Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 05:28:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The reason we're waiting....
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The reason we're waiting....  (Read 43843 times)
Warchild
Rocker

Shine on you Crazy Diamond...!!!

« Reply #120 on: March 22, 2007, 08:18:42 PM »

On second though maybe you should staple your copy of Jarmo's response to your dented forehead.........

how does it feel to look like a know-nothing fool?Huh

mommy hit you in your head too many times with a frying pan rufus?Huh

this is a FAN forum, not a HATERS forum.....that would be......that "other" one....maybe thats where you belong!!

you are really looking like an ass right about now....maybe the preparation H wasn't a good Idea for a facial scrub!!!!

WC

"It takes Less than Death to Kill a Man
and I'm so sick of dying;
Days of sunshine nights of rain
Doesn't matter when you're crying

Tell me how to make things right
tell the truth from lies..
W
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #121 on: March 22, 2007, 08:21:48 PM »

Hello, McFly, McFly, anyone home?

More insults?

Or maybe this was aimed at somebody else again and not me personally.....

Nice try on twisting my words. Too bad your argument is so fucking weak that you had to stoop to that, and give such lame responses. What do you want me to say jarmo? What kind of post would make me a true fan? Please tell me.

Weak? There's the facts for you to think about. Get back to me when you have looked at them and answered the question.

Its not 2001 anymore? I was showing you a track record, since you seem to have no clue what one is. Here -- You date a girl, she lies and cheats on you, you see her again years later, you have a good time with her... She would almost be perfect to marry IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW HER TRACKRECORD. hihi

I know what a track record is. Nice try of trying to insult me again.  Roll Eyes

I pointed out what was wrong with your claims and that's the best you can do?

The Chinese Democracy tour, as a whole, never finished.

Maybe because the same tour is starting up again in April?

imo, the band has hardly done anything right since 2001, but thats my opinion and no one is going to control my opinion. I know how much you hate that.

No, I don't hate it. I just can't relate to spending time on something I hate.

I love the new band and the new music,

There's new music?

You mean there's something else to whine about than what Axl said or didn't say?

I just hate some people around them, how those people treat their fans, and I hate a lot of fans too. I try not to let those people taint my view of the band, but it is difficult.

That's a lot of hate. Can't be healthy.

Funny how you have all this hate for people (you don't even know) and then some of you wonder why I have some problems with people like you.

I have posted my love for this band over and over. I come here to check out the posts, see what's going on.

I thought nothing was going on.....

I don't hardly post here anymore, but there is some entertainment here from the Axlites. We know how interesting posting about Axl's clothes and how much we love Madagascar is. Hey, lets start an appreciation thread again!

Axlites?  Roll Eyes

I love the band, but I don't worship blindly.

Many people are like that.

But they don't come here to point out everything that's wrong.

And since when has wanting to hear a bands album been a bad thing? If they can't handle criticism Axl should have picked another line of work. You put yourself out there you are going to be commented on. That's life.

There is no criteria to being a fan. Maybe if the whining is getting to you, you should take a look at yourself. Are you a fan, or a pawn desperate in your overcompinsation to appease the band? If I was a judgemental prick I might try to tell people that's not a "true fan".

So are you calling me a prick now?

I just don't see a place on this board for somebody like you.

You obviously can't relate to people being happier about what the band is doing in 2007, compared to say 2005.

You're like one of those bitter persons at a party trying to bring everybody else down.

Or that one guy who's never happy.

This is basically you:

Me: It's sunny outside!
You: Yeah, but it rained all week and it'll probably rain tomorrow too! It sucks! I'm not gonna let somebody tell me it's not sucking! I hate all of you who think it's great to have sunny weather today.

You can keep calling me an ass kisser and come up with your bullshit ideas of why I do the things I do. I know the truth, you and others like you have no clue whatsoever.

I just refuse to let a few people like you turn this place into a "nothing is right, everything sucks" kind of place.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 08:23:27 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #122 on: March 22, 2007, 08:42:10 PM »

That was not an insult, I was actually proving a point about how people are treated around here. Lets see "whiners" and "Axlites"... Kind of evens out.

"Weak? There's the facts for you to think about. Get back to me when you have looked at them and answered the question."

I really have no idea what facts you're talking about, if you can show me, fine. All I know is that you keep bringing up 2001 for some reason. As for the best I can do, I'm saying that it is difficult to believe everything that's come out of GNR when Axl himself has said that statements out of GNR on behalf of him, the band and the album were false. And before you bring up 2001 again, this was just a few months ago.

fwiw, that part was in no way an insult. Just thought I'd point that out.

"There's new music?

You mean there's something else to whine about than what Axl said or didn't say?"

When I say weak, this is what I mean. That really made no sense, unless it was a stab at humor.

Going on, as in what's going on on the board, btw.

on blind worship:

"Many people are like that.

But they don't come here to point out everything that's wrong."

Well that would defeat the purpose, wouldn't it? hihi But they whine the MOST. They jump down peoples throat for innocent comments, and I'm not just talking about the assholes who start shit. They are a HUGE part of the problem of what's going on around here, and they're insults have been ignored.

I didn't call you a prick, that was a description of a person who tells someone they are or aren't a fan. Like you respond all the time about no one knowing who you are to those who criticize you....

Its more like:

you: Its sunny outside.

me: the weatherman said there was a chance for rain, though.

you: Stop fucking being so negative, you fucking whiner!

« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 09:04:05 PM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Warchild
Rocker

« Reply #123 on: March 22, 2007, 08:52:52 PM »

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable response to somebody like you....hater/whiner........

hell, that deserves repeating.....take all your negativity elsewhere, need a suggestion?Huh You ain't gonna like it......but I am rapidly losing patience

with people like you........

you do not know what you are talking about
Jarmo does......

FACT!

WC

W
spyder8739
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #124 on: March 22, 2007, 08:59:08 PM »

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable response to somebody like you....hater/whiner........

hell, that deserves repeating.....take all your negativity elsewhere, need a suggestion?Huh You ain't gonna like it......but I am rapidly losing patience

Jarmo does......

FACT!

WC

Game, set, and match.  rofl
madagas
« Reply #125 on: March 22, 2007, 09:05:36 PM »

Jarmo, this is silly. ID, is not a hater at all. He has been defending Axl on the internet for at least 7 years now. Davegnfnr2k, ID, and I were saying the album will come out ?soon back in 1999-defending Axl on the Rolling Stone board. You have to agree that the album release is the biggest prick tease in the history of rock and roll. Seriously, just think about it. In essence, all ID is saying is that he, like me, doesn't believe a word anyone in the band says about the release or the recording of Chinese Democracy. Why would a sane person? On the other hand, I do believe it when they say they are going to tour. Why? Because they actually follow through 90% of the time-minus a few cancellations. Sure, things look better and feel right now. However, I don't think you need to keep running down fans. If they are that much of a pain in the ass, ban them or just simply delete their posts once they repeat themselves for the 800th time. Maybe you should just stay out of these discussions and let the topics just die a natural death. Just a suggestion. It's your party, you can cry if you want to! peace
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 09:07:10 PM by madagas » Logged
Warchild
Rocker

« Reply #126 on: March 22, 2007, 09:12:50 PM »

Jarmo does......

FACT!

WC

Game, set, and match.? rofl

ha!! Checkmate...! !!

why in the universe would you spend the time to come on here and insult and slag the band?Huh stupidity in motion!!

Peace
WC

W
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #127 on: March 22, 2007, 09:22:38 PM »

That was not an insult, I was actually proving a point about how people are treated around here. Lets see "whiners" and "Axlites"... Kind of evens out.

Wrong.

I assume by "Axlite" you mean a blind follower.

My guess is that that person would be positive and supportive of the band. That is  ok

A whiner is somebody who's trying hard to bring everybody down. Somebody who's not interested in trying to understand that not everything is black. All the time.

Now, I don't think we need those people here.

This place wasn't created for you to come here and feel good about yourself because you're not an "Axlite".

I really have no idea what facts you're talking about, if you can show me, fine. All I know is that you keep bringing up 2001 for some reason. As for the best I can do, I'm saying that it is difficult to believe everything that's come out of GNR when Axl himself has said that statements on behalf of him an GNR were false. And before you bring up 2001 again, this was a few months ago.

For example, you said the band hadn't finished a tour. I showed you the fact that they had.

Well that would defeat the purpose, wouldn't it? hihi But they whine the MOST. They jump down peoples throat for innocent comments, and I'm not just talking about the assholes who start shit. They are a HUGE part of the problem of what's going on around here, and they're insults have been ignored.

If you come here to complain about the band day after day, chances are some people won't like it.

Its more like:

No, you forgot the whole "they haven't done anything right since 2001" part....

Also, add to that:

me: Stop fucking being so negative, you fucking whiner! Chances are the sun is here to stay for the rest of the summer! Go out and enjoy it while it lasts! And if it rains, there'll be more sun at a later date. No need to be so negative!

That's more like it.

Jarmo, this is silly. ID, is not a hater at all. He has been defending Axl on the internet for at least 7 years now. Davegnfnr2k, ID, and I were saying the album will come out  soon back in 1999-defending Axl on the Rolling Stone board.

Look what happened to Dave.

I see a pattern....  nervous

hihi

You have to agree that the album release is the biggest prick tease in the history of rock and roll. Seriously, just think about it. In essence, all ID is saying is that he, like me, doesn't believe a word anyone in the band says about the release or the recording of Chinese Democracy. Why would a sane person? On the other hand, I do believe it when they say they are going to tour. Why? Because they actually follow through 90% of the time-minus a few cancellations. Sure, things look better and feel right now. However, I don't think you need to keep running down fans. If they are that much of a pain in the ass, ban them or just simply delete their posts once they repeat themselves for the 800th time. Maybe you should just stay out of these discussions and let the topics just die a natural death. Just a suggestion. It's your party, you can cry if you want to! peace

The interesting thing is that some of these fans actually are able to admit that things might not always be black or white like they claim day after day....

I'm not attacking anybody who doesn't deserve it.

If you've been here for a while, you'd know that this is a fan site. We're here because we like the band. We think that the album will be out and we want to hear it.

If you come here with an attitude like "I was a fan in 1987 when you weren't and I hope they reunite because this new band sucks", you won't be welcome here.

If your attitude is "they're not doing anything right and you're all idiots for being excited about these shows", you're not gonna feel welcome either.

If I wanna read about how much this band sucks, I wouldn't go to a fan site.

If I didn't believe that there was some great music coming from this band, I wouldn't have started the site in the first place. And I'm not gonna let some people on the Internet tell me everything sucks when after all those years of nothing things are actually happening.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #128 on: March 22, 2007, 09:29:31 PM »

Wrong.

My guess is that that person would be positive and supportive of the band. That is? ok

A whiner is somebody who's trying hard to bring everybody down. Somebody who's not interested in trying to understand that not everything is black. All the time.

This place wasn't created for you to come here and feel good about yourself because you're not an "Axlite".

I really have no idea what facts you're talking about, if you can show me, fine. All I know is that you keep bringing up 2001 for some reason. As for the best I can do, I'm saying that it is difficult to believe everything that's come out of GNR when Axl himself has said that statements on behalf of him an GNR were false. And before you bring up 2001 again, this was a few months ago.

For example, you said the band hadn't finished a tour. I showed you the fact that they had.

If you come here to complain about the band day after day, chances are some people won't like it.

Its more like:

Also, add to that:

me: Stop fucking being so negative, you fucking whiner! Chances are the sun is here to stay for the rest of the summer! Go out and enjoy it while it lasts! And if it rains, there'll be more sun at a later date. No need to be so negative!

That's more like it.

Jarmo, this is silly. ID, is not a hater at all. He has been defending Axl on the internet for at least 7 years now. Davegnfnr2k, ID, and I were saying the album will come out? soon back in 1999-defending Axl on the Rolling Stone board.

I see a pattern....? nervous

hihi

You have to agree that the album release is the biggest prick tease in the history of rock and roll. Seriously, just think about it. In essence, all ID is saying is that he, like me, doesn't believe a word anyone in the band says about the release or the recording of Chinese Democracy. Why would a sane person? On the other hand, I do believe it when they say they are going to tour. Why? Because they actually follow through 90% of the time-minus a few cancellations. Sure, things look better and feel right now. However, I don't think you need to keep running down fans. If they are that much of a pain in the ass, ban them or just simply delete their posts once they repeat themselves for the 800th time. Maybe you should just stay out of these discussions and let the topics just die a natural death. Just a suggestion. It's your party, you can cry if you want to! peace

The interesting thing is that some of these fans actually are able to admit that things might not always be black or white like they claim day after day....

If you've been here for a while, you'd know that this is a fan site. We're here because we like the band. We think that the album will be out and we want to hear it.

If you come here with an attitude like "I was a fan in 1987 when you weren't and I hope they reunite because this new band sucks", you won't be welcome here.

If your attitude is "they're not doing anything right and you're all idiots for being excited about these shows", you're not gonna feel welcome either.

If I didn't believe that there was some great music coming from this band, I wouldn't have started the site in the first place. And I'm not gonna let some people on the Internet tell me everything sucks when after all those years of nothing things are actually happening.

/jarmo

This post was pretty much the ultimate punch in the face to the haters, kudos on that one. I think this post pretty much sums things up. Most of us are here because we are thrilled to finally see some activity with this new band and we are exctited about the new record, we don't need you negative so-called "fans" to try and bring us down day after day with your pitch black view on things. So I think this sums it up, if I read Jarmo's post right. If you are here to spread negativity among fans, leave. We don't need you, and Guns N' Roses certainly doesn't.

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
Warchild
Rocker

« Reply #129 on: March 22, 2007, 09:39:41 PM »

Wrong.

My guess is that that person would be positive and supportive of the band. That is? ok

Its more like:

Also, add to that:

That's more like it.

Jarmo, this is silly. ID, is not a hater at all. He has been defending Axl on the internet for at least 7 years now. Davegnfnr2k, ID, and I were saying the album will come out? soon back in 1999-defending Axl on the Rolling Stone board.

I see a pattern....? nervous

hihi

/jarmo

This post was pretty much the ultimate punch in the face to the haters, kudos on that one. I think this post pretty much sums things up. Most of us are here because we are thrilled to finally see some activity with this new band and we are exctited about the new record, we don't need you negative so-called "fans" to try and bring us down day after day with your pitch black view on things. So I think this sums it up, if I read Jarmo's post right. If you are here to spread negativity among fans, leave. We don't need you, and Guns N' Roses certainly doesn't.

Yeah, that was very nicely worded....a TKO on the haters and whiners ..........DESERVEDLY!

(and much more calm and pleasant than if it had come from me! I'm not nearly as NICE)

Sooooooo haters, whiners and miscreants........now that you have been torn a new one, might wanna go lick your wounds (if you can)

warchild....!

W
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #130 on: March 22, 2007, 09:42:39 PM »

Yeah, old Dave refused to believe that a firemarshal and the city of Portland had a personal agenda and put a conspiracy together against Axl Roll Eyes

Axlite = Blind follower. Sums it up.... But you take up for them.

I don't come here to bash the band, or feel good about myself, or bring anyone down. If you have evidence that I have I'd like to see it. And I doubt my whole 3-4 posts a week could possibly bring anyone down.

"For example, you said the band hadn't finished a tour. I showed you the fact that they had."

But jarmo, you just said the CD tour hasn't finished yet Huh

I'm not spreading negativity. I just pointed out that Axl himself has said false statements have been made on behalf of GNR and I also did this without insulting Axl, so it was not bashing.which I NEVER have. My point is I have an opinion, and I will not be force fed bullshit of what a fan is by other FANS. And it remains, I have a legit reason to doubt information that comes from the band, and not one of you is able to discredit. Kiss

« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 09:51:43 PM by misterID » Logged

Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #131 on: March 22, 2007, 09:45:39 PM »

I can understand the optimism from the members who are, I'll say, "fresh" here. But certainly the long time optimists must at least comprehend the reason why so many fans (real fans, ticket buying fans and album buying fans) are bitter over the state of things. But we know there is no substitute for Axl. There's no option to leave, because nothing will fill the void. So we vent frustrations in a public forum, and leave feeling a little calmer and happier.

Until some newb who came here in 2007 tells us we aren't real fans when they couldn't name the 8 band members just a few months earlier.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
gnrbacik
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #132 on: March 22, 2007, 09:47:14 PM »

As a GNR fan for 20 years or more it seems like, I couldn't agree with some of you more!  I don't know what Axl is going to do nor does anyone on this board.  he is probably reading this bickering and laughing.  We've waited this long for an albumn already and over-analyzing things gets nothing accomplished.....so if you really love the band and the music why don't people just accept the fact that Axl has his way of handling things and the albumn is coming out when he's frickin ready.  end of story 
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #133 on: March 22, 2007, 09:51:42 PM »

Yeah, old Dave refused to believe that a firemarshal and the city of Portland had a personal agenda and put a conspiracy together against Axl Roll Eyes

It's like they say, birds of a feather flock together.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #134 on: March 22, 2007, 09:52:53 PM »

It's like they say, birds of a feather flock together.

Yes, they do don't they? Your post proves it.

Warchild
Rocker

« Reply #135 on: March 22, 2007, 09:53:49 PM »

Mr ID.....hater.whiners.......

Plans change, shit happens.......maybe not in YOUR world, but in everybody else's it's a given..........

and to react to said changes and shit happening, sometimes you have to roll with the punches......you are nit-picking and assuming

so, Mr. Doom and Gloom......whine elsewhere!! OR expect to be fucking attacked by those of us that still believe......

I wouldn't be here if I didn't...I don't have time to waste, or much anyway....

yeah we still believe......come hell, high water or varying shades of grey,come what may......

G&R Motherfuckers....believe it!

warchild

and birds of a feather DO flock together, so do PIGS and SWINE....(that is the rest of the rhyme. very fitting!)

W
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #136 on: March 22, 2007, 09:59:00 PM »

No wonder you're so bitter.....  Roll Eyes

Axlite = Blind follower. Sums it up.... But you take up for them.

As I said, as long as they're supportive and positive.

I don't come here to bash the band, or feel good about myself, or bring anyone down. If you have evidence that I have I'd like to see it. And I doubt my whole 3-4 posts a week could possibly bring anyone down.

Well, I'd say statements like "they've done nothing right since 2001" is bashing the band.

Calling people who support the band "Axlites" and blind followers is also something you might wanna think about not doing in the future.

"For example, you said the band hadn't finished a tour. I showed you the fact that they had."

But jarmo, you just said the CD tour hasn't finished yet Huh

Now you're taking things out of context.

You said this band hadn't managed to finish a tour. I told you they did last year.

An European tour and a North American tour.

They're both part of the World Tour..... At this point we don't know how long this tour will be.

I'm not spreading negativity. I just pointed out that Axl himself has said false statements have been made on behalf of GNR and I also did this without insulting Axl, so it was not bashing.which I NEVER have. My point is I have an opinion, and I will not be force fed bullshit of what a fan is by other FANS. And it remains, I have a legit reason to doubt information that comes from the band, and not one of you is able to discredit. Kiss

Oh you're not?

Your posts these past few days haven't seemed that positive...

/jarmo

Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #137 on: March 22, 2007, 10:01:51 PM »

I can understand the optimism from the members who are, I'll say, "fresh" here. But certainly the long time optimists must at least comprehend the reason why so many fans (real fans, ticket buying fans and album buying fans) are bitter over the state of things. But we know there is no substitute for Axl. There's no option to leave, because nothing will fill the void. So we vent frustrations in a public forum, and leave feeling a little calmer and happier.

Until some newb who came here in 2007 tells us we aren't real fans when they couldn't name the 8 band members just a few months earlier.

I certainly don't hope you are referring to me, mr. "cool long time fan", I'll have you informed that i have been on online message boards, including gnronline.com and 2TI, waiting for this record since '99, back when the only news was about Axl's court hearings and the occasional Slash and Duff sideprojects. Check yourself. There's alot of us who have waited for this record for a long time (in my case, I became a fan in 90/91 at the age of 7) and can perfectly fine do so without hearing the negative bullshit spewed out from you negative bores. Here, have a cookie for having known the names of the band members for more than a few months, I hope that makes you feel better about yourself.

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #138 on: March 22, 2007, 10:08:47 PM »

I certainly don't hope you are referring to me, mr. "cool long time fan", I'll have you informed that i have been on online message boards, including gnronline.com and 2TI, waiting for this record since '99, back when the only news was about Axl's court hearings and the occasional Slash and Duff sideprojects. Check yourself. There's alot of us who have waited for this record for a long time (in my case, I became a fan in 90/91 at the age of 7) and can perfectly fine do so without hearing the negative bullshit spewed out from you negative bores. Here, have a cookie for having known the names of the band members for more than a few months, I hope that makes you feel better about yourself.

You see, so many of the Axlites like to put a little childish insult at the end of their statements. Those in here being accused of being whiners at least intelligently mock their opposing "debaters" (not a great term for this group, but it'll suffice). I was not referencing you. In time you may learn that not everything said here is about you. However, it is obvious that the majority of threads are started by members with new accounts and less than 100 posts. Obviously, they are not used to the constant disappointment common to this band. And, therefore, do not like to hear that their stay here may be a bumpy trip. They often react poorly and violently, and end up insulting long time members. I remember lurking here throughout 05, and back then that'd be a ticket to a ban.

Sadly, that has gone out of fashion.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #139 on: March 22, 2007, 10:11:25 PM »

Most of the statements/storys that have come from the band/old management regarding touring/incidents/cancellations have turned out to be true...

Unfortunately a lot of the statements regarding the album release have turned out to be false hope, but us fans put so much pressure on the band to throw us something, maybe most the time people in the band are just throwing stuff out there to get us to lay off or shut up.

The only thing you can REALLY complain about that happened last year was the repeated "13 tuesdays left this year", "you'll see the album before the end of the year", Axl on Mtv "it's coming this year"... however he manned up and apologized for the whole deal or he had his attorney/Merck write a letter of apology, it really makes no difference as Axl seen it, approved it, and it reflected his thoughts. I'm a fan of this band, they are my favorite band, yeah it's hard at times to get teased with a "tentative" release date and we get ourselves too excited, but 2006 was a very good year, 2007 is shaping up fine imo, there is nothing that has happened that proves a release is not imminent. The only dissapointment of 06 besides no album was Merck leaving in my opinion. peace
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: