Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 11:21:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Sarah Connor Chronicles Terminator Spin Off
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Terminator Spin Off  (Read 83092 times)
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #120 on: January 22, 2008, 11:28:21 PM »

Because im a huge fan of the Terminator franchise, Ive been kinda fan-boy nit-picking this show. I do enjoy it, and I can even get past them ignoring T3, which I do like.  But small things about the show started bugging me, like getting the year in which T2 takes place wrong, or the age of Sarah.  But the big thing that I just realized they got wrong was the Terminator head going through time. How can they let that happen?  Only living tissue can go through. Thats a pretty big mistake.

Umm...if only living tissue can go through, then how did any Terminators ever come back in any of the films? 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2008, 11:30:42 PM »

The Arnold version was surrounded by living tissue.  And the T-1000 and the TX replicated human tissue. the Show has a robotic head going through. Big difference.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 11:32:16 PM by crow316 » Logged
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2008, 11:34:41 PM »

The Arnold version was surrounded by living tissue.  And the T-1000 and the TX replicated human tissue. the Show has a robotic head going through. Big difference.

that is a fundamental part of the Terminator story.  if you can send back metal, the machines would just send all of their advanced weapons back into time to wipe out Connor.

i remember reading a terminator story, might have been a comic book or something where a Terminator travels back in time with a human captive.  they show up decades in the past and the terminator punches the guy in the stomach and rips out a laser gun. SIIICKKK.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #123 on: January 22, 2008, 11:34:57 PM »

Because im a huge fan of the Terminator franchise, Ive been kinda fan-boy nit-picking this show. I do enjoy it, and I can even get past them ignoring T3, which I do like.  But small things about the show started bugging me, like getting the year in which T2 takes place wrong, or the age of Sarah.  But the big thing that I just realized they got wrong was the Terminator head going through time. How can they let that happen?  Only living tissue can go through. Thats a pretty big mistake.

Umm...if only living tissue can go through, then how did any Terminators ever come back in any of the films? 

My point exactly because they weren't completely living tissue. They had metal endoskeleton and the t-1000 was liquid metal.
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #124 on: January 22, 2008, 11:40:01 PM »

The rule is that it has to be "surrounded" by living tissue. The T-1000 and the TX must have replicated tissue enough to get through.  But having that head go through was blatently breaking a rule that was established. Its not like the showmakers were unaware of the rule, seeing as Sarah, John, and Cam were all naked when they came through.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #125 on: January 22, 2008, 11:43:11 PM »

Wait...when did the head go through?  I thought it was just found at a construction site.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #126 on: January 22, 2008, 11:56:04 PM »

Just before they leaped through time, Sarah shoots the terminator. The opening shot of episode 2 shows the head, sans flesh, fly through the time vortex thing.  It was picked up by a man cleaning the side of the freeway.  The only way this can work is to say that the gun that Sarah fires desintagrates flesh, and that there was still flesh on the head when it went through time. But thats clearly not what was shown.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #127 on: January 22, 2008, 11:59:44 PM »

Thats true about the living tissue thing. I didn't pick up on that but i always wondered how they made that claim. I mean yes the terminator is living tissue on the outside but inside its not. So you gotta wonder how any of the terminators were able to go through time when they are only partially alive, and remember the t-1000 was liquid metal thats not living tissue.

THANK GOD!

i thought i was the only nerd thinking that, Thank you. Smiley

i noticed that when that one black dude the detective went into the mexican guys house the dogs didn't bark at him. And in the first episode that aired didn't it show him looking into the computer screen and a red glow come from his eyes? if so then he's also a Terminator there for the dogs should have barked as soon as the detective went into the house *snort snort * pushes glasses upward**

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #128 on: January 23, 2008, 12:26:28 AM »

Just before they leaped through time, Sarah shoots the terminator. The opening shot of episode 2 shows the head, sans flesh, fly through the time vortex thing.  It was picked up by a man cleaning the side of the freeway.  The only way this can work is to say that the gun that Sarah fires desintagrates flesh, and that there was still flesh on the head when it went through time. But thats clearly not what was shown.

Guess I missed that.  I assumed it was pieces of another terminator, and that those pieces were the reason why all the bad shit still goes down, with Judgment Day, and all that.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2008, 12:37:28 AM »

Guess I missed that.  I assumed it was pieces of another terminator, and that those pieces were the reason why all the bad shit still goes down, with Judgment Day, and all that.

See thats what i thought too at first then you see the eyes light up. So that told me it was alive still.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #130 on: January 23, 2008, 02:57:46 AM »

See thats what i thought too at first then you see the eyes light up. So that told me it was alive still.

Glad to know I didn't make too much of a leap.  It makes sense, really.  Skynet still happens.  They know when.  The jump through time to near when it will happen.  The first thing you see is some dude finding a terminator skull. 

I can see why that made sense.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #131 on: January 23, 2008, 03:31:55 AM »

The thing i'm still wondering about that is if  the terminator who comes for its skull is the same one that tried to kill john in the pilot episode.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #132 on: January 23, 2008, 11:35:19 PM »

The thing i'm still wondering about that is if  the terminator who comes for its skull is the same one that tried to kill john in the pilot episode.

now that you sasy that i thihnk your right

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #133 on: January 23, 2008, 11:44:35 PM »

its amazing how Sarah was able to lift up Cameron and put her on a chair seeing as how that one firefighter couldnt pick up arnold in the T3
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #134 on: January 23, 2008, 11:49:01 PM »

This series is definitely making us think and i actually like that
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #135 on: January 23, 2008, 11:49:51 PM »

its amazing how Sarah was able to lift up Cameron and put her on a chair seeing as how that one firefighter couldnt pick up arnold in the T3

lol exactly they got lighter i guess  hihi
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #136 on: January 24, 2008, 12:08:22 AM »

Just like any other technology.  More capabilities, smaller size.  I hope there's terminator schnauzer eventually.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #137 on: January 24, 2008, 12:11:46 AM »

Just like any other technology.  More capabilities, smaller size.  I hope there's terminator schnauzer eventually.

that could probably explain the "Unknown Cyborg"?
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #138 on: January 24, 2008, 06:00:23 PM »

This series is definitely making us think and i actually like that

i know thats what i think i like most about  this show is that its so interesting and plus its kinda fun nit picking it like the nerds we are Tongue

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #139 on: February 04, 2008, 10:14:40 PM »

What did everyone think about tonights episode? I thought it was the best one so far. I really enjoyed it
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: