Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 02:03:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228058 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Sarah Connor Chronicles Terminator Spin Off
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Terminator Spin Off  (Read 83499 times)
Chief
Legend

« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2008, 12:05:12 AM »

thanks for posting that article.. pretty interesting.

I really am liking it so far and when i first heard of this i thought it would suck. i think its gonna be a pretty good show!

so OTHER terminators came back between the films.....and they just...forgot to mention them in the films?

For some Terminator fans the entire series is just one huge plot hole, when you keep T3 in mind.
Those of us who pretend  T3 was never released its easier to get by. Wink

Well it seems they are pretending it never existed.......

IGN TV: Are you working within the continuity of the Terminator movies, specifically Terminator 3?

Friedman: We're gonna go off on our own. I think the thing about T3 is, obviously there was just no Sarah Connor and that's something the fans were never happy with. I don't even think the people who made T3 were happy with that. It just wasn't a choice of theirs. You know, Linda Hamilton was going through some things and didn't want to be a part of it. They had a script at one point I know; there was a T3 that had Sarah in it. I've never read it. I don't know anything about it. But I know that they did and they wanted to do that. They wanted it to be kind of her trilogy, and it never could be. So I think that my feeling was this TV series to me sort of serves as the third act to that trilogy - what could have happened had we followed that after T2. So I almost think of this as T3. To me it takes the place of T3. But also I think that sort of in the spirit of Terminator, it's an alternate timeline. I know a lot of people get very worked up about the continuity and the canon and all that stuff. What I try to do is stay very, very true to the first two movies and then sort of take it from there. But always remain true to the spirit of everyone's intent and again, take some time with this woman and explore what maybe would have happened.

IGN TV: So we shouldn't expect her to get leukemia in Season 3?

Friedman: You should not expect her to get leukemia in Season 3? Unless Lena really pisses me off.

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/798/798086p1.html

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2008, 12:11:41 AM »

I thought so too chief but i have been pleasantly suprrised so far. The first two got good ratings two. It was #1 in its timeslot sunday and #2 monday.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2008, 01:28:29 AM »

I had a thought.. john was rocking GNR in T2,  and this is directly based from 2T, would be cool, if Johns taste in Music is the same.. and you get GNR now in the time they are in with say like Better, or stm, as UCBM was so heavily used in T2, would be kinda cool, if John heard a new GNR tune on radio in the show, and b kinda feel as if some things still live on.IT could be a great platform for GNR. Thats just my opinion.

IT would also lend credibility to his character..As it was made clear in T2. And could be a great way to market GNR again, promotion.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 01:30:52 AM by jazjme » Logged

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2008, 01:32:45 AM »

That wouldn't be a bad idea for GNR to do. I mean a combined 28 million people watched the first two episodes. You can't beat that kinda promotion.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2008, 01:45:59 AM »

That wouldn't be a bad idea for GNR to do. I mean a combined 28 million people watched the first two episodes. You can't beat that kinda promotion.

Maybe they can jump through time again, a few years ahead, when the first CD single is getting radio play, and the DJs are talking up the album release, and then the day it's supposed to come out, Sky-Net goes ape shit on mankind. 

At this point, I think that's plausible.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
makane
Legend

« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2008, 12:39:21 PM »

This is horrible. John sent a "teenage" woman terminator... wat?
Really, low. It tries to be so hip but fails miserably.

This could've been great, but can you honestly imagine any depth to these characters, I doubt.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2008, 05:36:30 AM »

This could've been great, but can you honestly imagine any depth to these characters, I doubt.

I don't think the point of it is to be "hip" she has to look young enough to be in high school since she goes too to protect him. You can't very well have someone who looks 30-40 yrs old. She wouldn't be believeable as a teenager then.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2008, 12:09:54 PM »

I don't think the point of it is to be "hip" she has to look young enough to be in high school since she goes too to protect him. You can't very well have someone who looks 30-40 yrs old. She wouldn't be believeable as a teenager then.

Nah.  They're trying to be hip.  I'm sure there are other plausible ways (well, within the context of a story about killing machines and time travel) for a Terminator to protect him other than being a teenage girl. 

The question is whether it makes the show bad.  I wasn't crazy about the idea (which was obvious from the promos), and when she said "Come with me if you want to live" I thought it was pretty horrible.

But other than that, I enjoy the show.  Now that she's acting more robotic and less like a  teenage girl, it's more believable and fun to watch.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2008, 10:17:52 PM »

Nah.  They're trying to be hip.  I'm sure there are other plausible ways (well, within the context of a story about killing machines and time travel) for a Terminator to protect him other than being a teenage girl. 

The question is whether it makes the show bad.  I wasn't crazy about the idea (which was obvious from the promos), and when she said "Come with me if you want to live" I thought it was pretty horrible.

But other than that, I enjoy the show.  Now that she's acting more robotic and less like a  teenage girl, it's more believable and fun to watch.

I agree with the come with me if you want to live. That was such a rip off of the first terminator movie, regardless i still have enjoyed the show to this point.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2008, 11:18:32 PM »

I wouldn't necessarily call it a rip off, I went back and watched T2 tonight, and they literally took the story from then end of that, saying "come with me if you want to live" is in my mind paying homage and connecting this series to when it left off, after T2. That being said, I think so far this series has alot of promise and could be very cool.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2008, 02:36:26 AM »

This show is destined to have goof ups.  I'm just waiting for the episode where somebody makes a HA-STERICAL pop culture reference (all the rage these days on TV shows) but it would be next to impossible for the Connors to have any knowledge of said pop culture reference because they time warped almost a decade missing some truly incredible moments in pop culture  rofl

That would be really funny if they took the show in an entirely new direction and it was all about John Connor trying to find the year that CD was released in  rofl

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2008, 06:33:56 AM »

That would be really funny if they took the show in an entirely new direction and it was all about John Connor trying to find the year that CD was released in  rofl

That would be funny  hihi
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2008, 01:08:16 PM »

The pilot episode is free on iTunes right now.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2008, 09:42:34 PM »

T3 is on TV right now - I don't get why some people HATE this movie so much.  I think its pretty good.  Always watch it when I catch it on TV.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2008, 10:17:05 PM »

The pilot episode is free on iTunes right now.

Thanks for the info.  Smiley

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2008, 10:35:51 PM »

T3 is on TV right now - I don't get why some people HATE this movie so much.  I think its pretty good.  Always watch it when I catch it on TV.

I thought it was pretty good too, obviously its not as good as the first two those are classics but its a good action movie.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2008, 02:28:21 AM »

I thought it was pretty good too, obviously its not as good as the first two those are classics but its a good action movie.

i think its biggest problem is how long it took for it to come out.  big gaps between movies usually results in a bad sequel.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2008, 02:50:26 AM »

i think its biggest problem is how long it took for it to come out.  big gaps between movies usually results in a bad sequel.

Yeah and there is another large one in between 3 and 4.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2008, 01:32:59 PM »

"Come with me if you want to hear "Prostitute".

rofl

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2008, 07:29:14 PM »

"Come with me if you want to hear "Prostitute".

rofl

rofl
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: