begin untio the album is 80-90% done.

all the floks defending axl and pointong to the word tentative and over analysing what the guy said are, in my mind, just as sad as those who spit the dummy out and say they wont wait any longer.

may be you'll do better next time........punk!

who the fuck are you to compare those of us who defend axl with the bullshitters?
stop using gnr quotes to attack people, it's lame as hell.
beta has already said the band doesn't need "fans" who refuse to believe the truth and who insist on being negative and who wants to blame everything on axl and i couldn't agree with her more. the band will do just fine without you. what the fuck do you know about how the band/management is organized? do you know axl or anyone associated with the band?
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #382 on: March 09, 2007, 01:50:05 PM »

Yea, but c'mon Jarmo... Axl could take a dump in your milk and you'd call it cereal.? ? ?Grin

But what would Pitman say about that?

Axl can do no wrong in your eyes.? Which is fine.

I can't see the connection here.

People complain about the lack of information when Axl wrote a letter explaining the situation only a few months ago and since then the official site has been updated with a CD update.

Bumblefoot also has given small updates on the progress in recent radio interviews.

In addition to that, there's a bunch of shows happening pretty soon around the world.

If you choose to ignore all these updates, then I guess there's a serious lack of information.

This so called lack of information is nothing more than certain people wanting certain information. The information supplied isn't what they wanted to hear. So, what do they do? They claim there's no information at all from the band. That's a fucking lie and anybody with half a brain can see that.

If you've missed it, go read it on www.gunsnroses.com

What they fail to realize is that maybe the information they crave, can't be shared at this point because it's not confirmed or anything final.

Last time Axl gave us a (tentative) release date, he got crucified for lying!? Roll Eyes

You think he'll do that again seeing how his words got twisted and people got pissed off?

/jarmo

Sure, but what I'm saying is that there are details that you know, Talking Metal knows, and EMS knows about the process of CD that the average fan doesn't get to hear.

Those details make it much, much easier to be forgiving of the delays. ?Were Axl to share that info -- the specific process the album is going through, and what he's personally been through over the years -- then I think it'd be a lot harder for the forum fans to bitch and complain. ?

Axl might be a rock god, but he's also a human being. ?He's got flaws, he makes mistakes, he has troubles just like everyone else.

Yes, he used the word "tentative" once, so that officially gets him off the hook. ?Yes, he let celebrated author Del James slop down a couple of vague sentences about March 6th, so I suppose, he's "technically" given us an update.

But if the goal of such PR is to explain what's happening with GNR and create good will with the fans, I think the latest "update" has failed, completely and utterly.

The really sad part is, Axl's got a perfectly good explanation of what's going on, he just refuses to share it with his fans for some reason. ?It's such a shame. ?If he involved them in this process, they'd be much more forgiving. ?I've been one of Axl's biggest critics over the last year. ?But when he shared some of the details of CD's process and his own life, it really made me see things in a different light. ?

All this bullshit is so completely unnecessary. ?It's really sad.? I wish he'd entrust his PR to a writer who understands that the key to good writing is creating EMPATHY.? Del really doesn't get that, and Axl pays the price.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #383 on: March 09, 2007, 01:55:23 PM »

Sure, but what I'm saying is that there are details that you know, Talking Metal knows, and EMS knows about the process of CD that the average fan doesn't get to hear.

What details?

I read that it's being mixed.

Unlike some, I don't need GN'R to give me a daily schedule of the mixing process. It'll be finished when it's finished.

You should know by now that even if Axl told us every single detail, some of you wouldn't like what he said and he'd get called a liar.

It always happens. The band or Axl says "this happened because....." and some fans say "Well, I don't buy it. They should've/could've...".

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 01:57:48 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #384 on: March 09, 2007, 01:59:01 PM »

i think it will be this year, although i dont think axl should have said even a tentaive date, because people get their hopes up and who can blame them?

fact is this album is long over due, people can argue all they want but at the end of the day, thats a fact.

axl has said in the past that it would be out this yaer, and "soon" and all that stuff and nothing was delivered, i undertand the guy is human, but he's has done this on a few occasions.

the sheer fact that i think we've had 3 chinese democracy world tours shows a lack of organisation ?or cohesion in the GnR camp, world tour to me should equal album or no world tour should begin untio the album is 80-90% done.

all the floks defending axl and pointong to the word tentative and over analysing what the guy said are, in my mind, just as sad as those who spit the dummy out and say they wont wait any longer.

who the fuck are you to compare those of us who defend axl with the bullshitters?
beta has already said the band doesn't need "fans" who refuse to believe the truth and who insist on being negative and who wants to blame everything on axl and i couldn't agree with her more. the band will do just fine without you. what the fuck do you know about how the band/management is organized? do you know axl or anyone associated with the band?

what the fuck are you going on about you fucking pyscho! IS IT YOUR FUCKING BAD WEEK!!!

my post wasn't aimed at anyone, im not negative, i said axl's human, when we get it we get it!

its people like you who jump on the defensive and attack people for having opinion that you dont share that drives other fans to frustration, you fuckin stupid bitch, open your eyes, your ears fuckling wake up! i didnt say anything to anyone, i just staed my opinion you fuck!

do your fuckin research before coming on and spewing you shit all over the keyboard with you misinformed/ misguided, head in the sand, bullshit!

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #385 on: March 09, 2007, 01:59:24 PM »

Jarmo,

I think you're trying to distort the content of my post.

I never said daily updates. ?Nobody has. ?You're saying that to weaken our arguments about GNR's bad PR.

Honestly, if GNR's publicity was the slighest bit compotent, you wouldn't see this much bitching on a fan board. ?There are perfectly good, human explanations for what's happening in Axl's world. ?

For some reason, he's decided not to share that. ?All the bitching we see on the forums is the consequences of that choice, in my opinion.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #386 on: March 09, 2007, 02:00:09 PM »

Quote from: MotherGooseLuvR on Today at 01:50:05 PM

What details?

I read that it's being mixed.

Unlike some, I don't need GN'R to give me a daily schedule of the mixing process. It'll be finished when it's finished.

/jarmo

If we have absolutely no further updates on the album and it doesn't come out for at least the next 3 years, would you have no problem with that? ?Would you still be of the mind that "when it's finished, it's finished"? ?I'm not trying to start shit here. ?I'm just curious as to where you stand.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
EstrangedReality
« Reply #387 on: March 09, 2007, 02:13:08 PM »

People on a fan forum are biased.

If you want a realistic perception of the situation look to average fans and media outlets - they're the ones bitching about GN'Rs' (non existent) PR. Funny, they don't bitch about other bands' PR, do they?

Del James' post was hardly an "update" of any sort. It was a quick blurb and a recap of info we had already gotten from both Axl and a newspaper article confirming Bumble had said the recording was finished. Axl told EMS the recording was finished before then and Montreal on MyGNR found an article verifying the recording was finished - at least on Bumble's end. So we knew this "update" at least two weeks before Mr. Del said anything.

Sorry, but their communication level is astonishingly bad for a major band, and all you have to do is look to NIN for an example of the right way to do it. Axl said he'd try as hard as possible to have it out by March 6th, and that if "unforeseen difficulties" delayed it, we would be kept up to date constantly.

They waited until the week before Mar. 6th to tell us. They would have known at least eight weeks prior whether or not March 6th was a realistic date.

So, take it any way you like - but I don't consider that being kept up to date when they wait until the very, very, very last minute to tell us something we already knew.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 02:15:42 PM by Russian Roulette » Logged
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #388 on: March 09, 2007, 02:21:15 PM »

it's not like that. Your opinion doesn't matter. That was tentative and its all. You don't need to guess anything. I don't care if you say i'm sad or something. It's your opinion only, pointless to me. I defend the guy cause he used the word TENTATIVE. If you got mad, cry, just cry.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #389 on: March 09, 2007, 02:48:03 PM »

what the fuck are you going on about you fucking pyscho! IS IT YOUR FUCKING BAD WEEK!!!
my post wasn't aimed at anyone, im not negative, i said axl's human, when we get it we get it!

its people like you who jump on the defensive and attack people for having opinion that you dont share that drives other fans to frustration, you fuckin stupid bitch, open your eyes, your ears fuckling wake up! i didnt say anything to anyone, i just staed my opinion you fuck!

do your fuckin research before coming on and spewing you shit all over the keyboard with you misinformed/ misguided, head in the sand, bullshit!

if this post doesn't quality for bad karma, i don't know what does... chill the fuck out, it's only the internet... can't you handle people confronting your posts without going all looney on me?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #390 on: March 09, 2007, 02:51:11 PM »

Sorry, but their communication level is astonishingly bad for a major band, and all you have to do is look to NIN for an example of the right way to do it. Axl said he'd try as hard as possible to have it out by March 6th, and that if "unforeseen difficulties" delayed it, we would be kept up to date constantly.

there is no right way to do it.  Axl isn't Trent, he's not anyone else and he does shit his way.   Always has, this is nothing new.
Jaakko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #391 on: March 09, 2007, 03:22:38 PM »

Honestly, if GNR's publicity was the slighest bit compotent, you wouldn't see this much bitching on a fan board. ?There are perfectly good, human explanations for what's happening in Axl's world. ?

For some reason, he's decided not to share that. ?All the bitching we see on the forums is the consequences of that choice, in my opinion.

Yes, Axl has not given many interviews lately. One reason that just comes to me is the ancient GNR-truth: whatever he says or does, people jump on him. If he gave daily updates, he would be just waisting his time because there is always somebody bitching. Time and time again, it's sad and frustrating.

But Axl has been in tough places all his life. He'll finish the record and PERHAPS he then sheds some light into those various legal cases and reasons for Chinese Democracys delays & problems. He IS King Dick, but he is also the hardest rocker around. ?smoking
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #392 on: March 09, 2007, 03:40:57 PM »

Funny until the last may the negatives would go on about as how 'the band members didn't know a shit'. and now what? they are on at jarmo about as how he and some others 'know the details'.

Axl said he'd try as hard as possible to have it out by March 6th, and that if "unforeseen difficulties" delayed it, we would be kept up to date constantly.

Again,
Axl NEVER said that. sorry but if anything the level of your reading comprehension is astonishingly bad for a native English speaker. You shouldn't take others words the way you like and complain about them.

The update by del was just an extra, nice of him and the camp. it was not what they were obliged to do.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 03:42:31 PM by ppbebe » Logged
markpeterhughes73
Headliner

Waiting, waiting, waiting some more... Chin Dem?

« Reply #393 on: March 09, 2007, 03:54:30 PM »

Well, throughout all the negative shit goin around the crew still have my support and I'd rather hear about new leaks than nothing.? I've been into GNR longer than most people on this board and feel that Axl doesn't give a shit about what we think. The reason I feel this is because I am in my thirties and understand that music is a? living and a? business.? He does what he does because he has to. I run my own company and know that he would love to get this shit out but when it comes down to it he answers to more people than many of you give credit to.? Axl Rose is not the GOD you all think he is.? He is a bloke trying to make a living like you and I.? If your a kid who still relies on your parents you won't understand this post at all but if your an adult you will.
The album will materialise when the people that be, let it.

Good luck Axl and give em shit!!!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 03:56:56 PM by markpeterhughes73 » Logged
maynard
« Reply #394 on: March 09, 2007, 03:57:34 PM »

There is a lot of people saying "Axl can do anything he wants" right, he can do shit his way but you have to ask yourself "Should he do things this way?". Many people don't ask this themselves because then it's easier to accpet the fact that Axl let us down everytime.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #395 on: March 09, 2007, 03:58:01 PM »

Well, throughout all the negative shit goin around the crew still have my support and I'd rather hear about new leaks than nothing.? I've been into GNR longer than most people on this board and feel that Axl doesn't give a shit about what we think. The reason I feel this is because I am in my thirties and understand that music is a? living and a? business.? He does what he does because he has to. I run my own company and know that he would love to get this shit out but when it comes down to it he answers to more people than many of you give credit to.? Axl Rose is not the GOD you all think he is.? He is a bloke trying to make a living like you and I.? If your a kid who still relies on your parents you won't understand this post at all but if your an adult you will.
The album will materialise when the people that be, let it.

Good luck Axl and give em shit!!!

Here's hopin he doesnt give us shit ?hihi

I would'nt do that if I were you.
markpeterhughes73
Headliner

Waiting, waiting, waiting some more... Chin Dem?

« Reply #396 on: March 09, 2007, 04:01:12 PM »

Its not him giving us shit but the big wigs in the background giving him shit.  think about it. If you were him and in his position.  Your life is music so what do you do??? He's had some life and many people knock him for things that aren't within his control.  Take the court battles he's had. Sometimes the system is against us and thats why Rock music is so successful because we all know it.
gokken
Rocker

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #397 on: March 09, 2007, 04:21:00 PM »

Its pretty sick, Whatever Axl does people will be disagree and complain about his decision, always! That cant be easy for him.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #398 on: March 09, 2007, 04:26:21 PM »

Its pretty sick, Whatever Axl does people will be disagree and complain about his decision, always! That cant be easy for him.

Uhg.  Whatever ANYONE does there will always be someone who may disagree.  I'm really getting tired of this whole idea that Axl is "damned if he does/damned if he doesn't".  Why can't the people just understand that many of us judge each event (or lack-therof) on it's own merrit.  Yes...I am complaing about the current lack of information.  However, when the tour was going on last year I was NOT complaining about the setlist.  I liked it.  I'm really getting sick and tired of it being a black and white, either your for him or your against him thing.  It's just not that way. 

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #399 on: March 09, 2007, 04:29:42 PM »

Jarmo,

I think you're trying to distort the content of my post.

I never said daily updates.  Nobody has.  You're saying that to weaken our arguments about GNR's bad PR.

Honestly, if GNR's publicity was the slighest bit compotent, you wouldn't see this much bitching on a fan board.  There are perfectly good, human explanations for what's happening in Axl's world. 

For some reason, he's decided not to share that.  All the bitching we see on the forums is the consequences of that choice, in my opinion.

Once again, you failed to address the real issue. I meant Axl could give us daily updates and it still wouldn't be good enough for certain people. These people would still call him a liar and post shit like "well, why didn't he do it like this" or "he should've thought about that before" etc etc etc.

GN'R hasn't really never been about doing what the rest of the world does have they?

Del James' post was hardly an "update" of any sort.

Well, as I said, if you choose to ignore all these updates, then there really isn't any communication from the band at all.

Nice to see the Pitman fan site guys share the same view on the band.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: